Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laptops?

So I noticed laptops come with Strangerville. Do they actually work? Can my sims move about with them in their inventory? I have been longing for laptops for my sims and if they do work I think I am finally sold.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2019
    They can put the laptop in their inventory and take it with them anyplace. But you have to drag the laptop from the inventory onto a surface for them to use it. For example, a counter, desk, table, etc just like any other computer. They won’t just sit on the couch or on the floor and use them if that’s what you’re thinking.

Also, if your game is on the latest update, they added a laptop for free in the most recent patch.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Also, they don't open and close so those animations aren't there as well.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    They can put the laptop in their inventory and take it with them anyplace. But you have to drag the laptop from the inventory onto a surface for them to use it. For example, a counter, desk, table, etc just like any other computer. They won’t just sit on the couch or on the floor and use them if that’s what you’re thinking.

Also, if your game is on the latest update, they added a laptop for free in the most recent patch.

For me that is poor planning and execution of an design. :(
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    aujineh wrote: »
    So I noticed laptops come with Strangerville. Do they actually work? Can my sims move about with them in their inventory? I have been longing for laptops for my sims and if they do work I think I am finally sold.

it's no longer Strangerville exclusive, it also come as a reward for Freelancer career in a base game.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited May 2019
    Is it just me not finding the right laptop, or must sims have the Freelance career to unlock the laptop??? What a bummer, laptops should be for everyone... even teens.

I also need to add that EA should make it easier - not harder - for us when naming the objects. Searching "laptop" will get you no matches at all... (PS: I don't have Strangerville GP)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg