Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Game is Getting Weird

During the last week, I've all a spate of odd happenings in my game. FWIW, I play a rotational style, going from one family to another. I'm a fairly realistic player, so I don't invite unusual happenings, yet in the past week my one and only cowplant suddenly died even though it had been fed, two sims -- one male and one female -- were abducted, one while coming home from a festival, the other was simply snatched up from her bed, and yesterday a little girl was "whisked away" when I wasn't even playing her family. I've also had two sims get trapped under the staircases. That used to happen a lot in Sims 2, but I've never had it happen in Sims 4 until this week.

Now, I'm almost hesitant to start up the game, wondering what other calamity or misfortune might ensue.

Anybody else having more weird things than usual happening?

Comments

• ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    not more than usual no, but these things happen in my game fairly regularly. i have to stack large decor under every staircase because if i dont someone ALWAYS gets stuck down there. it happened once with a pet adoption npc and there was no fixing it, i had to leave without saving
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2019
    My game is always weird with or without mods it makes no difference. I always have sims randomly teleporting around their house. Not proper teleport but glitch teleport. All the sims in my households will freeze up and get stuck in position when kids or teens are doing their homework and I get sims stuck under staircases or other weird places occasionally.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I get sims and pets under the stairs all the time :#
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I guess I've been lucky not to have had sims trapped before. I know how frustrating it was in Sims 2. It's just as frustrating now LOL!
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    I like making rooms partially under the stairs or just put doors there for fun and it helps a lot cuz this happens to me a good bit also. Or i just use stairs with no wall attached.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Definitely. People disappeared, people constantly teleport, a brand new character had an alien baby, people's hair color changed, furniture disappeared, et cetera, all since the last patch.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims getting stuck under stairs often happens when you enter build mode while they are on the stairs.
    Definitely. People disappeared, people constantly teleport, a brand new character had an alien baby, people's hair color changed, furniture disappeared, et cetera, all since the last patch.

Your experience sounds a lot like mine. Since I made the original post, I have had a third alien abduction -- had never had one in my game until the last few days. I also had a novice fisherman catch a cowberry plant on the first cast. These things don't usually happen in my game, so it's bizarre to have them suddenly happening every time I play.

I've also had glitches telling me a parent can't feed a toddler because there's no high chair on the lot -- but there are two high chairs for the twins right there. I'm thinking that last patch might have messed with things a bit.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Lucky! They completely nerfed alien abductions during GTW and I've only had a handful since. :(
    edited May 2019
    Lucky! They completely nerfed alien abductions during GTW and I've only had a handful since. :(

My sims aren't even trying to get abducted! They're not doing anything... just getting snatched up anytime and anywhere. It's so weird. I've had two males and one female abducted. I don't know yet if any pregnancies will result. For one family I can work the appearance of a baby into their storyline, but the others... well, it if happens, I'll have to figure something out. :( I wish I could give you my abductions.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yep, the last patch definitely added more glitches to my game. I was playing my new family in Brindleton Bay Saturday, and their cat was running in a tight circle in the kitchen. At first I though she was simply playing as she has the frisky trait, but then I realized she was stuck. I reset her and all went back to normal for about ten minutes when I saw her suddenly drop below floor level. She looked like a ferret as she ran around the house. The top of her head, body and tail were there, but her legs were below the floor. Very weird. The wife is a level 10 gardener and teleports between her planter boxes and fruit trees when directed to harvest. The husband is fine. But he's away from the home lot more than the wife and cat as he is in the military career. I have found some of my CC decor items are suddenly missing their footprints and can't be placed. Items like rugs, pictures and decorative boxes are afflicted. These were fine before the patch. There is a problem when entering a community lot where a message pops up saying there are items missing because I don't own certain packs. Thanks to Origin's bundling discounts the only pack I don't own now is Vampires. And when I do go to play that lot all the items are there in plain sight. Meal times are driving me nuts. My Sims sit at the table and stare at the far wall, acting as if they are watching TV. If they eat together they talk to one another and finish eating in a few minutes. If they eat alone, it takes hours before their plate is empty unless I cancel the eat action in their queue then click on the plate again. However, some of the glitches/irritations I had in the game seem to be fixed since the patch. The happy couple went out to dinner to celebrate his newest promotion and they had a great time. The staff acted like staff, their meal was of excellent quality and no one in the restaurant was playing musical chairs or wearing outlandish outfits. It was amazing. The first time I have enjoyed taking my Sims out to eat. My Sims are using their hot tub on their own, too. I know I don't have a mod for that. Given the number of mods I do have, I passed on adding another that forces Sims to use the hot tub. But they do enjoy woohooing in that hot tub whenever they flirt with one another. Even if it is cold and raining. LOL

Patches are a bit like playing Russian Roulette. You never know if bugs will be fixed, or past fixes will get broken again. All I know is the latest one added a couple more bugs while fixing a couple I had been using mods for. I didn't make much headway in the bugs and glitches department this time around.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    For the Sims trapped in under the stairs, I find going into build mode and putting an archway on the wall under the stairs, then go to live, direct the sim to walk somewhere, then go back to build and just delete the archway. This is the fastest, easiest way I found, so far.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member

Your experience sounds a lot like mine. Since I made the original post, I have had a third alien abduction -- had never had one in my game until the last few days. I also had a novice fisherman catch a cowberry plant on the first cast. These things don't usually happen in my game, so it's bizarre to have them suddenly happening every time I play.

