Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think we'll get an announcement?

Comments

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    When do they announce or tease packs? (the day)
    Is there even a certain day where trailers come out?

I can totally see a trailer comming arround the last 2 weeks of may. 20-31may
    then EA promo + second trailer at E3.
    A month after the trailer= the Expansion with the 64 bit update.

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

You mean EA Play. EA isnt going to be at E3.

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

Didn't they say there would be no new content at EA Play but Lyndsay and Duke would be there. It was after Lyndsay talked about the free tickets for EA Play during the Maxis Monthly yesterday - almost at the end.

The game changers have been invited so it must be unless its embargoed.

Game changers, Influencers, and what they called them before this name - have always attended the shows in June and August and they did not always give us new things or trailers. I saw indications they were doing interviews and Q & A's - and sharing ideas and such - but Lyndsay sure sounded to me like they were revealing but maybe bits and pieces. Like that Black door apparently indicating we were getting more swatches. From what I could see - unless it's a gotcha moment and they are just teasing us - which I really have not seen Lyndsay hardly ever do in all these years - I have a real feeling it was the truth. Maybe they had plans that got shifted with the removal of 32 bit - maybe they are reworking something with the 64 bit - or maybe it is because they didn't want to further the pain of the 32 bit players being left out until they can deliver the Legacy game. Maybe they will deliver that and then by the Gamescom in August we get some news or something new to see. That is if they go to Gamescome. I haven't seen an announcement on that yet this year.

ETA -I am not trying to be a downer - and believe me I want new packs just as much as anybody - I could use it more than anyone knows - but I also have to be a realists. I also listen to every word they say or try to - especially when it is Lyndsay.

I get what you’re saying, that’s what she seemed to say to me as well. But 3 packs in 6 months including April must mean something soon, so I still think it’s a bit of ruse and a pack will come out afterwards.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

Didn't they say there would be no new content at EA Play but Lyndsay and Duke would be there. It was after Lyndsay talked about the free tickets for EA Play during the Maxis Monthly yesterday - almost at the end.

Game changers, Influencers, and what they called them before this name - have always attended the shows in June and August and they did not always give us new things or trailers. I saw indications they were doing interviews and Q & A's - and sharing ideas and such - but Lyndsay sure sounded to me like they were revealing but maybe bits and pieces. Like that Black door apparently indicating we were getting more swatches. From what I could see - unless it's a gotcha moment and they are just teasing us - which I really have not seen Lyndsay hardly ever do in all these years - I have a real feeling it was the truth. Maybe they had plans that got shifted with the removal of 32 bit - maybe they are reworking something with the 64 bit - or maybe it is because they didn't want to further the pain of the 32 bit players being left out until they can deliver the Legacy game. Maybe they will deliver that and then by the Gamescom in August we get some news or something new to see. That is if they go to Gamescome. I haven't seen an announcement on that yet this year.

ETA -I am not trying to be a downer - and believe me I want new packs just as much as anybody - I could use it more than anyone knows - but I also have to be a realists. I also listen to every word they say or try to - especially when it is Lyndsay.

::Dies of disappointment:: I was so hoping for a new EP in June. There did seem to be a lot of fairly reliable indications of a new EP in June, so you might be correct that it's been delayed for some reason. I'd rather they delay than push it out with bugs or missing content. That said, the money people tend to stick to deadlines no matter what the people delivering the content tell them. (And it's not just EA - anyone who has worked for a large corporation has experienced this.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

::Dies of disappointment:: I was so hoping for a new EP in June. There did seem to be a lot of fairly reliable indications of a new EP in June, so you might be correct that it's been delayed for some reason. I'd rather they delay than push it out with bugs or missing content. That said, the money people tend to stick to deadlines no matter what the people delivering the content tell them. (And it's not just EA - anyone who has worked for a large corporation has experienced this.)

I still think its coming in June.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

I get what you’re saying, that’s what she seemed to say to me as well. But 3 packs in 6 months including April must mean something soon, so I still think it’s a bit of ruse and a pack will come out afterwards.

It'd be a nice surprise anyway - but on the other side with the indications, if it doesn't happen I wouldn't feel too let down. Sort of a personal balance I guess.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited May 2019
    June is going to be a very busy time for the teams. The Legacy Edition of Sims4 will be released for those Simmers running 32-bit systems. We're hoping we see another expansion pack; one that is meant to be played on a 64-bit OS, without the limitations EA placed on Sims4 by trying to cater to older systems. What will that mean in the future? A fully optimized game is my hope. This 32-bit vs 64-bit controversy has been with Sims4 since it was released. It has limited what can be safely implemented in the game from the very beginning. But while EA and the teams have been slowly moving Sims4 into the realm of 64-bit operating systems, they have done their best to make sure everyone is able to play. That simply is not possible any longer. In order for Sims4 to continue to grow and wow us with new features and gameplay, it has to be able to use more than 4GB of RAM.

All support for 32-bit systems is at an end, the Legacy Edition of Sims4 is set for release in June, along with an update of some kind, we are sitting here waiting for a new expansion, then throw in EA Play on June 8th and 9th, and you can see how stressed the various teams must be feeling right now. Is there an expansion coming in June? I hope so. Were the Game Changers invited to EA Play only to watch Sims4 perform on a 64-bit optimized system? The more I investigate, the more I am inclined to believe this might be true. But I am still holding on to the hope we see an expansion in June. If they don't release an expansion in June their pre-holiday release of an expansion in November will probably be pushed into January 2020, and I can't see EA passing up the chance to snag their share of holiday sales. In April, SimGuruGraham stated we can expect an expansion, a game pack and a stuff pack within the next six months. And we all know SimGuruGraham says nothing about anything until it is written in stone. He is an artist when it comes to keeping a secret. That six month timeline places us in October. I highly doubt EA would release an expansion in August or September then release another one in November. Logically, but logic is not EA's strong suit, the time to release the next expansion would be in June.

In the May Maxis Monthly with SimGurus Lyndsay and Duke, they talked about being at EA Play and meeting with the fans. She also said they would be sharing a few surprises with the attendees of the event. I watched that vod three times, and perhaps I missed it, but I did not hear her say they would not be making an announcement of any kind at EA Play. Last year there was no need to make an announcement about Seasons because that expansion was announced before the event after news about it was leaked. The only statement she made about announcing upcoming content was that there would be no announcements made during the live stream.

It is all very confusing, is all I can say at this point. Nothing has been said about the release of an expansion in June. Nothing has been said there won't be an expansion in June, either. All we can do is check in with our various sources for news every few days, and hope for the best.

• suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    June is going to be a very busy time for the teams. The Legacy Edition of Sims4 will be released for those Simmers running 32-bit systems. We're hoping we see another expansion pack; one that is meant to be played on a 64-bit OS, without the limitations EA placed on Sims4 by trying to cater to older systems. What will that mean in the future? A fully optimized game is my hope. This 32-bit vs 64-bit controversy has been with Sims4 since it was released. It has limited what can be safely implemented in the game from the very beginning. But while EA and the teams have been slowly moving Sims4 into the realm of 64-bit operating systems, they have done their best to make sure everyone is able to play. That simply is not possible any longer. In order for Sims4 to continue to grow and wow us with new features and gameplay, it has to be able to use more than 4GB of RAM.

All support for 32-bit systems is at an end, the Legacy Edition of Sims4 is set for release in June, along with an update of some kind, we are sitting here waiting for a new expansion, then throw in EA Play on June 8th and 9th, and you can see how stressed the various teams must be feeling right now. Is there an expansion coming in June? I hope so. Were the Game Changers invited to EA Play only to watch Sims4 perform on a 64-bit optimized system? The more I investigate, the more I am inclined to believe this might be true. But I am still holding on to the hope we see an expansion in June. If they don't release an expansion in June their pre-holiday release of an expansion in November will probably be pushed into January 2020, and I can't see EA passing up the chance to snag their share of holiday sales. In April, SimGuruGraham stated we can expect an expansion, a game pack and a stuff pack within the next six months. And we all know SimGuruGraham says nothing about anything until it is written in stone. He is an artist when it comes to keeping a secret. That six month timeline places us in October. I highly doubt EA would release an expansion in August or September then release another one in November. Logically, but logic is not EA's strong suit, the time to release the next expansion would be in June.

In the May Maxis Monthly with SimGurus Lyndsay and Duke, they talked about being at EA Play and meeting with the fans. She also said they would be sharing a few surprises with the attendees of the event. I watched that vod three times, and perhaps I missed it, but I did not hear her say they would not be making an announcement of any kind at EA Play. Last year there was no need to make an announcement about Seasons because that expansion was announced before the event after news about it was leaked. The only statement she made about announcing upcoming content was that there would be no announcements made during the live stream.

It is all very confusing, is all I can say at this point. Nothing has been said about the release of an expansion in June. Nothing has been said there won't be an expansion in June, either. All we can do is check in with our various sources for news every few days, and hope for the best.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 Well spoken.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Maybe we'll see something at the begining of the week.
    Lu4ERme.gif

Like next week?
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019
    The mobile team leaves The Sims Mobile and move to The Sims 4, The Firemonkeys replace them.

That means 2 things :
    - More resources for TS4 (or TS4 spin-off or TS5 project ???)
    - The Sims FreePlay will end soon or in few years

A new phase is beginning.

Yeah they‘re definitely shifting resources to work on Sims 5. That’s save to say. They’ve probably already produced a prototype and now they‘re working on improving it by having a bigger workforce. They better make Sims 5 good or else...

Sims FreePlay is gonna die anyway. I was wondering why they didn‘t abandon it years ago considering its graphics and technology that relys on Sims 3 Mobile, a game released in 2009, FreePlay must be a real cash cow.

Hopefully they‘re gonna release the trailer for University (it‘s obvious that it‘s gonna come) next Tuesday. We will know when we get a teaser on Monday. If not, the trailer will most likely drop the week after.
    a256aFi.gif
    The mobile team leaves The Sims Mobile and move to The Sims 4, The Firemonkeys replace them.

That means 2 things :

Yeah they‘re definitely shifting resources to work on Sims 5. That’s save to say. They’ve probably already produced a prototype and now they‘re working on improving it by having a bigger workforce. They better make Sims 5 good or else...

Sims FreePlay is gonna die anyway. I was wondering why they didn‘t abandon it years ago considering its graphics and technology that relys on Sims 3 Mobile, a game released in 2009, FreePlay must be a real cash cow.

Hopefully they‘re gonna release the trailer for University (it‘s obvious that it‘s gonna come) next Tuesday. We will know when we get a teaser on Monday. If not, the trailer will most likely drop the week after.

Hopefully the teaser comes out on Monday! I just wanna know what the next pack is ughhhhhh :D
    suzyl3 wrote: »

That means 2 things :

Hopefully the teaser comes out on Monday! I just wanna know what the next pack is ughhhhhh :D

That's what I'm hoping as well. Monday Teaser Tuesday Full Trailer.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Considering for an EP they do several live streams (1 a week) and EA Play is June 7-9, I also expect an announcement this week or next week at the latest, with a proposed patch date of June 18 and a release date of June 21.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Considering for an EP they do several live streams (1 a week) and EA Play is June 7-9, I also expect an announcement this week or next week at the latest, with a proposed patch date of June 18 and a release date of June 21.
    Hopefully you are spot on with this! We'll see! Fingers crossed! 🤞
  • MaddisMaddis Posts: 137 Member
    Have they ever released a Pack on Console and teased a PC/Mac Pack within the same week?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited May 2019
    The Sims Studio like to torture our mind they will wait for the last week of the month to announce something... or nothing at all :p .
    Maddis wrote: »
    Have they ever released a Pack on Console and teased a PC/Mac Pack within the same week?

