Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things from sims 4 I would like to keep in sims 5.

Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
I read a few rumors about sims 5 being in the works. I know there is nothing official yet, but just in case I would like to point out a few things I really would like to see return. I was inspired by this thead: things from sims 3 we miss in sims 4, so here is the version of sims 4 things you would miss in sims 5.

While sims 4 is lacking in many ways (this has been covered more than enough in other threads) they did a few things right. Improvements/features we have not seen in previous games and which are really adding to the game.

- club system: connecting a group of sims to hang out together and set activities for them is a very useful feature. Especially the customization options make this a really versatile piece of gameplay.
- the calender: Sims finally can look forward to events like birthdays, plan weddings in advance, check the weather forecast. Even without the holidays, yet again a very customizable great feature, the calender by itself is a nice addition too.
- the filter system in CAS. If you want a casual everyday dress as a nightgown, you can. If you want your sims to dress fancy all the time in formal attire, you can. We finally get to decide ourselves if a certain piece of clothing can be used in a specific category, even if we don't agree with the default settings of the development team. Also the gender options are nice, though I only really use it for hairstyles.

Comments

• TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I totally agree with the CAS/bb filters and the calendar, for me jury is still out on the club system, used it once and I didn't really care for it.

I like that build and buy mode are same in 4 and think that's something that should continue with future generations, I also really like how they did toddlers for 4 as well.

And I like the cartoony look of the characters, and I hope they continue to stray from realism and keep the clay/cartoon look.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Agree with all. Also like the gallery in the game on sims 4. Very useful and super easy to get new creations from members all over.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hair + Hat, not many games have that feature or so I think
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    The calendar and the mentioned CAS filters are nice, as are the TS4 building tools (dragging walls to resize rooms). I also like Parenthood character values and the emotion system (compared to simple positive/negative buffs in TS3) though it could be improved.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
    > @izecson said:
    > Hair + Hat, not many games have that feature or so I think

Tell me about that, as a World of Warcraft player. Helmet hair, sigh.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Ts4's removal of gender boundaries. I'd like to see that continued in ts5. And that's the only positive thought that I have for ts4.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The ease with which you can shuffle households and tinker with the sims. While CAS has a lot of nice qualities, it would be nice to be able to click on faces to do blending of features as in TS2. There are also many areas of detailing that I find easier with sliders.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    The building are also very good, unfortunately still lacking a few things like spiral staircases but the room based building is an improvement to past series.
    The ease with which you can shuffle households and tinker with the sims. While CAS has a lot of nice qualities, it would be nice to be able to click on faces to do blending of features as in TS2. There are also many areas of detailing that I find easier with sliders.

I also miss the ability to blend features.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I agree with the OP and actually I would like to have the calendar and clubs as basegame features since they are really important and the next iteration should be more immersive and rich.

I think these 5 things that @LiELF mentioned in another thread should be essential for TS5 as well.

LiELF wrote: »
    1. The return of rotational play - This is the number one most important feature to my personal play style, and it was originally eliminated from Sims 3, which is what made me dislike that game so much and ditch out after the base game. When it was shoehorned back in, it was clunky and conditional and complicated because the game was never intended to have it in the first place. Sims 4 brought it back, and although I still have some issues with some loss of player control (births happen on their own, Sims are chosen by the game for jobs against the player's wishes) I still see it as a huge improvement because I can actually play the game again.

2. The ability to travel between any and all worlds and relocate Sims without penalties - This feature is absolutely an improvement over previous games. If we lost this feature to return to single world play, I would riot. Moving forward, the series should always include this, even if it means a loading screen between worlds. Being able to change environments, or move our Sims to a new world/neighborhood when an expansion comes out, while maintaining relationships, careers, etc, is progress.

3. The ability to edit and delete townies and played households with ease - I love this feature and I use it all the time. It is so convenient to be able to just go through and delete the excessive pear-shaped townies or weird game-generated npcs. Sometimes I'll just jump in and update some of my households, like when Seasons came out and I had to give everyone Summer and Winter outfits. Just being able to do that from the map view and not having to jump into each and every household first is a godsend. This needs to carry over so the player retains the ability to edit the townies as we see fit.

4. The Gallery - This isn't really part of the game itself, but the accessible Gallery is an extremely helpful feature to those of us who can't build worth a penny and don't like the Maxis builds. I used to have to go to external websites to find builds that I liked, download them, and then make sure I put them into the appropriate game folder while my game was closed. Now, being able to just open up the Gallery and grab builds to change a segment of the neighborhood in game to suit my preferred theme is very handy. I've seen people who love to download Sims because they don't want to take a lot of time to make specific faces or they have trouble making unique Sims. Plus, it allows people to share their creations with other players with ease. I love, love, love the Gallery.

5. CAS - The CAS in Sims 4 is the best so far. There are so many different parts of a Sim that can be adjusted that, for the first time, I've been able to make really good likenesses of real life people and celebrities without any CC. The addition of cultural varieties in the hair and clothing and added skin tones have really branched out the selections so that Sims actually have a diversity that is distinguishable. Thick hair, curly hair, and wavy hair in varieties are finally a Thing. And the Unisex patch was one of the best additions to the base game they've ever done. I have wanted unisex clothing and hair since Sims 2 but the games have always been limiting in that way. This is a giant leap forward and I love it.

Also some of the features in Build mode such as the ability to copy rooms and pull and turn individual rooms at will.
    Another thing included in the base game should be after school activities for teens and kids like we have now.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited May 2019
    Calendar and customizable holidays for sure.
  • Momo_MoonMomo_Moon Posts: 18 Member
    Honestly, I really love the Sims 4- I think a few things could be improved upon, though. I would like for Sims 5 to be almost a mix between Sims 3 and Sims 4.
    What I also like is the fact that the space between lots on the individual maps are used more than in TS3 where it was just plant and rock/gem spawners. Now, there are food stands and playground items as well.
    And, if they keep the calories system that seems to be in TS4 food, to make it more transparent: make foods show at least some base categories (low/medium/high/very high energy value, for example).

On the other hand, I'd like to see the return of the ability to fish in any water and to swim in the lakes/sea. And fitness channel on TV/radio with the ability to work out to that - it was a nice for fresh saves without buying a treadmill right away.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    And fitness channel on TV/radio with the ability to work out to that - it was a nice for fresh saves without buying a treadmill right away.

Fitness stuff pack brings this back.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2019
    Personally I won’t be interested in Sims 5 when they transfer too many Sims 4 features. The club system is too static for me (I don’t want sims to behave predictable, I actually need them to behave unpredictable to have fun, I want them to surprise me). The emotion system could be nice to work with in the future but NOT when they link those emotions to random, shallow auras that have absolutely nothing to do with human nature or behaviour. I’d love some of the building tools, but if they’ll repeat the no CASt thing I won’t build anyway. In which case, yes, of course the Gallery is a nice touch, though not enough to carry a game. The only way I could be interested in this game without CASt, would be if it would be really great in other fields.

What I’d absolutely want in a Sims 5 is sims with personalities and a complex social set up. Them remembering things and treating other sims based on what happened yesterday, or the day before. If I invite sims over I want to be able to see that kind of person they are. I don’t want them to all be identical and react identical. Less show, more depth.

(needless to say I’d desperately want open world and CASt back in a Sims 5, and the ability to control every sim in my household at all times)(and sure, rotational play for those who like that, but please a good SP system as well, for players like me)

If they’d make it possible to travel between larger worlds, I’d want those worlds to have their own citizens by the way. I don’t like the showing up of the very same sims just everywhere.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Only the graphics with a bit of improvement, specially hairs. Building have some good features but I don't like foundations in The Sims 4... I think the previous method was better.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The lighting.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I really like the push-and-pull CAS compared to sliders. I think it's very well done in this game. In other games I usually hate it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    They could put seasons right from the beginning too. In fact, they should put a little of all the expansions from the start so we could get new stuff instead of buying the same stuff for the fifth time.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Although I think many of these things can be improved on this is some of what I want/need in the next iteration that is in the current game off the top of my head.

CAS based things - fairly intuitive pull to shape bodies and faces. Muscle and fat variations while building in CAS then of course in playing..
    Gradual body changes due to lifestyle is a keeper.
    Things like wearing hats with all hair styles, and maternity wear being freed up.
    Art Style - I really like this art style personally, some advancements would be appreciated of course.
    Keep rotational play without forced progression (should be optional).
    The Gallery but with more working options to personalize searches.
    Built in game play "cheats" in the form of rewards that are not too hard to get (so I don't have to mod these things in).
    Ability to switch aspirations readily.
    Multitasking is an absolute need.
    Fluidity in animation is an absolute need.
    Push and pull building tools and drop in rooms and builds.
    Build on the fly ability on community and other lots .. without going in and out of the household. I'd love this to be expanded on.
    Expanded game play per activity.
    Careers not being rabbit holes (I like any that we have now with variety excluding the pure rabbit hole jobs). The less rabbit holes the better.
    Gender options/ freedom. Should be in the next game from the beginning.
    Purchasable reward traits (not saying they can't be different, but I love the ease of choosing these).
    I also very, very much appreciate that I can run the vanilla game with all packs just as well as I did when I got the base game. Please keep that important.

egTcBMc.png
    @Hermitgirl
    As a control freak, I prefer rabbit hole careers as it makes me control fewer sims at once. With TS4 style (can't control all sims over the world like in TS3) I could not play an active career as it'd mean leaving the other sims without control. I'd be more up for mixed careers like the gardener is (can choose to be home or away) or the freelancers (can take tasks that require them to go elsewhere).

As for rewards, reward traits are great though I'd love the return of some TS3 reward gadgets such as food replicator, moodlet manager (great for both helping out of a bad situation and trolling NPCs) and hover bed.

@telmarina
    good to know though it's a pity to be walled behind a DLC.
    Hejix wrote: »
    They could put seasons right from the beginning too. In fact, they should put a little of all the expansions from the start so we could get new stuff instead of buying the same stuff for the fifth time.

I absolutely agree. I think this was one of the main reasons why sims 4 was so badly received when it launched. Sims 2 and 3 both had features from the EP's from the previous iteration in the base game at the start. (sims 2 was the first base game with lots to visit, sims 3 started with gardening and fishing and cars)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Build on the fly ability on community and other lots .. without going in and out of the household. I'd love this to be expanded on.

I love this feature. As someone who downloads all my lots I find some of them not very well thought out for actual game play and it is so easy to just enter build mode and change, add or remove, what's necessary.
  • kaspertellykaspertelly Posts: 23 Member
    There is no need for a SIMS 5! The graphics on the SIMS 4 look great as it is. I love the fact that EA made it possible for people with old generation computers to still be able to play the latest SIMS game. The only reason there should ever be a SIMS 5 or if there is going to be a SIMS 5, it would be for the addition of ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.
    There is no need for a SIMS 5! The graphics on the SIMS 4 look great as it is. I love the fact that EA made it possible for people with old generation computers to still be able to play the latest SIMS game. The only reason there should ever be a SIMS 5 or if there is going to be a SIMS 5, it would be for the addition of ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.

Multiplayer functions are not on my list for sims 5, quite the contrary. I like to be able to play offline. I want to control sims in my game and not depend on what other people decide in their game. I would have to stop playing if I am forced to be online when other players who influenced my game are online.

I want to be able to tell my story the way I like it and play when it suits me in real life. I don't know if my gameplay style is compatible with multiplayer.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I would also like to keep toddlers. I don't want them coming late!
    funny-gifs20.gif