Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot log into TS3 site

I keep getting this page telling me to register but no where that I can log into existing account:

57280510_10156283395406497_254645488538615808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=a7a507bea66a67d00fb953c83944ea52&oe=5D6A9AF5
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited May 2019
    That's weird, it's happening to me too. Usually the log in screen is a small pop up but it's being directed to the registration page instead.

Edit: The log in page is gone even if I use search engines. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing... @EA_Mai
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I went to the Store - I wasn't logged in but when I clicked on My Page it took me there and I was logged on.
    @mikezumi I'm automatically logged in on my phone but not on this current computer which I don't use for TS3. Probably something to do with cookies, I'm not sure :sweat_smile:
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @coco Funny thing is I don't remember choosing the option to be automatically logged in so I don't know why I was when I went to my page! :D:D:D
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I was just there looking for a clothing item, and when I arrived I was logged out, but clicked Login, and was automatically logged in, which is unusual. Normally it asks me for my login details if I get logged out.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    I can log in, but not with Chrome. Probably a cookie thing. I've been like that for a while now. I had to add my log in details just now to log in.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited May 2019
    I just went and tried, and I logged in just fine.Try clearing your browser or try a new browser all together.
    I'm using chrome by the way.I wasn't logged in, but I clicked sign in and it automatically logged me in, which it does all the time, so that's nothing unusual for me.
    Even with Internet Explorer if I click the login button it still goes to the registration page, there's nowhere to type in my login details. I imagine when I get home my normal computer will be fine since it's always logged in when I load the page.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I just completely logged out and went and tried to login and I got this

E1130w6.png
    typed in my login info and it logged in just fine.
    I was able to get that screen and log in using Microsoft Edge. I have no idea why it redirects to the registration page on the other browsers though.

But I thought the login screen for the Store was different, I mean that one is for the forums or am I mistaken. All that matters is that it's not a widespread problem and we can still access our accounts :smile:
    I just completely logged out and went and tried to login and I got this

E1130w6.png
    typed in my login info and it logged in just fine.

I've been getting this screen to log in for a week or more. It's the screen I used to log in today.
    coco wrote: »
    I was able to get that screen and log in using Microsoft Edge. I have no idea why it redirects to the registration page on the other browsers though.

But I thought the login screen for the Store was different, I mean that one is for the forums or am I mistaken. All that matters is that it's not a widespread problem and we can still access our accounts :smile:

I can get in with Edge as well, but not Chrome but I suspect my issue with Chrome is cookies.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I cannot download Edge :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi everyone,

We updated the log in system recently so it works similarly to other EA websites. If you are already logged into your EA account in any other EA websites (for example, the forums or origin.com), you will get automatically logged into thesims3.com as well, no need to introduce your details again. :)

@king_of_simcity7 @coco - do you have more than one EA Account? If the account you are using here is not the same you use for thesims3.com and has never been used in thesims3.com, that would explain why you are getting directed to the registration page.
    You can sign out from your current account (there's an option under your profile here in the forums) and log in with the correct one, or alternatively do the following:
    1. Open an incognito window in your browser
    2. Go to thesims3.com - this time you won't be logged in, so you will get asked for the email address/password when you press 'Log in'.

Hope that helps!
    @EA_Mai I have two accounts and log into the forums on multiple computers just to make things confusing. Thank you for the explanation :smile:
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    I had a similar issue : when I clicked on "log in" from my launcher I would type the password and click ok, the window would close but I wasn't logged in. When I wanted to log in from the website, same. So I thought, let's create another account. I clicked "register" then filled in the form, then clicked "sign up", I couldn't, it would just go back to the empty form if I recall correctly. Now I play TS4 more.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited May 2019
    I logged out of this site and was then able to log into the TS3 one

[Removed by EA_Mai]

I had to log out of that account to get back into this account :(
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Thanks for letting us know @EA_Mai ! :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top