I've also had glitches telling me a parent can't feed a toddler because there's no high chair on the lot -- but there are two high chairs for the twins right there. I'm thinking that last patch might have messed with things a bit.

I had a spate of abductions in my Legacy Challenge game a few years back. Now, I haven't experienced one in ages. I have had a Sim get stuck under the staircase, too. It was a house I downloaded from the Gallery, and I quickly edited the built to keep from having it happen again. Next to the staircase was the laundry room. I added a door to the laundry room and an archway that came out on the livingroom side, I believe. I no longer play that lot, as that particular game save is long gone.

Mostly, what I've experienced, lately, is seeing afflicted Sims from StrangerVille roaming Willow Creek! You might recognize him. Tex Roswell!

86yhAyf.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    My recent gameplay session included a fire that could only be put out when the sim extinguished himself (luckily I discovered that, else I would have had to close w/o saving) and only burned the floor. Watching the video afterward kind of amused me so that I uploaded and shared it. Does that count? :neutral:
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, I played a lot lately, but did not notice anything special. The only thing was that a baby growing up to toddler, has golden hair (dad black, mom brown - kids always had one of their parents' hair in the past). Most stairs I built in by walls, so there is no access to under the stairs. And, I don't have many mods.

Would it help if you rebuild the thesims4 folder, and repair the game at Origin?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Would it help if you rebuild the thesims4 folder, and repair the game at Origin?

That's good idea. Thanks!

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    Sometimes I think that when I read threads like this, that somehow the powers that be start making weird things happen in my game, too. Just now, I was playing my game. I substituted an earlier version of the same Sim into the household I had already been playing. I just had to use MCCC to reset her Traits, her skills, and her relationships. Well, for some odd reason, she can't go to school for two days. I do have MCCC set to allow teens to quit school, but rather than it being up to me to have them quit, they aren't in school from CAS. :open_mouth:

Long story shorter, I got out of her household to play my other household in this save. I had the eldest teen boy take a vacation day from school. (Which is good, he hadn't yet done his homework!). I sent him to Magnolia Park in Willow Creek. Then I went into her household and sent her to the same park. They talk, and I'm able to set their relationship back. (I did have to clear his marriages before I changed lots.) They both enjoy singing and while she waited for him to relieve himself in the public facility, she sat on the bench (in the rain) and is singing. Very nicely, I might add. Suddenly, one of her brothers walks up and is watching her. Only I can't control him because the icon says he's at home. Really? It looks, to me, like he's standing there watching his sister sing. I pan back the camera after the screen does a weird winking thing (this doesn't happen, normally) and guess who is suddenly playing a game of chess by herself? She must have transported herself there. (That might account for the winking screen, but maybe not.)

If you guessed her mother, you would be right. Only, her icon suggests, she too, is at home. :open_mouth: And, her icon makes her appear to be sleeping. Out-of-body experience? She's there, but not really?

I've had glitches show up in my game after reading about others having glitches. And now, it seems other weirdness is going on. Makes me wonder if somebody is playing around with things behind the scenes and is able to effect our individual games. Nah, that sort of stuff is impossible … right? :*
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Sometimes I think that when I read threads like this, that somehow the powers that be start making weird things happen in my game, too.

Weird things are continuing to happen... and it's funny, but I hadn't had any of the "teleporting" issues I've been reading about, and now, suddenly, yep, my sims are just bouncing all over their homes. First they are here, then they are there, and I've had countless times when my game tells me the toddlers or babies are at daycare when I'm right there interacting with them. Earlier in one family the game told me Cullen was at work, so I was a bit surprised to find him standing upstairs -- in a somewhat catatonic state.

I don't usually have little glitches like this, and I definitely don't have alien abductions or children being whisked away when I'm not even playing their family. It's definitely been weird, and I really hope things smooth out soon. So sorry to hear that you're having a bit of weirdness happening too. At the same time, it's somewhat comforting to know it's not just me and my game. :)

Okay, this is totally wonky. In a previous post in this discussion, I raved about having a hassle-free outing to a restaurant with a Sim couple, and how it was the first time that had happened. Last night I took another couple from an older save out to dinner and it was a total disaster. All the old bugs and glitches came back to haunt me. Why? The couple last night is from a save that is about 3 months old, and I haven't played them very often since the latest patch. The successful outing was with a couple from my newest save which is about a month old. I am confused. The older save is in StrangerVille with the mystery solved. The new save is in Brindleton Bay, the husband is at the Conspiracy Squelcher rank in the military career and is working on solving the mystery. But in the save in StrangerVille my Sims are vloggers, having made a fortune streaming about their quest to solve the mystery.

