Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim is sad for 2 days after death

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if there is a way to stop my sims from being sad for 2 whole days after a death. My sim is friends with a lot of people so he gets sad every time one of them dies, even if he hasn't seen them in forever! It's driving me crazy. The only thing I've done is call Sadness hotline which reduces it slightly but not by much!
Origin: twinklegalaxy
Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Get a computer and blog about feelings when sad. It's the best and fastest way to get rid of the sad buff, that I've found.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    Thanks so much!
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    The next fastest way is to call the sadness hotline. I do that sometimes when that whim comes up.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    @candystorm: if you don't mind mods Weerbesu's UI cheat can get rid of any moodlet. Just right-click on the moodlet icon (ie the blue "sad" one) & their mood will (usually) go back to the one before that.
  • jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    I’m playing the 100 Baby Challenge and I’m at the point where all the older sims are dying. My family is sad constantly.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    "Jog to clear mind" and writing in a journal also help a lot, as does giving yourself a pep talk in the mirror. But, as @Starfree says, UI Cheats Extension mod works best :D
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    You could always use testing cheats to make them happy.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I rotated back to a household yesterday and my sim teen was sad from Brent dying. I had her paint a sad painting on the easel, cry in the closet, tried the mirror, called hotline, and had her mother discuss the sad mood with her. Finally she became happy but did switch back to sad later.

It is really tough when your sims know a lot of people and they start dying all around the same time. I have a hard time getting them thru that!
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    If you have another sim you can "try to cheer up". This interaction can erase sadness immediately in the affected sim, if it works. I'm not sure if the interaction is gated on charisma or what emotions the sim trying to do it needs - I know they can't do it if they also have a negative moodlet. I'd say my sims in a large friendly family succeed about 50% of the time with this interaction (100% friendly) and I have no idea how well it's tied to friendship of emotional state, but if I have it I often try it out as it can erase a sad buff of arbitrary duration or strength in a single go. Failure has a small relationship penalty, but it's small enough I don't mind paying.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    My immortal Alien/Vampire couple get an continuous barrage as entire generations wither and die around them.
    The Soulmate aspiration reward "Lend Emotional Support"(friendly) reliably clears the moodlet, but can only be done once a day or so.
  • PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    There is a herbal elixir your sim can cook on the stove, if your sim has the proper ingredients and the necessary skill of herbalism, the elixir removes the sadness and if you have a cloning machine you have indefinite supply :)
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    I agree that the sadness feature is overdone. 3 hours would be enough and we need a choice to turn it off.
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    If you use MCCC there's a setting to remove that moodlet. It's somewhere under cheats>cheat sim info(or something like that)>moodlet/buffs

That's what I usually do when the whole family is sad over some extended relative that they never met.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    doesn't the moodlet solver work? No cheats, mods, long interactions necessary.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    You can also get them to go to a mirror and buck themselves up , it takes a while but at least they don't stay sad for 2 days . It bugs me when they are sad over some random townie they never even knew hardly , just because they talked to them once when i was playing a different family . Because of this i have now turned off ageing for unplayed townies , and just delete a load every so often to keep the town fresh
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    There is a "happiness" potion in the rewards that cost only 750 points, I generally use that.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    You can also get them to go to a mirror and buck themselves up , it takes a while but at least they don't stay sad for 2 days . It bugs me when they are sad over some random townie they never even knew hardly , just because they talked to them once when i was playing a different family . Because of this i have now turned off ageing for unplayed townies , and just delete a load every so often to keep the town fresh

They've fixed this - the two or more days of sad was meant to address players' issues with Sims who didn't seem to care that they'd lost someone close to them. Unfortunately, it got a bit out of hand, and any Sim your Sim had ever met - even enemies - triggered endless sad. Now, it's only for Sims with whom they have a family link (or close relationship? My Sims never have good friends outside of their family, so I don't know whether that works properly or not). In any case, if a relative who was close to my Sims, such as a parent, dies, the Sim is sad for several days, but she should be. With casual acquaintances, I don't think I even get a death notification anymore.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I use the UI cheat mod to adjust moodlets. It's only partly cheating, I think, because I might let them keep a sad moodlet for say 1 day, then delete it if I will rather do something else than being sad. The fine thing about UI Cheat is that you can decide whether you use it or not, it won't do anything unless you choose it to.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I just let them be sad. Usually they will find something that makes them happy again soon enough. I think it would be a little boring if they had no emotions and were always happy plus it is normal to be sad when a friend or family member dies.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I just let them be sad. Usually they will find something that makes them happy again soon enough. I think it would be a little boring if they had no emotions and were always happy plus it is normal to be sad when a friend or family member dies.

Yes, but 2 days in a Sims' life are almost 2 years IRL and for me that is too much mourning about friends that I never noticed.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,484 Member

Yes, but 2 days in a Sims' life are almost 2 years IRL and for me that is too much mourning about friends that I never noticed.

Two days equals two years in your game? Oh, my. Then the females must be giving birth to Elephant-Sims! After all it takes close to two years for elephants. Since a Sim is pregnant for three Sim days, I equate one day with three months. If I'm just trying to stagger the children, I may age them up with only a day or two between them, but that's mostly to show birth order.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Two days equals two years in your game? Oh, my. Then the females must be giving birth to Elephant-Sims! After all it takes close to two years for elephants. Since a Sim is pregnant for three Sim days, I equate one day with three months. If I'm just trying to stagger the children, I may age them up with only a day or two between them, but that's mostly to show birth order.

If you play normal lifespans, Sims get 98 days old I think. So one day is approx. one year.
  • LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    I like that they're sad for a long time, but I think it should only be for sims who they were really close with. It's unrealistic for them to be that sad for two days over someone they haven't met in a million years.