Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous NOT worth the money or TIME

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    One time I contacted EA Support via chat, and explained to the rep that I bought the Stuff Pack (it was either Luxury Party Stuff or a TS3 Stuff Pack, I can't remember which) and played with it once and didn't think it was worth the money I'd spent. I asked if they would let me uninstall and return it... and they did. They even gave me a 10% Origin Store coupon.

So... just go tell someone at EA Chat Support that you want your money back, uninstall the EP, and live your life happily and regret-free.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I don't care about Get Famous too! I wanted a Superstar remake but they just invested all in one single active carreer and it was acting. Rhe rest is so pointless to me. I don't care the social media thing at all! I wanted ability to be an actual singer, create bands, perform on shows, recording in a recording studio, etc... The Sims 4 still disppointing to me.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2019
    Get Famous was worth my time just not the full price of $40 and waited for an sale and I got it because I complete my collections and with this version I do not spend on it unless I can get it cheaper. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I must admit I don't like the pack as much as the others as it is not a Sims' ambition of mine but the objects and CAS are much better made. I am more of a builder though and steal all the stuff from the backdrops and stages for decoration.

I found it good to have a check of the "Options" first so that I could opt out of certain actions in the game that didn't suit me, like, in Seasons you could remove lightning etc.

• Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    DeeB424 wrote: »
    I can't stand this expansion pack. If I could uninstall JUST this pack I'd be happy again. I HATE HATE HATE this pack. It's horrible. Constant reacting in disgust and that celebrity walk O M G - why a modder could make a better version and then EA creates a mess. Sorry - this is not worth time or money -- I regret buying the Expansion Pack - GET FAMOUS

I concur with your believably accurate and astute assessment and your concluding regret for this content. I have had similar thoughts for the ts4 base game and subsequent slivers of content.

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts on this expansion. You helped me confirm my suspicions and this will help me determine if I should ever consider purchasing this content at some indeterminable future time.

Cheers
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    there are mods to fix both of these issues, and they're pretty minor issues.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Pros-
    The Acting career with interesting movie studio and ability to get famous in any career
    The Social Influencer media career and realistic equipment
    The cas and build stuff

Cons-
    The Celebrity walk. The shine stuff is ok but that walk feature is horrible. If it wasn't in slow motion, it would probably be ok. Either way, I hope either they take away the slow motion or disable it somehow for good. Especially, as many of us don't want to have to use mods.

Very disappointing world
    Having lived in LA, one of the neighborhoods really does look like a poor to working class neighborhood. However, where are the more middleclass areas like Long Beach or Beverly represented? Those areas are decent without being too ritzy. Also, even the wealthier houses appear to all have the same view which is weird. Also, there are not nearly enough lot's considering the game's purpose. In real life, so many people come to "hollywood" to become famous not just one or two people in terms of making it real for the Sims gameplay.

I really wish they could patch in or at least include an extra large world to make up for it in the next expansion game pack. Perhaps, that is wishful thinking but it would definitely keep me playing. Otherwise, I am extremely bored with this world.

you can turn off the annoying slow walk.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2019
    I have to say that I am really enjoying GF. I think the game play is quite fun, I really like the celebrity system and the fact that it's spread over a multitude of skills and careers and not just limited to acting. It also finally gives me a use for all those outlandish clothes that came with CL and Romantic Gardens. I dress my celebs in them because IRL celebrities are always wearing crazy stuff average people would never dream of walking around in. My only really big complaint about it is like so many, I really wish Del Sol Valley had more residential/buildable lots. It's such a cool world, and we finally got lots that are close together to create contiguous builds and then they short shift us on the number of them :/ .

Otherwise I think I it's a great pack and the reputation and quirk systems combined with the earned traits in Parenthood have really enhanced my Sims.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I quite enjoy GF but to each their own.
  • Options
    I may not like GF as much as the others but I am in the "I've started so I'll finish" mode and will complete the collection as the packs come out. I don't regret buying it as I find I am using the objects in it all the time now.

On balance I am glad I bought it as I find these packs have much deeper and surprising interactions that one doesn't see on first play and am looking forward to finding out more.

• Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Get famous is awesome besides the glitches.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I agree, which is why I refused to pay full price for it. I actually only paid $10 of my own money since I was gifted $15 as a Christmas gift. In playing it, I not only found glitches, but I also found that I am annoyed by the townies that come with it.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2019
    I’d never pay full price for any of The Sims 4’s expansions. Simply put, it’s not deserved. If you’re still putting out content for a game you admit cannot support fully fleshed out content, and you have a whole list of universal bugs and glitches that are game breaking and annoying, the most you are getting is half its asking price.

Hope The Sims 5 manages to be a better foundation. And able to handle worlds bigger than 5 lots a few years after its launch..
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I’d never pay full price for any of The Sims 4’s expansions. Simply put, it’s not deserved. If you’re still putting out content for a game you admit cannot support fully fleshed out content, and you have a whole list of universal bugs and glitches that are game breaking and annoying, the most you are getting is half its asking price.

Hope The Sims 5 manages to be a better foundation. And able to handle worlds bigger than 5 lots a few years after its launch..

If everyone did the same with a Sims 5 it would never get off the ground. Some of us have to give full support! This is the last iteration I will buy but will finish with all the packs.

Sims 4 keeps this forum going though! I doubt if it would still be here for Sims 3 otherwise.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I gladly pay full price for all the packs, because I enjoy the game :D
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I gladly pay full price for all the packs, because I enjoy the game :D

So do I
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Personally, I'm having a blast with it. But, then again ST was what kept me glued to Sims3, even with my love/hate relationship with that iteration.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I like the celebrity walk...
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »
    I don't care about Get Famous too! I wanted a Superstar remake but they just invested all in one single active carreer and it was acting. Rhe rest is so pointless to me. I don't care the social media thing at all! I wanted ability to be an actual singer, create bands, perform on shows, recording in a recording studio, etc... The Sims 4 still disppointing to me.

I quite like they focused on this career a lot rather than add another two big careers. The acting career wouldn't feel as good as it is now if they added a new one, like what happened to Get To Work and its 3 careers, retail, and aliens.

I love this pack. It adds a whole new depth in the game that can affect my sims at almost every wat just like seasons did. Your sim was a dancer?Just wait until you starter to become the famous dancer in Windenburg. It adds a new oppurtunities to my sims. My writer sim is no longer an ordinary sim too, she is now a famous author in my sims world.
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    • Players request new stuff.
    • EA gives new stuff.
    • Players complain that "no one asked for this" and request old themes.
    • EA gives old themes.
    • Players complain "we don't want to buy the same packs we already played -- give us something NEW!"

Rinse and repeat... 🙄

You missed "Players complain cuz the game has a gazillion bugs and always doesn't work properly and stutters everywhere on good computers.
    EA tries to fix said bugs.
    EA creates more bugs.
    Players complain some more."

Rinse and repeat.

Cuz that's me.

This is why I play sims offline :D
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Disable it. I regret having bought Vampires and disabled it. I miss the bb items but anyway my game went back to my normal.
  • Options
    jbt18jbt18 Posts: 41 Member
    What is totally ANNOYING me the most about Get Famous right now is that the celebrities. Ruin. EVERYTHING. When I take my celebrity sims out to eat, to the nightclub, bar, etc. The staff completely quit doing their jobs just to react to them. I go to restaurants, can't even get a table because the host is being stupid. I go to the nightclub, I can't even have my sims dance because the DJ stops working to react to the celebrities and now no music is playing, I go to bars, the bartenders steps out from behind the bar to freak out about the celebrity. In every place is messes with the staff making completely taking away what makes the lots functional. With my sims who aren't celebrities, the chaos of a celebrities' presence ruins it for them too and dont even get me started about retail. My artist has an art gallery and when she gets celebrities coming in there arent even any retail interactions that show so they are just standing there for nothing taking away the attention from customers and bringing in annoying paparazzi.

I really wish there was a way to fix this!
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited May 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

If everyone did the same with a Sims 5 it would never get off the ground. Some of us have to give full support! This is the last iteration I will buy but will finish with all the packs.

Sims 4 keeps this forum going though! I doubt if it would still be here for Sims 3 otherwise.
    That would kind of be the point. Companies can do whatever they want, no matter how shady, because they know the majority of their following base will do agree. They don't have to change their practices. EA could charge $100 for an expansion pack, and they'd suffer no big loss because the majority of simmers would still buy it. They have the fandom wrapped around their finger and they know it, like any other company.

I do enjoy the game, and I have every pack, but I still find it ridiculous the fourth iteration can only handle "worlds" the size of Sims 1's neighborhood. There's a reason I regret spending $80 for the premium version of the base game. There are no words for how I felt when the game was temporarily on sale on Origin for $5.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif