Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Just stopping in to say hi. As if finals aren't stressful enough, I had a doctor appointment this week and got some bad news (nothing serious, it's just going to be a struggle for awhile) and my mental health took a nosedive as a result...send good vibes please <3

Oh hun I'm so sorry to hear that. My mental health and I haven't been friends lately so I can relate in that aspect. I hope you feel better soon :heart: Hang in there!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    @everybody <3 I'm back, I've finally fixed my potato computer! :blush:
    I could have done it faster by sending it to some tech guy, but I really wanted to do it on my own since I'm the one that assembled it in the first place.
    Sorry if I've been away so long without a word, but the forum's not working on my phone... I don't know why, it just doesn't want to load images most of the times. I couldn't check your updates even if I tried (and I did try, a lot). I'll be back tomorrow, I have a lot to catch on and I want to read all of your posts <3
    I hope you've been doing well.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited May 2019
    @JordanNicoleJJ - sending you all the positive vibes right now, I hope you can power through finals and that the health things can be taken care of so you can rest ♥ Summer is coming (remember that)

@Kiwicantdie Congrats on fixing your computer!!! Its always a nice feeling when you accomplish things on your own though so I get wanting to do it yourself.
    Tryin' to catch up really hard on all the updates :*

@Heckstress17 what a fresh start! Can you guess how surprised I was to see such a big jump in your game after leaving the forum with the fam back in Brindleton Bay? I feel like I've fell into a black hole and came out in a new alternative universe :joy: But it's sooo nice to see/read! I'm loving everything about it! Your buildings constantly blow me away, I really mean it. You said that you struggled to get the hang of it somehow in the beginning, but I can say for sure that everything looks so well done! Teach me please??? :joy: can I just say that Marjorie is a fave of mine? Lol when I saw her marrying Ty I was fangirling really hard, that girl is so weird&precious, one in a million. OMG River Riggs <3 I can't. I CAN'T. I didn't know that I was going to love seeing Livvy with him so much, but something seemed dang right from the very first pics and- man, I fell in love with them. How is this possible??? What kind of magic is this??? Jesus. I think it's the fact that I'm seeing two games collide, yours and @JordanNicoleJJ, and I'm just stunned at the beauty of this. I didn't even have time to mourn properly Kato and Violet, because so much good stuff happened right after! Alyssa being jealous of Jace and Livvy's bond is the most fitting thing I've seen in a game, I swear, I'm still laughing at it :joy: congratulation to Ty and Marjorie for the twin boys! That's going to be a heck of a challenge for them, I can already picture it in my mind. I'm blown away by Brooklyn. First of all: a single birth (cheers to that bro!), then: brown hair??? a d o r a b l e. She looks sooo cute, I'm obsessed. She feels like such a good addition to the game! All the pics of her with the fam and Jace's fam are melting my heart. You're so good at taking pics, really, they feel so immersive!

@debjameswhite aaaw Spencer and Alissa! <3 it all happened so fast, man, I wish I was there to comment on your updates as they were coming out, now I feel like I'm reading a whole book worth of stories and I don't even know where to start! I guess I'll begin with your builds and how much I love how you decorated them. The party house transformed really well! Spencer looks so good as an actor, wow, talking about fitting careers for handsome sims :joy: I love all of the pics of him on set, he looks so good there in all the different outfits (every single one of them, I must say). Seein the fam grow more and more melts my heart. All the props to you for aiming at the ginger kid :joy: - I feel you, sometimes I do that in game too. OMG baby Sean is the chosen on?? You finally got the perfect combo! The rift between Alissa and Savannah is spicing things up and I love it :joy:
    I'm so sorry to hear about your health, though. I'm sure that it was super painful and I'm hoping you're feeling better already. Also, if I'm not mistaken you and @Heckstress17 both live in America, right? Looking at how much you have to pay for something like a root canal is absolutely insane and unacceptable - at least from my Italian point of view. Like- what??? That's not normal and it shouldn't be your normal.

@blondiebabe923 Hope is so pretty! I love her attitude too <3 I hope (lol) I can read more of her in the future!

@JordanNicoleJJ I missed your fam so much! It looks like you had some trouble with updates too (and still are), I hope your health gets better as finals pass. It might sound cheesy, but really, it'll get better somehow and I'm crossing my finger for it to happen as soon as possible <3
    Severine surrounded by tiny toddlers is my new aesthetic :joy: Orion, Leo and Andromeda are all sooooo precious, my heart melts looking at their pics. Also, Orion aged up so well, I love his strong eyebrows xD. If he's not the chosen one, does that mean that Andromeda might be the heir?

@Ojenn your pc too??? Wow, I feel you! Luckily, my pc's issue didn't involve any drive so everything is still safe. So sad to know your save is gone, but I'm happy to see that it didn't stop you from starting all over again! I adore Savannah, she looks ready to become the master vampire of all <3. You did so well with the build. Aaand: what a hot Vlad you got there :flushed:

I hope I didn't miss anybody (though I'm sure I missed something for sure)

Since it looks like some of you asked about my ID, I'll share it with my next update... along with the Austins :blush:
    I'll be back.
    KEBB11a.png
    edited May 2019
    Update time! :mrgreen:

First of all, let me say just how nice it is to be back here <3 I missed you all.
    Thankfully, none of the problems my pc had involved my drives. My saves are safe (for now), so I should be back like before my hiatus. Considered for how much I was gone, I've decided to squish 2 updates in one and pic!spam a little. I hope you don't mind.
    A couple of changes I've done to my game: CC is still here, stronger than ever. I've downloaded new mods to enhance my game a little (slice of life mod and meaningful stories). I've changed the length of seasons to two weeks each, to enjoy them more + I've tweaked the lifespan of my sims to make the normal lifespan a tiny little bit longer; nothing major, just a few more days for every life stage.
    Here we go.

Starting strong with a birthday.
    Baby Adahy aged up.

BE3q0AV.png

Them eyes, though. Salali's eye genes are sooooo strong. Now four out of five grandchildren have officially her eye shape. I'm pleased with the way Adahy turned out. No weird hair color means... that yup, he's 100% the heir of GEN 3. Sorry Oliver.

8xjU4ZU.png

I don't even care what he's going to look like as an adult.

lTQUVHU.png

Because I already adore him.

D3mf2L7.png

Adahy is one curious little boy, from the moment he jumped out of the crib he didn't waste any time peeking around the house to learn new stuff. Even if that stuff was big brother's Oliver naked bum.

HsoX8bo.png

Gotta know where the poop goes.

5dlavO9.png

I don't know why, it feels like he has such an intense personality despite his cheerful face.

Jq6wQPp.png

Mama Clover started looking after him as soon as possible, to prepare him for his future.
    "And this, Adahy, is what I'm serving for dinner to make you stronger and healthier."

po0TrX6.png

"How dare you feed me veggies, woman."

OTCUHDY.png

"You'll regret this for life."

0NzN9TP.png

( :joy: now I get it, the boy is a Scorpio :joy: )

Anyway, Adahy wasn't the only one to age up in this household.
    It was finally time for little Cerise to turn into a child! As she approached the cake, she almost didn't seem convinced about this "growing up" thing.

KEoNuyz.png

... now do you get why I called her Pablita??? :joy:

KkU3Ocf.png

This girl is Pablo 2.0. Pablo XX, to be precise. I haven't peaked, but I'm sure that once she becomes an adult she's going to be the spitting image of her father. And again, she's the only one to not have inherited Salali's eyes out of all the grandchildren. I forgot to take pics of her traits: she's a genius little social butterfly.

So unimpressed with growing up that her lips glitched.

FBHYhKc.png

Her mood was so gloomy that she had to do her homework outside, standing in the rain. Poor thing. And you're not even a teen yet!

