Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holidays you've created?

Comments

• TyrianPrinceTyrianPrince Posts: 44 Member
    Added a Cool Down Day as a Summer holiday, activities including drinks, fireworks, grilling, and watching sports, kind of modeled after American Independence Day celebrations, basically.
  • godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    I created a 4th of July holiday. Activities include fireworks, campfire and grilling. I added a football season closer to the "thanksgiving" holiday, which just includes watching sports. I added Christmas eve, which just includes doing winterfest activities. Lastly, I added a vacation holiday towards the end of summer to sort of mimic when school students get a summer break.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited April 2019
    I created a 4th of July holiday. Activities include fireworks, campfire and grilling. I added a football season closer to the "thanksgiving" holiday, which just includes watching sports. I added Christmas eve, which just includes doing winterfest activities. Lastly, I added a vacation holiday towards the end of summer to sort of mimic when school students get a summer break.

Ooo the football thing is a good idea! You inspired me to make a new holiday I called "Big Game Day" and it's traditions are: Watch Sports TV, Drinking, Air Grievances (to simulate fighting over whose team is better), Play Games (it is "game day" after all, nice for the kids), and Invite Guests Over (superbowl party woo!). Thanks for the ideas!
  • godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    > @MLadyAzzera said:
    > godfatheroz2 wrote: »
    >
    > I created a 4th of July holiday. Activities include fireworks, campfire and grilling. I added a football season closer to the "thanksgiving" holiday, which just includes watching sports. I added Christmas eve, which just includes doing winterfest activities. Lastly, I added a vacation holiday towards the end of summer to sort of mimic when school students get a summer break.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ooo the football thing is a good idea! You inspired me to make a new holiday I called "Big Game Day" and it's traditions are: Watch Sports TV, Drinking, Air Grievances (to simulate fighting over whose team is better), Play Games (it is "game day" after all, nice for the kids), and Invite Guests Over (superbowl party woo!). Thanks for the ideas!

No problem! Happy I inspired you. I like your take on Big Game Day. Now if only they could add footballs to the game to throw around in the backyard with your kid!. One can hope.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    I haven't been nearly as imaginative as you all I'm afraid. My seasons last 14 days so I've only added the following in between the default holidays:

1) Bunny Day (i.e. Easter - 2nd Sunday in Spring)
    Traditions: Egg Hunt, Flower Bunny, Grand Meal, Baking
    Day off work/school

2) Leisure Day (i.e. Summer bank holiday - 2nd Monday in Summer)
    Traditions: Bar-B-Que, Drinking, Water Fun, Go on a Vacation or Travel
    Day off work/school

3) Spooky Day (i.e. Halloween - Friday 6th of Autumn)
    Traditions: Decorate (Spooky), Trick or Treat, Wear Costumes, Spooky Spirit

I've also thought about adding Bonfire Night and Remembrance Day, but decided not to for now since I don't want Autumn clogged up with holidays.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited April 2019
    Spring:
    Easter-Sunday in week 1 of spring. Attend holiday ceremony, flower bunny, egg hunt, baking. Spring decorations.
    Mother's Day-Sunday in week 2 of spring. Gift gifts, thankful spirit, give flowers.
    Valentine's Day-Thursday in week 2 of spring. Romantic spirit, go on a date, give flowers, romantic TV. Love Day decorations.

Summer:
    Independence Day/4th of July-Thursday in week 1 of summer. BBQ, fireworks, water fun, invite guests, party spirit.
    Father's Day-Sunday in week 2 of summer. Give gifts, thankful spirit, games.
    Since the kids and teens don't automatically get summer breaks, in a technical sense, everyday minus the weekends are a 'holiday' since that's the only way for them to have a true summer vacation. Most of the days have no traditions since that would make it feel more like an actual holiday when all I want is a break from school for them, but there are some days with 1 tradition like cleaning (since I know the lack of school/work would probably result in messes all over the house) or tell stories (my idea of the family just sitting and chatting about what they did over vacation).

Autumn:
    Children's Day-Saturday in week 1 of autumn. Give gifts, games.
    Thanksgiving-Thursday in week 2 of autumn. Attend holiday ceremony, thankful spirit, grand meal, decorate, sports TV. Harvestfest decorations.

Winter:
    Christmas Eve-Wednesday in week 2 of winter. Decorate, father winter, festive spirit. Winterfest Decorations.
    Christmas-Thursday in week 2 of winter. Attend holiday ceremony, grand meal, give gifts, open presents, festive lighting.
    New Years Eve-Saturday in week 2 of winter. Countdown to midnight, make resolutions, decorate , party spirit, fireworks. New Years Eve decorations.
    Just like with summer, I created a winter break. It occurs on the 2nd week of winter utilizing the non-holiday, non-weekend days and none of those days have traditions since I already have 3 actual holidays in this season.

My new updated list with the now added Children's Day. Japan's is in spring, but I put mine in autumn since I only had one holiday in that season anyway. No new wacky holidays, but I'm fine with that. :)
    Post edited by ListentoToppDogg on
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Fasting day
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ClassicSimsClassicSims Posts: 49 Member
    Woohoo day! Just a day filled with romantic interactions, flirting, and seduction. It's a day off to enjoy and relive your first romantic experience. I really enjoyed playing it, and apparently so did my sims :wink:
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Scandal Day... It involves a lot of streaking and a lot of children not being allowed to leave the house. I also added Vampire Extinction day because I like to think that the community outside of Forgotten Hollow has no idea that vampires still roam among them...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    When Malcolm Landgraab died in my game, I created Landgraab's Day in his honour. It's a day for sims to do what Malcolm loved doing - airing grievances!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    valentines day
    spring break
    Easter
    summer holiday
    Halloween
    bonfire night
    thanksgiving
    xmas eve
    xmas day
    boxing day
    new year eve
    new year day

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited May 2019
    Just wanted to point out that this year, tomorrow, May the Fourth and World Naked Gardening Day happen to coincide.

bfkktklnlulb.png

With Cinco de Mayo on Sunday, this is going to be one hell of a weekend. My sims will be wasted.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Easter and when my 2nd generation teen sim became a young adult... The beginning of Aoi! (Holiday. The legacy is Japanese don't judge me.) His adopted sister and aunt froze to death that very day. Both never having a chance to find true love :'(. Lol
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • setevaseteva Posts: 69 Member
    In honor of my home, I made a Kentucky Derby Holiday. First Saturday in the summer (First saturday in May every year, closest I could come to that, without putting it in spring)
    Just wanted to point out that this year, tomorrow, May the Fourth and World Naked Gardening Day happen to coincide.

bfkktklnlulb.png

With Cinco de Mayo on Sunday, this is going to be one hell of a weekend. My sims will be wasted.

May the fourth be with you! and the... gardening...
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I have my seasons set to 14 days and there are 3-4 days between each holiday except for Winterfest/Boxing Day and Summer Break/Summer Vacation. I don't remember what day of the week they all are on without looking.

Winter:
    Winterfest - I added attend holiday ceremony, otherwise it's pretty much the original
    Boxing Day - Fighting and exercising (preferably with the punching bag, I have a thing for bad puns)
    Big Game Day - Watching sports, drinking, party spirit, play games
    New Year's Eve - same as original

Spring:
    Love Day - same as original
    Blossomfest - egg hunt, flower bunny, baking, grand meal, holiday ceremony
    Fool's Day - mischief and streaking

Summer:
    4th of Memorial - fireworks, remembrance, drinking and grilling
    Summer Break/Summer Vacation - two days in a row with travel and play games as activities. One has party spirit and the other has tell stories, to encourage sims to interact on vacation.
    Summer's End - water activities, bonfires, drinking and grilling

Fall:
    Spooky Day - trick or treat, decorations, spooky spirit, party spirit. I don't use the costumes activity because it's so limited in costume options, but I usually do dress them up on that day. I sometimes throw costume parties.
    Ancestor's Day - Remembrance and Story-telling
    Harvestfest - removed the gnomes, can't remember if I replaced them with something
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I've added all real holidays to my game and changed the name of the Sim holidays to it's corresponding holiday in real life, i.e. I changed 'Winterfest' to 'Christmas' and 'Harvestfest' to 'Thanksgiving.' I also added Independence Day, Halloween, and Black Friday :D
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    oh I forget birthdays to
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I want to make a summer break
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm thinking about getting Littlemssams 21 days instead of 28 days for seasons and then each week can be one month, and I'll set the lifespan to long too. *shudder* I've never done that before.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I want to make a summer break

You can set each day as a holiday and click on the box that says no work/school.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

I think I'll do a Canada Day or... Maple Syrup Day :D
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    I renamed the existing holidays to ones I know, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day. I added ones like Halloween, Pride, etc. Spaced them out so I get 1 a week, with 2 week seasons.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I added basics like Spooky Day and "Springfest", which is kinda like a combined Easter and general spring celebration--I included activities like cleaning and gardening as well as egg hunting and the bunny to give it a "spring cleaning" type vibe. But there really didn't seem to be much in summer, so I added two that were loosely based on 4th of July type things here in the US: first, Summerfest (I actually changed Harvestfest to Autumnfest in one game, so there's a 'Fest' for each season) which sims get the day off for and has activities like vacationing, grilling, and water fun; and then the second is "Celebration Day" which has fireworks, fire interactions, and 'art and music spirit' and telling stories.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I recently watched a film named The Purge. Now that would make a fun holiday (for me anyway).