Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Game Pack Should I Get? {CLOSED}

nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
I've been wanting a new Game Pack for a while, the only one I currently have is Vampires. I"m debating between all of them except for Strangerville and Outdoor Retreat at the moment. So, which one is the best in your opinion?

My selection will be June 1st, 2019, so please don't vote after then.
Parenthood will have to be 75% or higher for me to get it because I don't play with families very often.

Dine Out has been chosen.
funny-gifs20.gif

Post edited by nerdfashion on

Which Game Pack Should I Get? {CLOSED} 76 votes

Jungle Adventure
15%
GoldmoldarjeepjeepcatPlayerSinger2010JennyggblueyblueskyDoloresGreycomicsforlifethatsnotswegAirakalelazyjuniperDrakosqueenvortex808 12 votes
Parenthood
52%
Bluefairy286AnmirlaMariefoxprice83MagdaleenaJestTruluthienrisingVageniuszagboorulesKaeChan2089Briel24taydevannaliese39mariajane216tnb494SummerStreakSigzy05ChadSims2AinegabrielleDestin2016 40 votes
Dine Out
19%
Frn0731icmnfrshKamarca2keekee53elanorbretonNetzspannungrjssimRedShoe7Evilyn_1007ladynightRuevera0882kr823DaepheneIVXXXVICaleSims 15 votes
Spa Day
6%
tonymcanallytexxx78shnailehkaspertellySimChi 5 votes
Other (Explain [Outdoor Retreat or Strangerville])
3%
Dannydanbostilljustme2alyssad9918 3 votes
None (Explain)
1%
Bagoas77 1 vote

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited May 2019
    Strangerville has a mystery to solve (or you can ignore it) and some great build/buy stuff. The world is really unique and pretty.
  • ladynightladynight Posts: 35 Member
    Dine Out
    With dine out you can take your sims to restaurants and also open your own. I always like building restaurants and customizing the menu. It’s pretty fun and I use them often.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    I choose JA but rethought that as I should have selected Parenthood as there are more options with children. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It depends on the type of player you are. If you like to play with families then Parenthood is essential -- it adds a lot more items and interactions for parents and their offspring, and the teen mood swings really add a lot to that age group.

OR and JA really go well together -- more outdoor type clothing plus tents to make your stay a little cheaper. Just delete one of the premade lots (I usually delete the one with the lodge that sleeps 8 because I'm never going to send that many Sims) and set it up as sort of a "trail camp) with a tent, one of the pee bushes from GT and the outdoor shower and sink from OR plus a picnic table and you're pretty much set.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Wow. I'm actually pretty surprised at the number of people who enjoy Parenthood. I'm not usually a family player, but I am considering it because maybe if there're more things to do with kids I'll become one? Still leaning towards Dine Out at the moment.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2019
    Parenthood
    Parenthood is my favourite GP after Vampires. Now I have it I couldn't play without it. It just adds so much gameplay for all ages and I also love the CAS and build objects. I'm a family player though. My second choice from your list would probably be Spa Day since I find it so relaxing watching my sims relax. Dine Out is a close third. I'm not interested in running my own restaurant, but I do enjoy taking my sims out to eat, particularly on dates. If that's the one you like the look of best, then I say go for it! :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    all the packs they are all worth adding to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Dine Out
    Parenthood is obviously a must for family players and I am also a big fan of Spa Day, but I use Dine Out the most. My Sims almost always go to restaurants for dates. I don't run restaurant often myself, but I just recently built one and was so happy that I had no problem getting 'Healthy Choices' up to 5 stars. I was afraid that celebrities would ruin it, but that didn't happen. I trained up all the staff and now my Sims can go to a restaurant and enjoy excellent quality food. It is actually a nice break from regular gameplay to run a restaurant once in a while.
    mG3HzAi.jpg

I think Dine Out would be the pack I would miss most if I had to give one of them up.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    Wow! @Netzspannung is that place on the gallery? Dine Out is what I'm getting (at this point, I'm waiting until Saturday to decide) and it's beautiful.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited May 2019
    Dine Out
    @nerdfashion Thank you so much! No, it is currently not on the gallery. I just added the pictures to show that is does not take much to make a restaurant. It built it specifically for the 20x20 lot in Magnolia Promenade and I didn't think it would be very useful to others. I could upload it though.

Edit: Actually I just realized it uses items from the other GPs you don't have yet. It's only 1-2 items from Parenthood and Spa Day in the break room and bathrooms, but without the plants from Jungle Adventure it's not going to look very nice. But there are already many great restaurants on the gallery, so I am sure you'll find something much better after you get the pack! :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    Wow, I'm surprised at how many people enjoy Jungle Adventure. I was under the impression it was a pack that people didn't enjoy all that much. But I think I'm actually going to wait until Jun 1st to decide because that's when school gets out for me and it'll be like a graduation of _________ gift. To myself, with my own money. lmao.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Parenthood
    Dine Out is great too!!
    Apparently a little buggy, though. I mostly use it for bringing my own sims to restaurants, I don't really run them, and for that purpose, I think it's fine.