KtBlqX9.png

She probably wanted to play with Oliver and cousin Steven, since they were having a mud fight.

YZZoxCy.png

7gEfiVx.png

Steven started feeling sick after a while. And, I mean, of course: you're playing in the rain with mud wearing only a t-shirt. Come on, dude!
    (Also, I peaked in his cas as I was uploading them to the gallery :mrgreen: and let me tell you, I think this blondie is the most good looking out of all my sims yet.)

DF1HUff.png

Clover noticed that Pablita was having a bad day, so she helped her with her homework. Inside is better.

NAugC4E.png

I think Oliver took the whole heir thing quite well. Now that Adahy is a bit older, they both play together a lot.

yy4A2ZW.png

sIbXPyk.png

Slice of life hit Pablo first... with acne. He was so embarrassed about his pimples that his face turned red.

6tDVUeU.png

Pablita followed a couple of hours later.
    I don't think so, Pablita. I. Don't. Think. So.

6QJFxLo.png

Now, coming to what I had been working on before my computer died...
    Four new lots for my save.
    This is what I was spending most of my time on before I had to take a hiatus. My concept was... I don't even know if I had a concept :joy: I just wanted a neighborhood filled with community lots, and I wanted it to be somewhat "overgrown", old. All the building have lots of vines and flower on their walls. Nevermind the holiday decorations, please... they just never despawn from my community lots!
    I'm not a builder, but I did my best.
    From left to right: a library, a cafe, a museum and a lounge-wedding lot that I can't wait to use.

6XWlEPE.png

mg9bqyy.png

I wanted to have this double sidewalk, to make it look like all the buildings belonged to one block.

OQnCBWQ.png

I'll go more in depth with the other buildings in the next updates. For now, here it is the new Willow Creek library.
    (dang I hate that holiday decor soooo much! Please despawn already!!!)

c7pvq8n.png

ph0jZ98.png

AYbLfV4.png

WoKzx0T.png

YBbm7gB.png

20P0gBS.png

SwFcIxI.png

ak8MrNH.png

rwP2H5y.png

First floor.

mKnSVPF.png

And second floor (sorry for the horribly cropped pic)

epoxWfP.png

I built this thinking about all life stages, so everybody's covered.

Genius Pablita was happy to be surrounded by knowledge. Oliver not so much.

6skDuyb.png

DthUXAv.png

Adahy loved playing in the toddlers room.

w3kYEHe.png

Of course the rest of the Austins was there with them.

CZ2Jlgp.png

Guys, this is not a gym.
    (Like father like son I guess :joy: )

w8KgRgs.png

For whatever reason, the toddler room started to become way too crowded.
    I'm probably not the only one who loves this tiny sim to bits :wink:

bCxlSYC.png

Only Curtis remained in the end. Striped bro gotta teach little striped bro.

KIkdand.png

All of a sudden, as the rest of the fam was enjoying the nice weather, this happened.

6oG5HU3.png

Nikki Sharpe's mother dropped the bomb on Clover out of the blue.
    And Clover... well, she couldn't let this go.

3OSTgqO.png

She decided to give her good friend Lilah the news as they were playing chess outside.

Hj9qpL3.png

"You'll never guess what job I was just offered. I'm going to be a lead detective!"

0n5Http.png

Lilah's face tho :joy:
    "... are you sure you're just not going through a mid-life crisis, sweetie?"

Z3eBPEZ.png

Clover's enthusiasm didn't sway one bit. She was over the moon for this job.

j0Et1vJ.png

The trip to the library didn't last long, as her shift was about to start. I rushed them all home, so she could get ready. I couldn't almost believe my eyes that she was this happy about being a secret agent.

y0Admqu.png

Well...
    ... it lasted longer than a coffee break, I guess.

UJ9DXM9.png

Clover couldn't ignore the documents, no matter how hard she tried.
    And that was the end of her new career.

wb5nbTM.png

She was so depressed by the whole deal that she spent a few days in her pajamas, never changing, and drawing sad paintings.

0XQR2tl.png

Thankfully, her family cheered her up.

yw0NHsq.png

rGvHVSY.png

PkFvHWy.png

"You're still the best herbalist in town, girl."

qyHCmM5.png

I'm going to end this update with a picture that made me laugh quite a bit.
    Witness the most intense stare-down in history: Adahy vs Chicken :joy:

qF5duNx.png

Also: since I've noticed that some of you asked, I just wanted to let you know that my Gallery ID is Kiwicantdie, like my username here.
    Now, since the gallery was acting weird before, I'll post directly the link to the Austins, in case you want to mess with them :mrgreen:
    I've uploaded both families in the gallery (I hope they show up), and in the future I'll upload also the lots I'm building.

(Since I took all my cc off to upload them, I just wanted to say that they look hella weird to me without their usual skin overlay. Like... really, really weird.)
    (Do as you please with them, if you want to download them.)

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B1EB29C56E4711E98954048C513C46C4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Kiwicantdie&max=50&maxis=false
    Post edited by Kiwicantdie on
    KEBB11a.png
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ I'm sorry you got bad news when you're trying to focus on finals! I'm glad it's not too serious but still it's obviously weighing on you. I'll be thinking about you and sending you lots of positive energy. Just remember we're always here for you to support with words or play or whatever you need. <hugs>

@Kiwicantdie Ahhhhh <sighs happily> My perfect Saturday moments have returned with updates from @Kiwicantdie ! Now I understand how you make that happen! Living in Italy. Yes @Heckstress17 and I are both in the US and yes are medical benefits are atrocious. It is what it is though. I'm starting to feel a lot better. Still not 100% but my tooth is healing and my sinuses are starting clear up so I'm not unhappy. Anyways! I was so happy to see you were returning last night, and then this morning with comments and updates!

Getting that ginger kid with the green eyes was a struggle! I hope he's a good heir! I also hope he has a daughter with green eyes!

I was so so happy to get to see Clover again! Adahy is such a little cutie. I don't know how you can wait to see. I'm dying to see how he turns out! The shower picture is too much! hahaha I can definitely see why you call her Pablita! She is cute though. I also loved seeing Oliver playing with Adahy. Good big brother! Oh I don't know how I'd feel about my adults getting acne...poor Pablo! His pink cheeks are cute though.

Those builds are beautiful miss "I'm not a builder"! I love Clover walking in and looking up like it's some great marvel she's walking in to. I think it's amazing. You did such a good job. Everything looks so well thought out. I'm glad you're going to share them! I can't wait to see what the others loo like inside too! Oh Clover taking the job was so cool! I can feel for her though. That's how Flynn lost his job in that career too. It's good she had great family to lift her spirits. That last picture...too funny! Welcome back!!!! <3
    As much as I wanted to dive right into my sims this morning, I decided I better take a few minutes for an update!
    CY3KV.jpg
    Chapter 13: Every ending has a beginning

It was finally time for my family to leave the stage of toddlers. As cute as they are, I’m not sad.
    DnJdy.png

The family had been overlooking a lot of birthdays lately so they made sure not to forget the baby’s!
    DnJfk.png

I was a little excited to see the hair and make-up woman had retired. Is Spencer asking her if he can keep more of his own look now that he’s more famous?
    DnJgl.png

Make-ups done…is their hope?
    DnJgG.png

Apparently not! >:(
    DnJhz.png

Then I found out why. Seriously EA? Is this the best hero costume you can come up with?
    DnJi7.png

He was still amazing in a sword fight though!
    DnJiR.png

However he accidentally dropped the phaser and got himself shot instead of the villain!
    DnJk8.png

It didn’t matter, in the end, he still got the girl.
    DnJlL.png

When he got home, his family reacted like he was a hotshot celebrity they didn’t know! He had done really well in the movie.
    DnJmV.png

