Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pimlico Challenge (Sims 3)

Hi guys!

Inspired by @SamelaRita and the original legacy challenge, I have developed a brand new legacy challenge that I am currently piloting. The legacy gets its name from the name of the lot each founder will be required to move into, or replicate prior to starting their legacy.

Introduction
The aims of the legacy are a combination of the above; to reach 10 generations of a single family, and to completely renovate the starter home.
I am someone who has started well over 50 legacies in the 10 years I have played TS3 and some way or another, I would fail. I’d say 60% of the time it was due to glitches or save errors, and the other 40% would be loss of interest because my sims were either millionaires by gen. 3 (thank you Showtime careers) or I couldn’t get over the hurdle of building the ‘perfect’ legacy home. The furthest I got with sharing a legacy online was my Moonchild legacy which spent a long time on the castle lot of Starlight Shores before it either glitched or I got bored. So, this idea is my way of combatting this and finally completing a legacy!

I will include the rules on here but will also be creating a post on my (very old and unused) site here

Let me know your thoughts!

Happy Simming :mrgreen:
Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg

Comments

• lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Setting Up
    • Prior to creating a founder, enter Edit Town mode and locate the legacy lot you wish to use (60x60 or 64x64)
    • Either place my shell – the Pimlico Estate (64x64) – or enter build/buy mode to create your own.

Requirements for DIY shells are:
    o The building must look like a completed legacy mansion/home from the outside and will need 10 large rooms plus bedrooms and bathrooms. You do not need to add internal walls right now but be aware that this is the only time it won’t cost you.
    o You may only use Build Mode, except to place a mausoleum from Buy Mode if desired.
    o No landscaping. You may use terrain paints, certain plants and fences from Supernatural or NaTCM, and terrain tools to make the lot look barren.
    o You may only use foundation, stairs, walls, doors, windows, and fencing.
    o Internal flooring must be the $0 wood tiles and walls must be the $0 wooden panels from the misc. section. Doors and windows must look broken/worn down as much as possible.
    o External flooring (decking/balconies) and walls can be whatever style/price you wish.
    o No fireplaces, swimming pools, fountains, or ponds.
    o There is no limit on expenses.
    • Once the building is completed, return to Edit Town mode and press ctrl + shift + c to enable cheats. Enable testingcheatsenabled true and FreeRealEstate
    • Create your founder however you wish, they must be a Young or regular Adult and the only sim in the household.
    • Place your founder into your shell through Edit Town and use the cheat familyfunds [household name] 1800 . Check your founder now has $1800 to their name, enter the cheat FreeRealEstate off and the cheat testingcheatsEnabled false. Once you Return to Game Setup and select your founder, the game begins.

I will upload the Pimlico Estate to the exchange and link it above :)
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    General Rules
    • See Pinstar’s legacy challenge rules for the general rules of the game. Obviously ignore the rule about starting on an empty lot and you can opt not to randomise traits and LTWs to make this particular challenge more accessible.
    • Spouses may only contribute to the goal of each generation financially, they cannot achieve any of the goals in lieu of the founder/heir.
    • Bedrooms and bathrooms are not part of this challenge, they can be built and equipped whenever the need or money arises.
    • Sims can be immortalised in paintings, photographs (WA and UL), or sculptures (AM) as you see fit.
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Generation One - There’s No Place Like the Kitchen
    Start your legacy with that homey smell of mama’s cooking
    • Reach level 10 of the Culinary career
    • Master the cooking skill, and skill challenges
    • Build a fully equipped kitchen, containing the minimum:
    All culinary career reward items
    6 counter tops, 2 island counters, 2 bar stools
    Dishwasher
    Curtains
    One wall decoration
    • Achieve the Five Star Celebrity Chef or Culinary Librarian LTW
    • Cook ambrosia

Check out my site for optional extras you can add using EPs and store content!
    Post edited by lizzielilyy on
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Generation Two - Let Me Entertain You
    Cuisine like your parent’s must be served with finesse.
    • Reach level 10 of the political, business, or film (actor) career
    • Build a lavish dining room, containing the minimum:
    An 8-seat dining table
    A chandelier and expensive rug
    3 decorations (sculptures, plants, and/or paintings)
    A fireplace
    Curtains
    • Achieve the Super Popular or Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers LTW
    • Master the Charisma skill, plus skill challenges, and have 25 friends

Extra options here
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Generation Three - Artist's Lair

Growing up in a house full of strangers and parties, always being told to wear your best dress/suit and help serve dinner has left you wanting your own space

• Reach level 10 of a self-employed creative career (e.g. writing, painting, sculpting, band) or be unemployed if no AMB
    • Design a room for all your needs, containing the minimum:
    2 items for creating (e.g easel, computer, sculpting station)
    2 items for inspiration (decorations, bookshelf, stereo)
    Curtains and lighting as appropriate
    2 comfy chairs
    A coffee machine
    Career rewards from music career if applicable
    • Max at least one of: writing, painting, sculpting, instrument skills, graffiti, and complete skill challenges
    • Place at least four masterpiece creations in your room or home (save any topiary sculptures for later!)
    • Achieve Professional Author, Illustrious Author, Master of the Arts, or Renaissance Sim LTW (or extras)

