Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    WOOSJ!
    Thnx so much :)

And definitely agree with the suggestion lol
    Roofing has never been my forté and i have a lot to learn :D
    Also really tried to make up for the boring front with a nice view of the area haha
    Had to make some (a lot lol) compromises, haven't really had much expierence with building on a budget but i loved the challenge!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Here's a good roofing tutorial for anyone who wants some tips. Or you could do what I did - find a house with a roof you like on the gallery, download it, and take it apart. That's how I figured out how to make A-frame work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3aNEDX5tTs
    image.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Thanks so much @mannanna! :) And congrats to @Devilariah, @Swcheppes, @SheriGR, and @SimsIslandheart! There were so many beautiful entries this round! <3
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    Wonderful creations everyone! Congrats to all winners :)<3
  • chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    These were all such fantastic entries! Dayana and her girls are excited to get their new life started. Thank you @BuildnShare and The Hawthorne Project, and to everyone who participated!

Congratulations to all the winners.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results for #BnS117 - The Hawthorne Project - Part IX

@FaithofKaela
    ISLGibC.png

MidCentury Family Home is a wonderfully compact yet spacious build, perfect for it's new owners. Great choice of exterior finishes, the combination works well together and blends in beautifully with the surroundings. Interesting roof structure and I love the planting feature at the front, this really enhances the home. The open plan concept of the living areas ensure an air of spaciousness and the aubergine colour scheme contrasting with the elegant white is very calming. Dayana's bedroom and en-suite are very soothing in shades of blue, fabulous idea to have fitness equipment in her room to get back into shape after the birth. Excellent idea also to have doors leading out to the garden so she can keep an eye on her children. Kristi's room is colourful and cheery, just right for a toddler and I really like the idea of a glass roof over Alexis room, being a lover of the outdoors means she will feel the outside coming in. The Jack 'n' Jill bathroom is also a great idea for the girls to share. The rear garden is nicely enclosed ensuring privacy and security for the family. There is certainly plenty to do here for both children and adults and I absolutely love the little bbq nook, great use of 'moo' with the sauces!

Suggestions: Compared to the living and dining areas the kitchen seems a little bland in it's monotone shades. I would suggest a rug or patterned flooring to bring some colour and life into this room. Also as the two bathrooms are connected to each of the bedrooms I was a little concerned about what guests would use. It would have been nice to provide a small WC some place off the living areas for visitors.

@KittKat7147
    bwBiCDS.png

Hawthorne Bungalow is a very attractive little craftsman set in the beautiful land of Windenburg. You have chosen a wonderful spot for this family who will enjoy the open space, greenery and fresh air, all leading to a very healthy lifestyle. Lovely variety of fenestration which provides much interest to the build and the pretty planted borders surrounding the house enhance it greatly. The porch is a lovely place to sit, relax and reflect and the swings will be well used by the family I am sure. Going inside I am met with the tranquillity of the soft neutral décor which is brought to life by the pops of orange. The traditional furnishings are very tasteful and reflect the age and style of the build well, providing a cosy and homely atmosphere. The master bedroom is very soothing in shades of blue and it's good to see the crib set up ready for the new baby. You have made great use of the common area in the basement with the easel for painting and punch bag for fitness. It's also a good idea for the girls to share a room and have the third for when the baby reaches toddler age as this one may be a boy! I love these two colourful and cheery rooms and how you've designed the toddler bed to be floating with the balloons. My favourite feature has got to be the curtained reading nook, absolutely beautiful.

Suggestions: The dirt path leading from the house disturbs me a little by the way it stops short. I would gradually fade this path out at the end to blend in with the surrounding land, it will look more natural. I was also concerned there was no fire escape from the basement bedrooms, I believe there should always be a second way in/out from these areas. Finally I would have liked to see detailed 'close up' pics of the enclosed garden.

@13Vader
    x8P1jQi.png

"Good Riddance" is a wonderful traditional family home situated in the peaceful child and pet friendly land of Brindleton Bay with lots of clean living countryside and fresh air to ensure a healthy and safe environment for the Lilard family. The build has a superb roof structure, the texture blends well with the exterior wall coverings and your choice of fenestration adds detail and interest to the home. The lovely path design and colourful planting are very welcoming features, as are the plants placed on the front porch. The fenced backyard is private and secure and it's good to see a side gate leading to this area. The trees provide plenty of shade for the family to participate in the various activities here, there is certainly enough for all ages and you have used terrain paint well to establish a much used outdoor space. Going indoors one feels instantly at home with the cosy and comfortable atmosphere. Family speaks in every corner with kids stuff left around and their artwork displayed on walls. There is even lovely little mementos of the children in Dayana's room and it's good to see you've made use of debug items. The kitchen is well laid out and I love the design of the wall behind the cooker, very original. Beautiful girls' room in tasteful shades of pink and aqua and a great idea to use neutral shades for the nursery, fantastic work with the moo'd changing table.

Suggestions: The picket fencing surrounding the backyard doesn't flow greatly well with the porch fencing in my opinion. I would have used either a high hedge or tall fence panels in a darker shade. Both of these would provide plenty of privacy and I think would blend more with the home.

