Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please!! Create a Get Famous Mod

DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
edited April 2019 in Gameplay Mods
I would really appreaciate a mod that completely disables the aggrevation that is the mechanic that forces your sims and other townies to watch celebrities perform/dance! i found it causes not only extreme annoyance (try playing a single sim Household with this garbage!) but it also causes the game to lag or freeze because sims will get endlessly stuck if a few celebs are there to the point where they even pee their pants or almost starve to death, and it also prevents them from being able to go home or get stuck in it alltogether even if the celeb is long gone.

it is just a terrible mechanic and it serves absolutely no purpose at all: nobody gains any fun from it and the celeb gains nothing either, and it makes the game really boring to the poiont where i uninstalled Get Famous untill this is removed.

another suggestion is perhaps a mod that allows you to pick specific celebs that specific sims are fans of instead of everyone mindlessly fan over anything with 2-5 stars ergo you can click on Marcus Flex and choose for him to be a fan of Kayla Flemming or for music lovers and teen girls to be fans of Thorne Bailey. it could make it way more realistic than the way it is now: why would couch potatoes care about a sports star? and also add the option for sims to not be fans at all: not everyone cares about celebrities irl, yet in the game every single non-celeb is automatically a fan...

Comments

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    This mod doesn't disable it but it does claim to lessen it so might be of use:

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-werde-beruehmt/

It's the one called 'lesscelebreact'. I don't have it installed so can't speak to how well it works.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Oh, I'm not noticing the problem, but then again my Sim is a Global Superstar, singer Sim. I want Sims to flock to him and watch him perform.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited May 2019
    Oh, I'm not noticing the problem, but then again my Sim is a Global Superstar, singer Sim. I want Sims to flock to him and watch him perform.

i get it that's the point about celebs, but this mechanic is just obnoxious and flawed: would your global superstar really care about some minor starlet dancing all day? and the major issue with this mechanic is that it causes lag and gets sims stuck in it all the times even after the celeb stops and leaves… and even you must agree that it is really onedimensional anyways, right? not every non-celeb should be forced to be an crazy fan automaticly… not every soul on earth worships celebrities, better yet many people don't even bother with them. i don't hate celebrities irl but i also don't care about the whole spotlight scene altogether. they are just like any other person to me, don't wish them harm but i don't plant them on a pedestal either. the whole fan/celebrity mechanics could really use some work imo to make it more interesting, and they really should add a trait which causes sims to don't care about celebs and just ignore them entirely autonomously.. if they are cool why not have a chat but i don't like my sims being forced to be fans if i avoid the spotlight.

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I also unistalled Get Famous (which pained me because my sim who was trying for fame had got to 2 star level and I loved the fame mechanics) but it ruined all my legacy and family style saves - noone could date, go out to dinner, skill up in public eg. play chess in parks because of celebrities spoiling everything. I wish they had stayed in De La Sol Valley so I could enjoy all aspects of play in the other worlds.
    Becka28 wrote: »
    I also unistalled Get Famous (which pained me because my sim who was trying for fame had got to 2 star level and I loved the fame mechanics) but it ruined all my legacy and family style saves - noone could date, go out to dinner, skill up in public eg. play chess in parks because of celebrities spoiling everything. I wish they had stayed in De La Sol Valley so I could enjoy all aspects of play in the other worlds.

yes! i know exactly what you mean. and don't get me started on the psychics called paparazzi while i'm at it: they Always know where you are and show up instantly and they NEVER give you any break. i know paparazzi are obnoxious pests irl as well (there should be a law against them imo because it is a scummy business they run) but in the game they are just too much there… Get Famous is a great addition to the game but it needs some serious tuning to actually make it enjoyable.. right now i am too annoyed by it's many flaws to actually be able to enjoy it...

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member

i get it that's the point about celebs, but this mechanic is just obnoxious and flawed: would your global superstar really care about some minor starlet dancing all day? and the major issue with this mechanic is that it causes lag and gets sims stuck in it all the times even after the celeb stops and leaves… and even you must agree that it is really onedimensional anyways, right? not every non-celeb should be forced to be an crazy fan automaticly… not every soul on earth worships celebrities, better yet many people don't even bother with them. i don't hate celebrities irl but i also don't care about the whole spotlight scene altogether. they are just like any other person to me, don't wish them harm but i don't plant them on a pedestal either. the whole fan/celebrity mechanics could really use some work imo to make it more interesting, and they really should add a trait which causes sims to don't care about celebs and just ignore them entirely autonomously.. if they are cool why not have a chat but i don't like my sims being forced to be fans if i avoid the spotlight.

One thing to keep in mind, celebs are people, too. I recall how Meryl Streep went all gaga over being able to present Sir Paul McCartney with a Life Time Achievement award at the Grammies years ago. She really was a puddle. LOL Of course, were he a Sim, he'd be considered a Global Superstar, but then again so would she. Go figure. In the end they're just people, too.

Now, where I see the mechanics failure is the Sims not making use of the facilities during the concert/gig or whatever has them distracted. After all every facility I've built I make certain there are adequate bathrooms. Lots of stalls, if it's a huge place.

I have to confess that just seeing a 'celeb' in person, whether you're a fan of theirs or not, does cause one to react. It's inexplicable. Been there and done that. I'd hate to see me were I to meet my all time favorite. I'd be worse than Meryl Streep. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TyrianPrinceTyrianPrince Posts: 44 Member
    LittleMissSam has a mod in her pack of really small mods for a Get Famous reactions overhaul, might that be the kind of mod you're looking for?
    I know she has another one to make "fans" only homeless sims, unfortunately it's not quite what it was meant to be due to the way the game designed the "fan" system, but that plus the reactions overhaul does make the whole system a little more manageable without completely getting rid of celebrities and the general concept.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hi!
    @DanmanNefarius You want to check out Coolspears fame mods here. He has a mod that removes the reactions to famous sims completely.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I use LittleMsSam's "Gender & More Custom Lot Trait" mod. I set this lot trait on every community lot where I don't want any celebrities, paparazzi's, fans etc... When you enter the community lot in game play, the only thing you have to do is to click on the front door and disable all the kind of sims you don't want on that lot.

So basically, all my community lots (except in Del Sol Valley) have this trait, so the only community lots where I come across celebrities are in Del Sol Valley.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
    edited June 2019
    One thing to keep in mind, celebs are people, too. I recall how Meryl Streep went all gaga over being able to present Sir Paul McCartney with a Life Time Achievement award at the Grammies years ago. She really was a puddle. LOL Of course, were he a Sim, he'd be considered a Global Superstar, but then again so would she. Go figure. In the end they're just people, too.

Now, where I see the mechanics failure is the Sims not making use of the facilities during the concert/gig or whatever has them distracted. After all every facility I've built I make certain there are adequate bathrooms. Lots of stalls, if it's a huge place.

I have to confess that just seeing a 'celeb' in person, whether you're a fan of theirs or not, does cause one to react. It's inexplicable. Been there and done that. I'd hate to see me were I to meet my all time favorite. I'd be worse than Meryl Streep. LOL

sure.. but Sir Paul mcCartney isn't some minor B-lister! the guy is a freaking legend! just like for example a big timer like Beyonce Knowles would also gush if she met legends like Tupac Shakur or Bob Marley. but would she care for some B-lister? and gush all over that one like a rabid fan? i seriously doubt that myself.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    I've been looking for a mod to do this for a while. I tried writing my own lot trait to keep celebs from spawning but it didn't work.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Got you

Fame Tweaks - No Famous Walkstyle & No React In Disgust & No Moan Giving Autographs (Get Famous EP)
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13827-fame-tweaks-no-famous-walkstyle-no-react-in-disgust-no-moan-giving-autographs-get-famous-ep/

Fame Tweaks - No React To Pristine Or Terrible Reputation (Get Famous EP)
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13869-fame-tweaks-no-react-to-pristine-or-terrible-reputation-get-famous-ep/

Fame Tweaks - Sims & Worker NPCs No Reacting to Fame Level 5 - Celebrity Disguise No Clothing Change - No Reacting to Dancing Famous Sim (Get Famous EP)
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13857-fame-tweaks-sims-worker-npcs-no-reacting-to-fame-level-5-celebrity-disguise-no-clothing-change-no-reacting-to-dancing-famous-sim-get-famous-ep/

Needs to be registered.
    edited August 2019
    @SiliClone

you're my official new hero! works like a charm :D you have no idea how much you've made my day <3
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • AimeleeAimelee Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone happen to know if these mods from simasylum that SiliClone posted are being hosted elsewhere? Trying to register on their site, but not getting any verification emails or any response from management from their "contact us" link.(Is the site still active and being managed?)

Surprised EA hasn't addressed these issues. Incredibly annoying, "gamebreaking" features that just don't need to be in the game.

Thanks for your time, and any suggestions.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Aimelee wrote: »
    Does anyone happen to know if these mods from simasylum that SiliClone posted are being hosted elsewhere? Trying to register on their site, but not getting any verification emails or any response from management from their "contact us" link.(Is the site still active and being managed?)

Surprised EA hasn't addressed these issues. Incredibly annoying, "gamebreaking" features that just don't need to be in the game.

Thanks for your time, and any suggestions.

I've pm'd you re this matter.
  • AimeleeAimelee Posts: 2 New Member
    Got it, Bananas_45. Thank you so much for your time. Sent an email to the suggested link. Will see if it's still valid and I get a response. Thanks so much.
  • ChokoENChokoEN Posts: 14 New Member
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13857-fame-tweaks-sims-worker-npcs-no-reacting-to-fame-level-5-celebrity-disguise-no-clothing-change-no-reacting-to-dancing-famous-sim-get-famous-ep/
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13869-fame-tweaks-no-react-to-pristine-or-terrible-reputation-get-famous-ep/