Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who should my heir date? <3

takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
I'm having trouble figuring out which of the sims in my heir's friend group he should date!! I love all of them. And polls are fun so I'm hoping you'll help me out. I'm thinking of having him wait on marriage until he has an established career, so this isn't necessarily gonna be the mother of our next heir. Keep in mind that it's currently 1957 in my game, so the options are kinda limited.
First off, here's my heir. His name is Arden Eaman, his traits are gloomy and music lover, and he's working towards becoming a musical genius.
DPBZy8Z.png?12VnZY93.png?1

Option one!! This is Nancy Fairbrooke. Her traits are clumsy and squeamish, and her aspiration is to be a bestselling author. This is kinda nice cause Arden's mom is a bestselling author, so at least she'd have some talking points with the family! Not too much of an interesting sim, but I think she'd make for a good high school sweetheart.
q0yNlDz.png?1rUuvohJ.png?1

Option 2: Betty Dowling. She's stunning imo. Her traits are outgoing and self assured, and she has the soulmate aspiration. I love her!! I definitely think that I'm going to keep her close to Arden, even if they never become romantically involved. Her personality definitely challenges the 50s' image of what a young woman should be- I think it could make for some interesting storytelling.
XlbWZvA.png?15f0Vt02.png?2

Option 3 is Lorilie Gibson. She has a bit of a unique look, and I love it. Traits: music lover and neat, aspiration being renaissance sim. She's got a trait in common with Arden, which is cool, and that neat trait always comes in handy.
J3SPuRc.png?1uMeQmXC.png?2

ANYway. I guess I could choose on my own, but I love participating in polls myself so I thought why not? Thanks for any and all input!! You guys are awesome.

Who should my heir date? <3 74 votes

Nancy Fairbrooke
21%
Akl500PxoJessimarcel21madmadam59texxx78luxsylvanCookie o' CrumbleHermioneGranger73comicsforlifeMoonSimBusufuVivi_WillowTreechxnelsimmerlyroseGordynerdfashion 16 votes
Betty Dowling
45%
icmnfrshBluefairy286Writin_RegStrangerthanThunderbat87freindlylolIObelleloubyloulouzagboorulesspice3SimplyToriCourtneyVioletAlbaWaterhouseannaliese39DoloresGreyJasonPogoSekrilKarababy52HopeyStarrtakenbysheep 34 votes
Lorilie Gibson
28%
Alexaimmt3363MeteoraStormsekojranaSimplyJenkittymeoworangehippogriffEnkiSchmidtDestin2016AfterMidnightEvilyn_1007PeculiarPlumbobStina1701ABiggieCheesezefronSimsandraAriaMad2CheetahAlyssabrittany_jeanKellogg_J_Kellogg 21 votes
Not a fan of any of them
4%
JennyggtaydevEvie0602 3 votes

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Nancy Fairbrooke
    Nancy is very pretty <3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Betty Dowling
    They are all so pretty, but Betty sounds the most fun to me and like someone that can inspire Arden. :)
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Betty. I love her hair, is it cc or expansion?
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Betty Dowling
    Betty is strong and beautiful. But for interesting story telling you could probably have him date Nancy first - I agree she seems the high school sweet heart type and then learn to appreciate and love Betty. Squeamish sims get annoying quickly. I adore Lorilie's look too.
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    Betty Dowling
    Becka28 wrote: »
    Betty is strong and beautiful. But for interesting story telling you could probably have him date Nancy first - I agree she seems the high school sweet heart type and then learn to appreciate and love Betty. Squeamish sims get annoying quickly. I adore Lorilie's look too.

