Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    UncleDuckjobUncleDuckjob Posts: 5 New Member
    > @EngineerDaisho said:
    > Hi All! I'm EngineerDaisho. I'm very late to the franchise compared to many of you; I picked up the Sims 4 just a couple of years ago after a friend started streaming her games, and I just had to start playing too. :D But I've been playing video games for a very long time - anyone else remember the TRS-80?
    >
    > I lurk a lot. I also have this terrible habit of poking at bugs I find in the game and then reporting them. :)
    >
    > Nice to meet all of you! Thank you @rosemow for nudging me toward this thread.

Welcome to the party, @EngineerDaisho!

While I didn't really start home gaming until the 386/486 and NES (Born in 82), I do remember RadioShack, which unless I'm wrong, released the TRS-80 with Tandy. (Padre was into tech when I was a kid.) Pretty bleedin' cool to see how far tech has come these days, no?

Hope you enjoy lurking around the forums, and may your splines always reticulate, and your sul sul's always dag dag. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    MissTete wrote: »
    Hello, I'm a long time Simmer. I started as a kid with the original game. I left for about 5 years (during Sims 3) because real life was calling and I had things to do lol. I'm back starting up with Sims 4. Oh how I've missed it.
    I find some aspects of Simming are like riding a bike, you never forget, but some new features are tripping me up a bit. It's still fun!

Hello @MissTete :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1 when a child, and now you are back simming again after a break, You would have lots of special memorises of fun and happy times spent simming when you played the original game <3
    Carl's Sims 4 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game, if you are having a few issues with getting used to Sims 4.. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    MissTeteMissTete Posts: 22 Member
    @Rosemow Thanks so much. I do have so many memories. TS1 was a favorite game for me and my friends back in the day. Then TS2 came and I was in love lol. Picking it up again now that I have the time has been a real treat.
  • Options
    @Rosemow Thanks so much. I do have so many memories. TS1 was a favorite game for me and my friends back in the day. Then TS2 came and I was in love lol. Picking it up again now that I have the time has been a real treat.
    You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    Hi, I'm Tech, or you can call me Katy, started playing with the sims 2 in middle school eventually moved to Sims 3 then play sims 4 every now and then. I still mostly play Sims 3 but I am very curious to see where Sims 4 is going to go, there is so much potential for it. I'm an aspiring programmer but have yet to figure out how to control + shift + c motherlode irl quite yet lol and wish I could knock off the 120 at the end of my username but other than that I'm super glad to be here, can't wait to see where the Sims franchise goes from here!
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Tech, or you can call me Katy, started playing with the sims 2 in middle school eventually moved to Sims 3 then play sims 4 every now and then. I still mostly play Sims 3 but I am very curious to see where Sims 4 is going to go, there is so much potential for it. I'm an aspiring programmer but have yet to figure out how to control + shift + c motherlode irl quite yet lol and wish I could knock off the 120 at the end of my username but other than that I'm super glad to be here, can't wait to see where the Sims franchise goes from here!

Hello @techbilt120 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2 when at school, then that led you on to playing Sims 3 and also sometimes Sims 4. Simming is very enjoyable and fun!
    It would be great to use the money cheats in real life also! :)
    If you would like to change your forums username, you can post a request to change the name on the activities wall of either EA_Mai or EA_Rtas
  • Options
    Mogan99Mogan99 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, My name is Morgan and I have been playing the Sims my whole life. I started on the original Sims when I was about 8.
  • Options
    Mogan99 wrote: »
    Hi, My name is Morgan and I have been playing the Sims my whole life. I started on the original Sims when I was about 8.

Hello @Mogan99 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 1 as a young child, and very special that simming has been a part of your life as you were growing up <3 You would have enjoyed spending many happy and fun hours over the time, playing, creating and building in the game! :)
  • Options
    EngineerDaishoEngineerDaisho Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks, @UncleDuckjob :) And good memory! Yes, the TRS-80 was Radio Shack's contribution to the computer market way back when. Their Tandy brand came along a little later IIRC, but don't hold me to that. And yes, I marvel that I can carry a computer in my pocket today. :D
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Hi! umm I signed up to just talk and help people with my favourite obsession... The Sims!
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    Hi! umm I signed up to just talk and help people with my favourite obsession... The Sims!

Hello @queenvortex808 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads. It is great that we are all simmers from around the world, and all share the same interest which is enjoying and having fun playing The Sims! :)
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > queenvortex808 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! umm I signed up to just talk and help people with my favourite obsession... The Sims!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @queenvortex808 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads. It is great that we are all simmers from around the world, and all share the same interest which is enjoying and having fun playing The Sims! :)
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you rosemow! By the way I have read many of your posts before I had an account and I have to say you have helped me alot!
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > queenvortex808 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! umm I signed up to just talk and help people with my favourite obsession... The Sims!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @queenvortex808 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads. It is great that we are all simmers from around the world, and all share the same interest which is enjoying and having fun playing The Sims! :)

Thank you rosemow! By the way I have read many of your posts before I had an account and I have to say you have helped me alot!

You’re welcome! :) Thankyou!
  • Options
    DentalchickJuliaDentalchickJulia Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello all! I've been a part of the community for awhile just haven't posted much. I come here to mainly read up on my favorite game!! I've played the Sims since I was 12! I've tried very hard to get any of my 5 kids interested and no such luck. :neutral: I work full time in dental and promoting Thrive, plus the family thing, plus school so it doesn't leave a lot of time to play but this site is great for catching up and getting a hint of a fix while at work/school.
  • Options
    Hello all! I've been a part of the community for awhile just haven't posted much. I come here to mainly read up on my favorite game!! I've played the Sims since I was 12! I've tried very hard to get any of my 5 kids interested and no such luck. :neutral: I work full time in dental and promoting Thrive, plus the family thing, plus school so it doesn't leave a lot of time to play but this site is great for catching up and getting a hint of a fix while at work/school.

Hello @DentalchickJulia :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you have been playing the Sims since you were a child, and that it has been a part of your life as you were growing up
    Perhaps one day your kids may decide to play the game! You sound like you have a very busy life, and so would enjoy any time that you have free to enjoy playing the game as a restful break from real life :) It is great that reading the forums keeps you uptodate with simming news,
  • Options
    PixelNestPixelNest Posts: 51 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm both new to the game and the forum. I used to play the Sims Social on Facebook back in the day and always loved the building aspect of it, so when I FINALLY got the Sims 4 a few weeks ago you can understand how I immediately became addicted to building lots. I'm really excited to become part of this awesome community!
  • Options
    PixelNest wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm both new to the game and the forum. I used to play the Sims Social on Facebook back in the day and always loved the building aspect of it, so when I FINALLY got the Sims 4 a few weeks ago you can understand how I immediately became addicted to building lots. I'm really excited to become part of this awesome community!

Hello @PixelNest :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to playing the Sims game and the forums!
    It is exciting that you have recently started playing The Sims, and it is nice that you are enjoying building lots :) Building is a very special part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game and is fun at the same time!
    Happy simmimg! :)
  • Options
    godzilla166godzilla166 Posts: 68 Member
    Hello I've been a simmer for a good while now started with Sims 2, but rarely have posted on any fan sites, perhaps I'm just shy! I really want to start sharing a bit more so aiming to become a member. My favorite part of Sims is building and character creation, and my greatest accomplishment is building a New Orleans-style world in the Sims 3, which I unfortunately lost to a dead computer. Hope I can share some of my content in the near future!
  • Options
    Hello I've been a simmer for a good while now started with Sims 2, but rarely have posted on any fan sites, perhaps I'm just shy! I really want to start sharing a bit more so aiming to become a member. My favorite part of Sims is building and character creation, and my greatest accomplishment is building a New Orleans-style world in the Sims 3, which I unfortunately lost to a dead computer. Hope I can share some of my content in the near future!

Hello @godzilla166 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you been playing the Sims for a while and started simming by playing Sims 2. You would have spent many enjoyable hours over the time in build mode or in cas, enjoying expressing your creativity as you built and furnished homes or made Sims :)
    Your NewOrleans world sounds great! I am sorry that you lost it :(
    It will be great to see your creations!
  • Options
    godzilla166godzilla166 Posts: 68 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > godzilla166 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello I've been a simmer for a good while now started with Sims 2, but rarely have posted on any fan sites, perhaps I'm just shy! I really want to start sharing a bit more so aiming to become a member. My favorite part of Sims is building and character creation, and my greatest accomplishment is building a New Orleans-style world in the Sims 3, which I unfortunately lost to a dead computer. Hope I can share some of my content in the near future!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @godzilla166 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you been playing the Sims for a while and started simming by playing Sims 2. You would have spent many enjoyable hours over the time in build mode or in cas, enjoying expressing your creativity as you built and furnished homes or made Sims :)
    > Your NewOrleans world sounds great! I am sorry that you lost it :(
    > It will be great to see your creations!

Yeah I have and it's nice to meet you too, thanks! Made some pretty cool creations over the years and some interesting Sims as well! Yes it was an amazing world that I never really got to show off, maybe I'll pick up the Sims 3 again soon and create something else spectacular! Love a lot of the building tools in Sims 4 though not going to lie!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > godzilla166 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello I've been a simmer for a good while now started with Sims 2, but rarely have posted on any fan sites, perhaps I'm just shy! I really want to start sharing a bit more so aiming to become a member. My favorite part of Sims is building and character creation, and my greatest accomplishment is building a New Orleans-style world in the Sims 3, which I unfortunately lost to a dead computer. Hope I can share some of my content in the near future!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @godzilla166 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you been playing the Sims for a while and started simming by playing Sims 2. You would have spent many enjoyable hours over the time in build mode or in cas, enjoying expressing your creativity as you built and furnished homes or made Sims :)
    > Your NewOrleans world sounds great! I am sorry that you lost it :(
    > It will be great to see your creations!

Yeah I have and it's nice to meet you too, thanks! Made some pretty cool creations over the years and some interesting Sims as well! Yes it was an amazing world that I never really got to show off, maybe I'll pick up the Sims 3 again soon and create something else spectacular! Love a lot of the building tools in Sims 4 though not going to lie!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    ACGACG Posts: 30 Member
    Hello,

I went to the Origin store looking to get a Star Wars game and noticed Sims 4 base game on sale. I couldn’t resist the temptation and bought it right away. I’ve played pretty much every version of the Sims since the first one (didn’t care for the Urbs all that much, though), and sure enough I’m back to being addicted. I’m no pro at these games or anything and aren’t usually that social about playing them, but I stumbled on these forums because it seems to be a good outlet to chat about sim life.

Currently I’m just playing the Sims 4 base game and am really enjoying it so far! I just realized there are three worlds? My first sim Rayna is doing really well as an artist but money got right when she needed to buy a new computer (guess she didn’t “need” it since she has a tablet, but that’s mainly for art). She’s had a few relationships but it just feels too soon to take the next step and “pop the question”. My other sim Ivan isn’t doing as well unfortunately… he couldn’t afford a furnished home when moving in so basically all his resources went towards furnishing the home with necessities. Here’s hoping that new computer programming job will start paying off, but to practice coding he may need to pawn his table to afford a decent computer!!

IRL I enjoy Star Wars new canon (books, comics, and animation especially), I try to write and make comics for a little extra cash, I’m really into board gaming, and currently teach English as a fo language at a high school in Japan.

I’d love to change my avatar to one of my sims or post some pictures, but I think I need to become more active first. Looking forward to learning more about the Sims and participating in some interesting discussions with you all! I’m a bit nervous but hopefully I can overcome my shyness :)
  • Options
    ACG wrote: »
    Hello,

I went to the Origin store looking to get a Star Wars game and noticed Sims 4 base game on sale. I couldn’t resist the temptation and bought it right away. I’ve played pretty much every version of the Sims since the first one (didn’t care for the Urbs all that much, though), and sure enough I’m back to being addicted. I’m no pro at these games or anything and aren’t usually that social about playing them, but I stumbled on these forums because it seems to be a good outlet to chat about sim life.

Currently I’m just playing the Sims 4 base game and am really enjoying it so far! I just realized there are three worlds? My first sim Rayna is doing really well as an artist but money got right when she needed to buy a new computer (guess she didn’t “need” it since she has a tablet, but that’s mainly for art). She’s had a few relationships but it just feels too soon to take the next step and “pop the question”. My other sim Ivan isn’t doing as well unfortunately… he couldn’t afford a furnished home when moving in so basically all his resources went towards furnishing the home with necessities. Here’s hoping that new computer programming job will start paying off, but to practice coding he may need to pawn his table to afford a decent computer!!

IRL I enjoy Star Wars new canon (books, comics, and animation especially), I try to write and make comics for a little extra cash, I’m really into board gaming, and currently teach English as a fo language at a high school in Japan.

I’d love to change my avatar to one of my sims or post some pictures, but I think I need to become more active first. Looking forward to learning more about the Sims and participating in some interesting discussions with you all! I’m a bit nervous but hopefully I can overcome my shyness :)

Hello @ACG :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the threads, find helpful game tips, and enjoy posting on the threads. As you start posting on the threads, I hope that you may feel a little less nervous, and enjoy chatting with fellow simmers :)
    It is great that you are back simming again and are playing Sims 4. There are three worlds with the base game. Packs add extra worlds also.
    I hope that Rayna continues to go well as an artist, and Ivan goes well in his new job!
    It is nice that you are a foreign language teacher in Japan. You are helping the students to learn a language that will be helpful for them as they interact with other people around the world.
  • Options
    NurseKneesNurseKnees Posts: 19 Member
    Ok so this might be a dumb question but what do people mean when they say “cc” on here?
    Also, I’ve never played with mods and I’d really like to but I don’t know how to do it and I’m worried I’ll mess it up and lose all my progress (I’m doing the 100 baby challenge and if I have to start over I’ll cry). Is there any place that explains how to use mods and where to get good, safe ones?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top