Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no autonomous swimming?

Do your sims autonomously use their pool? I'm in the summer and I have 8 sims in my house, complaining of a heat wave, and NONE of them will go in the pool. I have free will on. any reason?

Comments

• Zero2HeroZero2Hero Posts: 253 Member
    Try un-checking the option that says "Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim". I had the same problem for Sims 3.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    My sims use the pool often and the slippy slide as well. Haven't had any problem with them jumping in the pool for a bit.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • FancyNightFancyNight Posts: 35 Member
    Mine tends to swim in the winter a lot for some reason??? I don't know why, she's odd.
    SilentConfusion.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims use their pools autonomously but it's very rare that they do it.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Come to think of it, I have never seen my sims jumped into the pool themselves but others sims not in a playable household do them while I visit their house. They only get into the pool when visiting public pool.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I used to like it in the early days of Cats & Dogs when dogs would arrive at the public pool and swim with their owners.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Mine use the pool all the time. In one save, my goofball sim likes to cannonball into the pool. In my other save, the whole family uses it, even during the winter!
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I haven't seen my sims swim in a long time. As a matter of fact I haven't had a dog swim either.
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I think it does depend on the particular Sim, and I don't understand what it is that makes some Sims use the pool on their own free will..and other will never even go into the Pool. My recent Family has never used the pool on their own, but they do LOVE the Slip & Slide. I wish Maxis would create a "Pool Party" feature and you could host a Pool Party in the game. I love to have them cook out and do outdoor things. I also wish that the Parties lasted longer....not enough time to get everything done.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I don't think my Sims have ever gone to the pool by themselves unless they were on a pool community lot.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I'm not sure if it's a trait related thing or not. My family who use it often are mostly loners. In my other save, it's mostly the goofball who uses it to do cannonballs and an erratic sim who seems to prefer cleaning herself in the pool rather than taking a shower. Which is nasty.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I guess there is no rhyme or reason. It's just weird. I doubt it's specific sims because it's all my sims in this household and other households. Same with TV...no one watches TV autonomously but they used to watch TV and swim alot by themselves. no big deal I guess.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    My sim swims autonomously every few days. She usually rolls a whim to dive then stays in the pool swimming afterwards. She doesn't do any other sort of exercise so maybe she is trying to stay fit.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Do your sims autonomously use their pool? I'm in the summer and I have 8 sims in my house, complaining of a heat wave, and NONE of them will go in the pool. I have free will on. any reason?

Yes, mine use it autonomously, usually when it's freezing out and I have to rescue them from imminent hypothermia...
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    My Sims love the pool. Will they use the pools on any other lots?
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Mine never go in on their own.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    I think my Sim family belongs to the Polar Sims Club. They prefer to autonomously swim in the dead of winter. Most especially in a blizzard!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    If I've previously made them swim a bit, ive noticed them automously going towards it after. I find my sims choosing it for a shower location when I auto solve their hygiene
    caitytrina.png
  • Endless_DaysEndless_Days Posts: 54 Member
    Why swim when you can play BlicBlock all day?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    If I've previously made them swim a bit, ive noticed them automously going towards it after. I find my sims choosing it for a shower location when I auto solve their hygiene

I've noticed that autonomy works like that in some cases. For example, no sims used the piano in their home, so I had one of the children play it often as part of the Creativity aspiration. Said child now autonomously plays the piano. It's like they remember and return.

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    My Sims wouldn't leave the pool alone! Even Father Winter went for a swim when my child Sim was trying to ask for presents. He didn't get any. :(
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    My sims spend more time trying to swim in their pool in the winter or fall on cold days then they do in the spring (on warm days) and in the summer. Drives me nuts.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »

this is crazy because this is happening. Once I controlled them to swim, they now swim autonomously. WEIRD!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Why swim when you can play BlicBlock all day?
    Lol!

• JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Mine only use it when it's a club rule, and I have free will on.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack