Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

15 Years Later

2...Next

Comments

• SeloBeeSeloBee Posts: 177 Member
    I started with the original Sims about 2003ish somewhere and fell in love with it. I remember when they first announced The Sims 2, the website wasn't even the iconic blue one it ended up being, it was like a giant Plumbob that when you clicked it, it opened up and you could go browse through the pictures, videos, interviews, and all kinds of stuff that definitely succeeded in pumping me to the max for the game! (Does anyone else even remember that? lol) Got it that Christmas after release, and it was seriously so incredibly impressive I could not wrap my little 11-year-old head around it. I think it is the best in the series (though I must admit TS3 came in a very close second) and still play the game to this day, I even found and purchased every single disc from eBay just to be able to do so... I suppose we are the "die-hard" fans :lol: but I'm totally okay with that :blush:
    The world is quiet here
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited May 2019
    Makes perfect sence, it is still the best after all. I swear Sims 2 sims have better memories, more things to do and WAY more interesting personalities than some other games we could mention *side-eyes Sims 4*
    Post edited by WaitWhatYT on
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2019
    I love the sims 2 , this game is not playable with cc. It is the most unstable game I have using with.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2019
    I love the sims 2 , this game is not playable with cc. It is the most unstable game I have using with.

I hate that for you. I have over 13GBs of cc in TS2 these days, so yes, depeding on what it is, it can make it unstable. But I have to keep some side notes, (very few mods, though) of that dresser isn't really a dresser and was extracted from Fall Out or some other game, and it's not going to have the same bhavs as a regular dresser. I have a lot of content like that, and have to remember or make mental notes to myself that what I see in buymode isn't exactly what it is cloned from nor will it operate as what it looks like. I feel your pain, but one thing I don't use a lot of are the mods, other than a few to stop a few things. And I can really make my game unstable when I am filming them for a story and use cheats to make them do things I need them to do for the screen shot or video, which often causes jump bugs, but I know it was my fault for using move objects to turn them upside down etc., lol, I usually don't play those hoods I use for stories. ETA: My shared story or video stories, are like a studio set to me, I use it to build the sets, put the same look alike Sims in there and then I can do whatever, (and yes, they can get bugged by all that cheating and moveobjects etc. and all my crazy content extracted from other games) but my real Sims live in a world I can actually play without any problems.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Cinebar gimme your computer ahah because I have also a lot of gigas of cc as you and it stil crashes despite all the cares I do with my cc. I noticed recently that also the cc that kept the texte and the description of the cloned object makes the game not stable.
    I also have custom houses I decorated I saved in s2pack they are not playable at all always crashy .
    If the cheats codes makes the game crashes I swear I cannot
    Anyways I don't play it anymore I am so angry with this game. I switched to ts4 and I kept my sims 3.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    edited May 2019
    @Cinebar gimme your computer ahah because I have also a lot of gigas of cc as you and it stil crashes despite all the cares I do with my cc. I noticed recently that also the cc that kept the texte and the description of the cloned object makes the game not stable.
    I also have custom houses I decorated I saved in s2pack they are not playable at all always crashy .
    If the cheats codes makes the game crashes I swear I cannot
    Anyways I don't play it anymore I am so angry with this game. I switched to ts4 and I kept my sims 3.

Lot corruption sometimes happens when you build a lot with stuff packs installed and then no longer have them installed. I only mention this because some people here don't actually have all packs installed. It can be loaded, and you can enter that lot but it will eventually crash.

Another reason lot corruption happens (crashes etc.) is the lot (if previously used) may contain left over data from Sims who lived there and those who visited. (Including NPCs, mailman, paperboy etc.) This can cause corruption and eventual crashes. There are mods to clean this up, however, it's been my experience those well known mods that clean that up only caused my game to implode (made it much worse).

One big thing that causes lot corruption (other than moving Sims to a new neighborhood which is a big fat no), is players may delete a cc object from their files before they remembered to go to that lot to sell it first off the lot, then they can delete the cc from the files. This is one of the top reasons lots crash or won't load. They would need to put back the custom Object in that case.

OFB changed a lot of game rules deep within the game. So, did Family Fun Stuff. Any lots built before those packs may be bugged and or cause crashes if people keep their original saved builds etc. and try to add them years later. It doesn't always happen, but if you ever notice base game lots built by Maxis are somewhat buggy to begin with, so best to only use lots you built after FFS and OFB.

It's been my experience not all lots should be downloaded and installed without using Sims2PkCleanInstaller, for many reasons, hidden hacks or cc that the creator didn't clean out before sharing the lot, and or NPCs in that lot. They may or may not be listed in the Clean Installer, but you load the lot and there is a strange Sim in the lot..get rid of the lot.

Bad lots in the lot bin (as described above) can be half the problem (even in the bin) of crashing.

A few years ago, I beat my head against the screen trying to find a piece of cc that was crashing my game at the same time every morning on my own built lot. It was driving me crazy. I removed everything, it still crashed, I sorted things for days....lol, I finally narrowed it down to a clump of grass, called grass....it had corrupted my whole hood and crashing happened every morning on that lot even on a freshly cleaned lot of that house, so, even if you remove cc from lots and try to use the lot, it may still crash once you find out what the cc was that was breaking the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Interesting very , nobody lived in my lots and I always installed them with s2 clean installer, maybe it's because the other reasons, I really don't want to decorated a thrid time the same lot it's very tiring I totally say goodbye to that game, that really plum me off all these corruptions.
    Interesting very , nobody lived in my lots and I always installed them with s2 clean installer, maybe it's because the other reasons, I really don't want to decorated a thrid time the same lot it's very tiring I totally say goodbye to that game, that really plum me off all these corruptions.

Yes, I use the same model house for my stories over and over, but it's a clean save. Once you build a lot, save it to file. If you want to reuse the same lot without having to redecorate it, then reinstall it from the saved file. Save the lots you build before anyone ever moves into them. You can put a copy into the bin as you know, but I always just save it to file so my lot bin doesn't get bogged down and much safer.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    sims 2 still lives and lives long and strong
  • IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    With custom default skin, default eyes and pretty hairs it is still playable for me!