Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• ChristelleChristelle Posts: 144 Member
    edited April 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #BnS118- Spring Challenge: Goths in spring
    FORUM ID:Christelle
    (It also features on my showcase thread.)
    ORIGIN ID: Stel85
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    HOUSEHOLD: Goths in spring
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Goths family wanted to move a little out of their comfortzone. They wanted to go a little away from the grey and black colour scheme and add a little bit of Spring to their closet. Bella Goth has always love red too, but she added a shorter dress in red and a bit of pink and purple, Mortimer added blue and even pink to his closet, Cassandra added more modern black and white, pink in different shades, Alexander added green, purple and a bit of red to his closet. All stayed true to themselves. still stylish, just more modern and spring fashion.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used

Hope I filled it in correctly?

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    9oT5Qrg.jpg
    k5zkK4f.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    It will not let me post, as it says i have to be here a while longer before i can post links
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2019
    It will not let me post, as it says i have to be here a while longer before i can post links

Hi, @KitelDesigns! Welcome to BuildnShare :)THIS POST explains what you need to do to become a full forum member. The off-topic section of the forum has some threads that will help you get your post count up.

In the meantime, you can post your link with some spaces in the https:// part like this:

h t t p s : //forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/17049095#Comment_17049095
    Christelle wrote: »
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:Christelle

Hope I filled it in correctly?

Hi and welcome :) For a Sim Entry, we're going to want to see a linked slideshow highlighting all the outfits and showing the sims a bit in game. You could even do a before/after since this is a makeover. And please provide a link to family in your Gallery. Let us know if you need any suggestions or help for any of those.

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: abc1538544310 (Kitel Designs)
    LEVEL: First Entry
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Williow Creek- Ophelia
    NEW LOT LINK: https: //www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3348ED9C696011E9842426975FCF53D6?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 5,500
    GALLERY COST: 208,976
    TOTAL COST: 214,476
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - https: //imgur.com/a/zyZoIMc
    ENTRY DETAILS: A spring revamp of the Ophelia home for the Goths. The second floor bath was reorganized to include a toddler room.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: abc1538544310 (Kitel Designs)
    LEVEL: First Entry
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3348ED9C696011E9842426975FCF53D6?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 208,976
    TOTAL COST: 214,476
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - https://imgur.com/a/zyZoIMc
    ENTRY DETAILS: A spring revamp of the Ophelia home for the Goths. The second floor bath was reorganized to include a toddler room.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Hi @KitelDesigns, Awesome first entry!

• jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Is it okay if I just do the house part of the challenge? It's a bit too much work for me to do a room, the family and the house.
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @jeswainston65 You're welcome to do any of the three parts of the challenge you wish to do, or all of them if you want. So, doing just the house part is perfectly fine! :) Looking forward to seeing your entry.
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    fcuRqPI.png
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention STARTING OUT and ESTABLISHED entrants for #BnS117 The Hawthorne Project Part IX: Your results are now available starting HERE.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Can’t wait to get started! I’ll have to wait until I patch my game though..
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
    Thanks @Allears

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    i really want to try this one...Its just finding the time to post my work.....Everyone does such a good job on there builds. lol i did the hawthorn project twice and ran out of time to post an entry.
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    Can’t wait to get started! I’ll have to wait until I patch my game though..
    i really want to try this one...Its just finding the time to post my work.....Everyone does such a good job on there builds. lol i did the hawthorn project twice and ran out of time to post an entry.

Welcome to BuildnShare! Looking forward to seeing your entries :)@WILDFLOWER1971 If you don't have time for the full reno (and this is a pretty big one), the room challenge is a good alternative.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Waaaiiiitt...
    So if the room and house challenge are separate.. And in the room challenge the staircase must remain in the same spot.. Does that mean that the staircase in the house challenge can change location as long as the 6x6 (exterior walls) remains? :o:D
    Entry Form

CHALLENGE #118 - Spring Renovation of Goth Manor

FORUM ID: jeswainston65

ORIGIN ID: jeswainston65

LEVEL: beginner

NEW LOT LINK: Ophelia Villa

GALLERY COST: 207,281

TOTAL COST: 212,781

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Goth Manor

ENTRY DETAILS: A spring revamp of the Ophelia home for the Goths. Interior walls were rearranged, new garden and fountain added to front lawn, new exterior/interior decorating, added sitting area to the back yard, as well as a line of trees for privacy, upstairs added a bbq area and a place for Cassandra to vlog about her conspiracy theories.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

00.jpg

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @Devilariah
    You can change the style, size, and location of any stairs.

Yes, you can move the stairs, but the room must stay in place! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Allears wrote: »
    @Devilariah
    You can change the style, size, and location of any stairs.

