Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: UNFINISHED BUSINESS

Comments

• x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Personally I say we keep. Securing a 25 is better than risking only getting 15. Sure you lose 15, but the risk is losing 25 if we switch.

I agree.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    Didn’t we deduce that it meant the gold chest is silver and the silver chest has to be gold and silver?
    Shouldn’t we pass and go for the gold and silver which because they’re all mislabelled, means that it must be in the silver chest.
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    Yeah, I think by the powers of deduction the Gold & Silver must be in the Silver chest because we know now that there is only Gold in the top chest and that because all of the chests are mislabelled the Silver can't be in the Silver chest so it has to be the one with the highest value.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I'm thoroughly confused. lol
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think by the powers of deduction the Gold & Silver must be in the Silver chest because we know now that there is only Gold in the top chest and that because all of the chests are mislabelled the Silver can't be in the Silver chest so it has to be the one with the highest value.

Oh yeah you guys are right.
    Our chest is gold.
    Silver can’t be silver(so silver is in gold)
    Therefore silver has the silver and gold.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, I think we can go with that reasoning. I'm willing to go with the "silver" chest
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    It sounds good to me... ;)
    Actually second thought, I stay with my first feeling... Go for Gold!
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I already voted silver chest before so Silver
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited May 2019
    Everyone can vote now

1 vote for "Gold"

1 vote for "Silver"

• twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    Vote: Silver

Christmas_Banner.png
    Vote Silver

What Twiddle said is dead on what I thought our reasoning was for picking the Silver and Gold Chest :3 So I’m certain it’s right
    Vote Silver
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    edited May 2019

VOTES FOR GOLD
    - Alleen

VOTES FOR SILVER
    - Kitty
    - Twiddle
    - Haylo
    - Icey

VOTES FOR GOLD/SILVER
    - Nobody

YET TO VOTE
    - Jake
    - Lo
    - Ryenn
    Banner.png
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Silver

How come I was the one hammering the votes both times we did this?
    BTW, call me Jake.
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Silver

How come I was the one hammering the votes both times we did this?

It is your destiny

VOTES FOR GOLD
    - Alleen

VOTES FOR SILVER
    - Kitty
    - Twiddle
    - Haylo
    - Icey
    - Jake

VOTES FOR GOLD/SILVER
    - Nobody

YET TO VOTE
    - Lo
    - Ryenn

🔨🔨🔨 WE GOT US A HAMMER!!! 🔨🔨🔨
    Banner.png
    edited May 2019

VOTES FOR GOLD
    - Alleen

VOTES FOR SILVER
    - Kitty
    - Twiddle
    - Haylo
    - Icey
    - Jake

VOTES FOR GOLD/SILVER
    - Nobody

YET TO VOTE
    - Lo
    - Ryenn

The majority has decided to pick the chest labeled "Silver".... Here are the contents:
    GOLD AND SILVER! +$40 into the pot!!
    bigstock-Treasure-Chest-With-Gold-And-S-4115337-1200.jpg

This was known as the 3 Treasure Chests Riddle. You guys solved it! By checking the one labeled gold/silver, you can figure out the contents of all by deductive logic.

Surprisingly, no one mentioned the Monty Hall problem. I added that into the equation as a red herring and a distraction from the fact that this was actually a solvable riddle, and not about luck whatsoever.

Great job, Ryenn! You (and some of the others) were right from the start. :D

I actually did remember the Monty Hall problem, but when I saw the "label" part, I thought it would be different. And in that problem, the host will always reveal a dud in another door/chest, while in this problem, the host takes out one item from our selected chest. 🤔

Turner wrote: »

VOTES FOR GOLD
    - Alleen

VOTES FOR SILVER
    - Kitty
    - Twiddle
    - Haylo
    - Icey
    - Jake

VOTES FOR GOLD/SILVER
    - Nobody

YET TO VOTE
    - Lo
    - Ryenn

The majority has decided to pick the chest labeled "Silver".... Here are the contents:
    GOLD AND SILVER! +$40 into the pot!!
    bigstock-Treasure-Chest-With-Gold-And-S-4115337-1200.jpg

This was known as the 3 Treasure Chests Riddle. You guys solved it! By checking the one labeled gold/silver, you can figure out the contents of all by deductive logic.

Surprisingly, no one mentioned the Monty Hall problem. I added that into the equation as a red herring and a distraction from the fact that this was actually a solvable riddle, and not about luck whatsoever.

giphy.gif
    Banner.png
  • WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Great job, Ryenn! You (and some of the others) were right from the start. :D

I actually did remember the Monty Hall problem, but when I saw the "label" part, I thought it would be different. And in that problem, the host will always reveal a dud in another door/chest, while in this problem, the host takes out one item from our selected chest. 🤔

Ayyy I only got the first part, y’all got the second lol I completely forgot about my own logic when it came to the silver versus gold chests.
    Good job guys... ;)
    edited May 2019
    FINAL RESULTS

PHASE 1: Ship Prison
    +80 coins

PHASE 2: Liars Dice
    -20 coins
    +Treasure Map

PHASE 3: Treasure Map
    Obstacle 1: +40
    Obstacle 2: -50 & +40
    Obstacle 3: +$40

Altogether, $130 has been added to the group pot, and $70 into the Mole's stash!

What was your favorite part of this never-ending mission? :p