He really only had eyes for his sweet wife though.
    DnJny.png

Later they took a trip to the park in Willow Creek because Ailssa needed snapdragons so she could grow dragon fruit and then finally the cow plant. I forgot that plants don’t grow in other neighborhoods really well anymore :( But they all had fun. Sean loves the monkey bars!
    DnJpv.png

Spencer tried to get in some fishing, but he’s starting to attract fans. This was especially true after the superhero movie.
    DnJql.png

The little kid went running over to tell this table of people about Spencer. Little did he know they were mostly all his kids and didn’t care. Poor thing!
    DnJuX.png

Spencer made it up to him though by signing an autograph.
    DnJy1.png

Chris, my first probably heir, had made a new friend who really did not appreciate his antics. He was a little star struck…turned out she’s a notable new comer.
    DnJzM.png

He got over it though, and the two shared a game of chess. During this time, their friendship bar skyrocketed!
    DnJB6.png

They went on several dates.
    DnJFg.png

That went extremely well.
    DnJHi.png

She became a regular fixture at the West house. @heckstress17 she does not like to do her homework…
    DnJIa.png

Then finally on this date where they were just goofing off having fun.
    DnJJQ.png

They had their first kiss.
    DnJKt.png

They decided to make it something more.
    DnJKG.png

Their relationship is really deepening.
    DnJLy.png

Spencer went to another award show and despite all his gold performances, he once again came away empty handed. He doesn’t mind though. He knows it’s because he doesn’t play the game.
    DnJMk.png

He knows what is important in his life. They made sure they were home early enough to celebrate this!
    DnJOb.png

Which was good, because weeks later when Beatrice passed away this happened.
    DnJOX.png

Brendan stepped in and kindly requested she give his dad some privacy.
    DnJPK.png

There was one more relationship that had been developing in the West house and this one was a little more serious.
    DnJCg.png

Stefanie really thought things were going well.
    DnK0y.png

I think she didn’t realize when Spencer came home.
    DnK1h.png

She was having so much fun and really thought something was developing.
    DnK1J.png

When she tried to kiss him though, he put a fast stop to it.
    DnKbw.png

He hugged her right away though, and neither of them were embarrassed.
    DnK3m.png

Could this be why?
    DnK3X.png

Ailssa gave her some comfort when she got home and told her to go when Jace called right away to ask her out.
    DnK4D.png

Jace explained to her how awkward he had felt in her home with her family around.
    DnK53.png

Then he kissed her.
    DnK5R.png

Before long he was ready to go even further.
    DnK60.png

Oh yes!
    DnK7e.png

They didn’t even wait.
    DnK7F.png

Extra little bonus: Here are Phoenix and Savannah with their teen daughter Clara and new addition Jazmin.
    DnKdM.PNG
    @kiwicantdie - Yes! I'm so glad you're back. I was afraid it would take you awhile to fix your computer and then you'd forget about us. If I built my own computer I don't think I'd want anyone to mess with it either. I'm so glad you were able to tackle it yourself and that your saves weren't lost! lol sorry about throwing you into an alternate universe with my fam :lol: I definitely get how it feels like that. Glad you were able to catch up though, hope it's not too confusing. And teach you how to build!? Are you serious!? Your downtown area looks amazing! Believe me, you don't need any tips from me. I could've never made Willow Creek's community lots look that great. Seriously, you should've seen how my Willow Creek looked back in the day :joy: It was a hot mess. Anyway, making the double sidewalk outside all of the buildings was brilliant, and totally makes it all seem like they're all on the same block. It's perfect, honestly. The overgrown and classic build style of the buildings fits the neighborhood perfectly. It must've taken you ages to build them all. Ugh those holiday decorations though :unamused: I wish we could turn those off, they're totally killing the vibe in my game too. And btw, I'll trade you my pic taking skills if I can steal your story telling ones. Your updates are always so fun to read and It leaves me really envying your family. Wanna trade for a bit? :wink:

Those mods sound awesome! Did the wanting a new sibling thing come from the slice of life mod? And what about the meaningful stories one? I need the deets! Picspam's are my favorite :mrgreen: I love this family so much. Clover looks great with her new hair by the way. omg don't be mad, but when I read Adahy was gonna be heir I was like noooooooooooo and only because I can never remember how to spell the poor kids name :lol: You'll have to forgive me, I'm gonna have to give him a nickname lol Ad it is. Anyway, he's adorable, and based on the fact that he has Salai's eye shape alone he's won me over. Oh Pablita lol looks like she's going through puberty early. btw that mudroom/entryway where the boys are playing is decorated so cute. The library :heart::love: and you've even made a toddler room so the whole family has something to keep them entertained :heart: Putting the science and craft tables in their own little kid friendly section is so well thought out, and executed. Library's are tough, but you've perfected it. omg Jared and Curtis working out side by side :lol: Um, wrong lot type my dudes! Clover being so excited about her job and getting fired on the first day :joy: Poor girl lol at least she's got Pablo to comfort her. I'd probably take him over a cool job anyway lol That sad painting though :lol: I swear that's the most depressing one I've seen, and that's saying something because I've got gloomy River painting up a storm in my game lol. Annnnd yay! I can't wait to download the fam and put them in my game! I cringe when I upload my sims cc free too. It really makes me realize the magic my default skin and makeup is doing lol

@debjameswhite - Oooooo you updated while I was typing up a storm to Kiwi lol I'm glad though, I was thinking of whining to you to post a new one :lol: This update was totally worth the wait though :love: Hooray for leaving the toddler stage! I love having those adorable little ones running around the house but man are they a handful. I'm not sure I'm a fan of Spencer's new stylist :lol: Rooster mask aside he looked awesome in his superhero movie. I got major Avenger vibes from it, and judging by his adorable little fan at the park I'm not the only one. I remember trying to get snapdragons to make a cowplant. Was she able to find some? I'm still bummed at how the gardening was changed. I have a lot of trouble with it now. Aw Livvy and Chris! It seems like they really have a connection! It makes so much sense that they'd go on a fun date playing games at the arcade, with Livvy's childish trait I'm sure it won Chris a ton a points :wink: omg the paparazzi taking pics of Spencer mourning his Mom :disappointed: Brendan to the rescue! I'm glad you're still doing the tomb for your heirs. How did you get Beatrice's tombstone? I tried to get Kato and Violet's but I couldn't find them anywhere on their home lot. omg Stefanie aged up beautifully! It still warms my heart that she's a part of the family. And Jace :heart: I know he looks rough and tough, but he'll be good to her. Ya know I could swear Jace has a hidden unflirty trait. He's never been one for romantics, but luckily Stefanie seems to have found the key to his heart. And he seemed much more at ease without her Dad watching :lol: Awesome update! :mrgreen: I'm gonna try to hop into game later too, you've inspired me.
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Hey everyone!!! Guess what? After nearly 2 years (which I can hardly believe its gone by that fast and been that long)...I am finally playing the sims regularly again!! I have a few questions and a thing or two I want to share before I start posting again.

1. Would it be better to pick up where I left off on the forums? (I have no idea where that was)....or post my blog so people can start from the beginning and then start posting here along with that after its caught up?

2. Totally random but what would cause toddler twins to have BLACK hair and then when they age to children get red and blonde hair respectively?