In both saves, Newcrest is filled with restaurants, nightclubs, a wine bar, a vet clinic, an upscale gym, a spa....every lot has someplace where my Sims can go to have fun. I used the same venues in both saves with no changes made to the venues. Both Newcrests are identical except for changing where certain venues are placed.

I backed out of the game as soon as I got my Sims back to their home lot, without saving anything. I deleted the caches and repaired my game. Then I tried it again and had the same results. Same restaurant but with totally different outcomes in two different saves. In my new save everything went great. With the older save the outing was awful. The second time I went to the same restaurant, I checked to see if the staff was the same as when I had the hassle-free outing. I was a bit surprised to see at least three NPCs that were the same. The waiter, the chef and the host were the same NPCs doing the same jobs.

Yeah, something is definitely wrong. And it is getting more weird every time I play. Older bugs and glitches have returned, ones that were fixed with the recent patch aren't fixed in older saves. I have gone through all my mods for the third time, and there are no conflicts. I also took the extra time to make sure all my mods are up to date. I have CC that I have removed and placed in a folder on my desktop in the hope I will be able to use it all again in the future. Tonight I will be playing off-line just to see if that makes any difference. Some of these issues did start after Origin was down a week or so ago. Some began after the patch. Earlier today I played my test save after pulling my mods folder and the same issues were there. Every single one of them.

I had another glitch this morning. I have a young sim just starting in the medical career, and for once -- when I played last week -- I really enjoyed going to work with her. She was able to accomplish all she needed to do that day. It was fun. So, I was eager to go to work with her again, but when I played her household this morning, she left for work without any notification coming up for me to join. I thought maybe it was because I was controlling her husband at the time, so I waited eagerly for the next morning's shift. The message that it was time for her to go to work came up, but as before, no option to "join" or "send alone". I closed my game, went to Origin, and did a repair. I'm hoping that might fix a few of these weird little glitches, but honestly, I'm not too optimistic.

Sorry that you're having a bit of a glitch too. It's really frustrating when dinners don't go as planned!
    What's puzzling is the fact my game was performing beautifully until a few days ago. I had a few CC decorative items I had to move out of my mods folder because of missing footprints, but the bugs had been tamed. I was even able to delete a couple of mods after the latest patch because of the bug fixes in that patch. Now it seems as if the EA fixes are broken again. I have no idea how that could have happened because there has been no update or patch released in the last week. If that had happened, I could understand why things are so crazy again.

On a side note, I have had two Windows updates and three Dell updates in the last four days. Confusing, right? Sims4 is currently being played on my Dell gaming laptop as I am waiting for a new 24 inch monitor for my gaming desktop to be delivered. One of my kitties thought she was being cute playing hide and seek with me while sitting behind my other monitor and knocked it off my desk. Bye bye, monitor. But I play a few other games on my laptop so it has been updated on a regular basis. It isn't as if it has been sitting idle. The Dell updates are all BIOS updates. The ones for Windows have been all over the map, updating just about everything pertaining to the OS. Rolling back to a previous update is not a good idea seeing as so many changes were made, so I am stuck trying to figure out how those updates might have affected my Sims4 game. I don't think that is possible. But it seems like a very odd coincidence.

Sooo, I will search my trash bin for those deleted mods. If the game returns to normal after they are installed again, I will have my answer. I have not added any new CC or mods to the game in almost two weeks so I know this is unrelated to CC or mods. I have also played my vanilla test save after pulling out my mods folder. The problems were the same as in my modded game saves.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member

My sims aren't even trying to get abducted! They're not doing anything... just getting snatched up anytime and anywhere. It's so weird. I've had two males and one female abducted. I don't know yet if any pregnancies will result. For one family I can work the appearance of a baby into their storyline, but the others... well, it if happens, I'll have to figure something out. :( I wish I could give you my abductions.

For unwanted abductions, cruel as it sounds, age the babe up to a toddler then just delete them in manage households.
    caitytrina.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    The only thing I have really noticed lately is the teleporting glitch. One minute my sim will be one place, and then all of a sudden they have teleported to the next place.
    edited May 2019
    EDITED because I completely messed up the quoting. LOL

In reply to CaityTrina:

The first fellow abducted did return pregnant. I aged the baby up to a child, actually, as I can fit her into the storyline. She's about the same age as one of the daughters in the family. I have a few plans for her down the road.

I don't think females ever return pregnant from abductions, so that leaves me with one other man -- no baby appearing yet, and I've played through several sim days. If a baby does show up, I'll either return it to the home planet or I'm thinking of creating a separate colony of aliens. I do have one townie who I know to be an alien. I might add any others to her household, sort of like an orphanage. It's silly, I know, but once I have a baby in the game, I hate to delete it.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I haven't had any. Unless my sim in in the science career. :(
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1