Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    @Netzspannung, thank you for sharing your CAS creations on this post. I've found lots of inspiration! I have a bad habit of using the same pieces repeatedly, as well as some cc, but you've shown that there are lots of great options I haven't considered. Finding unique outfits for men is my biggest challenge. I'd love it if you'd show more men's clothes as well, in any categories you'd like, but especially everyday wear since they spend the most time in those clothes.

Thanks!
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @LilyParker Thank you for your kind words! I am glad that you found some inspiration in this thread. I am actually planning to do more for males pretty soon, I have a couple of themes in mind. :smile:
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    @LilyParker Thank you for your kind words! I am glad that you found some inspiration in this thread. I am actually planning to do more for males pretty soon, I have a couple of themes in mind. :smile:

Awesome! I've bookmarked the thread and look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'd love to see some unique outfits for kids
    Children can be stylish too ^^
    @mika :D I did not forget about your request. It's just harder to do original outfits for children. So this is going to take a little more time.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Oh my goodness so glad your on the Friday highlights. I have so much trouble putting outfits together. Now I just have to have my laptop open while in CAS on the other so I can put some fashion wise outfits together. :D
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    So, I work at an office. The male employees usually have to wear suits, like in so many other offices. A long time ago, men all over the world got jealous of the ladies working at the offices, because they had more options to dress - that's why they invented Casual Friday to show off their fashion sense at work. :)
    Focus: Male Casual Business Wear

elLRHIy.jpg

I could imagine making over a few promising townies in these outfits and creating a club that hangs out at bars. You'll get an instant 'After Work' vibe in there, that might be fun!
    Thanks @Netzspannung for showing some great options for the guys! The outfits are fairly simple and mostly neutrals, which lots of guys wear, but it's the attention to detail that makes the difference to me. For example, I love the shoes you chose. I rarely use cropped pants on guys, but if I do, it's always with flip-flops. Apparently, there are at least 4 other pairs of shoes that also work beautifully. And I very rarely have anyone wearing glasses. I just never think of it (even though I'm wearing a pair myself).

You're making me want to open CAS and start a fashion show of my own. :wink: Thanks again for the inspiration! Feel free to keep it coming.
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    @LilyParker Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated. There will be some more colorful stuff coming for males, but 'Casual Friday' was just a theme I was toying with for a while.

we all try ...
    @LilyParker Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated. There will be some more colorful stuff coming for males, but 'Casual Friday' was just a theme I was toying with for a while.
    @Netzspannung, I totally get it. I've always worked in an office as well. It's a great representation of what guys typically wear for business casual. :smile: BTW, I wasn't saying all guys wear neutrals, of course. My hubby is a very plain dresser and I've grown used to his expansive color palette of black, gray, white and a few shades of blue. :wink: Anytime I've tried to venture outside of his comfort zone with more than a hint of color, he just doesn't wear it. *shrugs*
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    You have a great sense of style! Thank you for this, seriously. I always have trouble pairing Maxis themed clothes and it rarely comes out the way I envisioned, for photos especially, so I just end up using more Alpha instead. But this... this shows me it can be done. Now my sims don't have to hide at home out of worry, lol. :blush:
    I was asking myself the other day why dressing males can seem like such a chore (to me). The reason is because males tend to dress more conservatively, a fact that was also brought up in this thread just yesterday. That's why I decided to go a little nuts with it. Not sure whether these outfits will be useful to anyone else, but I sure had fun making them. :D

Focus: Street Style for Men
    uDVuXXb.jpg
    Having fun is the most important thing! Thanks for providing us with more fashions for men.

I find myself drawn to your #4 and #5 outfits. I love both those pairs of jeans. The green & black jacket in #4 looks vaguely familiar. I may have used it before and just not looked at all the color options. It suits him. I don't recall seeing the patterned cardigan in #5. While it's not a style I'm usually drawn to, you've definitely made it work in this outfit, and it keeps catching my eye. I'm going to have to look for both of them the next time I'm in CAS. (I really should just pay more attention in general.)

