Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

1414243444547...Next

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Yes, that's my channel. Here's the episode where I used your build, it's right in the beginning. It's part 14 of a series so don't expect to understand the drama, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcnQnwApw0A
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Thanks for the link, I'd rather start from the beginning of the series.
    @Jessabeans Ok here is the link to the whole playlist. But I will warn you, my machinima skills for the first 2-3 episodes were....basic. :lol:

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I guess I owe you an apology: I really wanted to help, but I was lagging behind way too much with my classes. My last final is on Wednesday, so I'll be out of excuses now! >:)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Everyone, thank you. But, to be clear, I wasn't fishing for apologies. The fact that you all saw my comment shows that you are still here, at least in spirit. As I might have mentioned a few times, I'm guilty myself. I keep getting drawn to other games recently, so haven't been creating in Sims myself. Which, although not great for someone running this kind of contest, isn't exactly a bad thing after all these years of being so hyper-focused on the one title.

There are still SOOOOOO many things for me to discover in TS3 that my current distractions are just that, distractions. I still have half my siblings in my legacy family to play through before heading on to the next generation. And several EPs that I haven't even explored properly in that process.

Steam is partly responsible. I've caught a couple games on sale that are a change of pace for me and I've been enjoying them. The hidden object/puzzle story type. There was a bundle of six, and I just completed my second. Not one to do things in small measures, I would not be surprised if I just plow through all six in sequence before coming up for air.

I have also spent a bit of time helping my niece out with her kids this past week, which hasn't allowed me much time for even that. AND I've actually joined a gym for the first time in 20 years. Today was an "intro" visit, with tomorrow being my first "workout." It isn't quite that, but water aerobics. Still exercise, I'm not denying myself that success. But not what I call a workout. Of course, I say that now. Let's see if I feel that way when I am done!

All that being so, I do look forward to seeing some posts, whenever they do happen. The prize points aren't going anywhere until they have something to be awarded to. And the point here is to provide a community, not a sense of responsibility/stress.

For those who celebrate, relax and enjoy your Easter weekend.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited April 2019
    @Jude525 It's important to have varied interests. Even if something is your favorite, it's nice to step away from time to time to enjoy it with fresh eyes. I've played since Sims 1, but I spend a few months a year playing other games on rotation. I'm really bad at keeping up with the sims community when life gets busy or I'm playing something else. Don't hold yourself to a different standard than you would hold others. Everyone is allowed to spend their free time as they see fit. Good luck with your water aerobics class. Swimming is by far my favorite exercise and I think the effectiveness of it is often understated.

I tried Subnatuica when Epic gave it away but I haven't been able to get into it. It's really peaceful but the controls feel wonky, I guess because I'm not playing it in VR.

@Zeegee I am loving the story so far, it's wonderful seeing familiar townies backstories fleshed out and incorporated into the story. I was impressed with the machinima from the beginning, give yourself more credit.

I have a tentative idea for a gift, but it will be awhile before I can start on it. I would prefer not to participate with the drawing aspect though, I've owned the store for ages. It would be nice for simmers who came to the game or the community later to have a chance at store prizes instead.

@Jessabeans thanks for the perspective. It's funny, I use the "be as kind to yourself as you are to others" concept all the time. Both for myself and to share with others. Guess it just didn't occur to me to apply it here.

And, yes, like myself, anyone who wants to participate solely for the sake of creating/contributing is more than welcome. And is welcome either to opt out of the drawings (as I do) or opt in and choose their own beneficiary of any winnings.

It's funny you mention the controls on Subnautica. I attempted to use my game controller, after initially using my keyboard, but quickly gave it up. I couldn't get anything done. There was a major disconnect between the two and I just couldn't reconcile it. Perhaps if I'd started with the controller? But, then, I used my quick keys of 1-5 constantly, and doubt I would have figured out a useful mapping that would have proved as useful. I'm a keyboard guy at heart.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Jessabeans wrote: »
    @Zeegee I am loving the story so far, it's wonderful seeing familiar townies backstories fleshed out and incorporated into the story. I was impressed with the machinima from the beginning, give yourself more credit.

