Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inappropriate Trait - Spamming Forum Posting

Does anyone know of a mod that can tweak how often they post on the forum? My sim spams this action and it sucks because I like to let my sims roam free and do as they please. However, if she queues this action one more time, I might be compelled to kill her. I don't want to change the trait, I just need her to chill! She never even goes back to check for responses!

Comments

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Bahahaha :joy:

Get her a job perhaps? Or maybe just sell her computer so she can no longer spam? :b
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm also playing with an inappropriate Sim and am also annoyed by this compulsive behavior. I ended up taking the computer away. The alternative being that I keep the Sim in question busy at all times and/or off the lot. Which is too tiresome.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    She was at university when it was at its worse. However, I don't want to get rid of the computer. I want to get rid of the annoyance. I have a writer in the house that needs her computer! And I get I can use a laptop, but I want all of them to have access to it.
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    You know what's even better than selling the computer? Give her a laptop so she can spam on the go! :D

On a serious note, you could keep the computers on your house on rooms that these sims can't enter by using the "specify sims for this door". They would still spam in community lots of course. I have never noticed much autonomous spamming. Does your sim also have Mean-Spirited trait?
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
    edited April 2019
    No, she does not. She has the get on my nerves trait. She actually has the friendly trait. Her traits... are a little contradicting. She's inappropriate, no sense of humor, charismatic, friendly, family oriented, dog person and loves the outdoors.

However, after looking through nraas returner, I did find an option under settings > general >By object > computer> make inappropriate form post. I set autonomous to false, so we will see if it works.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I hope Retuner does the trick for you! I can't tell you how many things I have tuned out because I find them annoying and absolutely adore the Retuner mod.
    Worked like a charm. She now does other things!
  • FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    edited April 2019
    So that was who was spamming the forums earlier hehe