Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How well do you treat your Butler?

Only 2 or 3 of my households have a live in butler. All have their private bedroom, which is normally equipped with stuff that the butler really don'rt need, and never use. Like a desk, books to read, etc. Today I noticed that in one of the houses the butler even got his own private bathroom, while the household of 5 share one bathroom :lol: Butlers don't ever use a bathroom, I think, but well, I feel sorry for them if they get no facilities at all...

How about you?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Depends on the character of the sims employing him, lol. The super nice philanthropist with a five star fame and a pristine rep gave his butler his own wing. The vampire boss in the criminal career? His butler is basically a prisoner he uses to feed on :p
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    James Windsor Is head of the Jordan Family House Staff has a a Room, on the upstairs floor, in the West Wing, it's well decorated in a Roman, Nior Tone. He's well respected by the Family and the Staff. as well as a mutual respect between the Staff and Family.

Debating how I want to spell his death tho, James is a very Loyal Friend and servant to Lord Adam Jordan. The Jordans are also a family of werewolves, and James is human, he's aware of his Master's being, and truly cares for the family. However, In 1881 there's going to be an attack on the Jordan Estate, that murders the entire family except the youngest son, Caleb.

I wonder should I have James escape the Mansion, and care for the 13 year old werewolf?
    Because the tragedy was, Everyone dies, leaving Caleb alone for 85 years Beast.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Do Butlers even work? Every time I hire one they stand around and do nothing.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I'm pretty much the same. My sim has had the same butler working for him since VG came out and he's been great. So he gets a nice private space in the house as his living quarters and he gets treated very kindly. Of course he doesn't make use of most of the luxuries I've given him, but it's nice to think that he could if he wanted to.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

Wow, love the details of your game story! My butlers don't even have a back story.
    keekee53 wrote: »

I think my butlers have been observed cleaning a sink or two, but basically my owner would need to direct them to work. There are some settings for their tasks, but it could have worked better. My wealthy house owners also use their butler to socialize, it looks kinda sweet I think :)
  • ArchieAndVeronicaArchieAndVeronica Posts: 20 Member
    By firing them a few hours after hiring them lol. Butlers are frustrating. Though I liked the concept.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    They usually get their own room.
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I like to depend on my butler for social need if a Sim is home alone. I like to cheat to change their outfits, so they seem more like a live in housekeeper. They usually have good relationships with everyone, especially the kids. They get their own apartment in the basement with a bathroom, living room and bedroom of their own.

It seems my butlers are SPOILT!
    I like to depend on my butler for social need if a Sim is home alone. I like to cheat to change their outfits, so they seem more like a live in housekeeper. They usually have good relationships with everyone, especially the kids. They get their own apartment in the basement with a bathroom, living room and bedroom of their own.

It seems my butlers are SPOILT!

Haha, yes they are :)
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Well, I gave my butler an air mattress under the stairs next to some boxes. They're lucky they even got a bed XD
    Proud simmer
    Well, I gave my butler an air mattress under the stairs next to some boxes. They're lucky they even got a bed XD

Haha, at least it was under roof :)
  • BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    Only 2 or 3 of my households have a live in butler. All have their private bedroom, which is normally equipped with stuff that the butler really don'rt need, and never use. Like a desk, books to read, etc. Today I noticed that in one of the houses the butler even got his own private bathroom, while the household of 5 share one bathroom :lol: Butlers don't ever use a bathroom, I think, but well, I feel sorry for them if they get no facilities at all...

How about you?

Woohoo everyday.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    I only have a couple butlers in my game - but they are treated like family- as much as the game allows anyway. They have their own comfy and roomy bedroom with a sitting and reading area and a nice private bathroom.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• silverdustsilverdust Posts: 34 Member
    I usually spoil my butlers, haha! But, I recently made a materialistic and evil sim, so if I get a butler, that would change (according to his character values :) )!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    i usually build them there own room/bathroom, with great quality finishing
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Butlers don't ever use a bathroom, I think, but well,

I've seen butlers taking baths in my game.

Mostly, I give them a bed in their own room. Oh yeh, I give all my hired help a $100 tip around Winterfest.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    Butlers don't ever use a bathroom, I think, but well,

I've seen butlers taking baths in my game.

Mostly, I give them a bed in their own room. Oh yeh, I give all my hired help a $100 tip around Winterfest.

agreed

my butlers

eat
    sleep
    use the bathroom
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I try not to run them ragged but most of mine end up dying of starvation randomly. Why do we always get old people for butlers. Playing the sims *hires the butler* Okay lets assign a bedroom* *three sim days later* Wow I'm surprised the butler liv- *Hslajkfh is dying!*
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2019
    My butler has a basic room but is well treated by the family. He doesn't have his own bathroom, he uses the family one.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My Butler's eat, sleep, and use their washroom. They seem to tend to all of their needs which is why I can't figure out why they all died on their fourth day with my family. The first one was no there so I figured it was just old age. But after the next three in a row, which one are the elders, I gave up on having Butler's
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Unfortunately, I always fire them after 4 days because they just never do what they need to do. I am surprised a lot of people have had their butlers die lol Most of my butlers had a room, bathroom, and access to food so that their needs were met. Sometimes they still complain that they don't sleep??. When it comes to doing the actual work, they stand around doing nothing, leave trash everywhere, leave the laundry in the machines but don't turn them on, etc. I have reset them. I even praise them or tip them to see if they start doing doing their job better or faster, but no success. They're useless in my game LOL so I gave up on butlers.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    It depends what I wants to do with my Butlers, but most of the time I make sure the Butler has their own room, socialize with them, give them the occasional days off, plus 100 to 10,000 tips, just depends on how well they've worked through out the week. In general I treat the butlers like a live in unplayable roommate.

Some butlers I hire are lazy and just want to read their books, others do cooking, clean, wash dishes and water plants if there are plants, but sometimes I will have to tell them what to do, but most times when they need to sleep, I have to make them go to sleep. One thing that bugs me is the Butlers have very randomized names, names that are hard to pronounce for me, so that needs fixing. Oh and fix butlers to go to bed when it's night time, and not force players to click on them and tell them to "Go to bed" every time.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    It is funny how most of my butlers die of starvation or old age almost after I hire them. I don't run them ragged they just won't do what they need for themselves..
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    The only butler I've played was amazing! His name was Ace, and he did everything I could ever ask. He watered the plants, cooked a meal each day, put the kids to bed, helped them with their homework, etc etc. I made him a cozy corner of the house with a desk, books, chess table, and his own bathroom fit with a shower/tub. He never really spent time in there other than to sleep though :/ but I guess that's just how butlers work.

What ended up happening was the parents died one after the other, so half the kids went to live with their maternal grandmother while their step-siblings moved in with Ace. He became their adopted dad, so he was literally a part of the family :,)

Here's one of the few pictures I got of him! Dearly missed
    uiVRVVf.png