Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse racing skill stuck

My horse's racing skill is stuck at 5, no matter how hard I train him. I train him by going for rides and galloping and using the training posts.
He is still able to emprove his jumping skill.

Comments

• Options
    TripleHelixTripleHelix Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Mine is doing this same except I can't get to level 5 :/
  • Options
    RuntiestarRuntiestar Posts: 143
    edited October 2011
    Unfortunately, this has started with my mare as well. Her racing skill is stuck at three, but her jumping skill is able to increase.
  • Options
    2dyi372dyi37 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Same with mine...it is stuck at four and wont move but my jumping is also able to increase
  • Options
    RampionRampageRampionRampage Posts: 81 Member
    edited October 2011
    I can't even get to one. And believe me, if it takes this long/longer to get to one, there'd be a whole lot more threads on this topic. :?

EDIT: The Twallan'ss Overwatch mod recommended for this problem in the bugs thread for pets worked... I tried uninstalling the spellbook/deleting cache files and that didn't work, but for some reason the mod (which seems to be operating on the assumption that the spellbook is installed) did actually work.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    opolka21opolka21 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I had the same problem with mine. What worked for me is the running skill would increase by galloping around. SO I had my horse gallop around all the time and after forever I did get mine up to 10 just by galloping by itself.
  • Options
    RampionRampageRampionRampage Posts: 81 Member
    edited October 2011
    opolka21 wrote:
    I had the same problem with mine. What worked for me is the running skill would increase by galloping around. SO I had my horse gallop around all the time and after forever I did get mine up to 10 just by galloping by itself.

Didn't know galloping around accomplished that... which means my racing skill was VERY broken before the mod, heh.
  • Options
    DawniyaDawniya Posts: 9
    edited October 2011
    Whatever is going on, I hope it's fixed soon! My mare is stuck at Racing Skill Level 5. She's at 41.13 Training Hours and 22,786.83 Meters Galloped. The skill bar has not moved at all :cry: this is very disappointing!
  • Options
    DawniyaDawniya Posts: 9
    edited October 2011
    (Update) I did a Live Chat with Game Support. They told me to Upgrade my Graphics Card Device. (Told them) "So my Graphics Card Device is what's stopping my horse from getting over Racing Skill Level 5?" I was also thinking this could resolve the occasional game crashes I've been experiencing. (Their Response) "Yes". So I get off Chat and upgrade, download and install. Restart my Computer. Get back on game. No changes. Still no movement on Level Bar, at all, and experienced another Crash.
  • Options
    LaspyraLaspyra Posts: 597 Member
    edited October 2011
    Mine is stuck too. Ugh.. hopefully this is something they will fix.
  • Options
    ProbinsiyanaProbinsiyana Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2011
    My laptop is a high end one, it's an ASUS with Windows 7 and an i7 processor, 6gb of RAM speed plus an NVIDIA GeforceGTS360M CUDA 1GB processor and it's up to date but I still have the same racing skill problem...will try the galloping...
    Dawniya wrote:
    (Update) I did a Live Chat with Game Support. They told me to Upgrade my Graphics Card Device. (Told them) "So my Graphics Card Device is what's stopping my horse from getting over Racing Skill Level 5?" I was also thinking this could resolve the occasional game crashes I've been experiencing. (Their Response) "Yes". So I get off Chat and upgrade, download and install. Restart my Computer. Get back on game. No changes. Still no movement on Level Bar, at all, and experienced another Crash.
  • Options
    Dini60Dini60 Posts: 50 Member
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone found a solution to this that doesn't require installing a mod? My stallion has been stuck on level 3 for a full sim week now and no, galoping around is not helping.
  • Options
    freakwreckordzfreakwreckordz Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    This isn't meant to come out bad... But thank goodness I'm not the only one with this problem... My unicorn won't get past lvl 5 in racing... And it looks like its stuck in galloping too... Very frustrating... Bug after bug in this game... I love the Sims 3 so much, I just wish it wasn't always so buggy...

I hope someone finds a fix for this... My poor Unicorn keeps trying to increase her racing skill but to no avail...
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited January 2012
    This isn't meant to come out bad... But thank goodness I'm not the only one with this problem... My unicorn won't get past lvl 5 in racing... And it looks like its stuck in galloping too... Very frustrating... Bug after bug in this game... I love the Sims 3 so much, I just wish it wasn't always so buggy...

I hope someone finds a fix for this... My poor Unicorn keeps trying to increase her racing skill but to no avail...

All the unicorns I've seen have had maxed out skills.

Are you sure there aren't any conflicting mods? I have the Book of Talent from MTS, I got a glitch like that list night, and went ahead and made them increase with the book. From what I recall, that somewhat reset it.
  • Options
    MomsRule2MomsRule2 Posts: 12
    edited June 2012
    My female horse (I don't know what its called :-)) is stuck on skill level 5. She is half way up the bar and I have tried everything. :(

Edit: For Racing
  • Options
    Rael_BarclayRael_Barclay Posts: 82 Member
    edited December 2012
    Was a workaround found for this one for people with no premium content installed? Two horses of mine have had this problem, and I’ve found no solution.

Thanks!
  • Options
    kdimkakdimka Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    What worked for me was selling my horse at the equestrian center and then buying him back. After repurchasing him, he was able to gain skill normally. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    DawsTheDuckDawsTheDuck Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone, I know this is an old thread but I came here an hour ago looking for answers. I figured I should provide an answer if anyone encounters this problem in the future. To reset this bug, I used the Nraas Master Controller mod (highly recommended), went into the mod interface through City Hall, entered the "Town" category, and then clicked "Reset All Objects" or something of that sort. Even though it takes a while to reset everything, I personally think it is quite worth it since almost all of the bugs I've noticed have been fixed. Also, please don't judge my account lol, I made it last year and just recently logged on so I could answer this problem :)

Cheers!
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! It's awesome you want to be able to help others who have the same problem you did, as you said this is an old thread however and considering it's been inactive since 2013 I'm going to go ahead and close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top