Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    > @nerdfashion said:
    > Maybe a new world...

Can't agree more, we need more space. Some "empty" world to be patched in, preferably with at least one (two or three would be better) 64x64 lot and a few more on the larger side (50x50 or so). I have only one EP that actually adds another world and all the other smaller packs I have usually add one community lot. For those like me, who don't like the theme of the major packs we have so far, space becomes an issue easily. Not to mention that using the terrain shaping is very limited on smaller lots.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    I wish we had the ability to create our own custom radio stations simply by creating a subfolder in
    Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Custom Music

9j4IJyC.png
  • SimDesignSimDesign Posts: 22 Member
    I would like there to be more of an adventure mode of game play throughout. The storylines of each town sort of hint at such a thing, but I think it would be amazing to be able to take on tasks and advance along a story within each world. Something ala Skyrim or Grand Theft Auto. I imagine if you were in one of these stories/adventures you wouldneed to collect certain objects, intereact with certain NPCs and build certain skills. Kind of like the careers, but more mysterious, as they depend on exploring the world itself. Sims could receive text messages with clues or directives and then it wouldbe added to their notebook. Sims would take/receive photos of clues to add to their notebook as well. There could be multiple optionsfor your sims along the way that would change the outcome of their adventure.
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited April 2019
    How about you fix my game? So far I've listed the following I'd love fixed/featured:

* Tarp showers can't be used in public on holiday, what is the use of that?!
    * You gave us portable showers but no portable toilets? Shame on you.
    * Toddler pottys should imo be portable, they're not nailed to the floor like proper toilets and I've seen parents carrying these around in bags for their toddlers to use.
    * Why no small portable TV? Or at least the ability to select channels to stream on the phone if nothing else.
    * Would love portable computers to be used on the floor and laps and not just tables, the fact you gotta use a table to use them at all is dumb.
    * Tarps should be portable and have some use to them, at the moment they're useless and you can't put them in your inventory to take on your travels with your tent (laughing so hard at this silly oversight.)
    * Rain breaks electronics at geekcon (ok yes I know rain and electronics don't mix, but this happens way too often! At least provide some kind of cover at geekcon so the electronics don't get rained on.)
    * Sims are way too sociable! It takes 3x longer to do anything because they stop what they're doing to talk, get out of the chair during dinner, hug/kiss each other, then play a game of musical chairs around the house. Seriously mealtime should be you get in your seat and stay in it until you finish eating. It should not take 3 hours to eat a sandwich. It's not just mealtime that gets affected, it's everything down to cooking dinner, doing homework, writing a book etc etc.
    * So, how many times have you lost books during vacation because your sim put it away in a public bookshelf when you didn't notice? Ah let's go read that book on wilderness 2 whilst it's raini...wait, where did I put it?
    * Speaking of rain, uh oh the hooverbot broke down again because it keeps going outside where it's raining. For the love of god please either restrict their access to indoors only or give us the ability to lock doors to them!
    * Advice for children is a trap where almost every action results in loss of emotional control and you cannot cancel it, and it is a huge amount lost! There's very few ways in which to raise it. Jogging exhausts them and they stop listening to music after a while that it's a major chore to keep their emotional control from dropping into the red.
    Post edited by geekgirl101 on
  • LipscannaLipscanna Posts: 23 Member
    I have a very long list of things I would like in The Sims but for now I only want one thing:
    An "Unlocks" filter for CAS where you can see which outfits you unlock when completing certain job levels. And a cheat to access them would be most welcomed.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    It'd be nice if sims using instruments, books, or the sketchpad would put it back into their inventory when done instead of putting it on the ground (instrument), looking for a bookshelf (books), or for large enough flat surface (sketchpad).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • katka_kynclovakatka_kynclova Posts: 79 Member
    CAS:
    - a larger variety of skintones (eg. more yellow-toned deeper skintones)
    - more relationship options in CAS (such as grandmother without having to create the parent)
    - ability to randomize traits

Build and buy mode:
    - exterior trims fixed
    - ladders
    - living off the grid type of furniture

Gameplay:
    - fixed Dine Out
    - more child/child interactions (such as play tag)
    - babies staying as they are now (I really like the original The Sims vibes)
    Twitter: @ kateknc
    Origin ID: kate_knl :cookie:
  • Skyview0Skyview0 Posts: 7 New Member
    I would like to be able to purchase just the build / buy mode (building mode and cas mode) STUFF from a pack, let's say, Vampires. It took me a while to buy that because I wasn't sure if I wanted vampires, but I wanted the build and CAS stuff, same for get to work, and other such things. I haven't done the parenting pack, because it frustrated the heck out of me after trying it on my daughter's PC when she visited. However, I like the "STUFF" in that pack for building stuff and for putting on my Sims. I think it would be great. If later, a person decides to buy the pack for the game play stuff, that could be done too... maybe splitting them up into game play changes in one thing and the "stuff" in another..... I think it would be great for people like me that don't necessarily want all the stuff in an expansion.
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    I would like to see more natural interaction when Sims invite other Sims around to their house and when they invite others out. As it stands now your active Sims have to do all the initiating in those scenarios, the Sim that invites you just does their own thing and doesn't act like a host at all!