@Jessabeans Thank you :kissing:

@Jude525 I just assumed that you use the keyboard with Subnautica? I don't have a game controller hooked up to my desktop. Is this something that would be easier played on a gaming system?
    @ZeeGee Clearly, from my post, not in my opinion. I am not used to a controller anymore, it being years since I played XBox on a regular basis. I found no advantage when I tried the controller. The one feature I was looking for was the ability to look around freely without changing what direction you are moving in. But moving in general then became awkward to me for the first part of the game. I presume I would have felt differently once I achieved other modes of transportation beyond swimming. But the buttons on my controller felt hypersensitive. And, as I've mentioned, those hot keys for accessing my inventory items were just too important to me. Again, maybe if I had started with the controller and eased into having five hotkeys, but trying to jump into them all at once was too big a setback for a voluntary change.

I do know that it is recommended if you are using a VR headset, since it is easier to find your buttons on a controller than to be certain you remain on home row with a keyboard. Not that there aren't plenty of players out there that would have no trouble doing so. Honestly, I rarely need to look at my keyboard to know what my hands are doing. I've been a touch typist since high school. I just wish my keyboard had WASD anchor nibs like on the F and J keys. I know I can add them, and will if I continue to play this type of game more often.

Oh, and the ability to view independently of movement is built into the VR headset, so that would have solved my primary concern in the first place. But, I do not play in VR. I would LOVE to, but I am not spending $1,300 on hardware that would most likely just make my poor vertigo go nuts on a good day. Not to mention what the immersive surround effects would do to my nerves later in the game! But, that would also add to the cool factor big time. Some of the bad guys sneak up on you from behind and you hear them before you see them.

Dang, just talking about it makes me want to "dive" back in. It really is such a fun game. It is taking a lot of self control to resist the urge to jump onto the early adopter band wagon for the sequel. But I'm trying to hold strong for a finished product.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 Thanks for the explanation! As much fun as the 3D sounds I'll stick to computer.
    @Jude525

I thought I only had bigger cabins uploaded but I had forgotten about this one, it's not very cozy because it's a starter cabin on a 10x10 lot. It might be a nice one to makeover.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7290169
    @jessabeans, thanks for the heads up on Waterlily Cabin, but I think any Sim of mine would get cramped within a Sim week. I rarely (never?) do small lots. And would much rather wait until my Sim could afford it and have them move into, and renovate, the larger lot that first caught my eye.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I updated my list, not many changes, but still ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @dreamsong1968 Wow! Just wow! I finally got some time to play, downloaded your lot and plopped the twins in there. After running amok through the house to see everything they've settled in at the bar for some serious party time. :) Thank you again, it is absolutely perfect for what I need. I would not, however, set Alpha loose in there. Oh the stories...

I am so thrilled to see they are enjoying it! Things were so quiet here that I got busy with a couple of legacies. I've been buried in those and just came up for air.
  • dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    @Jude525 Please feel free to roll over these points and any future ones as long as that is convenient for you :)

@dreamsong1968 Sorry to have missed your build! Wolff Manor looks a million dollars! You chose a beautifully modern colour palate, the burgundy touches give it a lovely warmth, and the garden furniture is very sleek and stylish. Shame it's too good for @ZeeGee and I'll have to steal it instead :pensive:

Such kind words! Thank you so much. You all are too kind!
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Are all the active wishlists still active? I'm itching to build something for someone B)
    @equuest All active! Build away. :smiley:
    @equuest Absolutely, have at it! I'm currently distracted in yet another game. I guess this hiatus needed to be just a little longer. Although the building restrictions in Creativerse are making my fingers a little itchy for home, I like having a shared world with chat.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top