@gmcrozier
    cxv2qqr.png

423 Lilard Lane is a superb modern geometrical design with fantastic contrasting exterior shades and textures which highlight the different shapes beautifully. The horizontal balcony fencing and vertical wall sculpture complement each other well and enhance the build greatly. The tall trees provide symmetry to the façade and your choice of windows is perfect for this style of build. It's good to see you have provided a side gate to access the backyard which is surrounded by a lovely wall ensuring privacy and security to this area. The modern interiors reflect the architecture well and the open plan living areas ensure a flowing space. I love the contemporary wall textures in subtle striped shades which are brought to life with the pops of orange furnishings. The study nook is perfectly sited for all the family to use. Excellent idea to make the most of debug items. Fantastic kitchen, looks very chic and stylish with elegant white counters and the utensils are very tidy and neatly in place. Very calming and tranquil nursery in soothing shades of blue and I love the animal theme going on here. Good to see you've used moo in the beautiful aqua girls room to put the stereo above the desk and to have two sinks and plenty of towels in the bathroom, they will certainly be needed! My favourite room is the master, it's modern elegance is stunning yet cosy and comfortable at the same time.

Suggestions: There seems to be a little too much greenery bunched together at the front of the house in my opinion. I would have replaced the middle hedge perhaps with a glass fence to break this up. The upper balcony is a great space for the activities you have placed there but they do appear to have been 'plopped' down. To make this area flow I would have enhanced these activities with objects, ie paint pots etc around the easel, planting equipment etc around the garden planter and fitness clutter around the punchbag.

3gHHX7s.png

The Winner of this Challenge is .... @13Vader
    mUUmw9e.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats @13vader!! Loved your build and thanks, as always, @BuildnShare for your wonderful critique :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    Congratulations @13Vader! Beautiful house. <3
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Congrats @13Vader
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    Congtats, @13Vader ! Well done, as always!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    Congrats, @13Vader!
    image.png
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    You did it again! Congrats @13Vader
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Congrats to all the winners, all the entries were lovely! <3
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results for BnS 117 - The Hawthorne Project - Phase IX

@pronterus
    sRcGV29.png

Lemonade Summers has great curb appeal. Your color choices reflect spring and a new beginning for Dayana and her family. Great job with the roofing. The floor plan flows well and I like the room placement. Your object choices and placement is well thought out. Creative solution for the clothesline and wash tub. The interior certainly reflects that a young family lives here. Wonderful job!

Suggestions: There are a few suggestions that I feel could elevate this build. Your terrain paint is very stark. Using the eraser tool and putting the softness all the way to the right and going over the edges will make the edges more subtle and more realistic. I would have liked to have seen the same wood floors in the girls’ room, as was used in the rest of the house. Overall a very nice family home.

@AlJay
    VUrKpvu.png

Happily Ever After is a very nice contemporary family home. The back yard is large and spacious and the fence will help to keep the kids safe. Your interiors are light and bright. The split floor plan is awesome and will give Dayana a retreat at the end of the day. Great use of MOO on the sectional and entertainment unit. The family portraits are a very nice personal touch. The rooms are spacious and easy to navigate. Nice choice of clutter, it certainly gives it a lived in feeling. Great job!

Suggestions: Overall a very well thought out build. The front center of the home seems a bit bare and could have used a 3rd flower bed. Be careful with your roofing, try to avoid creating valleys that could cause water pooling.

@Mannanna
    RX9pJQA.png

Auburn has great curb appeal. Your use of terrain paint and the subtle use of the terrain tool is very well done. Nice execution of the garage door. Your rooms are generous and your colors are very well coordinated. There is just enough clutter to make it look lived in. You made some wise object choices. Overall a well executed build!

Suggestions: I have to admit that I was disappointed when I got to the interior of your build. All of that attention to create that wonderful garage door and the slope leading to it and then….. no garage. There was plenty of space, the “bonus room” is mostly unused space and you didn’t need the piano, Dayana revealed in her letter that she plays guitar.

3gHHX7s.png
    The Winner of this Challenge is .…

@AlJay

nzmOUdm.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations @Aljay. Well done! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    We have fallen behind on promotions to the Expert category! @sawdust , @4Sanne , and @TheSimStream - the judges are in agreement that you should enter in the Expert category going forward. Congratulations, and thanks for being a part of BuildnShare :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare ! Congrats @AlJay !
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Congratulations @AlJay !

Congratulations all who participated...

Awesome Creations from all !!

Also for those moving up/ being promoted - Great Job guys !!

I feel so honored being among such creative& talented people !

Diane Pinkus
    Congrats, @Aljay!
    image.png
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    Congrats on the promotion! @sawdust, @4Sanne, and @TheSimStream,

Well done @AlJay :)
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Congratulations @AlJay ... well deserved
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited May 2019
    @AlJay Congratulations and well done!! Beautiful home! <3
    And congratulations on your promotion to the Expert category, @sawdust @4Sanne @TheSimStream! :)
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare . I guess I should have listened to my husband, who builds things in real life, about the valleys in my roof...but it just looked so much prettier this way ;)

Congratulations @sawdust , @4Sanne , and @TheSimStream for moving up to the expert category. I look forward to working with you :)

Thank you @Allears , @pronterus, @Pinkusfamily, @SimTresa , @13Vader @jeswainston65, and @SheriGR for the congrats

Congratulations to @Devilariah , @Allears , @Schweppes , @SheriGR , @SimsIslandheart and @13Vader on your wins.

I just love seeing everybody's creativity! Great job everyone!
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Congrats to your win @AlJay!

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback @BuildnShare ... sorry I disappointed you with no garage, to me that's a waste of space in Sims4.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top