Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville, why are all female military ladies MAXED?!

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
I'm only using a skin, eyes and some makeup for CC so its not a mod issue but for some reason ALL the strangerville town military women (like the townies who walk around) have their chest sliders MAXED out. And by I mean maxed I mean ridiculously so in a way I've never seen the game randomly generate before.

At first I was like...hey now! But now I'm more like...freaked out. First are they even real?! The women I mean um...second I came to realize theres not a SINGLE man in uniform I've encountered in strangerville, just very buxom female soldiers. Which creeps me out a little like in a very stranger danger sixth sense kind of way.

So my Sim who (for fun I made a quick CAS edit) after a very strange walk downtown, went home to discover his wife had also become MAXED! - but she claims he never noticed.

Like a guy never would notice...if you can't trust your sim waifu who CAN you trust?

mdCxQjJ.gif

Clearly they are aliens replacing our women and eating our men!

Or worse...I dont' know whats worse, but being eaten doesn't sound fun.

AAanyway I was wondering if this has effected anybody else or if they are just premade this way? (I don't think townies are though right?)

Outside of my "fun" side story with the wife/body snatchers this is actually a real problem! I think? or not? I dunno....

I actually tried restarting a new town/save and it happened again. MAXED! And no male military personal anywhere to be seen...

Thats strange right?

Is this a bug, or an invasion?

I just don't know what to trust anymore...

MA0wP1z.gif

Post edited by TOLKIEN on

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    It's a bug invasion. Independence Day has become a reality! Or Men In Black, that's a good sci-fi movie too.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Haven't seen that in my game. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    It sounds to me like you might have inadvertently added a mod to your game, lol. Some creators will package some of their mods/CC together.

Have you tried to see what happens when you remove your mods folder and go into that save? Also, Make sure you delete your localthumbcache file in the Sims 4 folder every time you make a change to your mods folder. That file is known to cause lingering issues if it's not refreshed. The game generates a new one next time you start it up.
    #Team Occult
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I'm only using a skin, eyes and some makeup for CC so its not a mod issue but for some reason ALL the strangerville town military women (like the townies who walk around) have their chest sliders MAXED out. And by I mean maxed I mean ridiculously so in a way I've never seen the game randomly generate before.

At first I was like...hey now! But now I'm more like...freaked out. First are they even real?! The women I mean um...second I came to realize theres not a SINGLE man in uniform I've encountered in strangerville, just very buxom female soldiers. Which creeps me out a little like in a very stranger danger sixth sense kind of way.

So my Sim who (for fun I made a quick CAS edit) after a very strange walk downtown, went home to discover his wife had also become MAXED! - but she claims he never noticed.

Like a guy never would notice...if you can't trust your sim waifu who CAN you trust?

mdCxQjJ.gif

AAanyway I was wondering if this has effected anybody else or if they are just premade this way? (I don't think townies are though right?)

Outside of my "fun" side story with the wife/body snatchers this is actually a real problem! I think? or not? I dunno....

I actually tried restarting a new town/save and it happened again. MAXED! And no male military personal anywhere to be seen...

Thats strange right?

MA0wP1z.gif

Make the Sims you want, I did. A normal working woman who is a scientist, an artist and a music lover. She has a normal life and many friends. As far as "strange", nothing has happened.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited May 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    It sounds to me like you might have inadvertently added a mod to your game, lol. Some creators will package some of their mods/CC together.

Have you tried to see what happens when you remove your mods folder and go into that save? Also, Make sure you delete your localthumbcache file in the Sims 4 folder every time you make a change to your mods folder. That file is known to cause lingering issues if it's not refreshed. The game generates a new one next time you start it up.

Ya I thought of this and no dice, its also ONLY effecting the military woman in strangerville - no where else or any other sims. My own sims before the wifes "switch' weren't effected by this either or any I make in CAS.

I've been using the same CC forever too, its nothing fancy. One skin overlay, some lipstick, makeup and eyes. I did try removing the mod folder, reset my docs though anyway and nothing.

II think it was just some weird fluke when the game generated them if nothing else....

I've just never seen that happen before and how its only effecting military peoples - I actually thought it MIGHT have been done on purpose in strangerville - like some kind of takeover by space girls or something lol...
    edited May 2019

mdCxQjJ.gif

Thats strange right?

MA0wP1z.gif

Make the Sims you want, I did. A normal working woman who is a scientist, an artist and a music lover. She has a normal life and many friends. As far as "strange", nothing has happened.

Um I didn't make these sims, they were generated by the game as townies. I just thought it was really strange and wanted to know if it effected anybody else.

I dont care enough to remodel a bunch of townies, I mean its not a bad thing lol....
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Ya I thought of this and no dice, its also ONLY effecting the military woman in strangerville - no where else or any other sims. My own sims before the wifes "switch' weren't effected by this either or any I make in CAS.

I've been using the same CC forever too, its nothing fancy. One skin overlay, some lipstick, makeup and eyes. I did try removing the mod folder, reset my docs though anyway and nothing.

II think it was just some weird fluke when the game generated them if nothing else....

I've just never seen that happen before and how its only effecting military peoples - I actually thought it MIGHT have been done on purpose in strangerville - like some kind of takeover by space girls or something lol...

That's just so weird, lol.

Well, I guess it's called "StrangerVille" for a reason. It just keeps getting stranger. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I've been playing in Strangerville since it came out and haven't seen that at all. The same sims I started with are in the game as well as 5 Sims households I added - no unusual or over buxom ladies I can see, soldiers - male and female all different ranks. My main sim that beat the mother with his team of 2 males (one is the Geeky Maxis guy that ran the gear stand is a male - the female is a scientist, and the other male was a normal soldier that hung out at the bar my sim befriended. My sim is in the Guys in Black division but his soldier friend stayed in the normal army, the scientist is still a scientist but also wears army gear sometimes - ordinary, nothing special or buxom about her - she is an adult age - my Sims is YA (I control aging for all sims but the scientist was an adult to start with - I don't change any of that in Maxis Sims.

But the town has the same normal mix of male and female with various Uniforms for soldiers and regular dressed sims as well. I do have the Curious brothers the Guru made set to move in but have not moved them in yet.

So needless to say my game is pretty much the same Sims as I started with and other than visiting other hoods for parties, dining out, several CL fair things - went through 28 days each Winter, Spring, summer, and fall - well still in fall but starting winter again in a day or two - nothing has really changed except my fixing up some of the housing lots and buying my sim the lot on the hill nearest the pond and redoing his new house - and filling all the empty houses left - so trying to get room for those curious brothers. LOL.

Maxis Sims all in their places -so nope nothing weird (or weirder actually) in my town. I do not use any cc, mods, or even cheats in my game - never in a developing game and rarely download even gallery builds outside of a few starter houses and small restaurants - but none with any cheats or cc used. Don't know if any of that info helps - but will keep my eye out for more strangeness.

I am back in Chemo so private time has plagued me this week and part of last. So mostly only getting forum time. So it is possible something might have happened these last few days I don't know about. Maybe when I get home this evening and don't have any weirdness in me from treatment - I can check the game out better as I only peeked.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Andddd, what’s the problem? >:)
    edited May 2019
    So just out of trial and error I started a THIRD new game with new CAS characters and this time everybody in the military was normal and er...diverse around strangerville?  Men, women and all in uniform without MAXED chests.  

Which makes me think it WAS just a REALLLY random chance on townie generation, but honestly just SO weird. 
    So I decided to maaaybe turn this into a working sim story...but I'm not sure. you can check it out here

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/959147/buxom-times-in-strangerville/p1?new=1