Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think we'll get an announcement?

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I hope it'll be sometime in May. Everybody thinks there's going to be a new one coming out in June, so this makes sense if that's true.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Well it's clearly not witches because it's not a gamepack, it has to be island vacation EP or university, otherwise, the community will be furious..

It could still be Themeparks or a Romance Pack. Their always surprising us but I have a feeling it s Tropical.
    edited May 2019
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Well it's clearly not witches because it's not a gamepack, it has to be island vacation EP or university, otherwise, the community will be furious..

I would be happy with any of these two. I really like Island Paradise, but I haven't ever played a University pack so I'm excited to see how it is!

Wild parties,new woohoos,keg drinking,dares,sororities and fraternitys,studying for exams and graduation,places to hangout etc.
    edited May 2019
    Deleted
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member

I would be happy with any of these two. I really like Island Paradise, but I haven't ever played a University pack so I'm excited to see how it is!

Wild parties,new woohoos,keg drinking,dares,sororities and fraternitys,studying for exams and graduation,places to hangout etc.

That sounds so fun!
    Wait what does the "deleted" mean? I've seen it a few times on some discussions. What does it mean?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    Wait what does the "deleted" mean? I've seen it a few times on some discussions. What does it mean?

That means the person who wrote a post deleted the post in a thread.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

I misread one of the post and said something wrong so I deleted it.
    Oh okay thanks everyone! :)
  • xdawnxxdawnx Posts: 81 Member
    I have to add to the vote for either a Tropical Island EP or university ( I think university pips it for me), I'm hoping its something where teenagers as a life stage comes into its own (but we'll see) :)
    Look for my lot creations on the gallery luckylady88 ;)
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited May 2019

It could still be Themeparks or a Romance Pack. Their always surprising us but I have a feeling it s Tropical.

Themeparks seems possible but not much requested as university or Tropical/island pack, romance pack is also possible but it'd be weird releasing it in the beginning of summer..

I have a fear EA will do something dumb again and release a dumb pack like StrangerVille because they want to please people who wants something *new* completely ignoring people who are dying for years for new occult or university
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Well it's clearly not witches because it's not a game pack, it has to be island vacation EP or university, otherwise, the community will be furious.

There is no proof that witches are coming in a game packThey could come in an expansion pack.

• SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    edited May 2019
    When do they announce or tease packs? (the day)
    Is there even a certain day where trailers come out?

I can totally see a trailer comming arround the last 2 weeks of may. 20-31may
    then EA promo + second trailer at E3.
    A month after the trailer= the Expansion with the 64 bit update.

edited May 2019

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

You mean EA Play. EA isnt going to be at E3.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Gosh, so much is happening in the next month, my head is spinning. Since EA Play is scheduled for June 8th and 9th, and the Game Changers have been invited to attend, I suspect an expansion will be announced the week before, probably around June 1st. As usual, there is much speculation about the theme of the EP. Only natural since a new EP is always exciting to think about. Summer is almost here for many of us, and if EA follows its usual pattern of releasing content that is pertinent to the season, my guess is this expansion will be a new tropical world with water activities and the ability to own/manage resorts along with a new career such as a marine biologist.

But this is EA we're talking about, and they have been known to do the unexpected without any prior notice. If the Game Changers weren't going to EA Play, I wouldn't be as sure as I am there is an EP coming in June. We will probably see a short teaser shortly before the end of May. After EA Play there will be a three or four day embargo on information from the Game Changers that attended the event. Then the Game Changers will be given an early access pass so they can play the EP and broadcast what they are allowed to share with their viewers. That places us in mid-June so a release date of June 20th or June21st is probably not that far-fetched.

edited May 2019
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Gosh, so much is happening in the next month, my head is spinning. Since EA Play is scheduled for June 8th and 9th, and the Game Changers have been invited to attend, I suspect an expansion will be announced the week before, probably around June 1st. As usual, there is much speculation about the theme of the EP. Only natural since a new EP is always exciting to think about. Summer is almost here for many of us, and if EA follows its usual pattern of releasing content that is pertinent to the season, my guess is this expansion will be a new tropical world with water activities and the ability to own/manage resorts along with a new career such as a marine biologist.