Yes.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Didn't they announce seasons last year a week or 10 days before EA play? I don't remember they announce it month earlier but I hope I'm wrong on this one..pls let it be announcement this week or next
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2019
    graventhe wrote: »
    Didn't they announce seasons last year a week or 10 days before EA play? I don't remember they announce it month earlier but I hope I'm wrong on this one..pls let it be announcement this week or next

They announced Seasons on May 24, and it released June 22.

EA Play was June 9-11 last year.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I keep feeling that when they announce the Legacy Pack's release announcement - then we will get a pack announcement.

Otherwise it becomes an unfair tease for folks who are stuck with their 32 bit equipment for what ever the reason is - I know I couldn't do something like that.

I do think the only thorn in that thought would be if they needed to announce it for EA Play and the Legacy Pack was not ready yet. That is if they plan to show a new pack at EA Play. Who knows - maybe they are timing both to be ready on the same day before EA Play....

There are still some bug fixes we need to see happen -- could be they include those in the Legacy Edition then also in a pre-pack patch in June around the same time.

I think we'll get an announcement for the new pack plus the date for Legacy Edition in the next couple of weeks. I don't think they'll hold off till EA Play for the announcement -- we got the Seasons announcement before EA Play last year IIRC, then the EA Play folks got the first playable look at it. With EA Play June 7-9 that could mean a release date of about the 11th or maybe the 18th or 25th if the GC crew and other players find some game changing bugs that need to be fixed before the game goes out to the buying public.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Well it's clearly not witches because it's not a game pack, it has to be island vacation EP or university, otherwise, the community will be furious.

There is no proof that witches are coming in a game packThey could come in an expansion pack.

I don't see that happening for two reasons:
    1. Unless they add the ability to turn on/off occult states spawning in the game (like aliens and vampires) there are players who will have to miss an expansion pack which adds a lot more features.
    2. Occult fans might get upset that witches are getting an EP while Vampires only got a GP.

For those reasons I think witches and any other future occults will be in a GP.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

I think that the stress is spread out well amongst the teams. Legacy Edition is more in the technical area, like the Bug Squashing Team and such -- it's not adding any new content. Whatever pack is coming up next, that team is likely working on the fine tuning -- the world's been designed so they're building houses. The other teams are working on their own projects though some could be pulled off to help the main team if necessary (they did that with GT way back when).
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited May 2019
    Well it's clearly not witches because it's not a game pack, it has to be island vacation EP or university, otherwise, the community will be furious.

There is no proof that witches are coming in a game packThey could come in an expansion pack.

I don't see that happening for two reasons:
    1. Unless they add the ability to turn on/off occult states spawning in the game (like aliens and vampires) there are players who will have to miss an expansion pack which adds a lot more features.
    2. Occult fans might get upset that witches are getting an EP while Vampires only got a GP.

For those reasons I think witches and any other future occults will be in a GP.

Thinking the only way an occult could fit in an expansion is with an on/off switch is ridiculous. It’s not the players fault that Maxis has absolutely zero creativity when it comes to occult’s, but they absolutely could include them and keep them behind a trigger. Remember in Sims 2 how your sims never got abducted by aliens unless you performed a specific interaction at a specific time??

The problem isn’t occult’s, it’s Maxis having no idea what to do with them unless they market the hell out of them. The franchise has included occult sims in expansions for a lot longer than it hasn’t. It has nothing to do with people missing expansions or needing a way to turn something off. Those two prerequisites are quite literally the result of Maxis own poor game design for occult’s in Sims 4 and to a lesser degree Sims 3, but at least that game still got a fresh occult with every expansion.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Like next week?

Like this week yep.
    Lu4ERme.gif

Like next week?

Like this week yep.

I SWEAR IF ITS ANNOUNCED THIS WEEK AHHHHHHH SO HYPED. When would the teaser be coming out? Tomorrow?
    Does anyone know of any concrete evidence of what the next EP actually is?