46857852425_6421c824e8_o.png
    47774257391_4a1eca1e3c_o.jpg

3. Have any of you had any HORRID and ugly looking sims result from this? I have had some ugly and unfortunate looking sims but this one is downright deformed. I was hoping she wouldn't get married but she did. Now I hope she won't have kids lol Here's she is:

33897156338_9de81bfc50_o.jpg

4. Is it possible to have TOO many sims? I have the MC Mod to allow unlimited, but I'm worried that one day the game will just stop working and I'll lose everything lol. It runs fine, although a bit slow each time it updates births/marriages, etc.
    @OJenn I think I saw that you're not on much right now somewhere...but Nina Blackstone...one of the options for Willow Creek, Generation 6...the link isn't working :'(
    edited May 2019
    @Heckstress17 No, Ailssa was never able to find any snapdragons. From what I've read, unless you're living in the neighborhoods now, things just don't grow. So what I eventually did was I decided I would go into debug just for the snapdragon and then get my dragon berry from splicing and take the long route as I should. Then I read that as intended splicing barely works now. I think that's pretty plum. In my reading though I read that sometimes things just show up in the house inventory and so I looked and sure enough there was a cow berry. So she's getting the cowplant for her aspiration, but I'm still annoyed about how grafting works now. Speaking of annoying, part of Ailssa's work is she's supposed to let her cowplant eat her! I've always feared that!!! Her darn boys keep running down to court danger and play and feed with him though!! I'm going to have to put a lock on it!!

@Meeshelby Welcome back my friend!!! If I were you, I'd just start over. However, the best thing about this challenge is you do pretty much what you want! So if you can figure it out and want to start where you left off, go for it! I have to say for me personally and I don't know why...I have a really hard time leaving this site and reading on tumblers or other blogs. I don't know why. I did try it myself for awhile and it crashed and burned horribly :)

As far as your twins with the black hair go. I assume the guy with the black hair in the first picture is not their father and that it's the guy in the second shot of the family where their hair is red and blonde? It looks like Dad has that hair color that's brown with streaks of grey that I love. When you use that hair color I don't think the game knows what to do and 90% of the time you get a red head and every once in awhile you get a blonde if the game was trying to copy Dad. Honestly though I've always seen that at the toddler stage and I've never seen them change from toddler to child so that's a real mystery! I guess it's just one of the strange sim mysteries you either have to go with or change depending on your mood!

Ooops! I stopped without answering all the questions! I hate that!!! Now for your horrid and ugly and deformed? sim...I'm a bit at a loss? I mean her green eye makeup looks pretty bad but she doesn't look too terrible to me. I've seen worse...There is that one body shape that I've never seen a human look like that I wish I could ban from my game, but what exactly is wrong with her?

I've thought about letting my game run wild with as many sims as it wants, but I haven't been brave enough to let it so I can't answer the final question. That last part though, my game runs a little slow too when it's about to chug out all the names of births and marriages.
    @Meeshelby - Welcome back! It's been a really long time! To answer your first question, personally I'm terrible about reading peoples updates on this challenge unless they're posted here on the forum. So I'd like to see you just post where you left off, maybe with a bit of a recap to get us back up to speed? 2, I have no idea why your toddler's hair colors wouldn't match as they age up. Usually I'd say it's probably something to do with CC, but I didn't see any on the toddlers. I haven't had that problem, sorry. 3 :flushed: That is one unfortunate looking sim lol I've had some ugly ones, but none that are too bad. And 4, I don't think anything will happen if you have too many sims. I can't be sure though because I've never set mine to max.

Update - Brooklyn spam!

In my last update I introduced you to adorable toddler Brooklyn and showed you her playdate with the Loudon family. So this picks up from there, with some more splash park pics I just couldn't resist sharing.
    AaXy834.png
    pWXakVO.png

Cuteness overload! I hadn't been lucky enough to have a toddler in the summer time until now, and I'm obsessed with the kiddie pool.
    WvS05uq.png

Livvy and Jace's wife got off to a rough start because of her jealousy over their "BFF'ness". Thankfully she seems to have gotten over it, and now Livvy and Alyssa are those Mom friends who do everything together.
    oVMELQc.png

And River and Jace have always gotten along, but it's always nice to see them together.
    mznmBgz.png

River has taken time off work so he can be home with Brooklyn during the day. She can't learn her toddler skills in daycare!
    bc0bb1f.png

He's in the tech guru position, but apparently he's not too great at it. I don't think they're missing him at work :lol:
    TlITsYC.png

Mama Livvy does get home for cuddles every night before bed. :smile:
    nzuFPke.png

And River is in charge of the bedtime stories.
    7pJJYG6.png

They're still going strong as ever. River wanted to have another baby, but they ultimately decided that Brooklyn was enough. She'll be an only child unless MCC has other ideas. I'll be monitoring their interactions to be safe lol
    Km9oBvm.png

Anyway, the weekend before Brooklyn's birthday Livvy took her to the new park downtown. I think she had as much fun as her daughter did, if not more.
    nQOeOWb.png
    vHZOgPk.png

I guess I haven't been paying enough attention. I noticed for the first time that when the toddlers use their imagination with the playground equipment that little graphics come up to show what they're imagining. I thought that was pretty cool.
    3KhW0SF.png

They ended up at the splash park's playground outside of their building before going home to have birthday cake.
    8wTsLom.png

I completely spaced and didn't take a pic of her blowing out her candles, so without further ado here's child Brooklyn! River could never deny this child. The only thing she got from her Mom was her eye color, but everything else is 100% River. Anyway, she gained the Self-Assured trait, and Whiz Kid aspiration.
    D74kupk.png

Her parents got her a chess table to keep in her bedroom and have been teaching her how to play.
    SP6YZfg.png
    ocebOKX.png

Then one day a new family moved into the building and Brooklyn was the first one to introduce herself. "Hi, you have any kids???"
    dyFBKXW.png

And of course he did lol so Brooklyn made herself at home in their apartment while she got to know her new neighbors. As you can see @Kiwicantdie Pablita is still moody even in an alternate universe :lol:
    JnlBgWQ.png

Her brother Oliver was more welcoming lol and they hit it off so well they even hip bumped? Weird, but okay!
    nuOBctO.png

Meanwhile back at home Pablo had made his way into the Riggs apartment and was getting to know Livvy. Judging by her goofy smile his good looks weren't lost on her.
    67hqmIh.png

And as creepy as it may be to have your new neighbor and acquaintance cleaning your dishes the effort was nonetheless appreciated :lol: Okay Pablo, you can stay.
    KoroWk7.png

I'm having trouble completing Livvy's Super Parent aspiration. She has to discipline a child 5 times, but Brooklyn has never done anything wrong in her little life... she was an angelic toddler, and is a model student... I think I'm gonna have to make her act out some way.
    t1TEQGY.png

When the weekend rolled around I had planned for her to make messes all over the apartment, but Livvy's work schedule had changed and it ended up just being her and Dad home :confused: Saturday morning cartoons and painting in your jammies is peak relaxation.
    dMAZEYv.png

A heat wave rolled into town and Brooklyn was excited to go to her favorite spot to cool off. She invited her new neighbors down to check it out. Only Oliver showed up, apparently Pablita had become a teen? Which explains her moodiness lol but makes no sense because Oliver's older right @Kiwicantdie ? Either way Brooklyn was excited to show off her favorite park to her new friend.
    B5oHDu6.png
    EUUyOBe.png

Lexi, her Uncle Jace's daughter, and her toddler playmate showed up and joined them some time later. :smile:
    GjnQjKs.png

I could swear she spotted me taking this pic :lol:
    QJfBhiZ.png

Who needs a pool?
    G1hCPEY.png

Apparently Brooklyn was feeling generous, that or she's trying to buy her friends :joy: She gave Lexi $1000 out of the blue :fearful: Giiiiiiirl you're lucky that Mom and Dad have money to spare.
    YOByKSN.png

We didn't want Oliver to feel left out so he got a crisp $1000 too. I hope they don't expect this every time they hangout lol
    kI8MBqZ.png

Now little miss Brooklyn is the one being pushed and not the "pusher" lol it pays to... pay? idk :joy:
    4deaUF2.png

By the end of the day (Brooklyn spent 12 hours out there and never got hungry??) she and Lexi had become BFF's. Indeed carrying the tradition on @OJenn :wink:
    DXaHpHG.png

Lexi's Dad called River later that night to invite him to his birthday?! :anguished: He couldn't make it, but I can't believe beautiful Jace is a wrinkly old man now :bawling:
    lCP9F4Q.png

Which reminded me River was getting up there in age. He only had 3 days before he was due to become an old man. So he bought and drank a potion of life. Crisis averted. :wink:
    vssOlKx.png

That's it for this picspam. Maybe I'll have something meaningful to share next time instead of spamming you all with splash park pics lol
    edited May 2019
    @kiwicantdie - Welcome back!! Inquisitive toddlers are my favorite to be honest and Adahy is so adorable I am glad he will heir. Omg Cerise is super cute too but she definitely looks like a clone of Pablo. I love that the boys are getting along super well, best bros! Wow you guys are blowing any building skills I thought I had away! Those community lots look great! I can't wait to see what you've done with the other interiors. Poor Clover with a one day job, but hey at least she did the right thing.

@debjameswhite - omgoodness the hair and make-up never ceases to surprise me with their "work" :joy: It's so nice to see Spencer out there getting the recognition he deserves and signing autographs. Aww poor Stephanie, at least Jace was nice about it I bet it was strange with the family there. Congrats to the happy couple!

@Meeshelby - I'd vote for picking up where you left off with a recap maybe and posting here on the forums! I'd read it wherever it is but its easier to see all updates here.

I will check and see if I have Nina (or maybe someone else does and can post her up) I can't get the gallery to load for me, I am still in a hotel with less than stellar internet but I can grab an alternate tomorrow if you don't mind waiting.

@Heckstress17 - Its nice to see Livvy and Jace's wife getting along now especially since their kiddos are so close in age, and Jace being bff too. I admire your choice to have only one child but we both know your sims are sneaky :lol: So funny seeing the new kids on the block and Brooklyn, that hip bump was hilarious maybe they were both energized? Watching all the kiddos play in the park makes me want to get out in the sun myself haha and I am so happy to see Lexi and Brooklyn become bff!! Loved your pic spam and I hoping to have some of my own later.
    Post edited by OJenn on
    @debjameswhite Thanks for the welcome! I'll post here for sure, just wasn't quite sure where to start. I think I'll do Heckstress' idea and post a summary of what's happened so far and then go from there. Yeah the twins with their hair is so weird! The first pic is their big brother, Keenan, who is my current heir. His parents had twins after he had moved out and had his own kids! Gotta love MC Mod. So yes, I am pretty sure my ugly sim's odd facial features are only enhanced by her makeup. I should take it off and see what she looks like without it, but she has these weird set eyes and a very skinny jaw and almost no chin, so she looks strange to me! Good to "see" you!!

@Heckstress17 Thank you! It has been WAY too long! I love your idea of posting a summary so I think I'll do that! I've been trying to find a good lighting mod that works and I love how bright your photos are! Which one are you currently using, if you don't mind me asking? I just LOVE how much there is to do in the sims now! I have been playing my current generation WAY longer than any of my previous ones because there is so much to do!

@OJenn Thanks for the input!! No worries on the sim...just when you can!!!
    I am crying right now...I've just been playing oh for who knows how many hours...and I just had the most beautiful wedding I've ever had in sims! and then my game crashed. I keep waiting. It's spinning and spinning and saying not responding...<sighs> I'm afraid to find out how much I lost!
    In between working and sprucing up her new place Savannah makes time for her new city friends.
    001cd1bcd2.jpg

ad82966bc1.jpg

She is loving the city and all the exciting things to see and do. Her favorite spot is a place that sells produce just outside her building.
    1b6fd654db.jpg

22fb86b028.jpg

Vlad has been around more often inviting her out to show her the city and sights, one night he invited her to the Romance Festival.
    f08cf9c7f0.png

597e31e03f.jpg

The Love Guru was too tempting not to pass up and Savannah asked about her hearts future.
    4c3c3d9964.jpg

10385ec9b2.png

Oh...well then.
    10385ec9b2.png

Poor Vlad didn't seem to take the news well but Savannah wasn't too bothered by it. At first, she was confused as to why he was so sad.
    08997688e5.jpg

dc41df08a1.jpg

Vlad made it very clear why it bothered him so much.
    620aefaccc.jpg

Savannah was stunned by Vlad's sudden action but she definitely wasn't complaining either.
    199be6a366.jpg

In the days that followed Savannah consulted her friends about everything, the trio met up at a new coffee shop that just opened up. (rebuilt by me, pics to come later)
    2e6279447d.jpg

61d9eab36e.jpg

Penny was intrigued by the whole ordeal and seemed to be on the side of 'go for it' but Miko was more hesitant.
    a927bf4f9c.jpg

6ab98d38f8.jpg

As she headed home Savannah realized she had a lot to decide.
    @debjameswhite yes, I'm back :blush: I'll post much more these days since I have plenty of updates to share, so you're definitely going to see me here before Saturday. Lol as soon as my pc was running again I played sooo much, I'll spam much more in the near future. I'm glad you're feeling much better! You flatter me way too much for my buildings, I'm still not 100% confident about them but I'm really really really glad you like them! :triumph: --- can we just take a minute of silence for all the horrible makeovers for the actor career? When I tried that in game it was bad for me too. OMG Spencer with that little kid at the park! My heart melted! That was so nice to see. Chris and Livvy!!! Yay! Stefanie and Jace are soooo cute too, omg, I laughed so hard at that rejected kiss even if it must have been so awkward :joy: wow I was not prepared to see a wedding proposal! That's so good! I love seeing your sims crossing over each other's games :wink: that's the kind of stuff I live for ... though I'm so sad your game crashed. It sucks! It happened to me too a few times before, it's always sooo aggravating. Now I'm so paranoid that I save every single minute. I hope you didn't lose too much! *crossing my fingers*. I totally want to see more from your red hair-green eyes little one, plus that wedding you talked about. I hope you're able to recover any lost gameplay, or that at least playing back to the same point isn't too stressful.

@Heckstress17 how could I forget about you guys?? :joy: I know I disappeared a few years back, but I swore I was not going to disappear again. I'm really really glad you like my builds, even if they still look awkward to me. I think you could teach me a ton since I'm a total beginner! :blush: I always try my best at making builds that look as good as yours and everyone else's in this challenge. Tbh - and pls don't laugh at me - when I realized Adahy was going to be the heir I was like "nooooo" too for the same reason :joy: AD IT IS :joy: So, for the mods I'm using: "Meaningful Stories" makes the general moodlets much better, it's simply a revamped system that makes mood much more stable and relevant. "Slice of life" is my fav at the moment, though, it adds so much! The wanting a new sibling came from there! There's also periods, pimples, children lose their teeth as they grow up, faces are bruised after fights, the eyes of sims get teary when they're sad, ecc... it's so much more immersive. There are a bunch of new moodlets too, for little things like wanting a new sibling or getting "baby fever" and many more xD, plus a memory system. Now, before I jump to your update, I have to add this:

@to anyone that downloaded my Austin fam ( @Heckstress17 obviously) : because I went berserker!mode once my pc was finally working again, last week I played a lot. Like, a lot, thanks to my spare vacation time, and I have now on the side several updates to share. I played so much that all the Austins already aged up (yup, I know how they look like :wink: ). In my game at the moment Oliver's already a young adult, Cerise is a teen and Adahy too. Then I realized that I was asked to put the fam on the gallery, so I had to manually age them down to the life stage that fitted my last update. This explains why they're wearing random/different clothes and why in game they could age up weirdly from one day to the other, Cerise even before Oliver even if she's not older. You can do whatever to them, edit them, age them up and down as you please, it's all good to me :smile: ... just know that if you have auto age on for the unplayed sims you might see some weird stuff.

Now coming back to you, @Heckstress17 Brooklyn is the cutest and I'm officially dying for her. I hope you don't mind sharing her in the future :wink: and she looks so much like River! I'm kinda happy that you overcame the red gene, in a sense :joy: ... I adore it, but it's time to have a brunette here! Omg when I was reading I was not expecting to see Pablo and the fam in your update, I literally squealed at the screen. By the way, feel free to edit them and change their clothes as you please if you want <3 (as I said I was throwing on them whatever just to get them on the gallery lol). Also, now that you know why the ages are a bit messed up you can do whatever with Pablita. I was hoping for that not to happen, but I kinda knew that it was a thing since it happened before. You know how she looks like! :joy: (... is it a spoiler though? I mean... 100% Pablo genes xD) Look at Brooklyn and Oliver and Lexy though! <3 my heart. What??? 1000 simoleon????? Oliver you better send them back home in my game 'cause we need them! :joy: and--- daaang, I don't know if I'm ready to see Jace as an old man. NOPE. Couldn't he take the potion of youth too?? With a face like that, and I mean it, I think he should be immortal :joy:

@OJenn Inquisitive tods are one of my faves too :blush: super glad you liked the community lots, I'll try to do my best in the future too <3. Some of the building are a bit awkward and I want to play-test them before uploading to the gallery, so they might change a little (I hope not too much & just for the better). Oh, I adored the photos of Savannah making friends! Jesus, your Vlad is so good looking, I can't even. He's soo dreamy. I wish I edited mine before MCCC started dooming my game with his spawn :joy: Romantic Doom????? Why??? I hope the guru's hella wrong on that front. The coffee shop is amazing! I can't wait to see more pics of it and about what's going to happen next!

@Meeshelby I'm glad I'm not the only one that came back to the challenge after years :joy: Welcome back! I would love to see your updates here in the forums too, since it's the only source I check whenever I can, but you can do whatever. Lol for now I can't say I had any ugly looking sim, but... who knows? :sunglasses:
    KEBB11a.png
    (I'm right back for another pic!spam, since I still have so much to share)
    (gotta make up for the lost time, I guess?)
    I call this update "The leaf piles " :joy:

Halloween is finally here in my game.
    Pablita & Oliver, who share for now the same unfurnished (lol) bedroom, jumped in their costumes as soon as they got out of bed.

qZrZdZx.png

Adahy might be in love with this holiday.

dGT7JYb.png

He tried to put on a costume too, but I wasn't 100% satisfied with it. That's just a pajama, you little muffin.

8XreobR.png

Kids might wear costumes for fun on a day like this, but Clover and Pablo looked like they had other... things... in mind :joy:

Jt724py.png

And things got steamy really fast, indeed.

b7S32wt.png

Pablita didn't approve one bit. Eeew, adults. Eeeew, smooches. Eeeeew, romance.

i1dnLtG.png

Following their daughter's complaints, they decided to take their business outside. In a public leaf pile, of course.

EOQZ3gH.png

Wyt6Au7.png

QrQgXU9.png

I mean, if you haven't woohooed in a decomposing pile of leaves, you haven't lived at all :joy:

acP52BX.png

K2NrNzR.png

Well then.

3jdTBNN.png

So, as I was enjoying this random townie's reaction to the public woohoo, I started hearing weird sounds. Like of laughter... which didn't have one of my sims' voice. I turned the camera around, and...

This was happening.

tKE50qE.png

This random white dude was playing with the leaves while Pablo and Clover were woohooing inside of them????
    Like???? :joy: how?????????? :joy: he started kicking them too as he kept going and I almost peed myself :joy:

Sy2KuDo.png

I can't even.

LOcB22U.png

Look at their smug faces. They don't care one bit. 100% satisfied with their misdeeds.

dzo1eNs.png

Anyway, the following day it was finally Oliver's birthday.
    Little fox is finally a teen.

LKYyTYg.png

He threw the smallest birthday party ever, but Raven came too.

ZB7ejsq.png

cn5PDPO.png

"Honey I simply asked you to blow out the candles. You didn't have to transform into a sun."

vRdhpb7.png

ETKw4Ns.png

I'm actually satisfied with the way he turned out. Besides the hair, he looks like a good mix of his parents' genes.

JNcU9tf.png

Raven was not impressed. "I came here to see one ugly looking teen and laugh at your misfortune, not this!" :joy:

FhwsbX6.png

Later that night all the Austins went out to the spice festival and... someone seemed shocked about how Oliver aged up :joy:
    Like... sheesh, guys, he's not weird looking, come on!

I5rkDmT.png

Ok, now that's waaaaaay better.

Z2AOoIB.png

There's still not much to do for teens, but I was happy to finally have two teens in game that could bond.
    Curtis and Oliver were happy too. They were glued by the hip all evening.

qRKLiCN.png

Feeling a bit left out, Adahy started decorating the sidewalk.

kdKAkjo.png

Thankfully, Steven was there for him <3 precious cousins are precious.

b4jmK9q.png

It didn't take long for Pablo to challenge Oliver to what really mattered; a show of manhood :joy:

YxkSaQY.png

Sadly for Oliver, spice was still not his thing. Pablo enjoyed looking at his son spitting fire like the good parent he is :joy:

nXEOjsP.png

There can only be one winner.

GZudrVz.png

Losing the challenge didn't make Oliver less competitive. He decided to challenge Curtis instead and see just how good at baskeball he was.

DLis6cb.png

uIoyZoI.png

(spoiler alert: they were both horrible at it :joy: )

Jr8pKrU.png

Apparently, the world forgot that my girl is not only happily married, but that she also has three kids???
    This has to be a consequence of the public leaf pile woohoo, I feel it xD

rxDLDdu.png

... I have to admit that having teen Oliver walking around in game showing his cute smiley face all the time almost made me reconsider the whole heir thing...

y0D1otE.png

But Adahy still has my whole heart. You're the one, boy.

EYJY4ac.png

One sunny day I had him run outside to play with a pile of leaves...
    ... only to witness this.

zfqTEui.png

:joy::joy::joy: WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LEAF PILES????? :joy::joy::joy:
    and what the heck are you doing there Pablita?????????
    I almost peed myself #2 :joy:

1FLWQ5A.png

Apparently, she was playing there before Adahy, only to get stuck as soon as he arrived.
    Instead of getting out of the leaves, she started entertaining her little brother.
    "Look at me Adahy! Just like mom and dad!"

tlIB5Zh.png

Pablita tried to regain full control of the leaf pile by sending Adahy to their uncle Jared, but he wasn't moving from there.

yXOMZiE.png

"Feeling cute, might force Kiwicantdie to reconsider who's got to be the heir" :mrgreen:

P2wj1Mt.png

Since both Adahy and Pablita were stuck in an infinite loop of laughters in that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pile of leaves, I had Oliver go bother uncle Jared a little bit. He's still one silly sim, gotta say it.

R5RUFdp.png

uUBOFxR.png

He's such a good brother, overall, I don't think I ever had a sim taking care so much of his younger siblings.
    He always helps Pablita do her homework autonomously, without me having to force him.

GcjSAMK.png

Sometimes he's gotta do his teen things, though. Especially when Adahy demands that he reads the book a third time.
    Can't be too far away from the phone :mrgreen:

mVAESy4.png

(Slice of life hit again with the first rush of pimples he ever got lol)
    I love the three of them sooooo much :bawling:

PLvafjw.png

f3aBfeB.png

Lastly, time for Adahy to age up arrived soon enough! For his birthday, the weather had some nice surprises.
    Pablo woke up early to go for a jog...

HM7NonE.png

... when all of a sudden it was raining like hell.

1VlocG9.png

Happy birthday Adahy I guess? :joy:

lJd5PkJ.png

Poor Pablo had to run home. Not sure if drunk or simply ill.

yhFVXxp.png

Rain took Clover by surprise too.

j8Opk4W.png

And thunder struck uncle Jared as he arrived at the lot.

XRp5kHE.png

But here we go: time for the youngest to grow up <3.

zYwSoJC.png

3oNsaTO.png

72N4uwi.png

KEBB11a.png
    I think I'm mostly over the game play I lost yesterday. Not 100%, but enough to be excited about the updates here :)

This is a big week for me. Tomorrow my baby turns 21 but she's at college so I won't be the one celebrating with her :) However I am going to my house to meet the bank and sign off on some of the work that's been done at my house. I can't wait for it to be done. My addition is almost finished and they were putting my new floors in. It looks so much better right now. I also have my last physical therapy appointment tomorrow for my shoulder and elbow. They're pretty much healed I'd say.

Then, Thursday I leave for my long drive to Rochester NY in my rented cargo van to see my son graduate and then pack him up and bring all his stuff home. That should be fun! haha So when you don't see me for a few days that's why :)

Anyways now for comments!

@Heckstress17 Woohoo to any kind of spam from you!!! :) I love that Livvy became such good friends with Jace's wife and that they have play dates together. I just adore your water park. I love River taking all this extra time to be with his daughter. The two of them are adorable. Brooklyn is adorable, but I'm rooting for MCC. This couple is too cute to only have one child!! She looks like a very smart studious girl though when she aged up :) I love her asking Pablo if he has kids. Poor little Pablita, so cranky! Oh I think I remember having that problem with the super parent too. I think praise works as well. Try that and see :) Whoa! Brooklyn! Maybe you had better stick with one kid if they're going to start giving away all your simoleans!!! Jace an elder? I can't even think of it!!

@OJenn I've been dying for you to update since the last one!! Wow, again, such a good job on your townies! I was ready to swoon at the first sight of Vlad in this update! Man I agree with @Kiwicantdie I wish I had thought to give him a make over before his spawn married two of Flynn's kids. Ugh! I love Savannah trying to cheer him up after the Love Guru was so cruel. Look at her smug face! I can't wait to see inside the new coffee shop but even more I can't wait to see what happens with Vlad! I love her meeting up with her friends to talk about it. These updates are great.

@Kiwicantdie Leaf Piles was a great name for your update! I also believe Adahy is in love with the holiday. He certainly seems to enjoy it. I love how Clover and Pablo took advantage of the holiday. I was thinking, "No...no..." when I saw the green smoke coming from the pile though! "No you two, do not get into that...oh, you're totally getting into it." But they guy kicking at the pile while they're in it? I'm glad he didn't disturb them! Hehehe Clover does look like she's been blinded by her son, but then look how handsome he is! I'm glad to see my game isn't the only one that does those weird hugs. I hope that's something they fix soon. I love Pablo tormenting his son with the fiery snack. There can be only one! I don't know, Orion is very handsome...I need to see what Adahy looks like as a teen! That rainstorm on his birthday was crazy! I loved how you captured everyone getting surprised! I'm glad no one was permanently hurt though! Also, I'm glad you didn't wait until Saturday since I won't behere!! :)
    I've been playing a bunch the past few days, but I don't have enough time to type up a post. My husband's home today and we're replaying all the Borderlands games to get ready for 3 in September, so I'm a good kind of "busy" lol. For now comments, maybe an update tomorrow. :)

@debjameswhite - I can't believe you lost your wedding gameplay. I'd be devastated too. I wanna ask who's wedding, but no spoilers please! I'm so so so happy to hear you're feeling better and just in time for all the exciting things you've got coming up. Happy Birthday to your daughter! We had a small home renovation completed last month and when the floors were finally done I was so excited. It sounds like your addition was quite the undertaking, how great that it's finally nearing its end. I'm glad you were able to pop in for comments before your trip. Part of me is really curious to see more of River and Livvy's children, especially since Brooklyn is her fathers mini me, but the other part really feels they're a perfect 3 person family. That and the fact that their small 2 bedroom apartment literally can't fit anyone else :lol: Anyway, drive safe! I'll miss you while you're away!

@OJenn - I know things are super busy in your personal life right now so I wasn't expecting another update from you so soon. That being said I'm really glad you found the time, and wifi lol, to post :lol: Savannah is so cute. I love seeing her out and exploring the city. She and Livvy would be best friends. I can't believe Vlad invited her out! I know we were all kinda swooning over his makeover, but I didn't think romance would be in the cards for them. How funny that the love guru agrees with me :joy: They're cute together, but I'm getting more of a master/servant vibe from them... maybe it's just because he's Vlad. Prove me wrong! Your cafe looks amazing :heart: What district did you put it in? I'm excited to see pics of the interior later. I love Penny's expression. She's like "this sounds crazy, i'm into it" while Miko is not hiding her judgement whatsoever :lol:

@Meeshelby - Aw, thanks :smiley: I'm glad you like my photos. I do use a lighting mod, but I edit my pics to brighten them up before I post them too. My game is always so dark indoors, it drives me crazy. I swear I go out of my way to have my sims be outside for pics because the lighting is so much better outside. Anyway I use the two mods linked HERE Anyway, I'm super excited for your recap. You're right, there's a ton to do in the game now. I'm missing like 3 packs or something and I'm still finding new stuff in my game that I've never done.

@Kiwicantdie - I'm super relived to hear you won't be forgetting about us anytime soon :mrgreen: lol poor Adahy and his hard to spell name. It's too funny you thought the same way I did. I always hate when my sim with the best name doesn't end up being my heir and it's like the 3rd born with a name I was just like yeah whatever about. Not that that applies to Adahy, I know his was because of his heritage, but still :lol: Those mods sound amazing. I promised myself that I would stay as minimal cc as possible, but like how am I suppose to turn down a mod with an actual memory system?? I think I'm gonna cave. Ooooh now it makes sense why Pablita aged up first (she's so pretty it was hard to resist posting a spoiler pic for everyone lol). I've always had to age my sims down and what not to put them on the gallery. Though I must admit I spend a terrible amount of time styling them and trying to make them look as good as possible in their cc free glory lol I will definitely upload Brooklyn for you. I mean unless she turns out hideous and I have to make River and Livvy have another child at the last minute :lol: I think I'll wait until she's a YA and upload her with whoever her spouse turns out to be. Unless you'd like to have her as a child?

omg "the leaf piles" :joy: At first I was like what?? But yeah, that's a perfect title for this update lol btw you all are so cute naming your updates and I'm just like yeah, here's another one :joy: Anyway, maid Clover is adorable. I don't blame Pablo one bit for wanting to woohoo immediately. Though his choice of location is questionable at best lol! I mean I didn't expect them to have privacy in their stinky leaf pile, but I certainly didn't think they'd get kicked by a rando while in the middle of the act :lol: Um holy plum! I did not expect Oliver to be this cute!? Raven, Jared, and Lilah all seemingly rooting for the ginger's misfortune is too funny. Joke's on you guys, he's hot! The Ad and Steven moment was too cute :heart: Pablo winning the spice festival seems fitting. Livvy won it in my game :wink: Pablita in the leaf pile lol If she only knew what deeds had been done there she'd be scared for life. The family and their thunderstorm reactions are great. Especially Pablo being dazed. Aw, look at little Ad. He looks just like his Mom :heart: Feel free to spam all you want! I need more updates!
    @Heckstress17 haha the renovated factory in my game was supposed to have 3 bedrooms upstairs. It ended up with 4, the laundry room became a bathroom and the boys still all had to share a room! Family makes room! More babies!!!! :D
    @debjameswhite I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling much better about the lost gameplay! <3 it looks like you have a really busy week ahead of you, I hope everything will go smoothly. Congrats on your daughter's birthday! :blush: I'll be missing your updates for a while but that's ok, life is life and it keeps us busy! Adahy's a teen in my game and I'm behind with the updates (so much for playing nonstop for a whole day lol) so I'll just spam here a little if you don't mind :sweat_smile: I can't wait for you to see him. He's a lot like his mom.

@Heckstress17 lol don't expect me to give titles to all my updates, I'm reeeeally lazy :joy: if you're going to try one of those mods, I highly suggest "slice of life". I love all the little moodletts that it has added in my game plus the memories, my game feels so much more immersive. I too use little cc and only if it's high quality, but I just couldn't pass on this one. Don't worry about Brooklyn, you can upload her whenever you want! I just stole Jace anyway uh uh uh. I'm glad that you have time to play with your husband (#goals xD)... from the day my pc has come back to life I'm playing so much it's not even healthy. I'll stop soon, since finals are almost here, but the good thing is that this way I'm still going to have tons of updates for the future. For now, I'll just keep on spamming what I got (it's still a lot :bawling: ) - hope it doesn't bother you or anyone else.
    KEBB11a.png
    Guess what? I'm here for another update.
    I'm almost done with the pics I took during my last hardcore play session, so rejoice! I won't spam like this forever :joy:
    For now, I'll try to summarize everything the best that I can.

The day Adahy aged up, he was already ill. Nothing serious, but he couldn't go to school.
    (He looks so much like Clover it's insane... I guess Pablita wasn't the only clone in the family?)

tvFazSI.png

Clover decided to take him to the library instead to teach him some chess. At first, he loved it.

q7LfMpK.png

But he kept losing.

nVPzPtP.png

And losing.

E8IYCw9.png

By the time he lost the fourth game in a row, he was done.
    (can't really blame him. Clover really didn't have any mercy for the poor guy)

eQLr8hz.png

Good thing there was Steven around the library so they could unwind together.

OymZKzR.png

Apparently, whatever Adahy got was highly contagious. Everybody else got sick for the following days. It almost looked like the walking dead. I'm so bummed, in cases like this, when I can't just go to the hospital and get cured there but I have to order medicine online... :expressionless:

BCJLNTu.png

fS5FMQk.png

Adahy kept being a walking health hazard by jumping into public trashcans and looking for toys.

jwoqYsf.png

This is the moment I realized I had been too lazy editing the townies :joy:
    Three teens wearing the same outfit all in the same place. Awkward.

V2xKSMQ.png

I was glad to see them regardless, since I couldn't spot any teen around before.
    The girl with the long black hair is Liliana, Juliana's Clancy older sister that I created in cas. The other one is a random townie that apparently hates having the same outfit as half of the other girls in town :joy:

ZOnDrLt.png

Oliver tried to befriend them both, but she was just in the worst mood possible (while Liliana looked ecstatic about life instead lol)

MzsrEtq.png

Holy hell.

O86dfl6.png

Still, Oliver has one new friend now and I'm happy.

HsTuOVN.png

Adahy is pretty much a loner. If he's not playing with toys under the rain or jumping inside mud puddles, he's training his voidcritters.

PfanjwI.png

kUqPSJU.png

kEx5NNu.png

I finally decorated Oliver and Adahy's room. Pablita sleeps alone in her own room now. She wouldn't possibly want to live in this mess :joy:

CXYIj6b.png

eHs5bFY.png

Privacy???? What is pR I V A C Y ?????? #me

Ba7Anc7.png

The day before Harvestfest, Steven aged up into a teen. I have a huge crush on him, not gonna lie.
    I think he's my favorite.

8lrmF6H.png

Adahy can't wait to grow up and become this handsome too.

i1Ed1gz.png

Before he has the chance to blow out the candles, though, there's still Pablita's birthday on the horizon.
    And mama Clover's improvised Granite Fall final vacation.
    I've noticed that I took an insane amount of pics for this, but I won't spam any of that 'cause you've already seen Granite Fall a million times already :joy: ... I had to send them there to finish Clover's aspiration, which wasn't an easy task.
    I'll share only the relevant stuff.

First snow on the first day of vacation. What could go wrong?

trdOOFx.png

Everthing, apparently.

jWqLmvS.png

"DAD U HAD ONE JOB!"

uGK1ac1.png

"Congratulation for arriving safely at Granite Fall. I see you already set the forest on fire just like your parents did before. Good job."

5U1hq4J.png

Nobody could reach the fire. I couldn't leave the lot or erase the burning chairs in build mode. As I waited for the fire to extinguish itself, the kids almost froze to death.

O6qRGVt.png

The face of a mother who's regretting every single one of her choices :joy:

itKRAoN.png

Moving forward a few days, back in Willow Creek, the monster under the bed decided to drove me insane. I swear to god, I hate that thing.

4DQYXBm.png

It was time for Pablita to become a teen too, but it seemed like she did everything she could to avoid blowing out the candles :joy: a bear costume works... but only for a little while.

3v1KE02.png

Happy birthday, Cerise Pablita!

mkwuDzW.png

*unimpressed just like the last time*

4fKeJ0Q.png

FUaaFZU.png

Uhm... hello Pablo???? Is that you????????? Clover, did you even contribute to this girl's genes one bit?

sKNcryj.png

Not gonna lie, when I saw she rolled the Grandmaster Vampire aspiration I almost rolled my eyes.
    But then-
    IT MAKES SENSE.

rMUe24E.png

The girl never wanted to grow up ever, she doesn't want to get old! She's 100% always been dreaming of living forever and I'm on board with this. Having an immortal Pablo 2.0 walking around in game for the rest of the challenge? Y E S.

The only problem is her appetite. I'm afraid she would drink a bit too much from her victims.

rKtiN8Y.png

Also: forget Steven. I think I have a new favorite right here.

xTdT4am.png

I sent the kiddos skating a little bit to celebrate, but they were all horrible at it.

MsayMxZ.png

my2e6cJ.png

4tacMoG.png

Finally, a toilet selfie :joy: - 'cause she's worth it.

HOphZ1i.png
    KEBB11a.png
    @Kiwicantdie - Aww poor Adahy getting sick on his birthday! His little face as he loses, don't worry little guy I suck at chess too :joy: Oh no the coodies are spreading in the house, hopefully they don't suffer too long. Yikes it looks like Oliver isn't having any luck with that townie, at least Liliana was there. Steven is such a hunk! Omg the family had one wild family vacation, yikes! Pablita is so classy omg that pic of her taking a toilet selfies had me cracking up.
    edited May 2019
    I am finally home! Graduation went beautifully. I still can't believe all the life moments that happened this week! AND Happy Mother's Day to all the moms (and moms to be) in this challenge :)

@Kiwicantdie I for one will never rejoice at your lack of pic spam, but I know how you feel, we've all been there! hehe until then I will sit here and enjoy it!

Adahy really does look like a little Clover clone so far, he's cute. Poor little guy though. I don't blame him for being frustrated over chess. You know what bums me out about sickness? Why can't the mother check on them? Or be concerned? There's no care taking for getting sick. I wish there was and I agree with you, I wish they could go to the doctor. I have a hard time finding teens too. They never show up anywhere. I even made my arcade a teen hangout and they never show up. Anytime someone is invited it's always young adults who go, even if it was a teen invited. Oh well :) Steven really is a cutie! I think you should definitely put him on the gallery if you haven't already. Oh no! I'm so glad the family survived the trip to Granite Falls! Oh! I also hate the monster under the bed but I've discovered something that keeps it at bay! It's a night light with the little critters on it. Put that over the bed and no more monster! Also you don't get monsters under the bed if you have a double. Oh Pablita! She is pretty! I love her too! I loved the kids skating. That was awesome :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top