Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Sorry to hear that you've twisted your ankle @KaytayRoall and hope it heals quickly & that you're as comfortable as possible in the meantime.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Ditto what Jessa and Addy said, @KaytayRoall. I am so sorry to hear you twisted your ankle. Take this time to stay off your feet and relax a bit. Simming will help keep your mind off your ankle for a while too.
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    Just checking in for the latest check-in date.
    And a spoiler for my buddy - you're going to get a shell, definitely! I've managed to beat some of the techno-gremlins off with a big stick and actually build something. Might be running a little behind...oh well, I shall just have to have extra sinning time. "Sorry, honey, can't make tea, I have a house to finish building..." ;)
    That was supposed to say simming time, not sinning time! Ooops.
    @KaytayRoall - so sorry to hear about your ankle. Broke mine a while ago and it made life - shall we say, challenging - to say the least. Hope it heals fast, and that you get to rest up.

Checking in, @ADWilson :)

• Options
    @SamelaRita - sinning, simming... both seem like things you'd like extra time for. :wink:

I am, of course, in CAStland and looking for diversions. I'm caught up on Jessa's latest chapter in her reno challenge and wondering how Addy is doing on her daycare story. Oh well... back to CASting... or another diversion.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I've got two more I'm editing if you are looking for more distractions Ciane, once I can get my little one to settle down to lunch I will get back to them.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

I am into diversions and distractions today as well. The rain has returned as we expected so this is what I am up to ---
    I made this pillow to go with the quilt I finally finished this last winter

40767814273_086961ef34_z.jpg

and now I am going to make a flock of these cute little guys for Christmas gifts

46817765955_629a932895_z.jpg
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Got the shell of my house almost done
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Oh, I love that pillow @Kgaff and your flock will be awesome and much loved by all, I'm sure.

Yes, please @Jessabeans - I'll go over to your site and keep refreshing (between CASting, of course) until I see another chapter. (I've finished your first chapter of the day.)

@Bubbz3388 - congrats on your progress. I hope the rest goes smoothly.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

I just got caught up on my reading. I am picking up a lot of tips on building. I've never used the free real estate cheat, is that done in game or in CAS?

@KaytayRoall I hope your ankle gets better soon :/

I made a little owl
    33858620028_7ced7bf4e7_z.jpg
  • Options
    Those are adorable @Kgaff, and that's a beautiful pillow. You can use the freerealestate cheat from the neighboorhood screen before placing the family from the lot bin.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Kgaff What a darling little owl! <3 Love your pillow, too.

I usually put in the freerealestate cheat from the map view right before I am going to put a household into a house they can't afford. Comes in handy for tester sims and for families you aren't going to play but want in your town.

@KaytayRoall Hope your ankle is better soon. I'm sure it's nice to have some extra time to sim, but it would be a lot nicer if your ankle didn't hurt.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    You are so crafty @Kgaff! They are all adorable.

Loving your story @Jessabeans and I'm all caught up again.

It must be time for Netflix.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    ciane wrote: »
    You are so crafty Kgaff! They are all adorable.

Loving your story @Jessabeans and I'm all caught up again.

It must be time for Netflix.

Your support is awesome and very much appreciated. It's been fun playing the challenge, and to play sims with different traits than I am used to. Did you know brooding sims take 'brooding showers?' I hope to find a way to work that in, it's so amusing.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    @KaytayRoall I hope you heal up soon and have little pain! @Kgaff Super cute owl! He looks so smart looking, very adorable work m'dear!
  • Options
    My hammer and nails are still at work my buddy! I'm having super fun creating for this challenge! I may have gotten a little carried away! ;)
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Hello All. I have been bust today but sadly not on Sims. I finally was able to deliver the baby set I made to the lady and she was happy with it .. So I was happy she was happy.

52757127_2386972524648323_7585695255928766464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=7dd6d9c20c26a41d5404411051bb011e&oe=5D6C04FC

I love the owls @Kgaff I wish I could sew but according to my mother, I am unteachable. She said a drunk can sew a straight line better then I can. LOL So guess I need to stick to jewelry making and crochet.

On the plus side I am finishing up dinner and then I can sit down and play some. When last I played I was not happy at all with the color pallets I kept trying to use. So I tried @ciane suggestion and just started plunking stuff down in one of the rooms with the idea to go back later and play with the colors. So now it is time for me to go back in and try to make some sense of things.

I still have a lot to write on my storyline part of the gift but I would love to read some of everyone's stories ... So tell me when I go to find them.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    That baby outfit looks adorable. I'm glad trying something new is working out. I like the fit in the furniture too before I use the CaSt, but I also change my mind several times. I like to get into sim level like I would be taking screenshots to see if anything looks out of place and make adjustments as needed.

Here they are @Mystik1978
    Addy's https://adwilson1991.wordpress.com/
    BreeMile's https://breemiles.wordpress.com/
    Ciane's https://iamciane.wordpress.com/
    FriendsFan https://friendsfan36.wordpress.com/
    Mine https://jessabeansims.home.blog/
    Mmdrgntobldrgn's https://mmdrgntobldrgn.wordpress.com/
    SamelaRita's https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/

I'm sorry if I missed anyone.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    Of course she was happy with it. That is absolutely adorable @Mystik1978. Crocheting is much harder than sewing I think.
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @Jessabeans @ADWilson @ciane @SamelaRita @Kgaff Thank you all for the kind well-wishes. <3 I can already tell after half a day wearing a splint and keeping weight off it that it is helping.

@Kgaff That owl is so cute! And I love the colors!

All the chat about process is very interesting! Like others, I start by looking up pictures. Sometimes I will replicate (as best I can, anyway) a facade, sometimes I pick out features I like and mix and match. The back I usually just make up on my own, unless I happen to find corresponding pictures. The roof is a big part of getting the style right for me, so it tends to dictate layout more than the other way around. I almost never work off of floor plans because they don't translate the way I want them to, I just make up the room layout after getting the exterior walls up. One of my recent builds, I spent a couple hours just trying to figure out where I wanted what rooms.

Furnishing, decorating and CASting I like less than the actual building. It is so satisfying when I feel like I've done a good job, though. I sort of do a mix of the various processes that have been mentioned. Sometimes I'll lay out the major furniture pieces, then CASt. Sometimes I CASt as I go. Sometimes I go very specifically from one room to the next (usually start in the communal spaces--living room, kitchen, dining room, etc--then move on to bedrooms), other times I jump around. All depends on my mood and how big the build is. A bigger build, I'm more likely to focus on one room at a time so I don't get overwhelmed.
  • Options
    @Kgaff your pillow is pretty and the owl is one cute hoot! :)
    Pretty crochet work @Mystik1978 o:)

It's been fun reading about the creating process each of you go through to get from start to finish.
  • Options
    TODAY is Check-In day!
    This is to give a generic progress update.

Only one needing to check in is @equuest
    Hope to hear something soon.
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    This week is finals week for me so I have been busy working on finishing up assignments and studying. As soon as that's all done, I'll start working on my build for my buddy :)
  • Options
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @ADWilson do we have to have story to go along with the gift we are making?
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    today is cold and rainy. eww. its just drizzle but i got cold and wet. so since i spend wed aand thurs inside. i'll resume my gifts then mostly done but i came up with a new idea ran it by addy .she liked now just research and execution left.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top