Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

anyone having trouble logging in to

Comments

• DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I seriously don't understand why we have to go through Origin to play our games. With how much we pay for them I feel like we should be able to access them when we whenever we want to access them. I hate that games are shifting more and more to online because when the servers go down we get into our games...and even if we don't need the internet to play them we still need it to get into them. Just doesn't make sense to me.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited May 2019
    There are problems mainly in the European area with less in Japan and USA from what I saw on

https://downdetector.com/status/ea and
    https://downdetector.com/status/ea/map/

I started with the game online but then Sims and Origin told me I was offline so I've given up for today and going to bed.

It might be a good idea to add these to your Favorites for future reference. I always assume it's their problem not mine now. :/
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I'm in the USA and I can't get in. It says I don't have any games in my library.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yeah there's a little yellow blip in my area on that map. They probably reckon most of us are sleeping or thinking about going to bed in this part of the world, but night owls like myself enjoy playing late at night.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I seriously don't understand why we have to go through Origin to play our games. With how much we pay for them I feel like we should be able to access them when we whenever we want to access them. I hate that games are shifting more and more to online because when the servers go down we get into our games...and even if we don't need the internet to play them we still need it to get into them. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Exactly.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Down all day long. How pathetic.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Remember, when we pay for the games......we are really just renting them!
    Here one day, gone the next :s
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I had a lot of trouble with this website..it kicked me out and I couldn't log back in for awhile. I'm very upset that I can't play my game even in offline mode!
    Of course they would be having problems where I live. I'm in PA. :/
    edited May 2019
    I am back online , but chat is offline and I can't access the gallery.
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Nothing works for me. I'm in Michigan.
  • Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    it is up but the chat is still down
    I just tried and origin came up but is mainly blank. Guess its a start
  • brittany_jeanbrittany_jean Posts: 25 Member
    > @simm621 said:
    > I had to start sims up from the desktop because I was I having trouble logging into Origin, when I finally got in it was offline and I couldn't get into my library.

Thanks for reminding me starting from the desktop is an option! TS4 loaded up a little slowly but otherwise seems to be working fine. Origin gives me an error and then claims I don't have any games (I only play the Sims). Hopefully they get it sorted out soon.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You should be able to play offline. The only difference would be accessing the gallery or anything else online. Your game play should not be affected as it's in your own computer.
  • Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    chat is back up same with origin
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I was already signed in here, and it kept telling me I don't have permission. Had to keep hitting sign in until it decided to let me post. This is very irritating and really not worth my while.

Yes, you can play offline, but I want the Gallery access.

Wonder what happened? Is Origin getting ready for a big update or something? Is the Gallery getting ready for an overhaul?

I sure hope there is an explanation for this.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Create a desktop shortcut to your game and you can play without going through Origin. I was able to log into Origin a couple hours ago, the game loaded fine, then I was unable to enter any lots and play. This is nuts. Steam was having a lot of problems, was constantly updating or verifying installations every time I booted up my computer so I uninstalled it. But to have Origin go down on a weekend is flat out annoying.
    edited May 2019
    Nancy01905 wrote: »
    chat is back up same with origin

thanks, Nancy, I'll see if I can get into the game. Game loaded even thou it said I don't have any games in my library, Origin says its online but can't access the gallery.
    I can login, chat's back up, still can't access the gallery. Well it's getting there at least.
    Finvola wrote: »
    I can login, chat's back up, still can't access the gallery. Well it's getting there at least.

same for me.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Ya, I had the same problem and am in Canada so I wonder what had happened thought has to do with my computer I found out on Twitter what had happened. glad that got fixed though it started it last night as well I restarted my computer origin load up..
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
    All working for me now, gallery just came back up.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    There are problems mainly in the European area with less in Japan and USA from what I saw on

https://downdetector.com/status/ea and
    https://downdetector.com/status/ea/map/

I started with the game online but then Sims and Origin told me I was offline so I've given up for today and going to bed.

It might be a good idea to add these to your Favorites for future reference. I always assume it's their problem not mine now. :/

Maybe the May Day holiday in Europe blew the servers? From the tweets at ea help, it sounds like everyone over the pond was trying to play FIFA all at once.

I finally was able to get into my game offline via Origin. (I've got the original disk...somewhere.) When I got into it, I was advised that I was playing offline and should shut down my game and try to reconnect. This was a mistake, as it took another half hour to get back in again. I told Origin to stuff it the next time the message came up, and played my game without further issues.

So frustrating - I was finally ready to move my family to the new house I'd been working on - they'd been in the old one for 16 generations. I usually bring work home and do that while I do the laundry on Sunday before I kick back and play the Sims, but I got so much done on Saturday, I figured I could have a whole day to myself (and my Sims). ::kicks EA::
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Yes, it's still iffy today for me, hit or miss.

I hope it means they're gearing up for a big sale, but I doubt it. The Star Wars Stuff will probably dominate for a while.