Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where did the ads on the main menu go?

There used be banners that promote new packs and stuff.

NHQ9Y0D.jpg

Now it just looks sad and empty.

2jZOCkt.jpg

It's been this way for so long. Does anyone at Maxis even care anymore?
qidpmcvgek8y.png

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I noticed it was gone. I thought it was because I turned off the in-game internet access.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    You’re really complaining because there’s....NOT....ads in the game any longer?

You’re on that screen for a very short period of time I don’t see why this change is a big deal?
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'm glad they're gone, lol. I didn't even notice until this post.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Thank god.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    You’re really complaining because there’s....NOT....ads in the game any longer?

You’re on that screen for a very short period of time I don’t see why this change is a big deal?

I was thinking the same thing lol :p

agree with you.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I knew something was missing but I didn't realize until you said something. Haha
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Hopefully they’ve just gone on holiday and they’ll return when there’s new content to advertise. And yes; I don’t mind the ads. They’re not bothering me, they’re just sitting at the bottom of the screen doing their thing while filling up the screen a bit more.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    Hopefully they’ve just gone on holiday and they’ll return when there’s new content to advertise. And yes; I don’t mind the ads. They’re not bothering me, they’re just sitting at the bottom of the screen doing their thing while filling up the screen a bit more.

Same. It will only be a problem to me if they let other companies to advertise in the game ads, rather than just about the game

• Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    I was wondering the same thing, not that I'm complaining anyway.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2019
    I like the main screen to be clean, with just the main render. There's already adds in the gallery for new packs so meh.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I like the ad free look. It's clean, and now we get to pick which pack art we open to! I think it's great.
  • Options
    SimGuruGeorgeSimGuruGeorge Posts: 49 SimGuru
    I turned them off.

If you really really really want them back on I can see what I can do. ;) Generally, it just seemed better to only turn them on when something new was announced, or a trailer was dropping, or a really cool sale was happening. The updated pack icons on the left hand side will show you, and take you to a store page for, any of the packs you currently don't have.

-SimGuruGeorge