Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: UNFINISHED BUSINESS

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Question: what happened to the 10 remaining coins?

My guess is someone sabotaging. 🤔

🤔

The maximum reward for the forest is 40 coins though.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member

🤔

Oh, I thought it was 50. :D

🤔

Oh, I thought it was 50. :D

Yeah. I realized a while back that if there were 100 coins and each of the 5 players brought 8 coins, there were still 10 coins unaccounted for :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    Turner wrote: »
    The correct answer to the flash game was GREEN

There were two correct solutions to the lake problem; Twiddle's proposal was one of them, shown below (courtesy of Vul):
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    Twiddle's Solution:

- Send 2 Pirates across in a boat to the other side, All 3 of us and 1 pirate stay with the coins on Beach A.
    A - ☠☺☺☺
    B - ☠☠

- One of the two pirates row back leaving 1 pirate on Beach B and the 3 of us and two pirates on Beach A.
    A - ☠☠☺☺☺
    B - ☠

- Then the two pirates on Beach A row across to Beach B so that there are now 3 of us with the coins on Beach A and all the pirates on beach B.
    A - ☺☺☺
    B - ☠☠☠

- Again, One pirate rows back so that there are 3 of us, the coins and 1 pirate on Beach A and two on Beach B.
    A - ☠☺☺☺
    B - ☠☠

- Now, Two of us row across to Beach B,
    A - ☠☺
    B - ☠☠☺☺

- One of us and one pirate stays on Beach B and one of us and one pirate rows back to A. There are now Two of us and Two pirates on A, One of us and One pirate on B.
    A - ☠☠☺☺
    B - ☠☺

- Finally the two of us on Beach A row over to Beach B...
    A - ☠☠
    B - ☠☺☺☺

- ... and we send the lone pirate back to his friends on Beach A with nothing.
    A - ☠☠☠
    B - ☺☺☺

At least you all made it across the side using this solution. But you still wouldn't meet the requirement of having all 6 on side B.

This is indeed correct but unfinished. All that's left is for one pirate to cross over, bring a friend, and repeat.

Well, I did say that all you needed to do was have the pirates follow us over and that would solve the problem but alas my idea was shot down. :disappointed:

I'm not going to dwell on it though, I tried and in the end, I should have had more confidence in my solution, I should have just voted for myself as the others did.

On the bright side, We still won some money so it's not a total loss. :)
    Christmas_Banner.png

Oh, there is plenty of that going on I think. :D
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited May 2019

X MARKS THE SPOT
    6830DAh.jpg

The Forest peeps make it out alive with heavy pockets; the Lake peeps eventually make it across the lake with empty pockets.
    The two groups come together and their total earnings thus far is 90 coins.
    As they make their way to the X, they have a chance to win more money in the final obstacle.

FINAL OBSTACLE: DECEITFUL TREASURE CHESTS
    G3FaHaQ.png

Three identical treasure chests stand before you.

What you know for certain:
    *One chest contains just golden artifacts ($25), one just silver artifacts ($15), and one both gold and silver artifacts ($40 total value).
    *Each chest is mislabeled.

As a group, you will pick one chest. I will randomly remove an artifact from within and show you if it's made of gold or silver.

After that, you can choose to keep the contents of the chest you just picked, or, you can choose to open up another chest instead.

Both votes require a majority decision (with 8 players, you need 5 to agree).
    You can unvote at any time. In order to be official, your vote must be in bold or CAPITALIZED.

edited May 2019
    So to clarify, right now you are all discussing and voting for which chest you want ME to open. I will then show you an artifact from within.

After that, you will all revote for which chest you want to open and KEEP.

There is no time limit on this.
    Post edited by Turner on
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,715 Member
    Gold...
  • WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    Here's my thought
    The chests are mislabeled
    so if we picked the Gold&Silver chest when Turner reveals it we will 100% know the contents
    If he pulls a silver, we know it's the silver/silver chest. If he pulls a gold, we know it's the gold/gold chest.
    If it's the gold chest we can secure a $25. It's not as good as the 40, but then we're not risking the 15.
    If it's the silver chest, then we know we have the lowest value and can switch out for one of the other two resulting in either a 25 or 40.
    Sounds good if we assume that the chests are never correctly labeled

Gold and Silver

Sounds good if we assume that the chests are never correctly labeled

Gold and Silver

It says each chest is mislabeled so I assume they are never correctly labeled
    Gold and Silver
    Yeah, I think that's a fair assumption to make

edited May 2019
    "Gold"
    *Alleen

"Silver"

"Gold & Silver"
    *Ice
    *Ryenn
    Also, you don't need to vote right away. I'd like to hear from everyone first before majority is reached.
    Gold & Silver

Seems the best choice to me.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member
    With 4 votes out of 8, the town has decided to lynch Gold and Silver.

Alas, it turns out that town just killed the Town Rolecop. Poor Gold and Silver...

It is now night.

Night will last for 5 hours. Get your night actions in ASAP!
    Banner.png
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,715 Member
    With 4 votes out of 8, the town has decided to lynch Gold and Silver.

Alas, it turns out that town just killed the Town Rolecop. Poor Gold and Silver...

It is now night.

Night will last for 5 hours. Get your night actions in ASAP!

Lol....
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Gold and Silver

I guess I hammered the vote.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member
    edited May 2019
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    As the head of the mafia, I say we kill Vul tonight XD

Sorry, I'm Bulletproof Unlynchable. :p But thanks for revealing yourself. :)

VOTE: HAYLO
    Banner.png
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Silver
    Gold and Silver it is, then

Majority has decided to pick the chest labeled Gold & Silver
    GOLDEN RELIC
    jewelry-gold-skull-ring-with-diamond-and-clipart_csp51808712.jpg

Now, you must decide if you want to KEEP this chest, or choose another.

NEW RULE: You cannot vote until everyone has posted. Discussion only until then.
    Personally I say we keep. Securing a 25 is better than risking only getting 15. Sure you lose 15, but the risk is losing 25 if we switch.