Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 006 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    @DebraF63 oh no! I'm sorry to hear this challenge has beengiving you trouble! I hope third time is the charm for you ;) try to grow a small garden of dragonfruit! they really make a big difference in income!

@Karise the dragonfruit and cowplant berries make Magnolia Promenade a lot more useful! xD I used to ignore it because I'm not a fan of retail, but knowing this made me visit a lot more

@IllusoryThrall thanks! :D I'm doing pretty good so far, but we'll seen once we're on the last stretch and all that xD also, it's so good to see you back :D I love the Ramblers so much! they're some of my favorite drifters!

I've been caught on some of my other challenges so I haven't played much with the Chaneys xD but I'll make an update once something interesting happens! right now we're only in the quest for a kitchen and dinning room!
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @SalemSvartulv Aww thanks! I'm never sure whether people actually read the Ramblers, so it's good to know that someone other than me loves them! They're always getting themselves into trouble. Which reminds me, they're next on my play rotation, which is always good news!
  • Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @SalemSvartulv Oh yeah - once I discovered you can get dragonfruit and cowberries from Magnolia Promenade I started going there in each house - and telling everyone else! :smiley:

@IllusoryThrall I love reading about the Ramblers so I'm looking forward to the next chapter. :smile:
  • Options
    @Karise Thanks! I just finished getting the Landgraabs' posts set up for my Townie Rotation, so Ramblers are next! Back to Toddler Mayhem for me. :wink:
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall I'm always reading! sometimes I even re-read them because they're so much fun xD I'll be waiting for the next update :smiley:

@Karise is definitely a knowledge we must pass on!

I had the impulse to go back to my drifter save yesterday, and I played what feels like a lot xD but it's really been just like a week and a half, I guess my sims are being really productive, so I have something for a not-so-little update!

pz30mCJ.png
    as you may remember, I ended last playsesion building my library, and I love it! here we have Elle and Paola putting it to good use! I also decided to make Jackson take the new Freelancer writer job, and let me tell you, those works are really well done! are pretty fun!

sEuJJPC.png
    the only downside about having four computers is that they're not unbreakable xD so Victoria is living on the edge and repairing them xD (well, I'm making her do it, I wanted her to gain handiness because some of her gigs need it)

and then...this happened
    V9XsPbG.png
    it just doesn't stop rainning in Willow Creek! and those mud puddles are reaaaally annoying! I'll send my sims to work on the pcs or take care of the plants and they'll fall down in at least two of them on their way :tired_face: so then they would decide to come back into the main "house" to get shelter from the storm, and by the time they got home they'll be totally dirty and uncomfortable, it was a nightmare!

soooo...I ended up building the rest of the first floor of the house!
    TetJHc8.png
    this is more or less how it will look! in front of the library we have a bathroom and the future laudry room/pantry, down from there is the "garage" that will act like a painting/crafting studio once I get the better easels
    left from the library is the dinning room, and the hexagonal room down there is the future kitchen! down from there I'm planning to just put some type of art gallery, but I'm still thinking about it xD and next is the main family room, I plan on putting a bar there and some activities in case I make some parties
    and all he way to the left we have the main bedroom, main bathroom, and toddler room&bathroom! I always preffer to have toddlers in the first floor xD its less hassle to move them around
    also, that little niche were the single beds were sitting and the similar one to the right are where the stairs to the second floor are gonna be! but it's a long wayt until there xD
    Anyway, house is currently 96k! not bad at all

c1pyRBX.png
    also, I really love how some flooring and that couple of things make the house feel more like a home! my sims are gathering a lot around the tv now, but it's really cute to see them xD

OWx5MT8.png
    and they also love to use the working out equipment xD Victoria needs level 5 fitness for some of her gigs so she and Braden are doing couple workouts! (not really, but it sounds cuter that way xD)

VLOmgr0.png
    8hasUUC.png
    then it was night out on the town! so everyone went out for dinner! and Victoria took the chace to practice some acting! I love making scenes xD and the other clients gave them some tips!

then we got the sad news that Laurel, Victoria's mom, had died :cry: bun ungle Gavin was really sweet and took her to the romance festival to cheer her up!
    qtAukEA.png

and of course we called Braden to join us once he finished his shift! and of course, we acted a little more xD it was great!
    lVmAiEB.png
    zZ2kJxB.png
    uAblHXc.png

but not everything between them is acting!
    18utnzS.png
    with the house on a good way and everything going smoothly, Victoria started rollling a lot of romantic whims with Braden! and since he had the "ask to be girlfriend" for a long time now...they decided to take the next step! and they chose to do it in the pretty room!

XzqQHk5.png
    and the next one! no nooboo, too early for that, but I didn't wanted to have trouble with them sharing the bed xD
    Also, just look at her face, she's digging him!

That's around where I stopped playing! but here are a couple funny things that happened too xD

wrLk8Rr.png
    I had Elle tell Jackson (her husband) that she's a criminal mastermind, which she kinda is since she works as a villain xD then I laughed at that moodlet he got! like, dude, you two are married for probably years! xD

jlfg8dx.png
    and this happened during one of Victorias acting gigs xD apparently someone dared this producer to strike xD it was unexpected and hilarious!
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv I re-read them too. :smiley: That's one of the reasons I write them in the first place, so I can always go back and remember what happened. I've found on the challenges I don't blog I get lost trying to figure out what was going on the last time I played, so I don't do many non-blogged challenges anymore. Loved the update, the streaking director was really amusing. The house is really coming along! Good job!
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall oh yeah, I totally get that xD the random legacy where I got Braden from used to be one of my favorite saves, but after I had to go a long time without playing I just couldn't get into the game again because I didn't remember what was happening/what my plans were :tired_face: so now I try to keep somethings written down somewhere xD

And yeah, I love when things get weird at the workplace xDD
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv The house is looking good - I'm looking forward to seeing the finished article. :smile:
  • Options
    @Karise thanks :D I'm really liking it so far! and it's being a lot easier that I thought it would be xD

I may do an update in a couple days with the family progress, I want to get a couple more things done before I do, but here's a sneak peek of the mansion!
    i3MBzvQ.png
    I really like it so far! but it's gonna take a while to furnish xD specially because I ended up spending 40k on unbreakable pcs after Jackson broke two in a row xD but I'm getting there :D I'm feeling confident about the aspiration now so maybe it¿s time for other things to start happening~?

upQNNPn.png
    also, this is a picture of when I started building, and noted the lightnings haven't been kind to the house xD at least I can sell the collectibles they leave behind and they usually are the rare ones xD
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv The house is looking good. And yes, the lightning is often unkind.
  • Options
    I finally had some time to come make an update :D crazy bussy weeks xD
    @Karise thanks! and yeah, at least it didn't hit anything I'll need to replace xD that gets really annoying.

but anyway, going back to where I left last time, we got some birthdays right away xD
    FqDikqs.png
    Elle and Jackson turned into adults, I think I lost Jackson's picture for some reason xD but oh well, there's no mucho difference in them after all
    Also, notice our new fish tank! I feel like I don't use that item enough, it's really pretty!

NVAkuqa.png
    we had a couple family outings so everyone could advance in their aspirations! gym first
    OHysoqe.png
    then museum, where Victoria saw Colt! Also, funfact, did you know that even if they weren't related at all, Colt and Ian appear in her relationship panel as her brothers! it's so cute
    VLfBBUP.png
    saddly, this was the day we recieved the news that Travis has just passed away :/ and just a couple hours later, Gavin too

S6BKTrH.png
    x1C6skM.png
    random pictures of gameplay~ this one actually made me realize my household is composed by brunet boys and redhead girls xD
    wFVvh3p.png
    another new masterpiece that I really like! i love how there are a lot I haven't seen before!
    sQV5jn9.png
    also I love when we get masterpieces like this one xD #simslogic
    UipfBci.png
    I added a bar when I made the second store of the house, aaaand sims usually get a little addicted as always xD Paola is the one who uses it more

mzJIykT.png
    and then it was also Victoria's birthday
    ubwYDnV.png
    and then Braden

and you could say they chose a special way to celebrate ;)
    FdgXqbe.png
    6OhhX4J.png

I'm gonna ad the pictures of the wedding under a spoiler ;)
    0gKqCAE.png
    IF8lmXa.png
    6mJVkdV.png
    people getting ready for the big event~ that blackhaired lady is Colt's wife! Ian's was also invited, saddly, we don't know Axel's wife, but he's also married and has two kids!

Qzk8EUi.png
    52ZKY6A.png
    0jB80cm.png
    gfZeu1I.png
    I'm really so in love with these two! it's fiunny because at the start I didn't even knew if I wanted Victoria to marry xD but Braden surely knew how to win her heart

lhmbtEn.png
    also just as a random fact, the mixologist had some really pretty eyes!

P9bei7j.png
    things got a little hot during the party~
    SZhpCWT.png
    and the heir is in their way!
    xx25g77.png
    I was waiting for Braden to react before taking the screenshot...but he didn't do anything xD seriously, anything_! he only got the happy moodlet for "big news"
    VTL13fv.png
    and they're not coming alone ;) I love habing to toddlers in the house at the same time, and we have more than enough hands to take care of them this time!

• Options

making another quick update! just because the new gen coming in always makes me excited!

UrcA6JV.png
    there was just a couple days since last update, but one of those was Neighborhood brawl...and apparently Victoria loves it because she's hot-headed xD saddly, she couldn't participate because she was pregnant, so she had to conform with cheering for her husband on a fight!
    h8daHq8.png
    And I didn't expect for Jackson to win to be honest xD I thought Braden having like 7 in fitness would help him

hWmLrKG.png
    the art studio/garage is coming around nicely! y love those murals, they give a lot of personality!

