Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5: News, Rumors and Theoretical Release Date

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Sims Community recently wrote an article and it seems to make sense, though it’s possible TS5 is in the works or just starting up. Then again it could be nothing:

https://simscommunity.info/2019/04/30/more-clues-are-adding-up-that-the-sims-5-is-currently-being-developed/

I have learnt to take hints with a pinch of salt but anything is possible at this stage :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    Grant said we have atleast three more years of sims 4 (2018). So I assumed that Sims 5 comes in 2021 EARLIEST. Like 0% chance of it before 2021.
    Now hes not the SP for sims 4 anymore ( happend before sims3/4 aswell)
    Hes now secretly working for sims 5. Because of the job offering and other reasons its likely sims 5 developement already began last summer (propably earlier) and they shift focus more and more.
    Grant probably becomes senior producer for sims 5 again but in the past this took about 3-6 years I think. (source: Sims community)

Tho I assumed 2021 is the very earliest. I now think sims 5 gets announced somewhen between 2022 and 2025. I dont know if 2021 is still a thing but I think its not impossible just unlikely. Thats just my assumption.

In general I just hope they take more time. Better than launching an unfinished game. I still dont ger why people think sims 5 is a step up from sims 4. It will prob be the worst of the series and become better over the years (patches).
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sims Community recently wrote an article and it seems to make sense, though it’s possible TS5 is in the works or just starting up. Then again it could be nothing:

https://simscommunity.info/2019/04/30/more-clues-are-adding-up-that-the-sims-5-is-currently-being-developed/

TS5 probably went into pre-production last year when EA hired new people to work on a AAA Sims game. It'll probably start development this year or it already has.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I think Sims 4 will be the last iteration I get and I will finish the series. I'm getting a bit too old and bored with all the games now but still like to build the houses and make the families to live in with them.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,217 Member
    edited May 2019
    Like every year you will be disappointed again.
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 no announcement for The Sims 5.

Note:

Grant started TS4 project in 2010. In 2019, he start a new "secret" project... I don't expect to see something before 2023 at least.

As they said there are many games which live a decade. I think The Sims 4 is here for about 10 years (2014 - 2023).
  • GroovyTurtlezGroovyTurtlez Posts: 36 Member
    Wait wait wait, there's so much wrong in this.

The E3 2018 event

It's 2019 and E3 hasn't happened yet. What article is this from?

The Sims 5 Release Date – Will it be in 2019 or 2020?

Well definitely not 2019 given it's already almost May. Probably not 2020 either.

it says that it would be expected in 2021
    giphy.gif
    edited May 2019
    Grant’s work history clearly shows that he’s made a role switch only when he started working on a whole new Sims Title, including:

The Sims 3 (Lead & Associate Producer) from September 2005 to November 2010
    The Sims 4 (Producer & Senior Producer) from 2011 to 2019

2019... release date : 2023

Please stop torturing your mind.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    They already said that they will make content for Sims4 for years. They also said Sims4 timetables can't be compared to past versions. One reason, the game is online and easier to correct mistakes. There is more technology involved with Sims4 since it is all online. The direct comments from the top gurus seem to indicate that they are excited for and working on the Sims 4. I don't think they are currently working on Sims5. For one, because since Sims4 is online, it is a whole new ballgame. Second, people haven't been happy about Sims4 as far as missing content, slow new content, bugs, closed world's, ECT., so why would EA want a new version when many aren't satisfied. Third, many people are either happy with Sims4 or want the game they have sunk money into just as fleshed out if not more so than Sims3 plus the store, which would take ten years the way they are going. The only way I would ever consider Sims5 is if it was like Sims 3- open world, more spots on the map, ECT. I never wanted Sims4, but since we have it, I hope they just keep adding for ten years. As many have said, why pay to start over.
    edited May 2019
    Be careful about claiming TS5, you will end up getting another half-cooked game worse than Anthem.

Hurry development = Lack of content/feature and a ton of bugs
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sims 5 won't be coming before 2021, probably not even until 2022. The 3 years of content (regardless of how much content that actually means, it still provided a timeline) indicates we would still have support on this game through 2020 at latest.

I'm betting we have at least 3 EPS left, if not 4, for Sims 4. and likely a similar number of GPS.

For Sims 5...it's got to at least have a semi-open world, meaning by that open neighborhoods of 5-6 lots at least (more is fine.) I'd love for us to get more lots in in world, not the 50+ we got in Sims 3 and usually we could put a lot more than that. But more than the 20ish we're getting with Sims 4. 30-40 would be great. Also really needs to have a standard color palette for us to choose at least any basic color for items. Not as indepth as Sims 3 system but more customizable than Sims 4. Basic weather and basic pets in base game would be nice but I'm not sure if they'll do that.

If it does have these things, I'm not interested. Sims buying stops with Sims 4 for me.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Most likely Sims 5 will be 2023 if it does that.

I doubt that they can maintain public interest for TS4 until 2023.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member
    The 3 years of content that Grant said was in June of last year, one years almost up. Every time I hear 3 years of content, it’s mentioned as if it were just said. I just hope whatever is in store, isn’t some rushed project.
    edited May 2019

They keep the best for the end (Island Paradise ??? Makin' Magic/Supernatural ??? Farm ???)

It's the best way to maintain the interest.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

I don't know the game still needs vechiles and other NPC also they have produced packs that I was surprised about Stranger town and being famous and other careers that you can do from home so I could see them doing stuff until 2023
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    If the Sims games are to survive EA Maxis needs to create or upgrade the right engine for a Simulation game and not rely on engines that weren't designed for the purpose. Stringing out Sims 4 for a few years more might give them time to do it properly. They must surely have learned something from Anthem.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Ok.. this is nothing but opinions. I could write the same and then make it look like this is a sims 5 update with actual new simmers are waiting for. Heck.. everyone can write a piece like this and twist facts a little bit, so they look more interesting. In the end there is nothing new here..

*goes crying in the corner*
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I think Sims 4 will be the last iteration I get and I will finish the series. I'm getting a bit too old and bored with all the games now but still like to build the houses and make the families to live in with them.

Same, I'll have to start my adult life anyway, so I won't have any time for The Sims.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

They keep the best for the end (Island Paradise ??? Makin' Magic/Supernatural ??? Farm ???)

It's the best way to maintain the interest.

The Last pack for Sims 3 was not IP it was Into the Future - which I actually really enjoy playing still. My sims crack me up using jet packs and hoovercraft all over the place and meeting their future relatives.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2019
    The 3 years of content that Grant said was in June of last year, one years almost up. Every time I hear 3 years of content, it’s mentioned as if it were just said. I just hope whatever is in store, isn’t some rushed project.

He repeated it again a couple months ago. So did SimGuruKate. The estimate is still 3+ years from now.

*ETA: It was just said. Looks like he clarified again that there's still at least 3 years left. I'm assuming EA made him delete the tweet...
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958995/more-than-3-years-left-sims-4
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

He never said it's just 3 years and then it's over. He said there were 3 years of content planned (TS4 always had a 3-year rolling plan since its launch). There could have been more content planned since then.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

He repeated it again a couple months ago. So did SimGuruKate. The estimate is still 3+ years from now.

*ETA: It was just said. Looks like he clarified again that there's still at least 3 years left. I'm assuming EA made him delete the tweet...
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958995/more-than-3-years-left-sims-4

Well that's good them. I'm glad there is still 3 years left. I was thinking 2 years.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Umm, source(s)?

OP has gathered this information from various legitimate gaming news/fan sites and I can assure you OP has worked very hard to compile them in one post almost of all these were true and confirmed.
    y'all got bread?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I wouldn't mind waiting for a few more years, say 2023 or something. And if it does take them that long, then maybe it'll be because we'll be getting some things in the base game, such as seasons, parenting, apartments, pets, and University. I understand if they don't, but it would be really cool if even just one of those things was included in the base game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Umm, source(s)?

OP has gathered this information from various legitimate gaming news/fan sites and I can assure you OP has worked very hard to compile them in one post almost of all these were true and confirmed.

Still need sources.