Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bakery Set

Hi I just bought the bakery set and placed it in my town. Is there a way to set it up to work as a bakery without owning it myself? I can hire a sals person but I cant seem to set it up so it has stuff to sell.

Comments

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited March 2019
    Lilia1971 wrote: »
    Hi I just bought the bakery set and placed it in my town. Is there a way to set it up to work as a bakery without owning it myself? I can hire a sals person but I cant seem to set it up so it has stuff to sell.

It's been a while since I played it but does the bakery not come with pies, cookies, cakes, etc. already on the shelves?

You can get more items by shift-clicking on the bakery oven appliance,(the one with the rolling pin) for options. They usually show up on the floor which you can then move to the glass or wooden shelves. It's a bit of a pain but I do it with my bakery. Never hired a sales person though.

(testingcheatsenabled true, then shift-click on the bakery oven.

• Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    When I placed it, all the stuff was on shelves, then I visited in game and it was empty. Ill try what you suggested above. Thanks.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    If you're not opposed to using mods, the Nraas Cupcake mod will stock the shelves for you every night:

https://www.nraas.net/community/Cupcake

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Besides for using the NRaas Cupcake mod, you will also need to click on the cash registers after you place it, and choose "hire cashier." Your sims don't have to own the bakery to do it, at least not if you use the mod. I don't know whether it would work if you don't have it, but it wouldn't do any good anyway, if there's nothing to sell.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    If you're not opposed to using mods, the Nraas Cupcake mod will stock the shelves for you every night:

https://www.nraas.net/community/Cupcake

Yes, I agree with KevinL5275 - the NRaas Cupcake mod is really useful for this bakery set. It will refill your bakery displays everyday at 5am while (most) everyone sleeps. You can also select which dishes should be used to fill the displays - basically anything that you can eat, breafast, lunch, dinner as well desserts. You can set this for all the bakery displays in town (click on the city hall -> NRaas -> Cupcake) or you can click on individual displays if you want specific dishes for that display.

You can put the displays in any lot. I've put them in most of my commercial lots so my sims can eat wherever they are. You don't need the register in that case - when a sim buys a single or group serving, they automatically pay from the display.

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    We got into trouble with some players on that one. Our developer has an unusual sense of humor (and note this comment is coming from me, of all people) and had put into the write-up for the Cupcake mod that no matter where you put the bakery displays, even on the roof, they will auto-refill at 5am.

He didn't mean we had to do that literally, he meant that the refill operation is very forceful. Suddenly we had players with racks full of cakes and pies on their sims' rooftops wanting to know why we told them to put them up there. Some slight adjustments to the instructions were then in order. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited March 2019
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Besides for using the NRaas Cupcake mod, you will also need to click on the cash registers after you place it, and choose "hire cashier." Your sims don't have to own the bakery to do it, at least not if you use the mod. I don't know whether it would work if you don't have it, but it wouldn't do any good anyway, if there's nothing to sell.

Which cash register do you use?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    IreneSwift wrote: »

Which cash register do you use?

It's called Sweet Nothing Simoleon Register. There are also bakery sales rugs that are supposed to go underneath the display racks. I don't know whether that means the displays can't be filled if they're not there, but they are under all of them in the store bakery, so I used them in the smaller bakery I made.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Believe me, NRAAS Cupcake REALLY works.

I made my own little bakery for a video... Stocked up right to the gills every single night - the shelves were loaded with baked goods.
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot-29.jpg
    As @IreneSwift said, you put down the Sweet Nothing Simoleon Register. Never knew about the rugs, but I found that all the shelves were stocked regardless of the bakery rugs.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Hi. Thanks for all the replies. I'll add that mod now and see what happens.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    From memory, I think you need the rugs under the shelves (can't recall actusl name) if you want sims to buy from those tall bakery shelves.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2019
    I put the bakery rugs underneath counters if I have some food I want to sell placed on top of the counters.

@Nikkei_Simmer - That's a lovely bakery!
    I got the mod and it’s working great. Thanks for the help.
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    I just got this set too.....and rut roh...it's not restocking itself? No one owns it, so I just assumed.......hmmm. Does the shelf keep food good forever? I miss the TS2 days when food in your inventory lasted forever. If anyone is using parts of this set for anything clever, I'd love to hear about it. I kind of don't get it and again have testing to do, but I'm already doing that on well....everything else :)
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

I just got this set too.....and rut roh...it's not restocking itself? No one owns it, so I just assumed.......hmmm. Does the shelf keep food good forever? I miss the TS2 days when food in your inventory lasted forever. If anyone is using parts of this set for anything clever, I'd love to hear about it. I kind of don't get it and again have testing to do, but I'm already doing that on well....everything else :)

You need the Cupcake mod from NRAAS to get it to restock. It's a painful experience without that mod. Genies work well though as they can summon food. Faster than getting your Sim to spend all day each day baking to restock.
  • Arya_Stark_2Arya_Stark_2 Posts: 10 New Member
    Going to get this when I go home
    @Nikkei_Simmer I just read your post. If you put the rugs under the stocked bakery cabinets and shelves the sims can buy items direct from the shelves/cabinets. You don't need the register.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    (igazor: oooh, dear, that so could have been me :sweat_smile::D )

Thanks for that mod tip @KevinL5275 !!
    5JZ57S6.png