Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod that increases "struck by lightning" chances?

WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
I've never been able to get a sim struck by lightning during a storm before. It's really frustrating.

Comments

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    I've never been able to get a sim struck by lightning during a storm before. It's really frustrating.

I've not heard of any mods that ouright increase the chance before, but I did find this article which analyses the in-game mechanics of lightning strikes.
    http://cyjon.net/node/285
    It might be useful in getting your Sim hit more easily.

With that being said, I'm also interested in a mod that can tune the odds of lightning strikes.
    Banner.png
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    edited April 2019
    That plus the 1% chance of dying... Maxis made it really hard to "fail" at this game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2019
    I can't remember who created it, but there was a config mod once upon a time that returned the ratios of failure states back to their original numbers before the two Seasons' patches which lowered (harder to achieve) all failure states from base game forward. It set those chances back to their orignal numbers and pre Season's patches. Sims after the second Seasons' patch no longer actually die from strikes but just get burned. Sims rarely fired, but demoted (base game change), etc. etc. Yeah, the changes to the base game ratios and any other pack were all in the two Seasons' patches after backlash of Seasons' by some. It (second Season's patch) changed this game forever. You will need a Config mod to see TS2 in it's glory, but I can't remember who created the mod to set those back to normal numbers before Seasons.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.