Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever feel GUILTY?

Guilty of doing things to your sims or other sims in the game?

So, I hooked up Don Lothario with Penny Pizzazz (had to get him away from those evil Caliente sister) and they have a child together, strictly dating, not living together. I play rotational but they are not in my regular rotation.

One of my regular rotation woman is a Serial Romantic ... I felt GUILTY that she had an affair with Don even though she is good friends with Penny.

Her cousin is a Vet ... went to visit a friend and her friends dog was sick, and I felt GUILTY I could not do anything for the dog. (Am really hoping I see them the next time I play her)

Have you done anything to your Sims that makes you feel a little guilty?

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I think there is a thread like this on here. The one about doing bad things to your sims. I don't really dothat much bad stuff.
    I tried recently, being inspired by that thread. I felt horrible the whole time and my sim died of anger so... I'm never doing it again :D Lesson learned. Or confirmed as I knew I didn't like it before.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    All the time. I never do the mischief or evil aspiration and I struggle to do the cereal romantic one.

Same with other games too. I couldn’t take the sith path in the star wars RPGs, I couldn’t be evil in Fable. I tried really hard to do all the evil things in Skyrim but I ended up hating to play that character and deleted it.
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    No, although the first time I killed a Sim on purpose it was strange , but no guilt. My Sims do things I wouldn't a lot but it's a game not real life so I have no problem separating the two.
  • Momo_MoonMomo_Moon Posts: 18 Member
    I had a sim with the mischief aspiration, and I was mean to a sim I really liked. That wasn't too bad, but I try not to be too mean to my sims lol
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    I just don't do anything that would make me feel guilty in the game. I spent all my guilt points in Sims 1 and learned not to do those kind of things. Now if Sims do it to them selves - well when ever I left it as it happened - sometimes I felt guilty even then. So I would bring them back in Sims 2 - but I would leave the memories in that game so they were not erased but they'd get a second chance. I wish they still had memories like that in 4 - as it worked for me with that. Now I just try and at least try not to let them die before they've had a decent life. Not always easy with some Sims - lol.

But mainly that is the only thing I interfere with is early deaths. Anything else that happens - well it happens. Death before someones time is a personal thing to me - so I have to draw the line there. (I never intentionally do anything bad to my Sims though - as I said I learned how hard and guilty I felt once in Sims 1 for trying)LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    Not in Sims 4, but in Sims 2 I had such a big crush on Lisa Ramirez. So I broke her and her husband up. Then my Sim married her. Then he fathered two children with her and I regularly invite Checo (her ex-husband) over just so I can show off our awesome children to him and make fun of him. Then I turned his daughter against him (Yes, when the two broke up I had Lisa take Tessa with her) and showed just how much of a better father he was by getting Tessa into a private school and getting her several scholarships. Also, did I forget to mention that Lisa dumped her husband, the furniture salesman for my Sim.....The Mayor? I mean honestly can you blame Lisa? Moving on from a furniture salesman to the Mayor? Who wouldn't?!

Oh speaking of the furniture store....I burnt it down. 7 people were trapped inside. Checo must live with that guilt. Also, I don't play his household (I moved him into a trailer) so he lives forever, forever to deal with all the awful stuff that has happened in his life because of me. And when he does die?.....I'll have him resurrected as a zombie slave of my Sim's son. Oh wait, I don't feel bad for him.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    No. I don't do anything to feel guilty about.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Doing things to my sim? Yes. But lately I've been enjoying when my sim does evil things to other sims.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,645 Member
    I struggle with my sims doing bad things to other sims they know, but to a random townie, nah!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    No. I don't do anything to feel guilty about.

same :smile:
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    Sometimes I feel guilty, sometimes not. Depends on if I like the sim or not.

Last Weekend I killed a female sim (mother of 4 children) for the Story I write.
    But hey, somehow her fault. She had an affair with the Butler, married him while being pregnant with the 4th child from her lifepartner. The Butler became a Vampire then and he used his wife as a Food-source. I needed her to disappear for the continuation of my Story. I could not let her live, not even as an unplayed household.
    So, No guilt in this case :)

