Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    OK, may as well check in. I had been making a lot of progress and then got rather stuck not being able to put any of it to bed. Thank you, Addy, for helping unstick me. ;) Everything is done, done, done. Except pictures.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Here is my check in Addy, I have a box full of mystery's to check out an ready to go!
    Mystery_Box.png
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited May 2019
    Went back in game to make some minor changes that routes the sims just the way I want it. No more uninvited guests enjoying the luxurious property. ;)

Also putting my best images into the UIC for the exchange uploads.

I may start making a few additional things a little bit later. For now, I'm stuck without my computer and TS3. :'( Can't access my room for 2 hours waiting for the seal to dry on our wood floors.
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    May 14th Check In
    This is the FINAL one before Gifting Time!

Alpha
    Bubbz
    Dino
    GranMamaD
    LMC
    Mystik
    Prissy

If I accidentally overlooked anybody, be sure to let me know. Thanks!

This is me doing a final check in.
    Two gifts done (they kind of go together) and a third one on the way - but my game keeps crashing at the moment! Lots of small saves...
    Lots more ideas, but the machine needs to co-operate :s
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Sorry your game keeps crashing @SamelaRita. Tips that may help: Unplug from the internet. Turn off all unnecessary programs. Delete the Sims3log file (unless you trying to get badges). Move out the videos and screenshots folders. You can move out the downloads and exports folders too. Delete any .tmp files in the dccache folder. You can move out anything in dcbackup but ccmerged (but you'll need the files for any cc to stay attached in uploads later and that MIGHT include some limited edition items like the ice lounge). You can delete all thumbnails (as they are package files that will regenerate; but that does mean initial loads might be white as everything is rebuilt, so I'm not so sure that is really effective.) Did you create a .txt file called FeaturedItems and delete that folder, then delete the .txt extention off the end of the file? (That keeps out all the store ads and pictures.) Have you turned off things like random pets, occult, and weather as well as memories?

I'm sure you've probably done everything you can to pare your saves down too. I move old saves to a different folder and delete all but the two latest saves of my active game.

So, basically, I'm saying ensure you have no interruptions of other software and hardware trying to update while you are playing, like go into gaming mode if you have that option. And, then, make sure your save file will be as small as possible. Avoid collecting and opportunities as much as possible and keep those backpacks cleaned up.

Good luck!
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    ... I also set part of my gift on fire. Its all part of the process ;)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    @ADWilson Checking in! I'm in the prepping/packing and the being overexcited about seeing everything stage (such a long long stage). I just have my lawyers to consult for the ten page indemnity waiver my buddy needs to sign for emotional trauma caused by my gifting o:)

P.S Buddy I did eventually set your gift on fire, you're welcome :kissing_heart:

@AlphaFen Can't wait to see what you created! I am certain what you made is super awesome and exciting!

I have seen some pretty outrageous stuff on YouTube that other Simmers created!

i thought it got set on fire. yes i know fen was kidding.
    I set at least two of my gifts on fire, one went up in flames probably three times. No joke. :flushed:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Hm, I guess my tendency to upgrade my stoves right away keeps me from experiencing that drama most of the time. You all have so much fun!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    OK, may as well check in. I had been making a lot of progress and then got rather stuck not being able to put any of it to bed. Thank you, Addy, for helping unstick me. ;) Everything is done, done, done. Except pictures.

Might as well ... especially since I saw STUFF and have a pretty good idea what's been going on over on your end.
    You are very welcome! Happy to have been able to help :)
    Oh, @AlphaFen and @DinoJr ... I think @60smusicluvr gets the prize for having things too hot to handle, lol
    On a slightly more serious note, my goodness! I had no idea these gifts needed warning labels.
    ** makes note to contact lawyers regarding fire insurance and property damage **
    Hopefully your game cooperates @SamelaRita ** fingers crossed **
    As always, @ciane shared some helpful things to consider doing.
    ciane wrote: »
    Hm, I guess my tendency to upgrade my stoves right away keeps me from experiencing that drama most of the time. You all have so much fun!

