Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They need to fix this

I think they need to fix the pillar/columns and foundation block thing (see first picture) to match up or make pillars/columns different hights that's not depended on the walls hight, as they don't match the hight of a house with a foundation (see second picture).
they%20need%20to%20fix%20this_zps80cd3nzn.jpg
05-08-19_10-23-56nbspPM_zpsa8cavarj.png

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Not sure if it's possible coding-wise, but columns with stretch capability would work. Too many possible variables in foundation heights to make separate items.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    Not sure if it's possible coding-wise, but columns with stretch capability would work. Too many possible variables in foundation heights to make separate items.

Even so, I'd like multi level columns to be made.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, been begging for multi level columns since 2014. Builders are ignored.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    There is a way you can get around the problem. You might have to make some compromise with foundation height and this will only work if your first floor walls are small or medium but .... make a basement under where you want the column making it 2x2 so the column can sit inside the centre of the room and not touch walls. Make sure the basement walls are the tallest so when you put the column in there it is also the tallest column. With bb.moveobjects turned on, lift the column (9 key) up until it reaches the ceiling on the floor above. You might have to do a bit of trial and error and you might have to lower your foundation a little but it is doable with a bit of fiddling.

But you're right, they need to improve the behaviour of columns or at the very least have it so they snap to each point (half points as well as corners) on the one square line as well as the centre of the square. There was a time holding the alt key enabled you to move columns as freely as any object. :)
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    yeah this is a huge issue. i dont even use columns anymore