The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Life Stories-Ever Play It?

Found it at my local thrift store and started playing it. It’s basically a more basic version of The Sims 2, made for laptops, with a certain story/goal prop system in place. I thought it was okay, nothing too exciting(ran very well, though!). Anyone else play it?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, I always felt it was too scripted for a sandbox player like me. But I did play Castaway many years later just long enough to get to the sandbox mode. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    No I never played it or Castaway. I heard they were basically watered down versions for those with laptops that couldn't run 2, so I never bothered playing either of them.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited February 2018
    i bought all 3 but played only Castaway so far
    it was ok but i liked quite a lot the stranded feeling in it

maybe i should play the other two as well :grimace:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I got life stories for my birthday when I was a kid :) never played castaway sadly..
  • DampenedLeavesDampenedLeaves Posts: 26 Member
    Life Stories was my gateway to the series as a little kid. My mum would only buy me that because it was cheaper and wouldn't kill our laptop haha. I pestered her enough to let me buy The Sims 2 eventually.
    tKtfnik.gif

She/Her
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    I had it back in the day, and I got through the story modes. then I tried to transfer the .sc4 files over to TS2.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited April 2018
    I played it when I was about 11, and loved it so much. When Riley broke up with her boyfriend over Dylan, I had to quit playing for a week to come to terms with it. I remember explaining everything to my brother (who had no clue what I was on about or why) and asking him 'But do you think they'll end up together? Because I don't think I can go on playing if they don't.'

Anyway, sims life stories was my first introduction to the sims games, and from there I bought sims 2.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I bought it and Castaways. There was a bug in it which I couldn't get past. :(
    It was fine for what it was. :)
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Oh geeze, I remember Sims Life stories. A friend had it and gave me the disc because she thought it was an adventure pc game. Of course I knew what it was and never played that one and when launching it, I remember it told me I had to play with a pre-made in order to unlock making my own sims. Good times.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I love the cinematic effects they had to those stories from all three stories pack
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I picked it up last month and it does run really well! Personally, I like the quest aspect, but I also really like Urbz in the city.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I have it and have played to the end of the women (name forgot) but have not played in a long time.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I did play it, and I had a fair amount of fun doing so... until... I discovered Castaway. LOL If you enjoy Life Stories you'll probably really enjoy Castaway. Castaway was usurped by Sims Medieval (an outrageously funny title that has an amusing dose of crude humor in it.) I still play it! If you come across The Urbz, that's a worthy title to pick up and explore too, if you like underground city nightlife scenarios.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I own both life/pets stories. use to love them but I like playing my packs more with 2 so stopped playing them.

castaway stories is still fun for me tho.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Yes, I currently have life stories and castaway and play them every once in awhile. On MTS someone made the neighborhoods from life stories, for TS2, which I’ve downloaded and played too :)
  • SimwatchSimwatch Posts: 6 New Member
    Played it and the pets stories a long time ago. It's fun for a play through but not something in would go back to.
  • SeloBeeSeloBee Posts: 177 Member
    I remember getting Life Stories for Christmas a long long time ago when they first came out, and my sister got Castaway. Personally I'm with Cinebar on that it was too questy for my sandbox-y tastes back then, but recently I've been watching lots of random playthroughs on YouTube, and one of them was Castaway and now I wanna try my hand at them all again. Too bad I don't have those discs anymore, but thank goodness for eBay and Amazon! :lol:
    The world is quiet here
  • LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    Yes! i Play it! The sims 2 Is not running perfectly to My computer. So i got life stories!
  • hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    I actually played Life and Pets for the first time last year. I quite enjoyed following a structured storyline for once in a Sims game. Kinda like the little stories set up for the original three Neighbourhoods in Sims 2. They are very quick to complete though but I like that it was Sims 2 Lite after. You can also put mods and cc in which is really cool. Also really great for laptops and pcs that can't handle much.
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I bought all 3 but only played Life Stories the most. I have both of the custom neighborhoods in my current game now. I miss the stories and tried to re-create them but couldn't.
  • LindiOutOfAfricaLindiOutOfAfrica Posts: 17 Member
    I had Life Stories when I was younger. It was pretty cool for the most part (except Riley's story....that was just plain awful).

Most of Riley's story plots were plain cringe (made even worse that it was required to play through in order to unlock Vincent's story), while Vincent's story was quite enjoyable.
    qmKQpYB.jpg
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I played it and I liked it... The only one I actively play after I finish the story is Castaway stories... I just love the towns and sims!
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I found the drama in the life stories games quite hilarious. I remember wanting the new objects, floors and walls in the original game though. Even the swimming pool graphics looked better in the life stories version.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I’m not sure what to do about the pool graphics but you can find the furniture in Life/Pet/Castaway stories to download for your game at more awesome than you and at garden of shadows uk... Just make sure you get the updated versions for your latest EP and read about them first... I’d also recommend using gardenofshadows.org uk to find sims store content and pre order stuff it’s all free.

Just be careful and have fun
  • SeloBeeSeloBee Posts: 177 Member
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    I’m not sure what to do about the pool graphics but you can find the furniture in Life/Pet/Castaway stories to download for your game at more awesome than you and at garden of shadows uk... Just make sure you get the updated versions for your latest EP and read about them first... I’d also recommend using gardenofshadows.org uk to find sims store content and pre order stuff it’s all free.

Just be careful and have fun

Just got Castaway again, thank you so much for this info!! :heart::heart:
    The world is quiet here