Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where can I find Dust Spirits?

I know that they appear at nighttime but I cant find any..
Is there any specific spots :|
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps89d0df1a.png

Comments

• have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I found them at the Hermit's world. If you were facing the fishing spot with the waterfall, they were on the left on the little hill/knoll. :D
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    You can find the dust spirits in three locations in the national forest area. First, if you face the entrance to Deep Woods. You go left all the way to the fishing spot on that side of the national forest area. Just to the left of that fishing spot is a little grassy hill. You can find the dust spirits there.
    If you follow along the river there, all the way to the waterfall, you'll find a small round clearing there at the waterfall. If you move the camera just inside that clearing, and rotate the camera left, you'll find another little hill there. You can find the dust spirits there as well. Staying on the waterfall side of the national forest area. If you go past the central building there, along that edge of the national forest area is where you'll find the dust spirits too.
    Note this when looking for dust spirits in the game. They are never in the same spot twice. So if you spot them in one spot one night, and you go looking for them the next night. They won't be there, they'll be in one of the other two spots the next night. Their spots are random, so you'll have to look for them in each of their three spots every night.
    I have never seen the dust spirits in the Hermit's home in my game. So that one is a maybe, maybe not. :)
  • RagnarokJRagnarokJ Posts: 63 Member
    I'm still not finding any. Do you have any other advice into finding them because it feels like they made it FAR too hard to collect them. Do you think leaving the map and coming back could reset the map so they could finally appear?
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Once your sim enters the national forest area. Have them turn to their right, and go all the way down to the river. They only appear at night, so you must do this when it's nighttime in the game. When you get to the river, there will be a fishing spot there. There's a little hill just to the left of that fishing spot. You will find the dust spirits there. Stay by the river, and have your sim follow it until they reach the waterfall. Just inside that small round clearing at the waterfall is another little hill. The hill will be on your left at the entrance to the waterfall clearing. The dust spirits will appear here as well. Stay on the waterfall side of the national forest area, and follow that wall away from the river, bypassing the community building. There's another little hill just about to where your sim can't go any further. The dust spirits will appear here as well. Note this, when hunting dust spirits. They will appear in a different spot each night. :)
  • kfortikforti Posts: 210 Member
    I found them in the forest, go to the fishing spot with the waterfall, once there turn around (directly behind the fishing sign), there is a patch of grass and that is where they showed up in my game.
    I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)
  • RagnarokJRagnarokJ Posts: 63 Member
    edited February 2015
    Alright, but what if you don't make it to them in time? One thing that makes them a royal pain is they disappear and i don't know when they're ever going to return? Is there any practical way to collect these? They need to change it so you can collect 10 in one catch so it seems more fair. Can you collect more than one of these in a night?
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2019
    I managed to snag 2 of these in one night at Granite Falls. It's entirely luck based as a previous game I couldn't find any. The first ones I found near the end of the river by the fishing spot (not the waterfall end), if you are facing the fishing spot look to your left near the raised ground and they're around there. The other spot was by the forest edge, if you face the entrance to the toilets then look south-west from the toilets to where the edge of the forest is they're close by there near the rocks not far from the strawberry plant there.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Even though I know this thread will be closed, I'm glad the Zombie was brought out. I didn't even know dust spirits existed!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I didn't know of their existence either. Why would I want to look for them? Do they have any signifigance to the game?
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    considering there seems to still be some interest in this I'm going to leave this open for now, if it goes inactive again I'll close the thread off but for now carry on :smile:
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    I didn't know of their existence either. Why would I want to look for them? Do they have any signifigance to the game?

Maybe they contribute to the bug collection? I guess I'm gonna have to hit up some research for an answer because I'm curious.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    They contribute to the Insects Collection that came with Outdoor Retreat and some of them are needed for potions (Herbalism Skill).
    Gagea wrote: »
    They contribute to the Insects Collection that came with Outdoor Retreat and some of them are needed for potions (Herbalism Skill).

That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation. I'm assuming they are rare.
    I've bookmarked this thread for future reference.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Gagea wrote: »

Thanks for answering my questions.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    they're actually my favorite 'insect' in outdoor retreat and make their way into more than a few of my households (mostly the 'weird' ones) just because they're based on the soot sprites from miyazaki movies such as 'spirited away' and 'my neighbor totoro'

here's a shot of some jumping around in my plantsim house:
    30316b3cac22cf8a3a43c9d766256130.png

they are, indeed, rare and are only found at night (and not in the campgrounds area), similar to the willowisp (which is only in the hidden glade) and rainbow firefly (found pretty much everywhere)
    kalaksed wrote: »
    they're actually my favorite 'insect' in outdoor retreat and make their way into more than a few of my households (mostly the 'weird' ones) just because they're based on the soot sprites from miyazaki movies such as 'spirited away' and 'my neighbor totoro'

here's a shot of some jumping around in my plantsim house:
    30316b3cac22cf8a3a43c9d766256130.png

they are, indeed, rare and are only found at night (and not in the campgrounds area), similar to the willowisp (which is only in the hidden glade) and rainbow firefly (found pretty much everywhere)

Umm...okay, I wasn't expecting that. After seeing them, I need to go find some! :D
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    considering there seems to still be some interest in this I'm going to leave this open for now, if it goes inactive again I'll close the thread off but for now carry on :smile:

Thank you for leaving this up! I never knew they existed, either. Need to send sims out on the hunt. Makes one wonder what else is out there but lurking in the realms of the forgotten and unknown.
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited June 2019
    Update: Found 3 in one night, they seem to respawn almost immediately after being gathered and appear from 8pm game time. So far found them near the 2 fishing points in the forest and one near the edge of the forest. Will update if I find any more locations.

Update 2: Didn't see any more afterwards. There was nothing at the Hermit's house either.

Update 3: Found 2 at the waterfall and at the edge of the forest at the same time, so there can be more than 2 spawns active at once.

Clearing the forest of other insects also seems to affect whether they're likely to spawn. If you don't see any dust spirits try clearing the forest and with luck they'll spawn a few minutes later.
    Post edited by geekgirl101 on
  • LynnzieP510LynnzieP510 Posts: 3 New Member
    They’re the soot sprite from Sprited Away! 😊❤️
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Cute little guys. Not found any yet, but have made notes for reference.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Dust spirits? I didn't know about dust spirits. Sounds like I'm getting OR!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Wow learned something new
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I think those are the ones that only come out at night and they are in different areas within the deep woods where the hermit lives. I found one on the hill on the side of the waterfall.
    WbUrFQm.png