Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Del So Valley Studio B: the Movie Title game.

LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
So this is based off the card game "Studio B" with just some tweaks to make it simple.

This generator gives you themes that you must put into your B-movie:

http://www.boardgamizer.com/themes

And with this generator, you will be give a title:

http://www.bmovienamegenerator.com/

With those, you must pitch a movie plot that somehow makes sense with the themes and title, although with this being a B-list movie, you can go all Ed Wood with it.

Do note that because some B movies can sometimes fall outside PG-13, be sure to Sim those up. Like if it's something of the exploitation genre involving substances that you shouldn't be using, make it something like "buzzberry" or "strong juice"

Example of what I'm taking about:

Themes: Political, Revenge

Title: The Extraterrestrial Santa Claus of Satan

Plot: You all know about Santa. What you don't know is that he actually came to our planet after being cast off his own home planet of Vulcan, where his dictator of a brother named Satan lives. Now, Santa must return to his planet to get revenge on his brother for killing Mrs. Claus. This Christmas, Santa trades in the reindeer for warp speed technology!

There's no winner in this game. It's just something for fun and laughs.
D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I'll play a separate post so you can see what I'm talking about:

Themes: Managers, Prehistoric

Title:The Night My Teacher became a Bloodthirsty Dinosaur

Plot: Nerdy Frankie Poindexter and his friends find out about an underground cult run by store managers from all over the country to bring back the dinosaurs in an effort to sell "giant turkey legs". The cult plans on doing this by turning humans into dinosaurs with the help of some ancient prehistoric blood ritual. However, after kidnapping Poindexter's teacher, Mr. Salisbury for such a ritual, things go awry as he becomes a giant, mutant canivorous killing machine! Now Poindexter must stop his teacher from killing all of Haven, Maine in one monstrous rampage!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2019
    Theme: Kingdom

Title: The Mutant Buzzard of Death

Plot: A totally-not-a-rip-off of The Three-Eyed Raven from Game of Thrones, but this time it's the Harbinger of Doom and the Night King is the hero who saves us all with his promise of life after death.
  • FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    edited April 2019
    This sounds fun!

Theme: midnight, traps

Title: Evil Boogieman vs Devil Beasts

Plot: All mythical creatures enter a battle at midnight. They must set traps and whoever is left remaining wins. The last two creatures alive are the Evil Boogieman and the Devil Beasts. One question still remains: who will win?
    Aw. This one could actually be a movie...LOL

Theme: Mission, Planet

Title: Mega Giants vs Devil Alien from Mars

Plot: Humanity has created a team of super-humans, known as the Meg-Giants for their enormous height, to take on a mission to Mars to stop the invading Devil Alien, a horror beyond all means, capable of using its atomic rays to destroy anything in its path. For humanity's sake, it must be stopped before it reaches Earth. Now in 3-D UV Kaledioscope Vision!!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Theme: Court, Cuba

Title: Army of the Extraterrestrial Beasts from the Center of the Earth

Plot: The nation of Cuba is invaded by creatures that derive deep from within the Earth's core which emerged after a fatal volcano eruption 20 miles away from the Cuban Capital, Havana. Armed Forces from around the world must help the lively and colourful country of Cuba face this ever-growing threat and save the rest of humanity. The Army of the Extraterrestrial Beasts from the Center of the Earth : The Musical! brings you you some of your favourite tunes from Camilla Cabello to help bring this story to life, including: Havana, Never be the same and Consequences
    Theme: Diamond, Medieval

Title: Curse of the Dead Trolls from the Center of the Earth

Plot:King Arthur and his knights are sent on a quest to stop a race of zombie trolls from Satan's Maw from rampaging over Europe. Things get even more dire when one of them captures Queen Guinevere and her handmaidens. Only the Holy Diamond can stop such undead abominations and send them back to the underworld!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184