Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention MASTER Entrants for #BnS117 - The Hawthorne Project - Part IX

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    So the basic rules are you can completely change everything other than the exterior walls? Kinda like a shell challenge?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    So the basic rules are you can completely change everything other than the exterior walls? Kinda like a shell challenge?

Yes.
    image.png
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #118 - Spring Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Brook Bungalow in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Urban Elegance
    LOT COST: $3000.00
    GALLERY COST: $424,288.00
    TOTAL COST: $427,288.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/SKvktaC
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have taken the Goth mansion and given it more of an updated elegant style. I have placed it on a bigger lot and rotated it so the original right side is now the front. Knowing the Goth family has wealth, I figured that we might as well make it look like it, and have given them everything that their little sim hearts could desire :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Artwork by AlJay2000
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    74qnO4i.png
    sfQOoAA.png
  • Options
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    HOUSEHOLD: The Goth's get a Makeover
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ehedOZp
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Goth family has gotten a brand new look. They are still very classy, but they have more of a modern twist. Cassandra may be going through a bit of a rebellious streak, we are not sure. All in all, they are a pretty good looking family.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    s30Y2gI.png
    5yl7djh.png
  • Options
    jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    @Aljay...if you could see my face it would be :o because that is outstanding!
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    Aww, thanks @jeswainston65 :)
  • Options
    DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    edited May 2019
    Room Entry Form.
    CHALLENGE #118 - Spring Designer Showdown.

FORUM ID: Devilariah.
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah.
    LEVEL: Established.
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EB81B04C705F11E985E3300AFEBA9278?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Devilariah&max=50&maxis=false
    (Room looks dark on the Gallery, don't know how to fix it :/ )
    GALLERY COST: 43032.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Pd9T3s8
    ENTRY DETAILS: A new room for Cassandra Goth! Her aspiration is to become a musical genius, so her room is packed with musical instruments. She's gloomy, creative and a muser. These traits will definitely help her achieve her goal, as will this room! For this challenge i decided to forgo the gothic style and go full spring mode.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    PX0uEUu.png
    TaINeUe.png
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    edited May 2019
    FORUM ID:Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID:Mannanna
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Park Shore, Willow Creek - moved to The Lighthouse in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: Ophelia Villa

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Ophelia Villa
    ENTRY DETAILS: I might have misunderstood the whole challenge, I didn't build having the Goth family in mind at all. I imagined a new family, with a passion for all things Victorian, getting their hands on an old Victorian they tried to renovate to its former glory, yet with the comfort of today's living. As I mention in the slide show this build was meant to be on a different lot but I had trouble with Seasons this time. Willow Creek doesn't seem to have a nice summer in my game this year! :) But, it's not all ugly where it sits in my opinion.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

BbP0EFd.png
    vpaTFm0.png
    Post edited by mannanna on
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    That's an amazing home @mannanna !
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    That's an amazing home @mannanna !

Thank you @pronterus, I'm very impressed by your build! I had to take a private tour of it. :)
    The roof is perfection and I am amazed at all the spandrels you have inside without the roof "bleeding" into the building.
  • Options
    kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    wow all these amazing builds! I'm almost afraid to post mine :#

...but @BuildnShare I may need an extension of time bc while play testing I figured out I have an error and still don't know how to fix it.
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited May 2019
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: moved to Brindleton Bay, placed on the Chateau Frise lot, 40x40
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8304813B70E511E98E95CA29C2E638E2?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=iampes23&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $4,000
    GALLERY COST: $337,562
    TOTAL COST: $341,562
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/GlzZU7Z
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to move the house to a bigger lot where the family had a bigger yard to enjoy and a better view. I also added on to the building to be able to make larger, more spacious rooms and hallways. The house was gutted inside, redesigned, and added on to. The original house exterior walls remain, although some doorways go through those walls. I also changed the windows and doors to give the house a more pleasing look. It has the Celebrity Home, Convivial, and Gnomes traits.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    OocTTcb.png

vB2VedC.png
    Post edited by iampes23 on
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Wow! there are some awesome builds! I am glad I am still established! lol Great job everyone!! I hope there are a few more entries before the deadline!!
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited May 2019
    CHALLENGE #118 – Designer Showdown (Reno of Ophelia Villa)
    FORUM ID: SheriGR
    ORIGIN ID: SheriGR
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Seaside Ophelia Villa
    LOT NAME: Built on: Chateau Frise 40x40 lot, $4,000 (Brindleton Bay)
    LOT COST: $4,000
    GALLERY COST: $381,564
    TOTAL COST: $385,564
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Jo4X1el

ENTRY DETAILS: This renovation of Ophelia Villa was designed to provide a new atmosphere with many opportunities to nurture positive growth and interactions for the entire Goth household. Ophelia Villa is now a classy & lovely home with features to encourage creativity and socialization. Special features include a lovely gazebo for sunny luncheons; a formal living room, a formal dining room, & a formal music room; a cheerful and homey kitchen and cook’s 4-season greenhouse stocked with multi-veggie, multi-fruit and multi-herb plants that will allow Bella to cook many new gourmet dishes for her family and friends while enjoying tending the small garden; it is cat-ready so they can welcome a new fur-baby, & so much more! Renovations have been made throughout the entire home and grounds. It was also designed for a brand new town (Brindleton Bay) to be situated on a lovely seaside lot! ♥

Oh, and to make sure they can afford their new digs & social standing comfortably, a money tree has been included on the roof patio area. :)

It features the ‘Sunny Aspect’, ‘Home Studio’, and ‘Homey’ lot traits.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, No Mods.
    TWITTER TAG: @SheriGr
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    LKOnfNC.jpg
    TppJYhJ.jpg
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    I am having trouble with the gallery. If I submit the rest, can my gallery link be a tiny bit late while I beat my head against the wall?
    owEyOd7.png
  • Options
    ARGH if you take photos in tab mode where do they save???
    owEyOd7.png
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited May 2019
    Mikkiness wrote: »
    ARGH if you take photos in tab mode where do they save???