Extra options here
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Generation Four - A Breath of Fresh Air

The inside of the Estate is looking more and more like a home, but the outside is like a wasteland! Time to expand our renovations

• Reach level 10 of the Scientist, gardener, or angler career
    • Renovate and landscape your lot, including the minimum:
    6 bought trees, 6 planted trees
    6 planted vines or bushes
    A pond, swimming pool, and/or built fountain
    Outdoor seating area with lighting and heating
    9 sculptures or decorations
    2 group activities (e.g. fire pit, football, hot tub)
    12 flowers/bushes/shrubs
    A cemetery or refurbish land around mausoleum
    You may use BuyDebug cheats ONLY for fish and insect spawners
    • Max gardening and/or fishing skill and skill challenges
    • Plant an omni plant
    • Achieve The Perfect Garden, Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium, or Become a Creature-Robot Cross-Breeder LTW

Extra options here
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Generation Five - Pitter Patter

Half way through! Time to make this family home fit for purpose

• Reach level 10 in any career not already completed
    • Complete the Surrounded by Family LTW
    • Teach all children how to walk, talk and use the potty
    • Build the following with the minimum:
    Nursery; a crib, high chair, toybox, xylophone, blocks, rug, rocking chair (if available)
    Twin room; two single beds, dollhouse, toy oven, rocking horse, costume chest, train set (if available)
    Rumpus room; tv, video games, 4-seat table for homework, rugs, beanbags or comfy chairs, game tables, stereo
    Granny annex; cottage or over-garage suite with bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette and entertainment
    • Have each child find love and start their own family (marriage and/or kids), only the heir must remain in the home
    • Have three grandchildren (by heir or spares)
    • Build at least three double bedrooms and two en-suite bathrooms

Extra options here
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Generation Six - Body Builder

Sometimes your physique is the structure you need to work on most

• Reach level 10 of Professional Sports career
    • Build a home gym containing the minimum
    Treadmill x2
    Weights machine
    Floor to ceiling mirrors x2
    Stereo
    • Max athletic skill and skill challenges
    • Achieve Superstar Athlete, or Perfect Mind, Perfect Body LTW

Extra options here
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Generation Seven - Staying Alive

Your ancestors have built a mansion of luxury and your community is thriving. All you want to do is keep this, and your people, going

• Reach level 10 of the Law Enforcement (either branch), Medical, Military, Firefighter, or Lifeguard career.
    • Add to each and every room you have built so far:
    2 expensive paintings
    2 expensive plants
    Upgrade furniture to at least 7 on function (e.g. bed must have sleep 7 in description)
    New wallpaper and flooring throughout
    • Max handiness skill, achieve skill challenges, and upgrade at least 20 items
      Fireproof the home
      Achieve International Super Spy, Dynamic DNA Profiler, World Renowned Surgeon, or Become an Astronaut

Extra options here
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Generation Eight - Let Me Entertain You, Again

It’s about time you took advantage of the spotlight your family name has bestowed upon you

• Reach level 10 of the music (either branch), band, or a performance career
      Max the charisma skill or reach 5 star celebrity status
      Build a home performance gallery, including minimum:
    o 8 seats for an audience
    o A stage with props and/or equipment
    o Room for dancing
    • Achieve the Rock Star, Hit Movie Composer, Master Magician, Master Acrobat, or Vocal Legend LTW

Extra options here
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Generation Nine - As Above, So Below...

Time to build underground. What they can’t see, won’t hurt them…

• Reach level 10 of the criminal (either branch)
    • Build a secret lair in the basement, including minimum:
    Desk and computer for hacking
    Displays for ‘acquisitions’
    Entertainment and coffee machine
    No windows and candlelight only
    Vampire coffin beds, stasis chambers etc are welcome
    • Max logic skill
    • Achieve Emperor of Evil, Master Thief, or The Tinkerer LTW
    • Have the Evil or Kleptomaniac traits

Extra (including a version of this for almost every EP) options here
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Generation Ten - Where Next?
    Your home is fully renovated and is quite possibly the most luxurious home in town, if not the world! With your town kissing your feet, and maybe questioning your crazy parents, it’s time to expand your horizons!
    • If you do not own WA, IP, UL or IF then it is up to you whether your heir starts a new legacy in a new town or stays in their perfect estate!
    • World Adventures
      Have the Adventurous trait and the Seasoned Traveller or Great Explorer LTW, buy a vacation home in each place
    • University Life:
      Achieve any LTW, max at least one social group, and get your degree
    • Island Paradise:
      Move to Isla Paradiso and achieve the Grand Explorer or Resort Empire LTW
    • Into the Future:
      Achieve any LTW, have a legacy statue built, buy a house in Oasis Landing, befriend all descendants and have a Plumbot in the house, reach level 10 of a future career
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    It looks like fun - especially with the one thing per generation approach. Makes it more focussed. I'll be really interested to see how it goes for you :)
    So I took my time and finished this challenge, think I’ll post before and after photos of the Pimlico!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    If you're interested in watching me play out The Sims 4 version, check it out! :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihrlhZNdxxg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg