March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Is there a size requirement for the lot?
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    AlJay wrote: »
    Is there a size requirement for the lot?

Not this time - go crazy!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    Mikkiness wrote: »
    Question - what's the rules when it comes to debug items? Can I decorate my kitchen with free dirty dishes and bottles of olive oil?

@Mikkiness You're free to add any debug item to add clutter to your build :)

Can you also use the lights from debug? (that are invisible in live-mode) Instead of regular ceiling lights to help with the budget ? :)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Devilariah wrote: »
    pronterus wrote: »
    Mikkiness wrote: »
    Question - what's the rules when it comes to debug items? Can I decorate my kitchen with free dirty dishes and bottles of olive oil?

@Mikkiness You're free to add any debug item to add clutter to your build :)

Can you also use the lights from debug? (that are invisible in live-mode) Instead of regular ceiling lights to help with the budget ? :)

@Devilariah Yes, you may :)
    3gHHX7s.png

fcuRqPI.png
    Attention STARTING OUT Entrants for #BnS118 - Spring Designer Showdown

Your results are now available HERE

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #119 - For The Old Gold and Green Dorm Challenge
    FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: abc1538544310
    LEVEL: Beginner
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Avarice Acres
    NEW LOT LINK: BNS119-Fightn Gnomes Dorm ht tps://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E52FA35F750B11E98CBD02EE088C8087?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 151,598
    Lot Cost: 3000
    Total Cost 154,598
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Spring Designer Showdown BnS118 ht tps://imgur.com/a/rh6pfvV
    ENTRY DETAILS: #BnS119 - FOR THE OLD GOLD & GREEN #Kiteldesigns A modern desgin dorm mixed dorm building for the Fighting Gnomes! Beautiful landscaping leads to the entrances for the dorm. on the bottom left holds the dining hall and computer lab, with a comfortable sitting area. The bottom right contains two TV rooms for students.. There is a study table, and game tables in this area. Upstairs contains the dorm rooms for students. Girls right, boys left. Large spacious bathrooms, and laundries on each side.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None Used
    @13Vader

I like how opulent yours looks
  • TinkPlaysTinkPlays Posts: 80 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #119 - For The Old Gold and Green Dorm Challenge
    FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: abc1538544310
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Avarice Acres
    NEW LOT LINK: BNS119-Fightn Gnomes Dorm https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E52FA35F750B11E98CBD02EE088C8087?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 151,598
    Lot Cost: 3000
    Total Cost 154,598
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Spring Designer Showdown BnS118 https://imgur.com/a/rh6pfvV
    ENTRY DETAILS: #BnS119 - FOR THE OLD GOLD & GREEN #Kiteldesigns A modern desgin dorm mixed dorm building for the Fighting Gnomes! Beautiful landscaping leads to the entrances for the dorm. on the bottom left holds the dining hall and computer lab, with a comfortable sitting area. The bottom right contains two TV rooms for students.. There is a study table, and game tables in this area. Upstairs contains the dorm rooms for students. Girls right, boys left. Large spacious bathrooms, and laundries on each side.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None Used

6xIlnfk.png

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Long time no see BnS peeps!

Man, things have happened since I visited last (admittedly a while now). A new category called Master? :open_mouth:
    I dont think I will be aiming at participating in the current challenge, as it's quite large and I have a problem with your deadlines at the best of times.. How often had I not had an extension and still not been able to make it? :lol:

But I do keep an eye on the challenge (believe it or not) and I hope to join in again soon! Nothing quite like throwing myself out in the deep end with some amazingly talented people... haha. And as much as I hate budgets, I may admit I kinda miss the challenge of it :wink:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Howdy @Ninnster! :) Good to see you here again, it's been awhile. Can't wait to see what builds you come up with!
    does the dorm room (Room Challenge part) 15 square room, have a price/budget limit?
    does the dorm room (Room Challenge part) 15 square room, have a price/budget limit?

Not this time! Have fun :)
    Ninnster wrote: »
    Long time no see BnS peeps!