• Amber_DiPhillipoAmber_DiPhillipo Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Skyview0 said:
    > I would like to be able to purchase just the build / buy mode (building mode and cas mode) STUFF from a pack, let's say, Vampires. It took me a while to buy that because I wasn't sure if I wanted vampires, but I wanted the build and CAS stuff, same for get to work, and other such things. I haven't done the parenting pack, because it frustrated the heck out of me after trying it on my daughter's PC when she visited. However, I like the "STUFF" in that pack for building stuff and for putting on my Sims. I think it would be great. If later, a person decides to buy the pack for the game play stuff, that could be done too... maybe splitting them up into game play changes in one thing and the "stuff" in another..... I think it would be great for people like me that don't necessarily want all the stuff in an expansion.

Yes 100% I agree with you. If we were able to choose the items out of each pack that we would use and or want regardless of features it would be so much more worthwhile. In regards to the amount of money that we've been spending on this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game.
  • zooraveszooraves Posts: 2 New Member
    Consistency. I would like to see some consistency in build mode items. I'm brand new to the game and it's very frustrating not having doors and matching windows, among many other items (eg counters, furniture, etc). I spend so much time looking for one item to match another and then don't even get to play, or get so frustrated I walk away. Doesn't really inspire me to keep buying packs where i'm just going to run into the same problem again.
  • StefanosStefanos Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello. I think that elders in The Sims 4 are not old enough. It would be much better if there was another age after the elder. The elders now look to be around 65 years old. If I want to have a person that is 85 or 90? The best case scenario is to be able to choose the exact age of your sims (for example 42 years old e.t.c) but if this is not possible I think everybody would like another age before the death of the people. A state at which they are very old. Some of them could also have Alzheimer’s disease or other diseases that usually occur to old people.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    The ability to set our own party Events and how NPCS act on partys

I am so sick of not having a pool party Event, really!
    I am done of not having a Christmas Party Event

On Partys they all act the same, are attracted to the same objects and things like that.

I think its so frustrating, that Sims who are getting married arent waiting till everyone gets seated.
    The same goes for Sims who are aging up, they dont wait till the guest can watch the Sim grow up.

I want a system like the Festives in Seasons or Get Together, were you can invite up to 15 Guests,
    choose the activity that the guests will be doing, give the party event a Name and set their clothing attire.

Because there is no Baby Shower
    There is no Bachlerotte Party
    There is no Funeral Event

ETC. ETC. ETC.

Also more stuff to do together

Sims that can jog together
    Wander together
    playing on instruments together, creating their own songs
    Singing together, so it matches
    working out in front of the TV together, have a Aerobic group...
    Sims who go to the spa together, so they talk while they get their foot massages and even drink, like this picture..

33a8mfm.jpg

lol i am getting carried away, things like that will never happen.
  • godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    I would like to see extended family relationship improved. I just noticed that familial relationships need an overhaul. I guess I never noticed before because I don't tend to stick with one family for too long, but one of my sims could potentially have a romantic relationship with her uncle. This is extremely disturbing and do not understand why this can not be fixed. It is listed as her uncle in the relationship panel, but she can have romantic relations with him? Cmon now. lol
  • godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    Skyview0 wrote: »
    I would like to be able to purchase just the build / buy mode (building mode and cas mode) STUFF from a pack, let's say, Vampires. It took me a while to buy that because I wasn't sure if I wanted vampires, but I wanted the build and CAS stuff, same for get to work, and other such things. I haven't done the parenting pack, because it frustrated the heck out of me after trying it on my daughter's PC when she visited. However, I like the "STUFF" in that pack for building stuff and for putting on my Sims. I think it would be great. If later, a person decides to buy the pack for the game play stuff, that could be done too... maybe splitting them up into game play changes in one thing and the "stuff" in another..... I think it would be great for people like me that don't necessarily want all the stuff in an expansion.

To add to this, I do not want Pets but would really like the world that is included in it.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I would really like to have an Air conditioning unit (that only Cools when on) and a furnace (the only heats when on) since irl not all older houses have air conditioning built into their systems. idk I just really think this would be neat, and maybe make it cheaper than the thermostat thing we actually have in seasons?

I'd also really like to see autonomy get a revamp, I find it hard to participate in active careers when my sims kids or my sims spouse won't take care of the kids when my officer sim is at work. So while my sims at work I spend more time on a loading screen than I ever did playing 500+ of sims 3 just so I can keep the toddler alive and not in the hands of the invisible government.

I would like to see worlds come with every pack we get. Maybe Stuff packs get a 4 lot world, GP get like a 10 lot world and EP get the full-sized world, something like that, even if they're just empty like newcrest, but new worlds with every pack would be great I think. The worlds are so small and we have so few of them. I understand a lot goes into them production wise but there are little places to build. and I keep having to bulldoze buildings when I want to take a short break from my families in the game.

I would love to see midlife crisis return again for adults, I would love to see improvements on babies, children, and teenagers, I've heard elders need improvement but I haven't gotten that far in any saves yet to get to elder.

I would like to see randomizing traits in CAS again.

I'd also really like to see chance cards with negative consequences that might end in my sim being fired similarly to what the sims 2 had(my poor sim in ts2 has been fired 4 times so far and it's only her second summer of life).

I would really like to see their traits affect what career they want - and I want career specific whims to come back, like I want my klepto sim to want to join in a life of crime, stealing for a klepto sim is fun right? So she might want to do that for a living.

I have more I would like to see but this all that's off the top of my head at the moment.
  • HarryhakaHarryhaka Posts: 8 New Member
    To build couches like you build kitchen islands
  • vancegilbertvancegilbert Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2019
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hello Simmers,

We love feedback, we crave it ... And with that thought in mind we wanted to start a dedicated thread, so you can share specific items you hope to see in game.

Have a specific haircut you love and want to see it in game? A make-up style you use daily and want to replicate in The Sims 4? Missing a skin tone that is just right for you?

Let us know the styles/items you want to see in-game! Pictures are loved and much appreciated.

I'd love to be able to shut off some "features", like make the "free" holiday pack optional. I'd love to see the gifts and christmas decorations skip being put up one year because they were stuck in a bunch of boxes in the garage. It gives me the option of having a garage sale and selling all of it.

Can we have a garage sale to get rid of unwanted free "packs" that were added without really being wanted? A grim guitar so you can email me? Ok, can I sell it now? Please? Oh, can we have cars and garages? Not that I really liked having them taken away with the Sims 4 upgrading from the Sims 3, but you know, anything to sell a game... ...and it's expansions, again.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Skyview0 wrote: »

Agree! I've bought Vampires because of the Cas and bb items. But anyway i gave a try with playing with vampires but I really don't like it. So I ended up uninstalling hthe pack.
  • LP040421LP040421 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like you to add a soccer feature and the feature to join to like basketball teams, soccer teams, football teams, ........

(Maybe to go to a team as a kid and maybe have a career one day)
  • SimDesignSimDesign Posts: 22 Member
    I would like if the decisions my sims made had real consequences that altered their life story. Not just memories, but more like a "chose your own adventure". If you go down one path, it affects what decisions you can make later (more than just social interactions). For example: If you decide to be mischievous and get good at VooDoo, your character is now developed in a certain way. The reputation gets around, and other sims (who you aren't already close with) begin to fear or mistrust you. New career options are open to you (such as becoming a High Priestess). Special missions present themselves that you can take if you want to (like finding a unique object that will make you more powerful, or controlling the mind of a politician to change the course of your world). I could think of more for different skills/paths, but hopefully this inspires some ideas. I hope I'm not repeating anyone's idea. I couldn't find anything through my searches- but I think there are a few of us who at least agree that there should be consequences to our Sim's actions, and this is one example of what that may look like.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Extended Cheat Syntax

I use a lot of premade sims as supporting cast for my played sims to interact with. Their "bodies" are stored in my library, but their "souls" or "history" are saved in text files that contain dozens of cheats (skills, traits, relationships, etc.) for each sim. To copy each single line takes time, I wish we had delimiters to concatenate multiple cheats like this:
    outfits.copy_outfit 1 0 0; outfits.copy_outfit 2 0 0; outfits.copy_outfit 3 0 0; outfits.copy_outfit 4 0 0; outfits.copy_outfit 9 0 0; outfits.copy_outfit 10 0 0; outfits.copy_outfit 11 0 0;

Also, variables. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could do something like this...
    modifyrelationship Don Lothario * Caliente 100 Romance_Main

...or this?
    modifyrelationship Don Lothario $allSims(female, elder) 100 Romance_Main

• SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    more natural hair colours
    eyelashes
  • TheSimsFamilyTheSimsFamily Posts: 4 New Member
    1. Better Genetics

When choosing hair, you would first have to select from a scale of "Genetic hairs" (which is what the gene of the "sim" would pass on) and then select a "colored" hair (if you want that for your sim).

Can go to a plastic surgeon to change your appearance, however, your previous looks would be what is passed on to the children. So your famous sim can go and get lip injections, but her kids would not have the massive lips passed on. (It would obviously cost depending on how much you change)

2. Better ways of populating cities:
    2.1 Allow for us to change how often random households will move into empty lots
    2.2 More random households that have larger families (Like a single parent household with 2 teenage daughters, or a 2 parent household with a toddler and a child)
    2.3 A "Move in stranger" option, the household would not be considered as played and all of the lots are free of charge (so it's easier to populate households)
    2.4 For unplayed households, clicking the lot should give options such as (if there's 2 young adults- elderly) the option to have them married, or (if there's a woman and a man) that the woman will get pregnant etc. So you can faster change the style of the neighboorhood. Perhaps you want your best friend sim to also be pregnant, but you do want to take the time to enter the lot, make them in love and them have the try for a baby.

3. Notifications when sims in payed households are about to age up / die, so that you can enter the househould and give them the proper peparations for a birthday / death that they deserve.
  • Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    Chest freezers. how have we never had chest freezers? They would be perfect for my gardener sims. Harvest and freeze fruit and veg.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top