Yes, you can move the stairs, but the room must stay in place! :)

The New Possibilities <3 ahhhh
    thnx!!
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited May 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: psykt
    ORIGIN ID: saramonster
    LEVEL: Unsure
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/nb-no/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/291497F36C1111E98C257E6A61392AEA
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/yUhDwuI
    ENTRY DETAILS:

I wanted to keep the quirky within the family, and simply enhance their styles, while also making them more fresh and spring-ready. To me, spring is more about re-birthing and renewing than actual light colors and spring motifs. Goth is a classy and well respected family, and I wanted to showcase that in their styles. I also wanted to keep the Goths in their usual color scheme, with the darker tones, and Bella's iconic red dress was a huge inspiration for all of the styles.

Mortimer's got a whole new mustache and a new hair do, as well as some more modern clothes, while keeping his own aesthetic. Bella, the most modern of the family, has also gotten a new hairstyle, but not too far from what she's comfortable with. Her outfits are modern yet sultry and sophisticated, much like before, but better. Cassandra is a total nerd, and I love that about her. I gave her a shorter hair style and some cute round glasses to match, as well as I enhanced her preppy yet nerdy normal style with some fresher clothes. Alexander is a little cutie, and I wanted to dress him like I think his parents would want him to dress. He's gotten some very dapper clothes and some new glasses to match, as well as a cute pompadour hairstyle.
    The first picture shows the family's everyday outfits, while the second shows the highlights of the rest of their outfits.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used.
    77ekoqQ.jpg
    tumblr_pqslx55IOh1uz57gao2_1280.jpg
    Post edited by psykt on
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    CHALLENGE #118 - Spring Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Expert
    ROOM: Spark Mind
    GALLERY COST: 23,881
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: I redesigned Alexander Goth's bedroom on the 3rd floor. The drab colors are gone and are now replaced with neutral tones with pops of color. Aside from a chess table and a dresser, this room now also has a computer table in the corner.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    dPsTf5A.png
    r31awNv.png
    edited May 2019
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Avarice Acres
    NEW LOT LINK: Casa ni Doña Ofeliana
    ENTRY DETAILS: Casa ni Doña Ofeliana, or "Doña Ofeliana's House" is the Goth home Ophelia Villa remodeled into a mansion with features from Filipino Colonial architecture. It has what the previous Goth home had, but with a new library wing with a dance hall included. There's also a pool and a graveyard at the back, because it's not a Goth home without a graveyard. It is also equipped with air-conditioning as well as ceiling fans to beat the heat.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    kyXZZZf.png
    gyeUPxg.png

This is probably the biggest renovation I've done in a while. I had to finish this early just so that I could focus on my other activities. :lol:
    Post edited by pronterus on
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I have a question about the Sim entry :

Do You just want a clothes change ?, Nothing to do with their demeanor..

Since Sims 3 with their house and the way they were I always linked them to the occult..

Thanks,

Diane Pinkus

• lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:lzbthnndgls
    ORIGIN ID:lzbthnndgls
    LEVEL: _____________
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Ophelia Villa
    NEW LOT LINK: https://ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/798A70A86C6011E98FE526975FCF53D6?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=ophelia%20villa%20makeover&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $5,500
    GALLERY COST: $195,664
    TOTAL COST: $201,164
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https:https://imgur.com/a/YtQdwUJ
    ENTRY DETAILS: I love natural light and I feel with as pale as the Goths are, they could use a little more sun. So I made sure there were a ton of floor to ceiling windows for them to soak up that Vitamin D. I kept the layout mostly the same, but I moved Alexander's bedroom downstairs so that I could make a gorgeous greenhouse on the roof that opens up to a picnic spot for grilling, karaoke, painting, and catching yourself on fire... In the front I added some fountains and landscaped around the front, side, and back. The backyard leads to on open patio, next to which is a gorgeous pink garden! This pink was carried throughout the house decor along with a nice spring green and baby blue. The whole house is now bright and cheery and actually livable. It's especially inviting since I took that awful imposing fence away. The Goths might not want visitors but now they might not have a choice with how welcoming it looks!
    I would also like to take a moment to comment on the bathrooms. The second floor bathroom in particular is an eyesore. The walls are tiled in what can only be described as Pepto Bismol Pink. It's so pink it makes you sick. Kinda like Pepto Bismol. If the walls don't make your sim sick, the talking toilet cracking jokes sure will.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: juwels64 for art on Origin and Aljay2000 on Origin/ @aljay on here for art
    TUMBLR LINK: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thesewordsneedtobeunderstood
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    BrKzWsC.png
    CtZ1dVy.png
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
    I have a question about the Sim entry :

Do You just want a clothes change ?, Nothing to do with their demeanor..

Since Sims 3 with their house and the way they were I always linked them to the occult..

Thanks,

Diane Pinkus

That's totally up to you! :) If you think their new abode means a demeanor change is in order, too - go for it!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    cWwE2Q4.png

WoWza - that is quite a makeover!

giphy.gif

pronterus wrote: »
    cWwE2Q4.png

WoWza - that is quite a makeover!

giphy.gif

Thanks @KittKat7147 !
    HOUSEHOLD: Goth - Makeover
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted the Goths to look a bit looser and more relaxed compared to their uptight-looking ensemble from before. I also used brighter colors to go with the home.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    E2VHPk8.jpg
    rre1ENp.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top