Y4z0dUW.png
    aaaaand also, after I made a couple updates on the house I decided to check the mansion baroon aspiration to see what else I needed to buy... and it looks like I don't need anything else xD so... yeeyyy? aspiration complete xD

Cmmfbal.png
    obligatory father freak out~ while Victoria only wants to sleep the labor off xDD
    XjBWq2m.png
    Please meet our new heiress! Ursula Chaney~
    It's funny because I always felt like Tori would want to have a daughter xD but also, Ursula is the first heir who isn't the opposite gender of their parent, so looks like that tradition has been broken ;) we'll see once she grows up if she still carries the Chaney eyes!

lFu4Juq.png
    KVUhUB1.png
    wEpmlJl.png
    and just a couple hours after... Jackson and Elle welcomed their own little girl, Addison Rocca ;3

• Options
    @SalemSvartulv Great job on Mansion Baron! I hate that aspiration, I am not very good at big house decorating. And grats on the heir! I always get excited when the heir arrives, too. :smiley:
  • Options
    @SalemSvartulv Congrats on the birthdays, wedding, heir and achievements. You've done quite a lot! :smile:
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall it's my first time doing it, and I really can't say it's one of my favorites so I'm happy it's ready xD funnily, I still have A LOT to decorate upstairs, so the house will probably end up being way over the needed value xD ..and it's always a special moment when it happens! I'm happy about it because I was getting a little bored with grinding money, but now I get to focus on the little ones!

@Karise thanks! It really was a couple of really productive playsesions xD know it's just getting Ursula to YA! I'm already excited for next huse xD it's a pretty unique one!

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @SalemSvartulv the house looks great and things seem to go very well
  • Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Hi y'all!

Just thought I'd pop in to see if anyone is currently working on House 006. I forgot how much fun and challenging this one actually is.

So far my little Ramblers are managing well enough despite the new addition of weather and camping on the lawn. (I finally purchased Season the other day.) Fingers crossed that they survive until I can build them a real shelter. Thankfully, I connected with this family quickly and actually find myself mentally writing the story as I play - first time that's ever happened. So I actually have the first 6 chapters already written!

Enough from me...

Happy Drifting & have fun y'all!
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    @AllieMac great to hear from you <3 Have fun with seasons, it adds something interesting to the game
  • Options
    @Illusie I'm liking it so far, but haven't really had anything major happen yet. The weather's been relatively calm. I started with Spring and am about 1/2 through fall. I think I'm going to have to restart the house though. My heir is almost an adult already and they have like maybe 8k and have just moved in the 1st extra roomie! lol. So yeah, I think I've set myself up for a rough one. Especially if I want to replace the house I built during my first play-through. I think that one was about 440k! That's gonna be a long time to camp on the lawn!! Spent too much time exploring and not enough making those simoleons. But that's the life of a Drifter, huh?
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    @alliemac, you are lucky. One of my sims started in a thunderstorm which was pretty hectic. It would be a shame if you had to restart! lol yes that's the life of a drifter.
  • Options
    @Illusie yikes! starting in a thunderstorm would be intense! (but entertaining nonetheless hehe)

I'm thrilled to announce it's time to start Generation 6's story.

6-1. Introducing Flint Rambler

Once again it’s time for another young Rambler to leave the comfort and safety of his parents’ home to fulfill his part in the family legacy.
    EvUNvxT.jpg?2
    Being the eldest, this task falls to young Flint Rambler,

Take a closer look at the background of our next heir in... 1. Introducing Flint Rambler

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    @alliemac, starting in a thunderstorm is entertaining! He got hit twice and got special powers until the moodlet ran out.
    I like the introduction of your sim!
  • Options
    @AllieMac Great intro. I look forward to finding out how Flint gets on.
  • Options
    @Illusie I didn't realize they could get a special powers moodlet. I bet that was hilarious & terrifying all at once! lol I'm glad you liked Flint's intro. :)

@Karise Thanks for reading yet again! Flint and his little extras are really speaking to me, so it should be a fun ride. :)

I realize I forgot to put the 2nd chapter in this thread, so it's a 2-for-1 day in House 006...

6-2. A Rough Start

Y7Jee3l.jpg
    Having survived the attentions of local Fashion Guru Nick Herz, Flint takes a moment to contemplate his new life. He originally thought the consultant had been quite off his rocker when insisting that Flint would set the fashion world on its ear with his new winter attire. In fact, Nick Herz had been so adamant about the new trend that he outfitted Flint with two different coats, insisting that the young man wear one of them when leaving his boutique. Flint personally isn’t too concerned...

Flint is ready to do his part but it's a bit of... 2. A Rough Start

__________________________________________________________________________________

6-3. A Rough Night

Fresh off the boat Emma Bell finds herself in a rather precarious situation.
    D8ndBup.jpg
    Nothing has gone according to plan. She was suppose to prove her family wrong, show them that she is capable of making it on her own and doesn’t need anyone’s assistance. Instead she finds herself desperately wishing she could call her father to bail her out and she’s only been gone for a day. How could it have all gone so wrong so quickly?

A new character enters in the mix in... 3. A Rough Night

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    @alliemac, yes it was. My sim had glowing eyes for a few hours. It did look creepy.

Emma looks pretty! I like her story so far. I'm looking forward to get to know her better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top