Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PORTRAIT - Cycle One

xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
I3ftEQC.png

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

zVkaoDQ.png

Welcome to Portrait. This is a whole new contest from me. I haven’t done anything like this one, but I often do portrait inspired pictures in applications and some rounds in previous contests of mine. But in portrait you will be making close up, candid, and shoulder up crops only. So there won’t be a high need for fancy backgrounds, or finding them. Since I know that’s half the work when you’re making a picture. At least we can concentrate on our Sims, and their beauty. This also means that your Sims clothing and accessories will not be highly accounted for in your pictures all, unless you want them for your own use to make your art beautiful.
This contest is purely a beauty contest. It's about being creative with your Sims and the overall appeal. There will be no eliminations whatsoever, you are free to stay through to the end for a cumulative winner. The winners will be announced every round, but cumulative scores will be posted right at the end when a winner is determined.

I'm your host, Jojo. Come and join in with all the fun!

wbg4Eoy.png

♥ Follow Sims 4 Community Forum and Contest Rules.
♥ No more than 2 adult Female Sims per person.
♥ No fantasy models (no zombies, vampires, aliens, fairies etc.)
♥ All contestants must be of your own creation.
♥ Sims 3 and 4 all okay.
♥ Photo shopping/GIMP will be required for all rounds.
♥ Be sure to add your models names when posting your entries, it makes it easier for us judges to recognise who you are.
♥ BE NICE! Nasty people, or fighting will not be tolerated.
♥ You can use contestants that have appeared before in other contests.
♥ Rounds will be 5-7 days (depending on the number of pics required for the tasks).
♥ Judging usually takes 1-3 days.
♥ This contest is PORTAITS ONLY, NO FULL BODY OR HALF SHOTS.
♥ No Face plastering and photo shopping clothes onto your sim unless i call for it in the duration of this competition.
♥ Any size Sim is welcome.

5blSvib.png

♥ This contest is judged by a judging panel, and you will receive small comments.
♥ Expect to receive comments that tell you how they see the picture. Honest, but constructive.
♥ PORTRAIT is judged by round, but there will not be any eliminations. All scores are cumulative and a final tally will be posted at the end.
♥ Extensions are available to anyone during the round. And each round will go for 5-7 days ...
♥ There will only be two judges, myself and one other person.

Here Is Our Judging Panel!

1. xjojox
2. Mamajanaynay

gbx74PU.png

♥ Keep to the brief.
♥ Make your portraits interesting as possible.
♥ Vibrant and sharp pictures will make your pictures stand out.
♥ Eye contact is more engaging.
♥ Crop out unnecessary background, if it doesn’t have a purpose, crop it!
♥ Keep it tight, remember you can chop hair off to make your picture more candid.
♥ Choosing appropriate accessories will always get more attention
♥ Don’t add items in your crops to detract the beauty away from your sim.
♥ Don’t use harsh lighting, change your in game light colour to grey instead of yellow.

CROPS/INSPIRATION FOR A PERFECT PORTRAIT
2d6l753.jpg

Remember that it IS OK to cut hair away and body parts. If the shot shows exactly what it needs to, limbs, hair and other body parts are not important. Making a portrait more personal and candid can be a beautiful quality to capture. It can also intensity your sims beauty with perfect eye contact and expression.
Post edited by xJojox on

Comments

• xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited June 2019
    14Q2E6N.png

Jendowoz0612
    Myfavoritedesign
    Kittymeow
    Colormepink
    TexasTwangTonya
    Wbombje
    Aussiekarima
    Penguinwa101
    Fauxevermore
    Movotti

Post edited by xJojox on
    edited June 2019
    uJwrWKK.png

ROUND 6

De1GoNC.png

Round End
    Post edited by xJojox on
    edited July 2019
    f0lGEi0.png

Comments For Round Five

Myfavoritedesign with Lydia Weldon

Comment From Jojo: I like this a bunch. Her hair is an obvious stand out. Though it's lines on the fringe and some of its natural look of normal strands have been taken away. I like her makeup and the colour matching with the orange and purple. It's a very nice combination actually. The only thing i would change about this picture is to have her looking up a little more to engage with the camera. Other than that it turned out really nice.

Comment From Mamajanay: Love the rainbow hair, the vibrant gold/yellow eye shadow, bold purple lip gloss and that chunky necklace. Your pose is perfect for showing Lydia's Haute Couture.

Jendowoz0612 with Alyssa Tongol

Comment From Jojo: I like your finale efforts. The hair and makeup are all nicely pair and do come off a little vintage. I;m not 100% sure I'm feeling the haute couture part. It does come off a little more glam with the jewellery selection and the colourless dress. I think a picture with a different background may have perked your picture up some more too.When i think of haute couture, it has to look expensive and runway ready. This borderlines old fashioned..

Comment From Mamajanay: I would of loved to have seen a bit more bold, bright and crazy Haute Couture on Alyssa.

Wbombje With Madalyn Chen

Comment From Jojo: In this picture, I loved the colours. The colours between background and greenery … I didn't even notice at first it was a sim background. So you actually picked a nice set for your model. The hair piece is ready for a runaway that’s for sure. Her makeup was a nice little touch to the rest of your portrait. Very mice looking flower girl this round.

Comment From Mamajanay: Well now. Madalyn makes a stunning fairy tale creature.

Colormepink with Brittney Mattel

Comment From Jojo: Well she definitely pulled out the crazy card in the finale. Who would have thought to put a carousel in a hat like that? Oh you did. How creative. I can see that you have definitely gone for a circus like vibe for your inspiration, and she has the hair and makeup to go walking on the runway for sure. You could have possibly cropped her a little tighter. But still great creativity this round

Comment From Mamajanay: I absolutely love this photo of Brittney! The only thing different I would of done was to add a bit of bold or vibrant eye shadow colour.

Aussiekarima with Anika Savalani

Comment From Jojo: This beautiful lady belongs in a magazine. I don't even mind that shes not looking in the camera because it showcases her hair and hair pieces. Her mixed bunch of accessories and hair pieces mesh well together, and if she was looking at the camera you just know this lady would be fierce, i like your creativity this round ... great picture.

Comment From Mamajanay: Anika looks lovely in this. The colour of her hair, the accessories and makeup blend beautifully. I think a bit more care in making sure anything that is photo-shopped in the hair is blended well.

Penguinwa101 with Giselle Pansino

Comment From Jojo: A very angelic picture. I don't get the haute couture part to the picture … because I cant really see an outfit. Usually haute couture means expensive … and shes definitely got some expensive head wear. But it doesn’t exactly look designer or a bit strange. But she definitely pulls off the beauty ice queen and thats probably why i still like it alot

Comment From Mamajanay: Giselle makes a gorgeous Ice Queen. I love the added little snowflakes. I would of loved to have seen a bit more bright, bold and crazy Haute Couture.

Fauxevermore with Paola Bentes

Comment From Jojo: This reminded me something out of a Tim Burton movie. Actually it does look a lot like Helena Bonham carter is a take a second look at it. I like the eclectic bunch of creativity in your final shot. It's like you put the rounds all into one picture and boom this is what happened. It's a creative idea and i absolutely love it. Very nice way to finish up!

Comment From Mamajanay: I love the idea you went with by incorporating the previous round entries of Paola along with the different accessories. However I wasn't sure what was going on around her lips, if that was part of her makeup, if "smoke" or "mist" was suppose to be there or if it had something to do with lighting.
    Post edited by xJojox on
    edited July 2019
    ez5C77P.png

Round Six Winners

JtVrzOc.png
    FAUXEVERMORE

6NPxsJt.png
    MYFAVORITEDESIGN

JT264sv.png
    AUSSIEKARIMA

dirQSEQ.png
    COLORMEPINK

eu5izKl.png
    WBOMBJE

AND FINALLY THE MOMENT YOU BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

YOUR OVERALL WINNER OF PORTRAIT THIS SEASON IS ...
    hJfQUIh.png
    PAOLA FENTES!! Well Done FauxEverMore (Previously Jpikman).

AND IN SECOND PLACE
    COLORMEPINK!

AND IN THIRD PLACE
    MYFAVORITEDESIGN

Round 6 Scores
    Y2iW4W3.png

Final Cumulative Scores
    hnbJz7E.png

Post edited by xJojox on
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited May 2019
    This sounds like fun ... count me in :) .. musing on my model now
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    We'll you know how I feel about this comp, @xJojox . Please reserve me.

edited May 2019
    Awesome Jen and Lisa glad your both joining! Round One has been posted.

I skip applications, to save time and effort... and get straight into it leaving the first round open longer than the rest.
  • MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    @xJojox Please reserve me. <3
    7HX1Vwg.png
    edited May 2019
  • deviouslyvividdeviouslyvivid Posts: 103 Member
    Yas! reserve me please. <3
    No worries. Putting u down 😀
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I really like the sound of this and I need something to keep me occupied but I don't know if I will have a chance using a non cc sim. :s
    edited May 2019
    You can use a non CC sim @kittymeow. But you MAY (up to you of course) need to CC shop now and then to help you out in case in game content doesnt provide what you need. Bare in mind i do allow google photoshopped accessories etc :)
    xJojox wrote: »
    You can use a non CC sim @kittymeow. But you MAY (up to you of course) need to CC shop now and then to help you out in case in game content doesnt provide what you need. Bare in mind i do allow google photoshopped accessories etc :)

I don't suppose you know how to move the sims onto another drive? If I can do that I can use cc as I have a lot more space on the D drive. Reserve me anyway. :)
    I think you can using sims 4 tray importer. :) Not really sure. But you got some time to work it out. The first round/app (same thing) is open for 10 days.
  • jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    I am in! <3
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
    No worries jillie. Reserving you
    I've managed to do it now, so will have to get cc shopping. :)
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    Been waiting for this and I'm finally not buried under school work. Reserve me! :smile:
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    YESSSSSSSS Please Reserve Me JO JO @xJojox Super Excited.......... LOVE This Idea!!!! <3
  • wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hello, @xJojox ! I haven't been in a comp in a while, but I think I'm done with school (at least for a while), so I would love to join your comp. I haven't done these in so long, so sorry if I seem out of practice. Please sign me up :) !
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Yayyyyyyy HEY Lady! Welcome To Jo Jo's New Comp........ So Happy To See YOU @wbombje <3
  • wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    Thanks @TEXASTWANGTONYA ! I'm happy to be back. I can't wait to see your awesome creations :) !!! I think that this one will be fun.
    Ayq5S7Y.png