I could see your #6 sim running an island resort with his blazer and shorts combo. Reminds me of my trip to Bermuda many years ago. :smile:
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    @LilyParker The jacket in #4 is from Get Famous and the cardigan in #5 is from City Living. I feel like in City Living, more than in any other pack, you get some really nice surprises if you go through the trouble of exploring every single swatch. Not only in CAS but also in BB. These outfits are not for everyone, but I think even an outfit you don't like can inspire. You might have a thought like "That's not the top I would use in that ensemble. I would combine it with ..." and there you go, you made a new outfit. B)

we all try ...
  • KirstenMC1982KirstenMC1982 Posts: 2 New Member
    @Netzspannung it would be great if Maxis made a way for your outfits to be available to select in game, I personally don't spend a lot of time in CAS, so to be able to use your creations would be amazing (the EA outfits are sometimes limited and then become quite repetitive).
    Well done!
    @KirstenMC1982 Thank you, and I agree that being able to save outfits and share them on the gallery would be a great feature!

we all try ...
  • ACGACG Posts: 30 Member
    Popping in to comment, awesome outfits!! Want to try them out on my own sims!!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    glad you were mentioned in the weekly thread and you're getting more traffic because of that. i personally can never get enough of your fashion sense, as you already know

on the male outfits, the shirt sim 3 is wearing has managed to become one of my favorites for certain types of sims. never thought i'd love a bowling shirt nearly as much as i do, especially with all its random swatches, but the swatches are what made it a favorite. the flamingo swatch, especially, makes certain styles (that are more a lack of style, honestly) gravitate towards it
    @kalaksed Definitely. I really like it when they add a few "exotic" swatches to the assets. What we like (not necessarily what we choose) to wear is more about our personality than about what looks good on us and therefore outfits are a great way to flesh out a Sim's story and personality. And nothing says "I have personality!" like sporting a shirt with a flamingo print. :D

we all try ...
  • LoneheartLoneheart Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm mad jealous of your style Netzspannung.

If only the townies could have come created with these kinds of outfits, we'd all be love with them rather than having to edit them every 10 mins.
  • ajarvis999ajarvis999 Posts: 15 Member
    You're so creative! I tend to use the same outfits over and over and only change the color :#
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    CAS for kids in TS4 is still quite lacking. I think the full body outfits are mostly very nice, but with the tops and bottoms ... it's difficult to come up with something original. And don't get me started on shoes and accessories. It's not even the colors, it's that the shapes don't go well together and I always try to create a nice silhouette (whether I succeed in doing that is another question). Anyway, I tried and I do hope there's at least one outfit you like and have not tried before.

Focus: Kids CAS!

aq6c5Em.jpg

I was just about to ask you for some ideas for kids outfits. Thank you for this.
    CAS for kids in TS4 is still quite lacking. I think the full body outfits are mostly very nice, but with the tops and bottoms ... it's difficult to come up with something original. And don't get me started on shoes and accessories. It's not even the colors, it's that the shapes don't go well together and I always try to create a nice silhouette (whether I succeed in doing that is another question). Anyway, I tried and I do hope there's at least one outfit you like and have not tried before.

Focus: Kids CAS!
    aq6c5Em.jpg
    Thanks for sharing again @Netzspannung. I agree with you that kids' clothes are lacking in TS4, and especially in the shoe department. There are so few to choose from, and several of the girls' shoes are quite drab, like little rounded-edge blocks. (I noticed you didn't use those.) :wink: Choosing a shoe that completes the outfit is something you do really well, as I think I've mentioned before.

My two faves this time are #1 and #3. I like the primarily monochromatic look boy #1 is sporting. It contrasts nicely with his dark hair. Adding the light blue knit hat was an interesting touch. I love how it's still in keeping with the tone of the outfit and just enough to add an unexpected twist. In the #3 girl's outfit, I see you managed to find the perfect pair of boots to work with your pastel pink and blue color combo. I love pattern mixing and how you didn't feel the need to keep the top completely solid because of the floral(?) jeans. The outfit needed the graphic element to bring it to life.

Any more fashion shows coming our way? I do enjoy them! :smile:
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Love all of these, especially the little boy's outfits! Thank you for the inspo ^^

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top