But this is EA we're talking about, and they have been known to do the unexpected without any prior notice. If the Game Changers weren't going to EA Play, I wouldn't be as sure as I am there is an EP coming in June. We will probably see a short teaser shortly before the end of May. After EA Play there will be a three or four day embargo on information from the Game Changers that attended the event. Then the Game Changers will be given an early access pass so they can play the EP and broadcast what they are allowed to share with their viewers. That places us in mid-June so a release date of June 20th or June21st is probably not that far-fetched.

I think the Next Expansion will be announced in May. Hopefully within 2 weeks.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited May 2019
    Well it's clearly not witches because it's not a game pack, it has to be island vacation EP or university, otherwise, the community will be furious.

There is no proof that witches are coming in a game packThey could come in an expansion pack.

If they did Witches alone, they're too small for an expansion, they'll come as a gamepack like vampires, unless it's a magic EP where witches are just part of the features..
    But this seems unlikely..
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Doubt it, if it’s an EP it won’t just be witches.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Themeparks seems possible but not much requested as university or Tropical/island pack, romance pack is also possible but it'd be weird releasing it in the beginning of summer..

I have a fear EA will do something dumb again and release a dumb pack like StrangerVille because they want to please people who wants something *new* completely ignoring people who are dying for years for new occult or university

Vacations are also a gp now - don't forget that. GPs have one subject - ep/s have various subject in Sims 4 with a few big ideas. Other wise JA and OR got cheated as far as vacations go if tropical vacation was an ep.

Now they could make it Tropical living for year round so it would not be a vacation spot.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited May 2019

Doubt it, if it’s an EP it won’t just be witches.

I'd say if we get witches it would be gp style as the devs said that when we were voting on twitter last year on future supernaturals - that it would only be fair to give it as good a treatment as Vamps got. So they would not say that, if that was not the plan. Whats more all the voters agreed. There were huge numbers of votes too. Lots of people want Witches at least as good as Vamps.

My guess is It won't be a Supernatural pack seeing our actual team did not make the Sims 3 supernatural - the Special second store team over in Salt lake City did - but EA stopped using the Salt Lake City studio for pc and a store, and let everyone go or moved to other EA games.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Writin_Reg wrote: »

Vacations are also a gp now - don't forget that. GPs have one subject - ep/s have various subject in Sims 4 with a few big ideas. Other wise JA and OR got cheated as far as vacations go if tropical vacation was an ep.

Now they could make it Tropical living for year round so it would not be a vacation spot.

Tropical though has more stuff.
    edited May 2019

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

Didn't they say there would be no new content at EA Play but Lyndsay and Duke would be there. It was after Lyndsay talked about the free tickets for EA Play during the Maxis Monthly yesterday - almost at the end.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

Didn't they say there would be no new content at EA Play but Lyndsay and Duke would be there. It was after Lyndsay talked about the free tickets for EA Play during the Maxis Monthly yesterday - almost at the end.

The game changers have been invited so it must be unless its embargoed.
    edited May 2019

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

Normally

Teaser on Monday

Full Trailer on Tuesday

The game changers have been invited so it must be unless its embargoed.

Game changers, Influencers, and what they called them before this name - have always attended the shows in June and August and they did not always give us new things or trailers. I saw indications they were doing interviews and Q & A's - and sharing ideas and such - but Lyndsay sure sounded to me like they were revealing but maybe bits and pieces. Like that Black door apparently indicating we were getting more swatches. From what I could see - unless it's a gotcha moment and they are just teasing us - which I really have not seen Lyndsay hardly ever do in all these years - I have a real feeling it was the truth. Maybe they had plans that got shifted with the removal of 32 bit - maybe they are reworking something with the 64 bit - or maybe it is because they didn't want to further the pain of the 32 bit players being left out until they can deliver the Legacy game. Maybe they will deliver that and then by the Gamescom in August we get some news or something new to see. That is if they go to Gamescome. I haven't seen an announcement on that yet this year.

ETA -I am not trying to be a downer - and believe me I want new packs just as much as anybody - I could use it more than anyone knows - but I also have to be a realists. I also listen to every word they say or try to - especially when it is Lyndsay.

In dreams - I LIVE!