Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Active Carrers, Rabbit Hole, Work from Home, Freelancer carrers. What do you want in the game?

2...Next

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I like all the career options we have in game and would love more of all types, but I would really like a "part time" job option for all working ages (teen and up). I'd love a volunteer option for my elderly (and honestly, any age) that is similar to a City Living careers, and I'd love an actual self-employed options, cause I don't like the way it is now.

In truth, I'm not a huge career player. My sims are more often "self employed" creative/artist types, but I find the most use out of the city living style careers. But, it does depend on the sim I'm playing on what career they have and I feel we need some new rabbit holes cause I'm really bored with what we have.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Rabbit hole careers
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I like all the career options we have in game and would love more of all types, but I would really like a "part time" job option for all working ages (teen and up). I'd love a volunteer option for my elderly (and honestly, any age) that is similar to a City Living careers, and I'd love an actual self-employed options, cause I don't like the way it is now.

In truth, I'm not a huge career player. My sims are more often "self employed" creative/artist types, but I find the most use out of the city living style careers. But, it does depend on the sim I'm playing on what career they have and I feel we need some new rabbit holes cause I'm really bored with what we have.

I've wanted a 'volunteer career' for my elders for a long time. In terms of realism, most of the seniors I know put in a lot of time with volunteer and political organisations.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited May 2019
    Active Carrers GTW style (follow sims to work; have a set of goals; has the possibility of not following sims, but to get promotions effectively it's better to follow)
    I picked Active Careers....
    I have to admit, I love the active careers. I love following them to work and helping sims get through their work day. And if you don’t want to follow them you don’t have to. I think those who put GTW together did a great job. That pack kept me busy for a long while, and once again I am having new people join the careers. I do wish that Sims didn't’ have to be a scientist to use the chemistry set though. And I think it would be nice if the work places showed up on the map (like the lab in strangerville does). It would also be nice it they could actually let you create your own work place if you wanted to as long as you met lot requirements for it. But, I think they did a fantastic job on the 3 GTW work places. And they did a pretty good job on the Acting career too. It would be nice to add a 3rd stay at home work option to the active careers so that I could have Mom’s stay at home while raising their children and still get paid. But, I just don’t think they count have done a better job on the work places and careers in GTW..... I wish all careers had this option. CL careers are ok, but I would have really enjoyed sending my Politician to a work place like GTW’s. I have made a work place for my business career people and my guru techs that they can visit, and plan to add one for my spy (May add one for my politician), but because their careers take up so much rabbit hole time, I don’t take them there often. I have an arts center will a full kitchen that my cooks can go to, and I downloaded someones military base and changed it around and added to it so my military people can go there on off time or work from home time. I would also like to see more freelance careers added, another great option for stay at home parents..... that is another option they could add to active careers. The only thing I really like about the rabbit hole careers are the career items, I love the career items. I wish freelancers and CL style careers got career items. I do also have one sim that, just does multiple things from home( gardening, painting, etc.) I also hope they add a lot more freelance careers, like archeology, plumber, electrician, ( they could go to others houses, or community lots and fix or upgrade things ), even a makeup person (from the acting career). I would love to see them add other skill based freelance options for DJ’s, Dancers, lifeguard, basketball coach, school track trainer,yoga instructor, etc. My gardening sims has a large indoor garden, how about a freelance career for her? Maybe writing gardening books, adding plants to parks and things like that. Please include freelance skill items. I hope that freelancers are added for other expansions and game packs we have. That also might encourage some to pick up those packs, and will give renewability to the packs we already have.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Carrers style CL (have both the possibility of rabbit hole work or work from home; set of goals are doable at home or visiting places)
    I'd be both for Freelancer-style careers (maybe they could add a few jobs that require the sim to zone away for a while as the painter has) and Gardener-style where they can choose. I'd like a repair service career this way, similar to TS3 skill opportunities but in freelancer style: most of the jobs would probably be in the way you'd get the item to repair/upgrade in house inventory and then just click "send back to client" when the repair/upgrade was done but there might also be inactive jobs which would phase the sim out for a few hours (like the "repair voting machines at the town hall" TS3 opportunity, for example).
    As a control freak, GTW-style careers are not for me as it means abandoning the rest of my household to whatever nonsense would the AI make them do.
    Full rabbit hole careers are something I can get via mods if I want more diversity so that's not an issue for me.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Active Carrers GTW style (follow sims to work; have a set of goals; has the possibility of not following sims, but to get promotions effectively it's better to follow)
    It's great that not all careers are the same, and I'd like to see more of each type in the future (and possibly even new ones?), but voted active careers because they are the fewest so far, despite having been introduced in 2015 already (or whenever GTW came out). Also, options are always great - do I accompany this sim to work and actively help them get closer to a promotion, or do I send them off alone so I have one less sim to take care of while I focus on other things for a few hours? I like that better than, say, the retail store / vet clinic model where you have to accompany your sims if you want them to earn any money.
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    Rabbit hole careers
    More careers would be great. Voted for rabbit hole, but like freelance and active careers as well. Would like the option to choose have sim (by name) take photos of group of adults or whatever when clicking on photo studio. Eg. My active sims can't visit studio and get a portrait of themselves taken. I can accomplish this, but it's way too complicated.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Unemployed /live from hobbies
    I voted unemployed, though I'd rather call it selfemployed. Gives me the most controll over my sims' time management, they gain skill, fame and relationships during their "working hours", and the earnings from selling homemade stuff are considerable.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I actually want a mixture of the careers from CL and the ones from GTW. Like, you can work from home, but if you choose to go to work you can also follow them.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Carrers style CL (have both the possibility of rabbit hole work or work from home; set of goals are doable at home or visiting places)
    I like all the options we currently have and would like more of all.

I would like vet and business owner to be actual careers with tasks and promotions etc not just skills. Then my vet won't show up as unemployed.

I would love some supernatural careers like my alien have a job on sixam or freelancing researching sims for those on sixam etc

I would like the option of the regular careers to be part-time so a couple could share the work after children.

Most of all I would like it if I could do the in game jobs as live instead of rabbit hole e.g. barista, mixologist, entertainer and caterer.

I like the option of choosing follow or not and would hate to lose that.