Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broomstick Animation In Unused Sims Mobile Reel

Hey, everyone! So I was checking up on some of my favorite Sims news websites, and one of them posted yesterday about a find from one of TSM's animators' portfolio.
I did a little bit of additional research, and realized that the animation reel was not released this month, but instead, in November of 2018.

G1pPQlL.png

I'm curious to know what you guys think! These assets are [obviously] not in TSM at this time, but since content packs usually take a certain amount of time to develop, I think we may be heading in the direction of Witches. :)

Comments

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Wow! Thank you for the picture! I hope we will get witches for The Sims 4 at some point :)
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    This is just torture at this point.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    That's great! But I hope they won't be limited to just Witches. I'm hoping they expand them like with Vampires and give us a variety of magical types to play.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hey, everyone! So I was checking up on some of my favorite Sims news websites, and one of them posted yesterday about a find from one of TSM's animators' portfolio.
    I did a little bit of additional research, and realized that the animation reel was not released this month, but instead, in November of 2018.

G1pPQlL.png

I'm curious to know what you guys think! These assets are [obviously] not in TSM at this time, but since content packs usually take a certain amount of time to develop, I think we may be heading in the direction of Witches. :)

This asset was seen in the Sims Mobile during the Halloween event! I took screenshots of the interaction.
    They have the fortune telling table, the Michael Jackson's Thriller Dance, and the interaction where they show off the broom stick

This is the thread where I posted about it:

SHOW OFF YOUR HALLOWEEN SPIRIT!
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »

G1pPQlL.png

This asset was seen in the Sims Mobile during the Halloween event! I took screenshots of the interaction.
    They have the fortune telling table, the Michael Jackson's Thriller Dance, and the interaction where they show off the broom stick

This is the thread where I posted about it:

SHOW OFF YOUR HALLOWEEN SPIRIT!

OHH!! Alright, thank you so much for that confirmation. I think it wouldn't hurt to share the information on Sims Community's blog post, since some people were also under the impression of it being linked to witches. :p
  • Options
    Oh no problem! I've been excited for witches since I saw that in-game on the mobile. I always look for little hints in the mobile ever since I saw Izzy Fabulous on PC lol Feel free to share the thread!
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Not related but sorta related, in SM, there's the waterfront and a marine biologist, and an observation I've made is that everything in Sm is put into Sims 4 at some point. Does that mean there will be a waterfront/island world and a marine biologist career?
  • Options
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Not related but sorta related, in SM, there's the waterfront and a marine biologist, and an observation I've made is that everything in Sm is put into Sims 4 at some point. Does that mean there will be a waterfront/island world and a marine biologist career?

Not sure if they would add everything into PC, but hopefully! I always enjoy new content. If they include it, maybe it'd be in an island pack or something.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »

Not sure if they would add everything into PC, but hopefully! I always enjoy new content. If they include it, maybe it'd be in an island pack or something.

Yeah, but I think that they would bring an island pack into the game due to demand. It's the 2nd most requested pack behind University. It's probably tied with Supernatural and Farming, but I think an island pack has moire demand personally since it fits more with all game play styles.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Not exactly. Most of the stuff in the mobile game is taken directly from the pc game. It has a few exclusive things, but none of that has been added to the PC game.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    You cannot use mobile content in our game period.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    There’s a Modpack that’s out where there’s a broomstick the sims can ride in circles. It’s pretty cool looking and really amazing that they were able to implement that into the game.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    There’s a Modpack that’s out where there’s a broomstick the sims can ride in circles. It’s pretty cool looking and really amazing that they were able to implement that into the game.

Mods are a totally different animal - and the fact remains modders are still somewhat limited by what program is in the game already they can utilize. Often there is programming in the game put there by Maxis but not used for other reasons - like stability, updates, and a whole lew of other reasons. Modders have to change with every update if they use unused tech in the game when new tech changes - Maxis replaces out old tech for new. It's a whole different world between the makers of the game and modders that just play the game too.

Now if that is in the game for some other reason - like future stuff - you do realize that as a mod it will get broken because Maxis is not going to just use it - they will update and change it. That is the one problem with mod packs and why I never use them in developing games as I try to limit obsolete stuff in my pc as much as possible - besides I hate cleaning registries which sometimes happens when technology changes or having to reset my pc - it is a nightmare on a system like mine - lol....

I pick my battles carefully with tech - and will just abide hoping for that kind of thing to come to the game - working with just what we get. Besides i see no point to fake a witch - I'd rather wait for the real deal other wise I'd surely have to change it again.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I've seen that mod pack. I'm just ridiculously frustrated that in order to have a witch, I need to take up one of the very few slots we have for personalities. I'd rather have an actual life state like aliens and vampires.
  • Options
    PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    :# I'm not that occult type of gameplay..
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Mods are a totally different animal - and the fact remains modders are still somewhat limited by what program is in the game already they can utilize. Often there is programming in the game put there by Maxis but not used for other reasons - like stability, updates, and a whole lew of other reasons. Modders have to change with every update if they use unused tech in the game when new tech changes - Maxis replaces out old tech for new. It's a whole different world between the makers of the game and modders that just play the game too.

Now if that is in the game for some other reason - like future stuff - you do realize that as a mod it will get broken because Maxis is not going to just use it - they will update and change it. That is the one problem with mod packs and why I never use them in developing games as I try to limit obsolete stuff in my pc as much as possible - besides I hate cleaning registries which sometimes happens when technology changes or having to reset my pc - it is a nightmare on a system like mine - lol....

I pick my battles carefully with tech - and will just abide hoping for that kind of thing to come to the game - working with just what we get. Besides i see no point to fake a witch - I'd rather wait for the real deal other wise I'd surely have to change it again.

You always do this to me...

• Options

I've seen that mod pack. I'm just ridiculously frustrated that in order to have a witch, I need to take up one of the very few slots we have for personalities. I'd rather have an actual life state like aliens and vampires.

There was a mod I saw for more trait slots. Don’t know who it was by as I was just browsing, but maybe you could look into it? :)