Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Supernatural is long overdue

Time keeps going on and this franchise is scant of Supernatural Life states. Look at how long it's been since The Vampire release. We are in dire need of Witches, Werewolves, Fairies, Genies and Mermaids to balance the scales since they are currently leaning heavily on realism. The Sims franchises always incorporated magical themes over the years to keep the game interesting and now it's been too long.
And while I'm here with hundreds of fantasy players waiting for the pack, I bet they're gonna wrap up this year without even introducing some supernatural elements to the game anyway.
tenor.gif?itemid=5444781

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    As a huge supernatural fan, I couldn't agree more! As much as I love TS4, I am feeling the lack of occults and it is something I really miss from TS3. Vampires will always be my favourite, but I've been waiting ever since for their pet rival werewolves to join them. As I've commented before on this, I'm starting to feel like Old Rose from the Titanic film saying "It's been 84 years..." :D TS3 Supernatural EP was one of my favourites and to see something like it but better in TS4 is right at the top of my wishlist (though I don't expect it to come true. We may need Genies first for that). I wouldn't mind individual occult GPs, but my fear then is that we would only get witches, and - while I do want witches, just not as much as others - it would just feel incomplete to me without werewolves and possibly fairies too. Witches, werewolves and fairies are the fundamental occults after vampires for me, so I really hope we at least get those three at some point. I could also see mermaids making a return perhaps in a Tropical Paradise type pack. Any more would also be an unexpected bonus!
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I hope that we get witches and other occults asap!
    I just watched American Dad episode today that had witches in it and oh boy I started missing TS3 and it's witches..
    I might actually go back to TS3 just to enjoy some magic!
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I hope I do get to see a supernatural ep because I have never played any sims game with supernatural.
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    I am also a huge supernatural fan. I really miss having Witches, Werewolves, Fairies, Genies and Mermaids. Vampires will always be my favorite but I have also played the others from time to time. Recently I had to redo my computer and re-install everything and as yet I have not installed Sims 3. However, I am really thinking about installing it because I miss having the supernaturals to play with. I really hope they come out with a Supernatural EP SOON with all the supernaturals (Witches, Werewolves, Fairies, Genies and Mermaids). Also, it would be nice if they would fix it so that you can create a vampire from the start instead of having to be turned or download one.

Maybe if we get enough people to respond to this thread and show how much support there is for a Supernatural EP we will get one.
    I can dream right ??? LOL
  • xbackxback Posts: 22 Member
    I can't imagine the Sims without a proper supernatural pack, or even an uni pack. I've been waiting for other supernaturals since the vampire pack came out, but it doesn't seem like we'll bet getting it soon ://
    Also, it would be nice if they would fix it so that you can create a vampire from the start instead of having to be turned or download one.
    From what I remember, there isn't a bug like that? There should be a button to make a vampire sim when you want to create a second sim, just not the first sim, I think.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    xback wrote: »
    Also, it would be nice if they would fix it so that you can create a vampire from the start instead of having to be turned or download one.
    From what I remember, there isn't a bug like that? There should be a button to make a vampire sim when you want to create a second sim, just not the first sim, I think.

Yes, you can create a vampire in CAS in the same way as aliens, in fact I did a few days ago. The only occult you can't do this with are ghosts, although there are ways of getting around this.
  • explxsive_explxsive_ Posts: 9 New Member
    honestly dying for supernaturals at this point, think it would be really funky if they could bring hybrids into it and maybe the option to send them to like a magical school, something new yanno
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    We will get witches I can see that. But to be honest, I'm not sure about the other supernaturals :/
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited May 2019
    Nyx has made a mod for every single thing you said in that post.

Also, Strangerville came out, did it not? I'd count that as Supernatural.
    And the Mother Plant really is a genie if you revive her after you finish the story.
    A
    I
    I
    I
    I
    Strangerville spoilers.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited May 2019
    I wholeheartedly disagree with your bet. Just because one year had no Supernatural elements to it doesn't mean all years will be. That's a fallacy. And no, @nerdfashion, I don't count Strangerville because it's not what Supernatural players were looking for. A magical-themed world with supernatural skills and occults. Not The Sims 4: Stranger Things.

Yes, Strangerville is supernatural. Just the wrong kind. And modders should be adding onto as well as improving an already existing game. Not adding content that should already be in the game. Remember, the Sims 4 isn't ending anytime soon. Grant tweeted, before he deleted it, that the Sims 4 will be going on longer than 3 years. (which is what he implied originally, but for some reasons, folks assumed it was 3 years exactly)

This all being said... yes, it's taken too long since the last occult-themed pack. If the team doesn't add at least one by the end of 2019, I'm going to be pretty vocal about it.

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Alright. I respect your opinion, as long as you respect mine.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited May 2019
    Nyx has made a mod for every single thing you said in that post.

Also, Strangerville came out, did it not? I'd count that as Supernatural.
    And the Mother Plant really is a genie if you revive her after you finish the story.
    A
    I
    I
    I
    I
    Strangerville spoilers.

Some people don't use mods for one reason or another.

Strangerville is awesome--I combined it with plant Sims for a more supernatural vibe, but what makes Vampires so interesting is the fact that you have choices as to what kind of vampire you're going to be, like you have choices for what type of celebrity you will be. It's really well developed, and while there have been other supernatural states (all of them except aliens being temporary), none of them involve any extra choices, and (again, except aliens) the only "powers" you get are different needs. (The ghosts don't even get that, which I still don't get...if skeletons don't need food and bathrooms, why do ghosts??)

I think it is more than fair to say there hasn't been a fully fleshed-out new life state since Vampires. No puns about the skeletons intended.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I love occult Sims but TS3 Supernatural was just overkill. I never felt like I was able to give each one its fair shake playwise. The graphical issues with wings on fairies were offputting for me (especially sitting on top of the clothing layer) and most of the fun stuff with fairies happened when they were in mini mode which meant just another rabbit hole. And werewolves were just silly -- really, hitting them on the nose with a newspaper? If we're going to get more occults I want them to get the same respect as Vampires were given with a skills tree and other enhancements. Vampires proved that they can get occults right -- it's just the matter of the right time.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I love occult Sims but TS3 Supernatural was just overkill. I never felt like I was able to give each one its fair shake playwise. The graphical issues with wings on fairies were offputting for me (especially sitting on top of the clothing layer) and most of the fun stuff with fairies happened when they were in mini mode which meant just another rabbit hole. And werewolves were just silly -- really, hitting them on the nose with a newspaper? If we're going to get more occults I want them to get the same respect as Vampires were given with a skills tree and other enhancements. Vampires proved that they can get occults right -- it's just the matter of the right time.

Sims 3 was definitely overkill (more supernaturals than EP's) but the reaction in sims 4 is the other extreme (1 supernatural in 6 EP's and 1 in 7 GP's) .

Aliens are nice to have but after the release of vampires they feel rather shallow. Vampires are done great but they are just one type of supernatural. If you want to really enjoy a supernatural with power and perks it's vampires or nothing at all.

What is sad is all the temporary states like plantsims and skeletons. They just feel as missed opportunities. Same for the weirdness in strangetown. This GP would have been a good pack to include a proper life state.

I would like to see more supernaturals return but as things look now, I think we don't have to expect more than one or two over the next few years.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    the only way i would not mind such an ep is if they include toggles to turn off the lifestate itself since if i buy the expansionpack it would be only for the content it offers not the lifestate itself, because as a player of the sim i am not the supernatural type of player i prefer normal human sims.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    I agree entirely with this (as i will every single time the subject comes up)

I am always thrilled with even a tiny bit of new content geared twards my own interests, the wellness skill letting you basically tap into the force was a nice addition for my jedi household... but that's literally all they've gotten recently.

I'd honestly like to see more "supernatural/lightside" answers to vampire powers added over time the way "teleport" answers "mist form"

I don't understand the people who say "I'd rather this never be added if it doesn't have a toggle, it's bad enough that we have to deal with the tiny number of supernatural things already present in my mundane life simulator" The sims has always had supernatural elements to it, which you can easily ignore if they bother you.

At this point people wanting "normal" things are sitting at a fancy table feasting while people wanting fantasy and supernatural elements in their game are literally dying on the floor begging for scraps. That isn't the slightest bit fair, this game isn't just for people who want "normal" things, and the people who want more fantasy and supernatural elements are not a minority.

I loved the "Vampires" dlc, one of my favorite characters is a vampire that I've got an entire storyline built around.

I also love the fact that they added in aliens, though I wish they had done more with them than they did.

I'll be going through the military carrier on every member of a family that I made all on its own while digging through the strangerville mystery on another. Normal stuff on one end, supernatural on the other.

But I want magic, element and nature based magic preferably. Though witchcraft would be cool too. and faeries, elves, dragons, and various other new additions to my game so that I can build up new storylines and create new characters that wouldn't fit in the current game.

I have a ton of ideas for what I'll do with literally any content that they release regardless of if its "mundane life" or not but currently there aren't any options

You're either a fairly mundane alien or a super cool vampire who can't really comfortably work any of the currently available jobs, it would be nice if they add a few supernatural themed jobs in (fortune teller? psychic? druid/shaman?)

All they would really have to do is add in a town where all this stuff exists separate from the other towns similar to the way they did for vampires, and strangerville, then nobody can complain about it being there because if they see it its because they /chose/ to do so.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    I agree that supernatural players really got ignored so far. I do think though, instead of a supernatural EP, releasing individual GP would be better. It worked so well for Vampires because the focus was solely on them. Plus, people who don't like them have an easier time avoiding them.

I could see them sliding in one ot two new lifestates in an EP, similar to what they did with Aliens. A tropical themed EP could give us mermaids. They also might be able to combine witches with fairies in a GP: i imagine they'd be fairly similar. Then they could do another separate GP for Werewolves (Maybe they could even make it Werecreatures instead and add on: so you could be a werewolf, or a werecat, or even a weredinosaur or something.)