@Mikkiness In your Documents Electronic Arts The Sims 4 Folder in Screenshots is where you'll find your pictures :)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: mikkiness
    ORIGIN ID: prettypuzzle
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rebuilt on Coorinberg Cottage lot in Windeberg (40x30)
    NEW LOT LINK: Okay, it shows up on the game gallery if you search "prettypuzzle" and make sure to click CC on, but I cannot make it show up in the web gallery. I'm sorry.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: ugh this is not going well. Try the correct link here please.
    ENTRY DETAILS: Completely remodelled. Featuring a children's play-space, sculpture garden, and graveyard. Indoors includes a grand staircase, entertainment and prep kitchens, three bedrooms with ensuites and a private study.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    Bakie for animated/recoloured lilies.
    TheJim07 for: Reynard the Raven, Gothique Skull Chest, Washington's Deluxe Fireplace (Tall)
    EletroDJ for Leao XV fountain
    Telescope by Katvip/Converted by HistoricalSimsLife who also did the TSM Two Dowes Wardrobe
    Sailfindragon for the Square Tile Floor and Striped Carpet
    Coffin Jewelry box from iyas
    Pearlstitches did the Watercolour Bed
    MidnightPearl did the Sausage Carpet
    icedlemonade provided the Ombre Wall
    My Impregnable Fortress bed from simis45
    And Juglan's stove from wondymoon
    Also Snug Rug recolours by Simmiler

Oops! Also, I did the daring hall tree recolours!

I think that's everybody! (Now I've added Simmiler's rug recolour anyway)
    Post edited by Mikkiness on
    owEyOd7.png
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    @Mikkiness your build has cc you wont be able to get a web link for it and forgot to hashtag #BnS118
  • Options
    Drat - I did too forget the hashtag. Two seconds while I hop back in and add that.
    owEyOd7.png
  • Options
    WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member

FORUM ID:wildflower1971
    ORIGIN ID:wildflower1971
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: the summer home 40x30 windenberg
    NEW LOT LINK: Spring At Ophelia Villa
    LOT COST: 3000
    GALLERY COST: 388,988
    TOTAL COST: 391,988
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Spring At Ophelia Villa
    ENTRY DETAILS: "Spring at Ophelia Villa" History (and mystery) emanates from this tri-story #Gothic #mansion. Ophelia Villa has been re-done for #spring to lighten and brighten the best of what this mansion has to offer plus a few additions and deck expantions. #BnS118 #wildflower1971 #atrium. I added Two Atriums one on the first floor and one on the top floor also exspanded the wrap around deck owners can now walk from the front to the back via the deck and atrium on first floor and on second floor can enjoy the seating area to the front and able to walk to the back door second floor with out going inside. roof top is now a deck with an atrium attached to the top bedroom. Owners will have some of the prettiest veiws from this rooftop garden. Front entry was decked out in flowers with ivy cascading over the front of the building.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG:none
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Kristine Marie
    TUMBLR LINK: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    59658705_860882490924363_9043840857693749248_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQkGLaLEv8z6Y-pSvruAiVJr7wE42ClbQWwfwWFY5xpG5GocgDUQvCu0dcwcyfEFhIg&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=a13ea0a68138baafe1f70b28223468bb&oe=5D2E4B25

59446715_859636901048922_8448512773620498432_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQl69eR5BLJmsygfUcMhS-gX3A6TFVQR57EdkH2sG_fjimPNkzVNg_HU4tjIZLuYgs4&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=b38ec938599f32d672e463ce0f9d5b0f&oe=5D63CBDE

James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • Options
    Re-examing my photos, I appear to have four bars.

In a house with three floors and four people.

I might have accidentally implied that Bella and/or Mortimer need alcohol constantly within reach.
    owEyOd7.png
  • Options
    @WILDFLOWER1971 - I adore all the plants on your lot. That little conservatory is lovely and the combo of the brick and ivy on the exterior gives the house a great sense of age.

@SheriGR - I love all your outdoor spaces. The rooftop patio is charming and you've done some really clever things with the layout.

@iampes23 - that fireplace tv combo on the ground floor is genius. And doubling the original floorplan is super clever :)

@mannanna - your roof! *dies of jealousy* I would do bad things to be that good at roofing. Also I spotted some amazing stuff going on with columns through your build.

@Aljay - I adore that old-time urban elegance - stunning! Also the entire basement level is wonderful.
    owEyOd7.png
  • Options
    DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM.

FORUM ID: Devilariah
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah
    LEVEL: Established.
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5876FDDC716211E981AF0F1E2936D1CC?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Devilariah&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/IF1Rtya
    ENTRY DETAILS: Makeover Time!! The Goth family is getting ready for spring and moving into their madeover home. I tried to go for simple, clean and bright looks. We did experiment with a little hair dye... Cool, bright blues for the parents, lovely violet for Cassandra, and bright blond for Alexander.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    beQKZla.png
    Z0gSpqj.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file