But I saved the child and returned it to its biological father. The Girl did not deserved to live with her Vampire-stepfather. She lives happily with her three sisters and Brothers and with her half-sister and half-brother and does not remember her mother.
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    If I'm playing with sims that are based on real people like my friends and family (who often take a keen interest in what their simselves are doing in my game), I try not to mess up their lives. My father once died of old age off-screen because I accidentally turned aging on for the entire sim world, but I quickly corrected that mistake with a book of life and some ambrosia. Other than that, I have never let anything bad happen to those sims, but everyone else is fair game and I never feel guilty about anything I do to them.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,967 Member
    No, not usually. I don’t do terrible things to my sims ( on purpose).... lol. I do have some sims that are criminals, but that’s who they are, that’s their character. I mean, , they are great criminals.... lol. Some fell into it, and others were born for it. I don’t intentionally kill my sims, and if I play them, I am careful not to let them have emotional deaths. One time I really felt sorry for a sim was when I had a science object on a generic science lot and I had my low level scientist use it and he electrocuted himself twice using it and died, but I didn’t save it because that was not to be his fate..... lol. One sim, I couldn’t get to be happy with his job, so that became his character, he was whiney, and I eased up a bit on him. What makes the sims fun is when a sim becomes that character.....
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2019
    My sims are like my virtual babies, so I always take good care of them. :D I don't tend to do 'mean' things to my sims, although I do enjoy angst so sometimes sad/bad things happen. They always have a happy ending though. I do have one household with an infamous vampire mob boss, and he's evil to other sims, but that's him, not me, right? No reason for me to feel guilty. >:)
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    For me, a lot depends upon MY mood. LOL. If I'm happy, I tend to be very nice to my sims and help them achieve their goals. I give in to their whims, let them find love, and keep them happy, too. On the other hand, if I'm having a bad day or am in a bad mood, my simmies had better look out! I might not be so kind on those days. I might have two sims who hate children try for a baby, or make one of those business managers spend time filling out reports instead of inviting a girlfriend over. I might even let a sim try fixing something when I know there's a good chance of electrocution.

The last time I felt really guilty was when I told my sim to light fireworks from her inventory. I really thought she'd be smart enough to take it outside first. Nope. She burned the whole kitchen down and died doing it. I did feel bad though, so I let her husband plead with the grim reaper. It worked. She's alive and well, but I doubt that I'll let another sim touch fireworks! Just kidding. We'll have fireworks, but I'll be sure they go outside to light them!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yes, a few times. For instance, in my Random Legacy challenge my founder was supposed to have three ghosts on her lot before the end of the Gen. She trapped three elders in the basement with nothing except a swimming pool. But after my Sim lured the first one in the pool and he drowned, I felt horrible about it. Especially after seeing the other two so miserable, dirty, stinky and passing out in puddles of pee. I ended up not saving and then letting them all go. She got her ghosts by woo hooing three elders instead. Yes, she (I) still killed them, but at least they died happy. lol

The most recent guilt trip was in the 100 Baby Challenge I'm currently playing. I got sick of the Baby Daddies calling night and day to go out on dates and whatnot. So I had my Sim call up one of them to come over so she could 'ask to be just friends.' He arrived already in a foul mood because she had woo hooed with his brother too. He had a broken heart thought bubble and was angry. She did the deed and he left with a boo boo lip and slumped shoulders. That was bad enough, but there was a thunderstorm going on during all this and, yeah, you guessed it, he got hit by lightening as he walked away. o.O

I had intended to have her ask to be just friends with the other Baby Daddies, but decided to just put up with the phone calls after that...
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Haha it's funny how our conscience takes over in the game sometimes. I remember freeze-raying a colleague in the science career and I felt guilty enough to chip him out straight away :D But sometimes I can be in a more evil mood and ransack their lives guilt-free.
  • VoraginousVoraginous Posts: 69 Member
    My college friends used to enjoy watching me play sims, and one year they asked me to make them. Unfortunately some of my friends died in the sims and I would feel so guilty when they ask me IRL how the sim versions of them were doing.
  • LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    Yes... From time to time I keep thinking as if sims had their free wills and yet I force them to do this and that here and there, like I'm a crazy dictator now? That's guilty for sure.
    AxxYIX4.png
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2019
    I've never felt guilty for the bad things that happen to my Sims. They aren't real people, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I feel guilty sometimes when evicting most Maxis Sims from a new Save and deleting a lot of those "not in world" that Maxis make, especially those with peculiar names. Then I fill my lots with all my own from My Library. I've done all the drowning and killing and got it out of my system from "The Sims onwards" and now try to keep them alive.

The game has a nasty way of aging and killing them all off whilst I rotate families without my adding to the chaos. Maxis are the killers!
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I felt guilty once.

My 2nd gen legacy heir was at the end of his life. So I invited over his brother (identical twin) and used MCCC to kill him too. In life, they did everything together. I only saw it as fitting that they should die together too. It did rip me apart a bit, but I don't regret having done it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, not in TS4. I have felt guilty about some things that happened in TS2. But these Sims' wide grins and lack of empathy for thier fellow Sims doesn't evoke any guilt in me. I get angry at them for stepping over a dead body, to wave at someone passing their house. Or jumping up to chase a Sim that passed their house while their kid is crying in a bed. They are so fickle I can hardly have any sympathy for them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    All the time. I never do the mischief or evil aspiration and I struggle to do the cereal romantic one.

Same with other games too. I couldn’t take the sith path in the star wars RPGs, I couldn’t be evil in Fable. I tried really hard to do all the evil things in Skyrim but I ended up hating to play that character and deleted it.

lol I relate to this so much. I thought about creating a new save in Skyrim and becoming a thief, but do not think I would be able too lol. As for sims, I created a character that was to grow up with bad traits and I used the butler for him to do so with. She ended up quitting on me because of the mistreatment and I felt horrible lol.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    No I don't feel guilty, bad boys are more fun.