I agree! Nancy lives next to Arden, too, so she's got that girl-next-door thing going for her too. Thanks!
    Betty Dowling
    AkramA wrote: »

Isn't it cool? I just checked and it's actually from dine out ;)
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Nancy Fairbrooke
    I really love all of them, but I chose Nancy because there's something quintessentially 50s (to me, who never experienced the 50s) about marrying your high school sweetheart. I think it'd be so adorable. Both sets of my grandparents were like that -- one set knew each other through school and dated afterwards, and one set were actually rival schools but met at work. :)
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited May 2019
    Lorilie Gibson
    They are all so wonderful! Your sims are beautiful and full of life. :smiley:

Lorilie Gibson is totally giving me Betty Rizzo vibes from Grease (wrong hair & eye color of course). Other then that, I think her traits are a good match.
    4d4383191110e2688a3dfcf5081a8a0c.jpg
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    edited May 2019
    Lorilie Gibson

Are you sure? :/ I don't see it under the Dine Out tag... Could be an altered CC hair that requires Dine Out.
    47828621201_5cf9cbbfe2.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Nancy Fairbrooke
    Nancy's look really compliments Arden's, which means they'll have good-looking kids. I also think that authors and musicians work well together, especially if the book is made into a movie. Then the musician can make the music for the movie! Anyways, I also think that a gloomy Sim needs a soulmate that adds some happiness to his/her life (I feel like her 3rd trait would be cheerful).

Also, did anybody else notice that Nancy had 25%, Betty had 50%, Lorile had 22%, but then None had 2%? That only adds up to 99%.
    (Don't mind me, I'm OCD and this bothers me a LOT)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I like both Lorilie and Betty best. Lorilee because she too is a music lover and Betty because is outgoing and self-assured which could rub off on Arden. Can you have him marry more than one woman and cheat in the player trait for him?
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Nancy Fairbrooke
    Nancy is stunning, she just styles over the rest. And even if she's not too interesting now, it doesn't mean she can't get more interesting over time, as you spend more time with her and see her in new situations.

Is she on the Gallery, by any chance? If you won't pick her, I just might.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Nancy Fairbrooke
    SimplyJen wrote: »

Are you sure? :/ I don't see it under the Dine Out tag... Could be an altered CC hair that requires Dine Out.

Actually, Betty's hair is from Bowling Stuff. Nancy's hair is from Dine Out though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Betty Dowling

Actually, Betty's hair is from Bowling Stuff. Nancy's hair is from Dine Out though.

Oh my bad!! Sorry about that, thanks for the help <3
    Betty Dowling
    They are all so wonderful! Your sims are beautiful and full of life. :smiley:

Lorilie Gibson is totally giving me Betty Rizzo vibes from Grease (wrong hair & eye color of course). Other then that, I think her traits are a good match.
    4d4383191110e2688a3dfcf5081a8a0c.jpg

I'm so glad someone caught that lmao!!.... I actually downloaded Lorilie from the gallery and she was originally in a household of grease characters :p so technically she is Betty Rizzo!! I just tweaked her a little so she wasn't a carbon copy ;)
    Lorilie Gibson
    Alright... Sorry to bring this up again. :sweat_smile: I really like that hairstyle Betty is wearing too. Now I'm thinking it's an altered Bowling Stuff hair? I'll try to track it down on my own if I can unless you can find the link for it. o:)
    46913831165_53839a4b19.jpg
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Lorilie Gibson
    I really like Lorilie. She seems like a really nice match for your sim.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Lorilie Gibson
    For me it was difficult to choose between Betty and Lorilie. I really like both of these ladies; both their looks and trait/aspiration combination but as I see that Betty is winning I am choosing Lorilie as I am a sucker for the underdog :innocent: But to be honest. I find it difficult to choose between those two.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Not a fan of any of them
    @SimplyJen
    Here's the hair Betty is wearing :)
    https://mystufforigin.com/lovely-curls-conversion/
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Betty Dowling
    I like Nancy's look, but Betty's personality is a good complement to Arden's
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Betty Dowling
    She has the least in common with him but I think her personality compliments his. I also find her the most interesting.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• KitsumiKitsumi Posts: 20 Member
    Betty Dowling
    I chose Betty, mainly because I feel like her outgoing and self assured personality would really compliment his. I immediately got a cute little picture in my head of Arden being gloomy and possibly insecure about his music, and Betty coming along beside him and being his number one fan, keeping him working towards his goals even when he feels they aren't possible. I just feel like it would be super cute story-wise.