Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of feature do you want to see in The Sims 5?

I know TS4 will be ongoing for years (and I love that), but they couldn't change some major features in the game to leave it for the next series.

What kind of feature do you want to see in The Sims 5? 144 votes

Open world (like TS3)
28%
catmom1987GRIMMYIdontrcallalexspoom13candystormPlayerSinger2010WillowG145SusiechanNivyxzagboorulesBariSaxy3PupDLSspice3Mikado-chanwormstache999mariajane216tnb494SummerStreakSavvySimmieAspenSims 41 votes
Open neighborhood
23%
auroraael14OneAdorkableGirlBloodC24CynnaCinebardetermigJennyggkatka_kynclovajcp011c2GracieO312doogerieThenyoukissmemelicoxSimsSocietyInforjssimEvaliyncryskChambersNTamakiSakura84BabySquare 34 votes
First person view
0%
Bagoas77 1 vote
Editable world
16%
Writin_RegJadedJaneMagdaleenastilljustme2simmietimetaydevClassicalSimHarukotyanMoonfoxNightcryLemon405TomaTericatitude5texxx78TechbiltshadownightfireElderSimChildKarababy52Susim62RedShoe7Shadowmarked 24 votes
Public transport
1%
Isa_Menezeskappowan 2 votes
Banking system
4%
Isb917simgirl1010g01denswanDoloresGreyEvilyn_1007kaiwrysimsevelewis 7 votes
Height differences
8%
icmnfrshateKnaIrdiwenDJQ1308AngelluluEowynCarterBriel24ElizabethMcChadSims2Internal_ChaosAgustín CornejoEvie0602 12 votes
Multiple life stages (10++)
5%
Francl27tadeoalonso2BeeBellsbirdonawireListentoToppDoggBabycakelingsqueenvortex808gimmiemoreblair 8 votes
Others (comment)
10%
drake_mccartyBluelleelelunicy12JEREMIAAavinaashElenPinkEmmaVanex_Always_Heart_xSigzy05EnkiSchmidtxMarianxJordan061102SimskristanerdfashionJasper7702 15 votes

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Others (comment)
    All of them except for First Person. This is just so dang unnecessary for me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Open world (like TS3)
    Open world is the biggest one I want. Editable worlds would be nice too. I don't want 10+ life stages - that's just unnecessary.
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Open world is the biggest one I want. Editable worlds would be nice too. I don't want 10+ life stages - that's just unnecessary.

Isn't there like 7 stages in TS4?

Baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder, adding maybe 3 more like preteen/tween, something between toddler and child, and something between adult and elder, jusy that Sims will last longer.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Others (comment)
    New and returning radio stations
    • Pop (from all base game of The Sims 2-4)
    • Rock (from the base game of The Sims and 70s 80s and 90s Stuff)
    • Electronic Dance (newer station similar to Techno in House Party, The Sims 2 base game, and Electronica in The Sims 3-4 base games)
    • Hip-Hop (from The Sims 2 base game, Late Night, and Get Famous)
    • R&B (from The Sims 2 base game, Pets III, and Wedding Day Stuff)
    • Sim Retro (from The Sims 4 base game)
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Editable world
    Editable worlds for sure. It’s very irritating to me that there is so much room on some of the maps we have now and no way to add more lots or get rid of all the obnoxious playground parks and other stuff.

As much as I enjoyed open world, I could live with just open neighborhoods.

I don’t see the point of most of the other options, tbh. I don’t want to deal with public transport and have to juggle catching a bus at the correct time when we currently have to deal with it taking Sims multiple hours to eat a sandwich, or wander halfway across the lot and up 3 flights of stairs to wash dishes in the bathroom.

I wouldn’t mind a bit more control over finance, like being able to set how funds are divided when a sim moves out, or the ability to determine who inherits when a sim dies, but I don’t want sims paying loans and such.

I don’t need any more life stages. There’s a fine line between making things overly realistic and fussy, and covering the basics. Right now we have a nice balance and can use our imaginations and god-like powers to enforce the minutiae.

Adjustable height is just asking for more bugs and frustration. I don’t want my game bogged down with nonsense like having to constantly adjust the height of things for Sims who can’t reach, and the awkward animations between shorty and the giant. We already seem to be getting cheated as is on animations that require real interaction between sims, adding in variable height isn’t going to make things like slow dancing and walking hand-in-hand easier to animate.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Banking system
    Out of the features polled I'd choose a banking system. I'd like family members to have their own funds separate from household fund. Allowances for children and teens. Boarders who pay rent, etc.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    Editable worlds for sure. It’s very irritating to me that there is so much room on some of the maps we have now and no way to add more lots or get rid of all the obnoxious playground parks and other stuff.

As much as I enjoyed open world, I could live with just open neighborhoods.

I don’t see the point of most of the other options, tbh. I don’t want to deal with public transport and have to juggle catching a bus at the correct time when we currently have to deal with it taking Sims multiple hours to eat a sandwich, or wander halfway across the lot and up 3 flights of stairs to wash dishes in the bathroom.

I wouldn’t mind a bit more control over finance, like being able to set how funds are divided when a sim moves out, or the ability to determine who inherits when a sim dies, but I don’t want sims paying loans and such.

I don’t need any more life stages. There’s a fine line between making things overly realistic and fussy, and covering the basics. Right now we have a nice balance and can use our imaginations and god-like powers to enforce the minutiae.

Adjustable height is just asking for more bugs and frustration. I don’t want my game bogged down with nonsense like having to constantly adjust the height of things for Sims who can’t reach, and the awkward animations between shorty and the giant. We already seem to be getting cheated as is on animations that require real interaction between sims, adding in variable height isn’t going to make things like slow dancing and walking hand-in-hand easier to animate.

Yes, I'd really like to delete those playgrounds. I'd also like to close off my road (without creating a routing problem) to cars. (Even though players don't have them in S4, there are still the NPC cars that go speeding down roads. I hated that in S3 and still hate it.)

Most of the items in the poll seem like 'nice to haves'. I'd rather they focus on the Sims themselves, with better AI and more complex personalities. It seems like AI has taken huge leaps in the past five years, and you would hope that with a fresh, new game, they could take advantage of that.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    Editable world
    Open world is something I want back, but I would have to say that editable worlds is something I miss even more. I wouldn't mind the small worlds and lack of lots if we were able to make our own. I would like to see personalization and creativity for the players come back to the sims.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Open neighborhood
    I understand the challenges and game resources needed to have a fully open world again, so I am willing to compromise and wish for just an open neighborhood. 5-8 lots. But we need bigger worlds as well, 30-40 lots instead of the ~20 we get now.

Also, need a color palette if not a color wheel, giving us at least some standard options to recolor at our choice with at least the very basic 8-16 colors.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Editable world
    For me I want open world AND Editable worlds - but we can't seem to check both - but just one will not do - need both!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Height differences
    These are hard choices with three great options height differences, multiple life stages and editable world. I probably should of went with multiple life stages even though I only care to see preteens and unleashed babies so I went with height differences because I feel the elders we have now can be fixed to feel more elderly with walk styles canes and more face masks wrinkle options so adding in more would just be a waste besides the two I listed. Had it just been update babies and add preteens it would of got my vote for sure.

Also first person is already in the game that horrible feature was patched in awhile back.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Open world (like TS3)

Isn't there like 7 stages in TS4?

Baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder, adding maybe 3 more like preteen/tween, something between toddler and child, and something between adult and elder, jusy that Sims will last longer.

We don't need tweens, anything between toddler and child or anything between adults and elders.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Others (comment)
    I would like sims 5 to start with basic weather and basic pets
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Others (comment)
    You should have put ''better personalities'' like in TS2.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    Editable world
    I think the baby, toddler, child, teen, Young adult, adult, elder stages were completely fine. I think the problem lies in the fact that there isn't much difference between teen, ya, and adult. So to me, they feel like basically the same thing. The only difference is Teens go to school, but without a tooltip telling me what life stage they are while hovering over the sim I can't tell those three ages apart.
  • PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    Open neighborhood
    GET RID OF LOADING SCREENS!!! I literally just want to be able to visit my neighbour why should I have to wait to go next door.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Multiple life stages (10++)
    I want a lot of these features, but more life stages is a necessity for me. The current options are too limiting imo. In my opinion we should have newborn (0), infant (8-9 mo), toddler (2), child (6-7), pre-teen (9-10), teen (15-16), YA (18-25), Adult (35-40), elder (70+).

My 2nd pick would be height sliders.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Others (comment)
    Of the options Editable world, otherwise CASt.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Others (comment)
    Layered clothing.
    Color wheel/hue for clothing, hair, furniture, etc.
    Having to shop for food ingredients, recipes, books and clothing.
    Sims eating with a knife and fork.
    Shorter teens.
    Dynamic weather system from the bat with rain, fog, lighting and cloudy weather.
    Active/self employment careers.
    Cars and buses.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Open world (like TS3)
    Open World. It is 2019 and might be 2021 when the game is released. Backwards is not forwards
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2019
    Open neighborhood
    Open Neighborhood. I would not be bothered by a loading screen to enter a different (Huge) neighborhood. By neighborhood I don't mean ten lots. :s I don't mean one street. I mean a district. A district can have over one hundred homes and businesses in them. Have it's own flavor, Manhatten isn't the Bronx. And a loading screen between the two is o.k. with me. San Fransisco isn't L.A. nor San Jose. And they don't have just one street with a handfull of houses or shops. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019
    Open world (like TS3)
    3D maps should really return! It just looks way better and those Sims 4 2D maps are often not accurate representations of the world, as many details are wrong.
    sims3-roaring-heights-036.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    Others (comment)
    Several of the options: Open neighbourhood, editable world, public transport, banking system, height difference, and multiple lifestages, not 10+ but at least a few more than we have now. I’m not as interested in the other options.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited May 2019
    Open world (like TS3)
    I want open world to return, not only because to me it is just an obvious step forward, but also because I hate not being able to multitask in The Sims 4. Editable neighborhoods are also a big must. The Sims 4 is such a major step back, it's like The Sims 1, and that is bad. Also, I want to see gradual aging and height differences. Those are things that I think The Sims 4 should have tackled, if only they had been the slightest bit of ambitious with it like TS2 and TS3. =/
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Editable world
    Yes, I'd really like to delete those playgrounds. I'd also like to close off my road (without creating a routing problem) to cars. (Even though players don't have them in S4, there are still the NPC cars that go speeding down roads. I hated that in S3 and still hate it.)

Most of the items in the poll seem like 'nice to haves'. I'd rather they focus on the Sims themselves, with better AI and more complex personalities. It seems like AI has taken huge leaps in the past five years, and you would hope that with a fresh, new game, they could take advantage of that.

I couldn’t agree more! The AI and personalities, Sims themselves, need serious work. There’s just no depth at all to them. 😕