Man, things have happened since I visited last (admittedly a while now). A new category called Master? :open_mouth:
    I dont think I will be aiming at participating in the current challenge, as it's quite large and I have a problem with your deadlines at the best of times.. How often had I not had an extension and still not been able to make it? :lol:

But I do keep an eye on the challenge (believe it or not) and I hope to join in again soon! Nothing quite like throwing myself out in the deep end with some amazingly talented people... haha. And as much as I hate budgets, I may admit I kinda miss the challenge of it :wink:

We love seeing builds from you @Ninnster ! Hoping you'll find a challenge to join in on soon :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I have a Question @BuildnShare - for the Sim Challenge, Teen or Young adult ?

Thanks,
    Diane
    I have a Question @BuildnShare - for the Sim Challenge, Teen or Young adult ?

Thanks,
    Diane

Young adult, please. While some college students are technically still in their "teens," they need to be young adults in Sims 4 in order to live on their own.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    does the room have to be fully usable? For example can you raise the bed to make it look like a lofted bed, even though the sim might not be able to get into it?
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I wanna input and say that teens can live on their own as well. Its possible to create a teen in CAS and have them leave on their own(:
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    edited May 2019
    I wanna input and say that teens can live on their own as well. Its possible to create a teen in CAS and have them leave on their own(:

yeh i had already made 4 dorm mates (teens) and put them on a lot :P :O
    Post edited by Devilariah on
    Devilariah wrote: »

yeh i had already made 4 dorm mates (teens) and put them on a lot :P :O

Oh, in that case teens would be fine :)
    does the room have to be fully usable? For example can you raise the bed to make it look like a lofted bed, even though the sim might not be able to get into it?

Usable would be better. Part of the judging criteria in Room Layout is giving thought as to how the build will play.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ok thank you
    edited May 2019
    Big Question @BuildnShare - I am working on this Build

60315800_10219453922115587_5222860654922170368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeE6HctO75rGkiL7lYKylrY09MTIPWRIH53r_ODOPIoBWz2uwyolooCU_7JWY4jLKDpGmGUGOIipbEOVzABDO8Xt69E6jbOkcOKYoxh29NB1-g&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-2.fna&oh=9d838f4aef4dbe14cf2ceb26aa72ace0&oe=5D9E575A

But in Re-reading the Challenge description- It seems YOU want a Modern Build... ( as quoted from the Challenge instructions : " I’ve been asked to design a new dormitory building for Sim U. But they want something new and fresh for their incoming students." And in The Brief it states :"The design should reflect a fresh new look for the modern student." )

I was going for something reminiscent of a Sims 3 Sorority ...I was making a more lived in, aged & cluttered dormitory. Please let me know if I have strayed off of what is wanted for this Challenge..

Thanks
    Diane Pinkus
    Big Question @BuildnShare - I am working on this Build

But in Re-reading the Challenge description- It seems YOU want a Modern Build... ( as quoted from the Challenge instructions : " I’ve been asked to design a new dormitory building for Sim U. But they want something new and fresh for their incoming students." And in The Brief it states :"The design should reflect a fresh new look for the modern student." )

I was going for something reminiscent of a Sims 3 Sorority ...I was making a more lived in, aged & cluttered dormitory. Please let me know if I have strayed off of what is wanted for this Challenge..

Thanks
    Diane Pinkus

It's your interpretation of what a modern college student would want/need! It doesn't have to strictly be a modern build.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you @BuildnShare

I appreciate your insight & quick response to my question..

Diane Pinkus
    CHALLENGE #119 - For the Old Gold and Green
    FORUM ID:KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID:abc1538544310
    ROOM: BNS#119 DormROOM
    LOT COST: §3,000
    LOT NAME: Avarice Aces
    GALLERY COST:§21146
    LINK TO GALLERY: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/939F3D1C79CA11E9862126A9E137F5E7?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=abc1538544310&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/DLmhiZ5
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC

https://imgur.com/OrUmxoW
  • EmilieFloraEmilieFlora Posts: 35 Member
    CHALLENGE #119 - For the Old Gold and Green
    FORUM ID:EmilieFlora
    ORIGIN ID:Emile-Flora
    ROOM: Dormroom/Uni Halls
    LOT COST: §2,00
    LOT NAME: Rindle Rose
    GALLERY COST:§13,827
    LINK TO GALLERY: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A6B10C977A3811E98B4B72BD36CF0372?category=rooms&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=dorm&max=50&maxis=falseLINK TO SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/cR247iR
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC
    Pictures: jfzybFX.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top