Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Cowplant Died!

I was stunned when I played my rocket scientist's house today. The family has a cowplant that's always been very healthy. It was fed yesterday when I played. Today, it's nothing more than a gigantic cow-like skull. I didn't know cowplants could die. :( Is there any way to bring it back? Does it serve any purpose now? Is there anything I need to know so that it's not a danger to anyone?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have lost only one cowplant in Sims 4, and she was my first. I was very heartbroken when Betsy died (yes I named her). I fed her every day, but other than that I didn't interact with her much. I was so afraid that she would eat someone, so I had her locked away in the back yard.

All the other cowplants that I have had since they all get fed like Betsy, but one thing I do differently is I make sure my sims interact with them quite often. I also keep garden plants in their area as well. As far as danger, just make sure as soon as you see them stick out the cake slice, have someone one feed the creature. If someone does be dumb enough to attempt to take the cake, they will get eaten but will get spit back out again. The danger would be if they tried it again before the negative moodlet cleared up.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Now that you mention it, my last cowplant died incredibly fast. It was actually not full grown yet (but I tend the garden every day). I left the house and came back to a dead cow plant. Yours died a day after being fed, maybe there is a bug?
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Mine died very quickly too, feed it twice the day before and woke up to it a cowplant skull :neutral:
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Mine die pretty quickly too. They don't seem to survive the winter with the Seasons pack. I've never tried it, but do you think they will grow in a shelted area?
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Now you mention it... my last cowplant died in winter too. I thought I had been too busy looking after the toddlers and hadn't fed it in time, but maybe it was too cold?

Anyway, as for the cowplant skeleton, it gives off a certain emotional aura, I think it's playful, could also be angry? But you'd need at least two cowplant skeletons near each other for it to appear. At least that's what I experienced, once, a long time ago when I set up a secret cowplant worshipping club and decorated their hangout with both living and dead cowplants.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Cow plants need to be feed every 12 hours. If you've only been feeding it once a day and only just now having one die, you are very lucky.

I am not a fan of cow plants in 4. They die to quickly after they spit out the cake, not long enough to truthly entice a Sim. Its pretty much guaranteed not yo kill a Sim the first time they eat the cake, and my biggest complaint is that Sims out of your control never eat the cake. No patry-goers will take the cake, no random walkbys. I miss the cowplants from as 3.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I keep my cowplants in the household inventory, so they do not die so quickly. Average lifespan in my game, seems to be about 2 days.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Cow plants need to be feed every 12 hours. If you've only been feeding it once a day and only just now having one die, you are very lucky.

I am not a fan of cow plants in 4. They die to quickly after they spit out the cake, not long enough to truthly entice a Sim. Its pretty much guaranteed not yo kill a Sim the first time they eat the cake, and my biggest complaint is that Sims out of your control never eat the cake. No patry-goers will take the cake, no random walkbys. I miss the cowplants from as 3.

Yes, they're rather fragile. When I have a Sim doing the gardener aspiration, I always start the cowplant early on, and then I have to be vigilant to make sure they don't die before the Sim gets to that part of the aspiration. At one point, I had those all-day thunderstorms for three days running, and had to keep cancelling the 'run inside' on my poor teen so that the cowplant could get fed when she got home from school.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I, too, lost the one and only Cowplant I had in this game. The head of the household was very diligent about caring for it, too, all on his own. Many a time I had to step in lest he be swallowed a second time, thus being his own end. :open_mouth: Same thing happened to me. "Cow" was fine the last gaming session and then I was startled to see his skeleton the next session. :open_mouth: It really is a eerie-looking thing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    Mine die pretty quickly too. They don't seem to survive the winter with the Seasons pack. I've never tried it, but do you think they will grow in a shelted area?

Mine was sheltered and died