I'm in the same camp as you. The first sim to touch a stove is usually upgrading it. Either that or I'm using a stove that doesn't catch fire. Pretty sure some of the Store stoves can't because making them fireproof isn't an option and I never have fires with them.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »
    ciane wrote: »

I'm in the same camp as you. The first sim to touch a stove is usually upgrading it. Either that or I'm using a stove that doesn't catch fire. Pretty sure some of the Store stoves can't because making them fireproof isn't an option and I never have fires with them.

I noticed that with the University fireplace, too!

Oh, @AlphaFen and @DinoJr ... I think @60smusicluvr gets the prize for having things too hot to handle, lol
    On a slightly more serious note, my goodness! I had no idea these gifts needed warning labels.
    ** makes note to contact lawyers regarding fire insurance and property damage **

I seriously thought the stove my sim was using was broken, but it's probably because my sim used it again, twice, right after the first time, maybe?

On another note, don't you hate when the sim fire department charges you for taking care of the fire too fast? :angry:

I seriously thought the stove my sim was using was broken, but it's probably because my sim used it again, twice, right after the first time, maybe?

Having not been daring enough to do it again after causing a fire, I have no idea.
    On another note, don't you hate when the sim fire department charges you for taking care of the fire too fast? :angry:

I once had the firefighter arrive after my sim had put out the fire and fussed at them for the false alarm. I can't recall if any charges were incurred.
    @ADWilson, the sim I was play testing with is brave, so he handled it alright. :p I think the fireman fined him.
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @60smusicluvr Was it the fireman fining you or was it just your insurance premiums going up? :/ Not that I'm saying you're irresponsible but I only set fire to my build twice and only one of those times was on purpose o:)
    Hopefully, there is a record of the fire thorough inspection and will be shared along with the other appropriate paperwork (aka presentation) that comes with the changing of ownership (aka gifting time!).

Well if @ciane is kindly showing us her WIP building Do's I might as well contribute my sims WIP building Don'ts..... for educational purposes.....obviously....not pending insurance liability claims..... :|
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    Well if @ciane is kindly showing us her WIP building Do's I might as well contribute my sims WIP building Don'ts..... for educational purposes.....obviously....not pending insurance liability claims..... :|

This sounds fun. :D
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I noticed that with the University fireplace, too!

Good to know.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Have a lovely Mother's Day Mom's! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    I haven't had any fires in my gifts, but I did have zombies partaking in the activities on a community lot that I happened to be at testing when the full moon rose. I took it as a good sign that the zombies would rather make use of the fun things available than attack my testers. :D
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    As I sit in my lonely, little apartment - wishing my mom was still with me - I am, through teary eyes, actually working on my buddy's presentation! Yeaaaaah, it's kind of hard to do, cos I have to keep wiping my eyes. :D I think my buddy is going to LOVE what I did. It's colorful, bright, cheery..... and for some, will make your allergies go bonkers. :D:D (hayfever, all the sneezing, etc.) {{ i'm so baaaaad >:):DB) }}

I can only reveal ONE THING to you, buddy .... grass. LOTS of grass. lol
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    As I sit in my lonely, little apartment - wishing my mom was still with me - I am, through teary eyes, actually working on my buddy's presentation! Yeaaaaah, it's kind of hard to do, cos I have to keep wiping my eyes. :D I think my buddy is going to LOVE what I did. It's colorful, bright, cheery..... and for some, will make your allergies go bonkers. :D:D (hayfever, all the sneezing, etc.) {{ i'm so baaaaad >:):DB) }}

i know how you feel. well kind of . i recently came across a hand written note from dad. hugs.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

i know how you feel. well kind of . i recently came across a hand written note from dad. hugs.

Awwwww Ali. :( I'm so sorry {{ hugs }}
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top