Parenthood is just a really well made pack. Great for family players, but the build/buy and CAS stuff is great as well!

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited May 2019
    Parenthood
    To me, Vampires and Parenthood are the best made packs in this series (including EPs).
    TS2 is the only other iteration that I have family play with family interactions only really being to keep them in platinum status to give them the best atmosphere for building skills. TS4 actually got me into real family play. I love how they changed the skilling for toddlers and children. Family interactions actually contribute to skilling - it more realistic and aligns more with how I'm used to playing.

Dine Out is good (when it works - it's hit and miss).

Jungle Adventure is my third favorite GP and is a great pack for the game play. The only problem is - how often will you use it? For me, it's a save specific pack. I have a save that is specifically an Archaeologist. I'm holding off on playing her again because I want some more bugs to be worked out.

The problem with Strangerville is that once you solve the mystery a few times, it's the same 'ole same 'ole. You're going down the same linear path again and again. The world is beautiful and it has some great CAS and build/buy items, but other than the Military career and the martial arts dummy, there's nothing to carry over into other worlds. Definitely wait for a sale if you decide to get that one - it's not worth full price.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Wow, I'm surprised at how many people enjoy Jungle Adventure. I was under the impression it was a pack that people didn't enjoy all that much. But I think I'm actually going to wait until Jun 1st to decide because that's when school gets out for me and it'll be like a graduation of _________ gift. To myself, with my own money. lmao.

I think with the new freelance careers I'll get a lot more use out of JA (and OR for that matter). I can send Sims for an extended vacation and do a couple of freelance gigs a day to pay for their travels.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Alright, so, I know this'll probably make people mad, but since I don't play with families very often then I won't get Parenthood unless it's a 75% or higher. Sorry, but it's just my play style. I put it on there because it does actually sound fun.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Alright, so, I know this'll probably make people mad, but since I don't play with families very often then I won't get Parenthood unless it's a 75% or higher. Sorry, but it's just my play style. I put it on there because it does actually sound fun.

Don't apologize for how you play. It's your game. Just enjoy playing how ever it is that you play.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Parenthood

Y'know what, that's completely valid. Family play isn't a requirement to being a Sims player.

Honestly, I just voted before I read the rest of the thread. I change my vote to Dine Out or Jungle Adventure. Both are enjoyable.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2019
    Parenthood

I'd say get Dine Out or Jungle Adventure for now, but don't write off Parenthood for good. I'm actually not a family player, but Parenthood filled in the younger life stages enough that it wasn't excruciatingly boring for my sims to have children anymore. If you see it on sale later, definitely get it, if just to make toddlers, children, and teens tolerable.
    As of now, I think I might get Dine Out. Based on the comments, it'll fit my playstyle the most (storytelling. My favorite is road to fame), and if you're wondering why it isn't Strangerville it's because it's scripted.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I would say Dine Out I don't like what Parenthood adds. Jungle Adventure is fun but it doesn't seem kid friendly and Spa Day is ok for the yoga stuff.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Dine Out is great for food options and date nights, running the restaurant is okay. Jungle Adventure is great as a vacation and finding collector items and so on--since the temples change it up each time you visit it'd be great for a self-employed career. Outdoor Retreat pairs well with JA but it's more so for a friend/family camp out vibe. Spa Day is nice to have but I don't use it as often, honestly. Strangerville the mystery was really fun to solve, the build/buy is great, and the world is really pretty! I placed some of Maxis's premade uploads from The Sims 2 there that were originally from Strangetown. Parenthood does add a lot for children and teens, it makes playing with them more fun.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Parenthood
    well, MY fave is parenthood, so that's what I voted for, but if your previous purchase of Vampires is an indication of liking some magic and excitement, I maybe suggest considering Jungle Adventure. Parenthood has added the most to my everyday play, cause I play families a lot, but JA has been fun too for the, well, adventure aspect. Spa and Dine Out are great, but personally I don't feel like they add quite as much compared to those two in my game. They're nice to have, but I don't think I'd miss them too much if I didn't have them, y'know?
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Parenthood
    I said Parenthood, but Dine out is gorgeous too, but suuuuper buggy. Spa day has lovely BB and CAS items, and Dine out does too, and so does Parenthood for that matter. They're all awesome, but I find of them all, Spa day is the most stable, even if it barely gets actual gameplay use, except for the BB and CAS items, while I use parenthood a lot. I'd use Dine Out more if it wsan't so glitched out.
    Well, @munroele, I have a surprisingly good computer, so at this point, I shall get dine out, no matter the bugs!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Parenthood
    Well, @munroele, I have a surprisingly good computer, so at this point, I shall get dine out, no matter the bugs!

No matter how good your computer everyone reports bugs, it's one of the notorious packs for being buggy to the point you can't use it. Simple things from waiters not delivering food, to things like getting the wrong meal, things taking HOURS to be delivered... the list goes on. As good as Dine Out is when it works, majority of the time, it doesn't.