I feel like, with vampires, they already have the bare bones in place to do other occult lifestates much more easily. In theory, it should be easier for them to make now.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I agree we are over looked
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    1000000% agreed. And even plant sims are TEMPORARY! I don't even know how to GET one! It would have been so much easier to just include them in Seasons like they did in TS2.
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    I’m curious how big a percentage actually play occult at all though? I don’t really mind one way or the other, I’d buy it and I loved Makin magic, but I’ve only ever seen a ‘demand’ for supernatural in this forum, never with the youtubers or twitter or irl (I’m sure it exists, I just haven’t personally come across it...ever)maybe that’s why it’s being overlooked? It might just be a very vocal minority who want it but the majority won’t buy it? I honestly don’t know but I suspect that might be the case, I don’t think sims are just intentionally overlooking an area of huge demand.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited May 2019
    sunspriter wrote: »
    I’m curious how big a percentage actually play occult at all though? I don’t really mind one way or the other, I’d buy it and I loved Makin magic, but I’ve only ever seen a ‘demand’ for supernatural in this forum, never with the youtubers or twitter or irl (I’m sure it exists, I just haven’t personally come across it...ever)maybe that’s why it’s being overlooked? It might just be a very vocal minority who want it but the majority won’t buy it? I honestly don’t know but I suspect that might be the case, I don’t think sims are just intentionally overlooking an area of huge demand.

I personally don't think they are that much of a minority. Youtubers are also just stuck with what is there: they can't use it if its not a thing, and they can't just make videos constantly complaining about what isn't there. A big section of youtubers is just dedicated to building; another is challenges, etc. I can't speak for Twitter or anything else.

It is true that TS3 was in the height of the Twilight phase, and as that has died down there is likely less people with a paranormal itch to scratch. So it could be part of it.

More so, I think the real issue is that the supernatural players tend to be very separate from realistic players. VERY separate. In TS3, almost every other EP came with a new lifestate even outside of supernatural. We got mermaids, imaginary friends, genies, vampires, simbots, aliens, plant sims... it was almost a staple to expect a new lifestate for every EP. Get To Work was the first EP for TS4, and just as was trended in TS3, it came with a lifestate. And the community blew up over it... realistic players didn't want the aliens in their game and they couldn't be turned off, but they couldn't get the job content from Get To Work without it. People were also disappointed that aliens felt so bare bones. Then, we never really got life states in EP after that, and eventually we got Vampires as a GP which SHOULD have been a better fix. Separate the content so realistic players don't have to see it, and devote all your attention to the occult to better please the super natural players. And even still, people who didn't like the occult bought it then got upset they had vampires running around :/ Which was kind of the point of the GP...

For super natural players though, I think Vampires was well received because they were done so well. So I think they are just trying to find the balance to make the content available whilst also making it optional. With the release of Strangerville this year, and the poll asking for the most popular occult lifestate, I think they are trying to ease back into it.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    1000000% agreed. And even plant sims are TEMPORARY! I don't even know how to GET one! It would have been so much easier to just include them in Seasons like they did in TS2.

If you just go in the gallery and download a Forbidden Fruit Tree, eat from there and your Sim will be a Plant Sim for three days. (You have to keep their needs up, though, or they'll revert earlier.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited May 2019
    Man, I miss the TS3 days when we'd just get a new occult in every expansion.
    Did people complain as much back then??? Not that I know of. What happened?

We need more supernatural life states. Ignore the angry realistic players for once. Not everything should be catered to them, just ADD MORE OCCULTS.
    PLEASE, IT HAS BEEN TWO YEARS.....

Also, fix the ghosts and plantsims we already have:
    Ghosts shouldn't need a hunger and bladder bar. They're dead and don't have physical bodies anymore. Hunger should be a thing of their past.
    Plantsims need.. improvements in general. Actual plant hair. Actual plant skin. Make it permanent, being made out of plant matter shouldn't be a temporary thing!! Also, allow them to create plant children. More plant interactions.

Let hybrids be a thing. Alien/vampires can happen in gameplay, but they're incredibly glitchy.

And, make Sixam inhabitable!! And allow multiple sims to visit at once! Just having one lot to live on would be great, it's such a beautiful world, I want my aliens to live there.

I mean, if they're not gonna give us new occults, they can at least fix the ones we already have.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Making Magic was the most popular pack for TS1 so... the problem is, our voices are constantly drowned out by the realism players who scream "IF YOU WANT MAGIC GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE THE SIMS IS A LIFE SIMULATION GAME!!" whenever we try to ask the gurus for what we want.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

Making Magic was the most popular pack for TS1 so... the problem is, our voices are constantly drowned out by the realism players who scream "IF YOU WANT MAGIC GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE THE SIMS IS A LIFE SIMULATION GAME!!" whenever we try to ask the gurus for what we want.

It's amazing how selfish they are. Occults have been a Sims' staple. We get realism pack after realism pack (and I'm not even including Strangerville - that's not Occult and we actually didn't ask for that), but when we Occult players ask for what we really want, we get shafted. Vampires was the last (and only real) fleshed out Occult Sim - and now more than two years have passed.
    We need to complete the sacred triad of Witch/Werewolf/Vampire. These three simply belong together!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif