Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More than 3 years left Sims 4!

Comments

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited May 2019
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Seeing that SimGuruGrant was just moved off the Sims 4 to start a new project at least 3 more years makes sense as it would take that if not longer to make another Sims game.

What if the Sims 4 and the Sims 5 run at the same time, like Freeplay and Sims Mobile :o

Yeah, this seems very likely for some reason at this point. My friend also told me they will probably keep on working on TS4 and releasing new packs for the game even after TS5 is released. Maybe that means that players who won’t have powerful enough PCs can still buy new Sims 4 packs and be able to play the game for a few years until they will get the (possibly) more advanced and power-demanding TS5.

We already knew they have been planning new content for years ahead. This is nothing new guys. Just because some of you think TS5 will release soon doesn’t mean TS4 is ending anytime soon. Also I don’t think TS5 is even close to being finished yet, it’s probably in early development stages right now.

Let’s hope the upcoming content for TS4 will be better quality than the previous ones :) I hope Duke will be a great senior producer.

I dont play sims mobile but, from what I've heard, sims mobile has real babies and not objects stuck to a crib. Duke worked for sims mobile so maybe he can bring some ideas and knowledge to the table about implementing that into the sims 4.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    Seeing that SimGuruGrant was just moved off the Sims 4 to start a new project at least 3 more years makes sense as it would take that if not longer to make another Sims game.

What if the Sims 4 and the Sims 5 run at the same time, like Freeplay and Sims Mobile :o

Yeah, this seems very likely for some reason at this point. My friend also told me they will probably keep on working on TS4 and releasing new packs for the game even after TS5 is released. Maybe that means that players who won’t have powerful enough PCs can still buy new Sims 4 packs and be able to play the game for a few years until they will get the (possibly) more advanced and power-demanding TS5.

We already knew they have been planning new content for years ahead. This is nothing new guys. Just because some of you think TS5 will release soon doesn’t mean TS4 is ending anytime soon. Also I don’t think TS5 is even close to being finished yet, it’s probably in early development stages right now.

Let’s hope the upcoming content for TS4 will be better quality than the previous ones :) I hope Duke will be a great senior producer.

I dont play sims mobile but, from what I've heard, sims mobile has real babies and not objects stuck to a crib. Duke worked for sims mobile so maybe he can bring some ideas and knowledge to the table about implementing that into the sims 4.

that would be great
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope we'll see overhaul on personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    soko37 wrote: »

They are stuck to the bassinet still in mobile. As a matter of fact they are burrito babies like in TS3 that are stuck, they don't even have arms and legs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    The Sims 4 broke under its own weight at City Living. If it is the one game that is supposed to run for a decade, we'll have the most broken iteration yet.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    As much as I love new content, just thinking of another 3 years of it is worrying. I have a pretty decent machine but even now loading screens can take up to 2 minutes to load even without mods and cc. I might have to start to pick and choose what I buy and I would want it all.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    BrittaBritta Posts: 23 Member
    edited May 2019
    I think they had a specific number of expansion packs they wanted to come out with before the Sims 5..I forget the number that was said or rumored. I just hope when the time comes for Sims 5 they keep all of our feedback for the Sims 4, things we liked and disliked, heavily into consideration.
    Post edited by Britta on
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I doubt the game will last another 3 years from now. I don’t buy it. It’s already a buggy mess, can you imagine it in 3 years? (And no, it’s not my pc specs, I use no mods or cc and every single bug I’m seeing i also see on my niece’s copy on console) the game is just not optimised well at all.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I doubt the game will last another 3 years from now. I don’t buy it. It’s already a buggy mess, can you imagine it in 3 years? (And no, it’s not my pc specs, I use no mods or cc and every single bug I’m seeing i also see on my niece’s copy on console) the game is just not optimised well at all.

They already have confirmed it numerous times that the game will continue for years to come...gosh is that so hard to accept or believe?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I'll believe until this thread is moved to Speculation and Rumor. :p
  • Options

They already have confirmed it numerous times that the game will continue for years to come...gosh is that so hard to accept or believe?

3 more years as of this week? I’m sorry I do find that hard to believe. I’m not saying it’s going to end tomorrow. I think it will end next year.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Three more years seems an awful long time, but maybe that means they will take Sims 5 slow and make a really good job of it before it is released. Let's hope they don't make the same awful mess they did when Sims 4 was brought out.
  • Options

3 more years as of this week? I’m sorry I do find that hard to believe. I’m not saying it’s going to end tomorrow. I think it will end next year.

Then keep on believing whatever you want, but the truth is that it WILL NOT end next year. :)
  • Options

Then keep on believing whatever you want, but the truth is that it WILL NOT end next year. :)

To be fair, you don’t know that for a fact. I don’t know if it will or won’t end either. None of us know.
  • Options

To be fair, you don’t know that for a fact. I don’t know if it will or won’t end either. None of us know.

I feel like you really want it to end asap, huh? Nobody had said TS4 will end next year...if you don’t believe SimGurus, then that’s your problem.
  • Options

I feel like you really want it to end asap, huh? Nobody had said TS4 will end next year...if you don’t believe SimGurus, then that’s your problem.

Wow, what a lot of assumptions you are making. Please point me to where I said that? I said I don’t believe it will be here 3 years from now. That is all.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

3 years, was last year, when they tried to make that statement this year, which is what the thread's about, the tweet got deleted pretty fast. So I do not know why you are insisting that it will last 3 years from this day, when we can't possibly know :D
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Things change.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

Wow, what a lot of assumptions you are making. Please point me to where I said that? I said I don’t believe it will be here 3 years from now. That is all.

I’m sorry about my behaviour. But I just want to believe what the Gurus have said. I have spent a lot of money into this game and would prefer not to buy a new base game anytime soon. Have a great day you all :)
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member

It seems like your taking the comment a little to heart.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Lets believe. At least until this thread gets moved to Speculation and Rumor. :p
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Ahhh. I mean I'm glad that people who are having fun with 4 can continue to play...but those of us who want to see a ts5 because we don't like parts of 4... It's a bummer that it's the longest wait of any of the games. Like others have said hopefully it just bodes well for 5 being really good. :/
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

As far as I can see this topic is adressing a tweet that doesn't exist (anymore). I'd love to believe SimGurus, but I don't see any SimGuru stating anything in this thread.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    FancyNightFancyNight Posts: 35 Member
    Oh wow, 3 extra years of content! Didn't expect them to do that
    SilentConfusion.png
  • Options
    Sky97Sky97 Posts: 19 Member
    I find that the game is getting considerably more enjoyable as more packs are released. Seasons especially got me more into the game, and hopefully University will come out soon and add even more interesting aspects.